PDA

View Full Version : oh that baby cashmere from elann.com

geekgolightly
10-01-2006, 11:24 PM
i couldnt help it. i got enough for two long scarves. its for christmas gifts, so its not selfish right??

:rofl: my yarn addiction is in full swing right now.

ill let you guys know how it knits up

Celine
10-02-2006, 04:51 AM
Even if its selfish...so what!! I hope to get to knit up one for yourself too. :teehee:

kemp
10-02-2006, 09:00 AM
Good for you! That will make extra special gifts. If you really love it though, you should have a present to yourself too :)

candicane
10-02-2006, 09:24 AM
I just ordered some too (in dusky lavender) for a hat and scarf for my 2 year old DD. I love to spoil her.

Candice

Old Knitter
10-02-2006, 10:35 AM
Diamonds, cashmere? Diamonds, cashmere? I can't decide......I like both best!

Amber
10-02-2006, 02:05 PM
Mmmmmmmm. Sounds yummy! Can't wait to hear what you think of it once you've had a chance to use it.

rebecca
10-02-2006, 02:47 PM
I've started to get this yarn on a couple of occasions, then didn't...I may have to get some next payday....yummy socks :cheering:

geekgolightly
10-04-2006, 10:09 PM
ok its really soft! so nice and its not splitting and when ive had to frog and redo a few times its not getting super fuzzy or anything either, which is what i expect when i buy luxury yarns for cheap. this yarn is a WINNER!

im doubling up the yarn, and making the irish hiking scarf with an extra cable thrown in to make it larger and its going to be a very nice drapey scarf perfect for women. YAY! :cheering:

candicane
10-06-2006, 11:21 AM
I used it doubled on a #8 needle for the bottom edge of a hat and it came out great, nice and soft. The color also matched perfectly with varigated alpaca that I did the rest of the hat with. Will post of picture after I make the pom pom and get DD to model it.

Candice

geekgolightly
10-10-2006, 11:23 PM
i just have to bump this. i cant believe how soft this stuff is. im so in love with knitting it.

Quiara
10-11-2006, 12:31 AM
Diamonds, cashmere? Diamonds, cashmere? I can't decide......I like both best!

Take the diamons, sell them and use the money for cashmere!

VictoiseC
10-13-2006, 12:03 PM
Oh wow I just posted a new subject about this baby cashmere and here is the whole thread going on and on and it sounds great! I guess I gotta order some. I was suspicious about the price being so low and it being disappointing. SOFT HUH!?