View Full Version : Tracy Ulman Fanatic Knitter On NPR Right Now!!!

nadja la claire
09-29-2006, 08:55 AM
That's it!!

Nadja xxx

nadja la claire
09-29-2006, 09:19 AM
Interview over. I'm sorry but I just love her even though I think I spelled her last name wrong. :teehee: She's so funny and talented. When I heard the lead-in to the interveiw I thought OMG one of my favorite comedians is also a knitting fanatic and she's written a book I just kind of freaked. The interview was about the book which she has written with a knit designer called 'Knit Two Together' and her knitting background. She talked about knitting with her daughter over tea and a movie. It sounded so nice I'm going to at least take a look at the book.

Nadja xxx

09-29-2006, 12:46 PM
Cool! I'm sorry I missed the interview. I'll have to look for her book -- sounds interesting!

09-29-2006, 12:48 PM
hehe Tracy Ullman she wasn't that huge in the UK and she left, went to the states, married some guy and BAM she is HUGE! =D never knew she knit - I always quite liked her.

09-29-2006, 12:55 PM
Received her book as a birthday present... Has some really nice patterns and a sweater for two!!! :teehee:

She writes well, explains why &how she knits, and is amusing in it... She tells of her search for 1 more ball to finish her sweater... (haven't we all done that?) that includes most of the United States. lol I truly enjoyed her book

09-29-2006, 01:06 PM

Here's the link to the story, you can also listen to it at the link on the top of that page too. I'll have to go back and do that, I was losing reception as I was listening to it!

There's even a link to the apron pattern too!

09-29-2006, 01:26 PM
I heard it, it was great. And the place she knits at Wildfiber in Santa Monica is awesome. It is where I finally found the Clog pattern and bought my first pair of Addi Turbos!

09-29-2006, 07:04 PM
She was on the Today show this morning, too. She made slippers for Meredith Viera and a knit tie for Matt Lauer. About an hour or so later I then saw her on a commercial for an upcoming Martha Stewart show. So she's getting around. :D