PDA

View Full Version : Got my KP Options set!!!

Stitch
09-28-2006, 09:10 PM
Finally!!!!

They are a DREAM to knit with!

They say on KP's that the cables have virtually no memory, and its SO true! they were all rolled up when i got em, but as soon as i unrolled them, they didnt have any turns at all (does that make sense? LOL)

already transfered projects onto them!

the tips are a lot pointer than what im used to, so i was accidentalyl splitting my yarn, but once i got used to the pointy tips, i wasnt splitting the yarn anymore.

they're great! if you're debating...get em! definately worth every pen (and more, actually...but dont tell the folks at KPs!)

jberry16
09-28-2006, 09:12 PM
glad to hear that, I've been wanting them since I got my denises and just have been postponing. I didn't know about them until after I bought my others...humm, now what do I do with my denises? Save them for my daughter to learn on in several years? hummm? :?? :shrug:

Stitch
09-28-2006, 09:13 PM
glad to hear that, I've been wanting them since I got my denises and just have been postponing. I didn't know about them until after I bought my others...humm, now what do I do with my denises? Save them for my daughter to learn on in several years? hummm? :?? :shrug:

ah! sell em on ebay and use the money for the options! :happydance:

i looked at a denise set in my lys, and the cables were VERY stiff

Amber
09-28-2006, 11:05 PM
:cheering: I love my Options too! The cables are amazing, aren't they?

janelanespaintbrush
09-29-2006, 08:46 AM
Yeah, I've gotten a few of the new KP circs (classics and options) and I really do like them. I'm using my Denises now after just using KP needles for a couple weeks and they are so stiff in comparison.

The only downside (IMHO) is the lack of connectors for attaching the cables to one another. I really like that you can connect two cables to transfer from a shorter to longer or a longer to shorter cable with the Denises. As it is, I've been getting a few options components here and there so even if I don't buy the whole set at once (I don't want the case anyway), I'll probably end up with most, if not all of the sizes I use.

I've actually thought about going to Home Depot with some cables and asking them if there have anything that would connect them together. :teehee: Though, honestly, the more I use magic loop, the less I think I will have the need to change cable sizes anyway...

jmp3775
09-29-2006, 08:52 AM
To transfer you could just knit onto the new cable, no? If you took the tip off of one end and put a stopper, put the tip on the new cable with a stopper at opposite end, you could just transfer the stitches to the new cable by knitting, then transfer the other tip. I had a Boye set before, and I found the cable connector very annoying because it would catch stitches or cause a funny bend in te cable sometimes. Also, couldnt do Magic Loop with the Boyes because of the connector. There are so many sizes of cables available for the Options set that there really isnt a need for a connector, IMHO.

janelanespaintbrush
09-29-2006, 09:10 AM
To transfer you could just knit onto the new cable, no?

:doh:

Oh duh!!! Well now I have no excuse. But *sigh* I'm not sure I can let go of my Denises just yet. They were my first love, you know? I suppose if I go for a long time without using them I might consider putting them up on ebay... but hopefully there'll be day when I encounter a slippery yarn that requires grabbier needles and I'll take them out again... aw heck, why do I feel so wistful? How funny that we get so attached to our knitting gear, huh?

Doublereeder2
09-29-2006, 12:04 PM
Mine also arrived although I have not yet knit with them. One thing about these needles - there is no marking on the needles (like Addis or others) to designate the size.

So what are you all doing to keep track of what is what? Measure each needle every time you start a new project? :thinking:

brownishcoat
09-29-2006, 12:20 PM
Some folks are getting extra pockets and marking the pockets with the needle size.

mulene
09-29-2006, 12:40 PM
:cheering: :cheering: aren't they just dreamy! I got extra pockets and uses a Dymo machine we have at work to create stickers for them.

The Dymo we have produces a smooth tape (not like the old embossing dymo) so that worked well.

zazzu
09-29-2006, 01:35 PM
They say on KP's that the cables have virtually no memory, and its SO true! they were all rolled up when i got em, but as soon as i unrolled them, they didnt have any turns at all (does that make sense? LOL)

Oh, that would be wonderful. Those stupid turns are making me hate the project I'm doing now. That factor alone would be worth the $60.00 in the mood I'm in :roll:

I tend to "push" the yarn off the left needle after the stitch is made and am concerned about the pointiness. Developing a knitter's callous would be okay, but breaking skin wouldn't! :D

brownishcoat
09-29-2006, 01:38 PM
A leather or plastic thimble would probably help with that. I need to start looking into them myself.

yarnfreak
09-29-2006, 01:44 PM
Aren't they wonderful. I love mine, and cannot imagine knitting with anything else.

JLC
09-29-2006, 01:45 PM
Mine also arrived although I have not yet knit with them. One thing about these needles - there is no marking on the needles (like Addis or others) to designate the size.

So what are you all doing to keep track of what is what? Measure each needle every time you start a new project? :thinking:

I bought the id tags and put a tag in each pocket with the tips so I can tell which is which. I think I had to buy extra 3 pocket pouces to have enough, but I don't really remember.

SabrinaJL
09-29-2006, 02:03 PM
I tend to "push" the yarn off the left needle after the stitch is made and am concerned about the pointiness. Developing a knitter's callous would be okay, but breaking skin wouldn't! :D

I push on the needle tip. I do have slight callous on my left index finger, but not much of one and the needles haven't bothered me at all. Since the yarn slides so easily, you don't have to push hard.

And I also bought the id tags and put them in the pockets. I marked with a Sharpie on the pockets too, just in case I lose the tags.

jberry16
09-29-2006, 06:58 PM
im going to order them right now, dh is on his way to work... My mom found some Patrons sws that she wants a vest out of and I think I will need some more slippery needles than my denises-sounds like a good excuse to me! :teehee:

Stitch
09-29-2006, 08:25 PM

Oh, that would be wonderful. Those stupid turns are making me hate the project I'm doing now. That factor alone would be worth the $60.00 in the mood I'm in :roll:

i do too....put it hasnt bothered me at all...maybe i dont push very hard...i dunno! :shrug: