PDA

View Full Version : Ball Winders

snowbear
09-29-2006, 07:58 AM
I received a swift for birthday present... Now, I need a ball winder... What one would you suggest? Thanks ahead of time...

Ingrid
09-29-2006, 07:59 AM
Many of us have the Royal winder. It works great. There are only a couple out there that I know of.

SandraEllen
09-29-2006, 08:42 AM
The one i have (http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?CATID=53007&PRODID=137115&source=search) is from Joann.com and it looks like the Royal in every aspect except for the accent color. Mine is white and red instead of white and blue. The brand is Lacis. I've heard rumors that they are made by the same people. In fact, i just did a quick search and they list the royal ball winder on the Lacis website.

Mine was on sale when i got it and then i used a free shipping coupon. Love it.

kemp
09-29-2006, 09:43 AM
I'm not sure if this is exactly the thread (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=188489&highlight=ball+winder#188489) I was thinking of, but I know this topic has come up a few times. Always seems like the consensus is a Royal winder.

candicane
09-29-2006, 10:06 AM
I don't see the brands on either of the two on the joanns website. Looking at the old thread posters are referring to them as the one on the left. Has joann's changed the site since then?

Which do people prefer the more expensive one or the cheaper one?

candice

kemp
09-29-2006, 10:08 AM
The more expensive one looks like a Royal. I have seen the other one in person and it doesn't seem very sturdy.

brendajos
09-29-2006, 10:16 AM
the one that is in black and white i think actually is the Royal winder...can't be positive though since i ended up just buying mine at my LYS instead of Joanns since the cost was only $2 more in the end and no waiting ;)

If you do go to Joanns play with the coupon codes for your best price. I believe they have it on sale right now for $39. When i played with it there earlier the 50% coupon on their site (SEPH650) took it down to about $34 with tax and shipping to me.

SEPFSA525---is the shipping code but for me the cost would be $43-ish. Just remember that the 50% codes are off the regular price not the sale price.

:thumbsup: