PDA

View Full Version : KP Decadence

candicane
09-29-2006, 09:24 AM
Anyone used it? It is Superfine Alpaca. Not as soft as Baby Alpaca? I really like the Plymouth Grande Baby Alpaca, so I am looking for something similar, but cheaper.

Candice

kemp
09-29-2006, 10:45 AM
Superfine and baby are the finest grades of Alpaca (baby the softest and royal baby even more). They are both going to be very soft although I can't attest to the KP version as compared to other brands.

Julie
09-29-2006, 12:07 PM
I :heart: Decadence -- it's very, very soft.

If you'd like me to throw a few yards in the mail to you so you can feel it, just pm me your address :D

mintdee
09-29-2006, 12:09 PM
Decadance is soooo soft and lovely. You really can not go wrong with it. I made a scarf with it and enjoyed every second of knitting with it. :heart:

candicane
09-29-2006, 12:15 PM

If you'd like me to throw a few yards in the mail to you so you can feel it, just pm me your address :D

Thanks for the offer Julie, but since you guys are giving it rave reviews I think I'll order some. (to go with my new KP needles!)

candice

Jadzia81
09-29-2006, 05:58 PM
Decadence is amazing stuff. In a few days Im going to start making a scarf out of it. It is just as soft as many of the alpacas you can find in the LYS, at a very reasonable price.

If you are looking for an alpaca yarn that doesnt halo as much, you might want to try KP Elegance, a 70/30 alpaca/silk blend. Its wonderful, the only downside being that if you knit or cable very tightly, it tends to felt just enough so that frogging is impossible. Just had the band of the knitty cable brim hat die that way. I had no time to order more, so I had to buy the Debbie Bliss alpaca silk from the LYS. It halos more and its not as nice (and way more money, grrr, if only friend's birthday wasnt tomorrow...)

want2knit
09-29-2006, 07:31 PM
If you are looking for an alpaca yarn that doesnt halo as much,

What does halo mean in knitting terminology?

Jadzia81
09-29-2006, 07:44 PM
If you are looking for an alpaca yarn that doesnt halo as much,

What does halo mean in knitting terminology?

Its how the yarn gets kinda fuzzy. It softens the appearance of everything. I like how cables look when theyre softened a bit, but a lot of people dont. It just depends on what youre going for.

rebecca
09-29-2006, 08:13 PM

If you'd like me to throw a several hanks :wink: in the mail to you so you can feel it, just pm me your address :D

Oh, thanks so much, Julie...I'll take you up on that :roflhard: :rofl: :roflhard: