PDA

View Full Version : Knitting Magazines

knitonepurltwo
09-29-2006, 06:47 PM
What Knitting magazines do you recommend for a new knitter who is interested in making current style things?

I am drawn to stuff that is cutting edge yet easy to knit, especially purses and cool hats or other various knit-wear items.

I am having a hard time finding any in the stores. I have seen Knit It which is not on subscription but is pretty cool. I am wondering what else is out there that is worth the price and something to look forward to each month.

Thanks for your help!

rebecca
09-29-2006, 06:54 PM
I love Interweave Knits and Vogue Knitting, but for a beginner I would say Creative Knitting, Knit Simple and Family Circle Easy Knitting magazines would be good.

Sissy
09-29-2006, 07:50 PM
Rebecca,
Family Circle Easy Knitting is now KNIT SIMPLE. :teehee:

Sissy
09-29-2006, 07:52 PM
Deb,
I like Knit Simple and Creative Knitting.Vogue knitting is real good, but not alot of real easy patterns............... :happydance: Sissy

rebecca
09-29-2006, 08:03 PM
Rebecca,
Family Circle Easy Knitting is now KNIT SIMPLE. :teehee:

My bad...I had no idea :shrug: Learn something new everyday :wink:

thischicknits
09-29-2006, 11:19 PM
I know many who like Knit1 or Vogue for really stylish patterns. I personally like Interweave, but it's not always for the beginners or as trendy as the others.

Jan in CA
09-30-2006, 12:07 AM
I get Creative Knitting and I like it. I think it would be a good idea to go to a bookstore like BN and take a look at all of them. See which ones offer patterns that you might like to knit as well.

knitonepurltwo
09-30-2006, 02:26 PM
Thanks everyone!

That's a good idea Jan. I think I will go to BN and browse like I used to for scrapbooking magazines. LOL

I met two knitters today at my kids soccer game. It is such a closet hobby. I hope it becomes even more accepted as a younger persons hobby as the years go on.