PDA

View Full Version : Chatroom problems?

Pink Dandelion
09-20-2006, 11:36 PM
Is anybody else having chatroom problems? I set mine to 'classic refresh' before I logged in, that seemed to help myself and Mama Bear, but I couldn't see anybody else talking...

brendajos
09-20-2006, 11:39 PM
well i was going to post on the chat thread but it seems to have disappeared...lol. I couldn't get the page to load correctly. As you could probably see i tried under two different names but i kept getting redirected to a search page saying it couldn't find the page.

Of course i was actually ON the page but it wouldn't fully load. i disabled my firewalls, popup, and ad blockers and nuthin' was working. I never used to have problems but it has been a long time since i used the chat room so who knows. :shrug:

Pink Dandelion
09-20-2006, 11:41 PM
that was the same problem I got before I chaged the refresh type, it's in a drop down menu under the login box

Eloewien
09-21-2006, 09:18 AM
Thanks for the tip-- I had the same problem in that it wouldn't load. I changed to classic refresh, now it works :)

Friskums
09-21-2006, 11:06 AM
Yeah, classic refresh works better for me at work. (We have a proxy). But, I still have to right click on the chat box and choose refresh to actually see anything new.

Proxies are so stooooooopid. :wall:

Norman
09-21-2006, 11:32 AM
You also have to remember that, on the server side, there is a program that needs to run to..

With the script that amy runs, as I run it too, the server side sometimes just exists and it needs to be restarted.

Taht can cause problems with page timeouts and not refreshing right..

Make sure javascript and meta stuff is enabled, sometimes that gets disabled in IE..