PDA

View Full Version : OT ~ I'm still here!

susanc
10-07-2006, 03:26 PM
Hi everyone!

I just wanted to check in and say hello to everybody. It will be two weeks since my foot surgery this Monday. I'm still in a cast up to my knee and on crutches and it still HURTS!!! :grrr: I so want to be over this pain. I have a bunionectomy and also had my big toe realigned and had two screws put in. The surgeon found quite a bit of arthritis too and said he really manipulated my joint ~ I'm sure glad I was out of it for all of it! I go back to the doc on Wed. to have my cast removed! YAY! :happydance: It really is cumbersome. I'm hoping my toe will get back to normal ~ it sure hurts like heck when I try to bend it a little bit ~ sharp pains ~ not good. :verysad: I know it's going to take a while. He said he did quite a bit of work on it; not like a normal bunionectomy. It figures!

Well, I've been working on my two fan and feather scarves and have finished one! I'm about half-way done with the other one. I also have started a collared wrap that is in the Purl Experience book by... her name escapes me at the moment. I know I'll remember it as soon as I finish this! That always happens!

I'm keeping busy ~ Thank God for Knitting! :cheering: It's about the only thing that has kept me sane these two past weeks. I miss joining in on the forums. I'm hoping I'll get to spend more time on my computer by the middle of next week. It's just that my foot really starts aching when I have it down for too long. :happydance:

Well, I just wanted to say hi. I'm hoping I can have my neighbor take a pic of my scarves this next week and then I'll post them. They really turned out pretty, I think. I'll probably have the second one finished in another week or so.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a great weekend. It seems like Fall has finally come to So. Cal. somewhat. We've had beautiful weather the past couple of days! :cheering: This is my FAVORITE time of year! :heart:

Take care and I'll check in again either later today or tomorrow. I miss "chatting" with all of you!

Sue :muah:

Ingrid
10-07-2006, 04:22 PM
Hi! I'm glad you got through your surgery ok, even though you still have a long road ahead of you. :hug:

'Thank goodness for knitting' is right! Can you imagine watching daytime TV all day, every day? :shock:

want2knit
10-07-2006, 04:54 PM
Hello--I feel your pain! I too had a bunionectomy many years ago. Just keep moving that toe so you don't get a lot of scar tissue built up. You will soon be glad you did this. My foot ached for quite awhile after my surgery but not like it did before I had surgery--it will get better.

Glad you have some time to work on your knitting. Get well!

fluffypechey
10-08-2006, 06:37 AM
:waving: My mum had hers done a few years ago. I remember how painful it was for her. She had them both done at the same time.

Well done with all your knitting you have done :cheering:

Hope the pain lets up soon and you get back on your feet. It will be worth it in the end, mum can now wear shoes that she likes without pain of the bunions.

:hug: Sharon

susanc
10-08-2006, 11:17 AM
Hi everyone!

Thanks for all the good well wishes. I was moving my toe a little bit yesterday and I guess I moved it a little too much and OUCH! Boy, I had sharp pain like I've never had before. :shock: That scared me. I won't do that again! I just keep moving it around but I won't go quite that far.

I know it will take a while, especially since the doc put in two screws and the fact that he said I had quite a bit of arthritis too. That worries me a little, I must say. It will be nice not to have the pain of the bunion though. The doc said it would take about 12 weeks to fully recover because of having to break the bone and put in the two screws. It's gonna take time.

Gosh, I can't imagine having both my feet done at once. I don't know how she did it. :??

Thanks again for the well wishes! :muah: :heart: :muah: