PDA

View Full Version : Tracy Ulman Fanatic Knitter On NPR Right Now!!!

nadja la claire
09-29-2006, 08:55 AM
That's it!!

Nadja xxx

nadja la claire
09-29-2006, 09:19 AM
Interview over. I'm sorry but I just love her even though I think I spelled her last name wrong. :teehee: She's so funny and talented. When I heard the lead-in to the interveiw I thought OMG one of my favorite comedians is also a knitting fanatic and she's written a book I just kind of freaked. The interview was about the book which she has written with a knit designer called 'Knit Two Together' and her knitting background. She talked about knitting with her daughter over tea and a movie. It sounded so nice I'm going to at least take a look at the book.

Nadja xxx

Amber
09-29-2006, 12:46 PM
Cool! I'm sorry I missed the interview. I'll have to look for her book -- sounds interesting!

mulene
09-29-2006, 12:48 PM
hehe Tracy Ullman she wasn't that huge in the UK and she left, went to the states, married some guy and BAM she is HUGE! =D never knew she knit - I always quite liked her.

snowbear
09-29-2006, 12:55 PM
Received her book as a birthday present... Has some really nice patterns and a sweater for two!!! :teehee:

She writes well, explains why &how she knits, and is amusing in it... She tells of her search for 1 more ball to finish her sweater... (haven't we all done that?) that includes most of the United States. lol I truly enjoyed her book

gardenmommy
09-29-2006, 01:06 PM
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6159769

Here's the link to the story, you can also listen to it at the link on the top of that page too. I'll have to go back and do that, I was losing reception as I was listening to it!

There's even a link to the apron pattern too!

CarmenIbanez
09-29-2006, 01:26 PM
I heard it, it was great. And the place she knits at Wildfiber in Santa Monica is awesome. It is where I finally found the Clog pattern and bought my first pair of Addi Turbos!

Phretys
09-29-2006, 07:04 PM
She was on the Today show this morning, too. She made slippers for Meredith Viera and a knit tie for Matt Lauer. About an hour or so later I then saw her on a commercial for an upcoming Martha Stewart show. So she's getting around. :D

Debi