PDA

View Full Version : Practice makes perfect (unless you're me).

SabrinaJL
10-02-2006, 11:29 PM
So when I decided to make a pair of Fetching it was my first foray into DPN's AND cabling. The first glove came out absolutely perfect. I was so jazzed.

On the next glove, I forgot to cable one of the needles (so I had some cables that didn't twist right) and there was also a hole where the thumb starts.

I made a third one tonight. While I got all the cabling right, now there are 3 holes where the thumb starts. :( I figure the 4th one will be riddled with holes. I wish I had taken pictures and notes on the first one I made. :verysad:

cookworm
10-02-2006, 11:48 PM
I'm sorry this happened, Sabrina. :verysad: It's really frustrating to have this happen more than once with a project. For whatever reason, this happens to me over and over whenever I've tried to do the "Feather and Fan" stitch; somehow, I wind up short one stitch or over one stitch, and it frustrates me. Don't give up--you already made one and it turned out great...maybe you just need to work on the second one very slowly to make sure you don't skip a step or miss a stitch? I've been eyeing this pattern for a while, but I've yet to try gloves or mittens, so making that thumb gusset is a little daunting for me, but look, you did it!!! :cheering: :notworthy:

Mama Bear
10-03-2006, 12:00 AM
I had this happen so often on the child's sweater I just finished, that I took to calling it the never ending sweater! I think I frogged one small section 6 TIMES! It wasn't even a terribly difficult section, I just kept forgetting this or that or doing something I should have known not to.

I hope this next try is the charm!

Mama Bear

rebecca
10-03-2006, 07:59 AM
Me too, I hope the next try goes smoothly. This kind of things happens to all of us sometimes, please don't let it discourage you :hug:

LoAnnie
10-03-2006, 09:12 AM
I did Fetching for my first FO (I did knit one of my thumbs wrong-side-out). It is important to take your time. I have noticed that I cannot knit worth a flip when tired or frustrated. As for the holes by the thumb, sew them up. No one will notice.
LoAnnie

SabrinaJL
10-03-2006, 04:42 PM
I think I must be picking up stitches in the wrong spot or something. I'll keep plugging away at it though. :)