PDA

View Full Version : What about plastic/ plastic type needles???? :) ----

shore--alpaca
09-27-2006, 09:31 PM
What are your favorite/ plastic/ plastic type needles? What/ which are the best? I hate the ones that are sort of "bendy". I'd like ones that are really hard/ firm plastic with a really smooth/ fast/ slippery finish. Reccomendations? Thanks! :)

jamiejeans
09-27-2006, 10:31 PM
I like Lion Brand plastic needles, but only for sizes US 10 or larger. Anything smaller and they bend.

brendajos
09-27-2006, 10:41 PM
no no no no no no no noooooooooo plastic!

(okay but my lion brand DPNs aren't so terrible but i rarely have to use them either...)

Lieke
09-28-2006, 02:53 AM
I hate plastic needles.

Celine
09-28-2006, 03:17 AM
I don't like plastic ones either. When I started knitting I only bought the aluminum ones. Then I purchased some bamboo and some wooden ones which I still love. But for most of my knitting I am using my Denise Interchangeables. :muah: I'd say get wooden or bamboo and you'll enjoy those. :hug:

cozy
09-28-2006, 08:56 AM
I don't care for plastic either, but I'm currently knitting a lace scarf with Bryspuns because they have a nice pointy end. KnitPicks Options doesn't come in a size 3 (to my knowledge), which is what I'm using, so I decided not to buy those, although I've heard they're wonderfully pointy. Otherwise, this is the only plastic set I have & hopefully will ever have.

Friskums
09-28-2006, 08:58 AM
KnitPicks Options doesn't come in a size 3 (to my knowledge),

No, but they have regular circs in size 3. :thumbsup: :teehee:

brownishcoat
09-28-2006, 09:20 AM
And DPNs, too.

kemp
09-28-2006, 04:27 PM
Denise's are plastic like, but they're really resin. :heart: :heart: :heart: mine as do so many others around here.

shore--alpaca
09-28-2006, 05:25 PM
Thanks Kemp! ;) I'm thinking plastic would be a good fit for me as I want something faster than the wood/ bamboo I've been using but HATE the click etc. of aluminum / metal needles. Any other suggestions/ brands? :)

brendajos
09-28-2006, 05:30 PM
have you really tried plastic? I bought some plastic needles after i first started knitting and seriously, if they were the only option i would never have picked up needles again. they were terrible, even if the price was right. Were you the one who didn't want to use circular needles? i can't remember right now.

Generally most people use the Denises as circs but there are buttons in there that can be used to make them flex shaft needles if you don't want to use them as circs. I would strongly suggest the Denise needles though...i have three sets and LOVE them. a lot of people do think they are plastic but they aren't and they are wonderful!

shore--alpaca
09-28-2006, 05:38 PM
Well.... I figured I could TRY some plastic types. I figure? some brands/ types are better than others?

I was thinking of trying these pony pearls:
http://www.needlesandpins.ca/needles/pony.html

and/or these Daisy needles:
http://www.yarnies.com/Daisy_Needles.htm

Has anyone tried either of these???? :shrug: How'd you like them? Were either very bendy/ etc. ? Thanks! :)

itsbecca1979
09-28-2006, 05:47 PM
It looks like the Daisy needles are resin as well. :thumbsup:

kemp
09-28-2006, 05:51 PM
Thanks Kemp! ;) I'm thinking plastic would be a good fit for me as I want something faster than the wood/ bamboo I've been using but HATE the click etc. of aluminum / metal needles. Any other suggestions/ brands? :)

I'm not sure what else to suggest besides Denise. I have two sets and really love them. Maybe if you could find someone in a knit group, friend or yarn store with Denise needles you could try them first.

shore--alpaca
09-28-2006, 05:56 PM
Are the resin better becca? :)

stitchwitch
09-28-2006, 06:27 PM
I've got a couple pair of Boyes I bought early on, I actually like them. I guess it doesn't take much to please me. :roflhard: