PDA

View Full Version : Holiday Interweave Knits

rebecca
09-27-2006, 01:03 PM
I got an email today from IK advertising the upcoming Holiday Interweave Knits (http://www.interweave.com/knit/special_issues/gifts_preview.asp). Oh my, it's got some yummies for sure! I see 2 of my fave projects from "Scarf Style" but, the one that I'm sure my youngest daughter is going to want is the floral felted bag!
Issue should be on newstands Oct 11 :cheering:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
09-27-2006, 01:03 PM
:yay:

brendajos
09-27-2006, 01:11 PM
Interweave doesn't usually have a lot in it that i would knit, even if i like them. This one looks full up of stuff i would do. The picture of the twighlight lace wrap though is bad. I thought that was some big weird white hat she was wearing at first until my eye refocused on the picture and then name. :teehee:

JLC
09-27-2006, 01:29 PM
I love Interweave!!!! It's about the only magazine that I find stuff I would actually make. :happydance:

dustinac
09-27-2006, 01:30 PM
:cheering: ohh can't wait to get it... although the sweater on the front page of the last interweave is still on my to do list so really I don't need it... :teehee:

Stonington
09-27-2006, 01:32 PM
Rebecca,
Does interweave use charts or written out instructions for their patterns? There were so many things on the website that I would love to try! :cheering: I have not used charts before and to be honest they intimidate me :oops: lol
Thank you!

anne
sebago, ME
I got an email today from IK advertising the upcoming Holiday Interweave Knits (http://www.interweave.com/knit/special_issues/gifts_preview.asp). Oh my, it's got some yummies for sure! I see 2 of my fave projects from "Scarf Style" but, the one that I'm sure my youngest daughter is going to want is the floral felted bag!
Issue should be on newstands Oct 11 :cheering:

SandraEllen
09-27-2006, 02:35 PM
I thought that was some big weird white hat she was wearing at first until my eye refocused on the picture and then name. :teehee:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

rebecca
09-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Anne, they use both written instructions and charts. For example, if there is a lace or color pattern it will be charted and in the written instructions it may say something like: work center 27 sts according to row 1 of lace chart.
Then they also have patterns that don't have the chart and the pattern is completely written out. I guess it depends on the designer.
I was completely intimidated by charts, too. Until I had to knit the Backyard Leaves scarf last year. I took the book to Kinkos, enlarged the pattern and highlighted all of the knit rows and popped the chart on my magnetic board and kept the magnetic strip above each row as I was knitting...now I love charts!

Stonington
09-27-2006, 03:43 PM
Rebecca,
Thanks for the reply. :hug: It is just a block with me I think. I need to try it when I have some "alone" time so I can concentrate. lol

anne
sebago ME

Pink Dandelion
09-27-2006, 04:32 PM
This interweave looks great!

Anne - Charts really are easier than they look! Like you, I avoided them for the longest time, but then I finally folded when I saw the pomatomus socks (http://www.knitty.com/issuewinter05/PATTpomatomus.html) and decided I'd give it a try, and it was actually super easy! and I'm really liking charts now (once you've used them a few times, and it doesn't just look like a jumble of symbols anymore, it's easier to tell where you've been and what's about to happen) it really helped me understand knitting, instead of just doing what the instructions say. Grab some small project and try the first few rows of a chart! You'll see how easy they are!

feministmama
09-28-2006, 12:39 AM
Do we have to buy it separately or will it come with our subscription? :??

Stonington
09-28-2006, 08:27 AM
Pink, Thank you for the encouragement! :hug: I think I might give it a try tonight--DH is out of town for a couple nights so will have some alone time ha! Love him but hard to concentrate when he is home. :flirt:

ps.. I love your avatar.

anne
sebago, me
This interweave looks great!

Anne - Charts really are easier than they look! Like you, I avoided them for the longest time, but then I finally folded when I saw the pomatomus socks (http://www.knitty.com/issuewinter05/PATTpomatomus.html) and decided I'd give it a try, and it was actually super easy! and I'm really liking charts now (once you've used them a few times, and it doesn't just look like a jumble of symbols anymore, it's easier to tell where you've been and what's about to happen) it really helped me understand knitting, instead of just doing what the instructions say. Grab some small project and try the first few rows of a chart! You'll see how easy they are!

rebecca
09-28-2006, 10:07 AM
I don't know, femi, I guess we'll be getting the mag soon if it's included in the subscription because the mags always arrive in the mail before they are on the newstands.

Anne, I meant to show you the picture of the chart that I used with Backyard Leaves (my 1st chart project) yesterday but Lonnie walked in when I was posting and i got distracted :wink: so, here it is.
click on the photo for a larger view.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/th_DSCN0056.jpg (http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y119/rebeccame/DSCN0056.jpg)

kemp
09-28-2006, 11:47 AM
ohhhhhhhhh...I really :heart: :heart: :heart: that floral felted bag too!

Stonington
09-28-2006, 11:53 AM
How many of you subscribe to this magazine? I would :heart: love to pick one knitting magazine to get..... so is this the one? :??

anne
sebago, ME

brendajos
09-28-2006, 11:59 AM
I actually don't because there is a lot that, while lovely, would be something that I wouldn't knit. I have found that i only buy about 1 issue per year so the sub price just doesn't work for me at that rate. (yeah this one is going to be my issue! ;) )

I have been trying to find the perfect mag too but the stuff in them is always so hit and miss with me so i get my subscriptions by hangin' out at B&N it would seem...lol

Pink Dandelion
09-28-2006, 12:11 PM
my case is similar to bredajos - I find that there's only one issue a year or so of interweaves that I find something that I would like to knit, and I think this is that issue!

On the other hand, I'd really like a subscription to vogue knitting, but which magazines you like seems to be a real personal opinion that usually does with what patterns they publish. :)

JLC
09-28-2006, 12:31 PM
Interweave is the only magazine I subscribe to. I usually buy Vogue and the family circle one off the newsstand, but I've consistently found that Interweave has more that I want to knit. It's definitely a matter of persoal preference though.

dustinac
09-28-2006, 01:35 PM
I only have one and that was a gift to knitsimple.. I like to look over them at the store before I buy them cause some don't have anything I would like to knit in them... this way I can buy which one I do like the best at the time and not have to have a subscription to them all :teehee:

WynnieG
09-28-2006, 08:41 PM
Personally, I'm trying to understand why anyone would need a knitted pear.

My head hurts looking at them. But that may just be the new contacts and the fact that I ate four chocolate covered espresso beans in the last hour. :oops: