PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the advice Now I know I have a problem

itsazoo
09-26-2006, 10:17 AM
Thanks to everyone who advised me to pick Webs as the yarn store to visit. After I left there with 3 bags stuffed full of yarn my husband wasn't about to let me go into another yarn store. I was overwhelmed in there. The warehouse is a dream/nightmare!

Now someone had advised that I should have a few projects in mind before going in and this was the best advise I DIDN'T heed. And here is where I admit I have a problem.

I have never gone into a store with a project in mind :wall: . This could (I'm hoping) be because I'm new to knitting. I get into a shop and I tell myself I'm just looking for ideas and then I lose all sense of reason and I walk out with yarn I have no idea what I'm going to do with. I don't even know if I have enough yarn to do anything with I just know I :heart: the yarn and couldn't live with out it.

I'm ashamed :oops: to admit that I've begun hiding yarn around my house because if anyone knew how much yarn I have (I don't even really know how much I have :oops: :oops: ) they would start asking what I'm going to do with it all and I have no answer.

I am currently working on my first sweater (well actually my first 2 sweaters. It probably isn't a good idea to have more than one project going at the same time but I got stuck on how to make a sleeve so I started a second sweater.)

Does anyone else have this problem? Does it get better as your knitting skills improve? Is there any hope for me?

suecq
09-26-2006, 10:22 AM
Sorry, it only gets worse.

janelanespaintbrush
09-26-2006, 10:26 AM
It's entirely normal. I've only been at it since February, but I already have enough yarn to last me for years. I'm lucky to have a big closet to myself. I think DH would be shocked if he realized how much I had. Amused, but shocked. I had no idea that a knitting hobby would lead to a yarn habit, but apparently it's very common. Welcome to the club. You're in good company. ;)

skNYC
09-26-2006, 10:27 AM
I was looking for the definition of small/medium/large stash size of yarn thread, but I couldn't find it. Kemp, are you out there? Can you clarify the definition again? Let's see where itsazoo's stash falls in.

Stiney
09-26-2006, 11:16 AM
I'm ashamed :oops: to admit that I've begun hiding yarn around my house because if anyone knew how much yarn I have (I don't even really know how much I have :oops: :oops: ) they would start asking what I'm going to do with it all and I have no answer.

Don't be silly, you know EXACTLY what you're going to do with it.

You're going to knit it. :rofl:

rebecca
09-26-2006, 12:32 PM
I would LOVE to go to WEBS!!! Lucky girl!
LOL, we all have the same problem! Buying yarn is just something that goes along with knitting! I love, love to buy yarn, as a matter of fact, I'm already making my list of the yarn that I want to get on our Christmas vacation!
You are not alone :roflhard: :rofl:

stitchwitch
09-26-2006, 12:36 PM
I call my husband "the enabler" because I'll visit a yarn store and keep saying "oh look how pretty" and he just keeps telling me to "buy it, buy it". :roflhard: I'm guessing there are worse addictions. When someone develops a 12 step program for yarn addiction, then I'll seek help, until then I'll be happy in my own little yarn induced world. :roflhard:

itsazoo
09-26-2006, 01:18 PM
I call my husband "the enabler" because I'll visit a yarn store and keep saying "oh look how pretty" and he just keeps telling me to "buy it, buy it".

Oh, I wish my husband was like that. My husband is more of a "scowler" :-x . He was sitting in a little waiting area they have at Webs. (It was very nice with manly magazines and chairs.) And he kept trying to "track" me and see what I was doing.

Once I got into the warehouse (knitters wet dream) he couldn't see me and by the time I came out I had an overflowing basket of yarn. (And to think I scoffed at a woman who pushed a shopping cart in :?? ) I was actually hiding behind a sign at the check-out so he couldn't see me and then I gave the cashier all the cash I had and put the rest on a credit card so he wouldn't know how much I really spent :oops: !

aineepooh1
09-26-2006, 02:10 PM
YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Julie
09-26-2006, 03:04 PM
I would LOVE to go to WEBS!!!

Can you all even IMAGINE if Lonnie took Becka to WEBS?

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

skNYC
09-26-2006, 03:06 PM

Maybe they should plan a vacation to NE just to so they can do that.

snowbear
09-26-2006, 05:19 PM
* :waah: Daughter is moving from NE to San Diego... will never have a chance to go to WEBS.... they should have a web site.. then I can just click & click & click & click... you get the idea... hugs...

skNYC
09-26-2006, 05:22 PM
... they should have a web site.. then I can just click & click & click & click... you get the idea... hugs...

They DO have a website ! Don't forget to click the link from this site if you decided to buy.

snowbear
09-26-2006, 07:41 PM
OK OKOK where is web site... what is web site addy.... * has credit card in hand... ( with a zero balance!!!)

:muah: :cheering: :happydance:

janie
09-27-2006, 05:00 PM
Enablers

:roflhard:

Julie
09-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Here's a link (with the KH referral code in it): WEBS (http://www.knittinghelp.com/dynamic/php/metro/acl.php?bannerid=19&zoneid=3&source=&dest=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.yarn.com) :D

cozy
09-27-2006, 09:55 PM
I don't even see what the problem is. :shrug: Baskets, carts full of yarn?? Nope, no problem there. :rofl:

rebecca
09-28-2006, 11:27 AM

Maybe they should plan a vacation to NE just to so they can do that.

LOL, ya'll are too funny :roflhard: :rofl: As I was reading the thread I was envisioning us walking through WEBS with the buggy!! LOL, if we went to NE for our Christmas vacation I do believe that WEBS would be our one and only yarn store stop instead of hitting everyone between here and Orlando like we normally do :rofl: :roflhard: LOL, I have already begun my "yarn list" for our Christmas vacation, too :cheering: :cheering: