PDA

View Full Version : I am a complete nutcase!

Mulderknitter
10-07-2006, 05:01 PM
Has anyone else had this happen? I just bought 2 boxes of yarn from a lady that was helping get rid of her mom's stuff. But since I was already in that neighborhood, I stopped at my lys and bought more... 3 more skeins!!!!!! why??? I have a huge stash. so much that I don't even know what I have! But I keep looking at all the yarns at the store thinking of all the wonderful things to make!!!! xxx

Ingrid
10-07-2006, 05:11 PM
:waving: Me! Me!

Nikki
10-07-2006, 05:54 PM
You're not a nutcase, you're a knitter. :teehee:

snowbear
10-07-2006, 06:54 PM
If you're a nut case, I'm a hoolw tree filled w/ nuts... That is normal... Having it on hand so when you do need it.. you'll have it!

Braden
10-07-2006, 06:58 PM
If you're a nutcase, I have no idea what I am. I have bags and bags of yarns.

feministmama
10-07-2006, 07:14 PM
Hey I'm a member of the nut cases too :cheering:

hellokitty165
10-07-2006, 08:37 PM
welcome to the family... we are all yarn nuttie... i buy all the times.....knitting accessories...guess how many row counters i have....how about at least ten ??????????? .. :roflhard: i used them on all the projects currently on hold.and many others like needle stoppers... aiyah..and i have a den size like a room all full of yarns.. i can open a mini store at home ..ha ha ha....my hubby never said anything....as long as i am happy ...he is happy too

rebecca
10-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Sounds perfectly normal to me :teehee:

cgd
10-07-2006, 08:52 PM
You'll get no yarnaholic recover-and-repent lecture from us!!

brendajos
10-07-2006, 09:06 PM
I am going to a yarn store tomorrow that doesn't have a very good selection and is 90 miles away because they have 30% off everything in the store. (hands on needleshoppe in Sioux City IA if you are interested...lol) i have no need for more yarn and certainly not for novelty yarn which they have a LARGE supply of....but it is on sale! :teehee:

aineepooh1
10-07-2006, 11:48 PM
I am sorry ... WHAT EXACTLY WAS YOUR PROBLEM??? Oh yeah you have too much yarn~~ I'm sorry what was the question ?????again? :roflhard: :roflhard:
Seriously, you cannot refused FREE yarn.. JUST CANT' HAPPEN!! Buying new yarn~~only 3 skiens.. It ain't that bad!!!
also food for thought for knitters: MOST KNITTERS KNIT THINGS FOR THE SHEER JOY OF KNITTING... AND THEN THEY GIVE THEIR PROJECTS AWAY AND EXPECT NOTHING IN RETURN...!!HOW MANY SHOPOHOLICS DO YOU KNOW THAT LIKE TO~~GIVE~~THINGS TO OTHER PEOPLE... ???
the ones I know shop for themselves, buy for themselves, and keep it to themselves .. they don't give away squat...!!!
Yarn lovers !!! :have a whole lotta heart: :heart: :heart:
:hug:

fluffypechey
10-08-2006, 06:33 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I am a Nut Case too!!! :cheering:

Maybe we should start a group like AA we could stand up and say,
"my name is ..... and I am a nutcase I just cant stop buying yarn even when I already have so much"

I have started to run out of room for mine :teehee: Its in all cupboards, under the bed, in my wardrobe :teehee: and still I keep on buying.

Maybe I should start My name is Sharon I AM a nutcase I just can not stop buying more wool even though I already have so much.

Next anyone???? :teehee:

:muah: Sharon
Ebay is my downfall :teehee:

Ingrid
10-08-2006, 08:57 AM
YA meetings wouldn't work. We'd all bring something to knit during the meeting, and everyone would be inspired to knit the same thing and, of course, buy yarn for it.

That would be like bringing your favorite wine to an AA meeting.

:rofl:

fluffypechey
10-08-2006, 09:47 AM
YA meetings wouldn't work. We'd all bring something to knit during the meeting, and everyone would be inspired to knit the same thing and, of course, buy yarn for it.

That would be like bringing your favorite wine to an AA meeting.

:rofl:

You are right :roflhard:

:hug: Sharon

Mo0nAngel
10-08-2006, 11:04 AM
hahahaha don't worry you did nothing wrong...I just filled a bag with all the yarn I have, a bag which remains open because there's too many and I still don't know what to do with all of it :P :hug: :hug:

Liliyarn
10-08-2006, 11:54 AM
As if I didn't have enough store bought yarn..and I just got some more from knit picks....I spin my own yarn too! There's never enough yarn...only not enough storage space.

fluffypechey
10-08-2006, 12:01 PM
That is exactly my problem :shrug: where to put it all.

Keep dropping hints to my son he has a lovely size bedroom here..... that would be perfect when he moves out :teehee:

:muah: Sharon

Mulderknitter
10-08-2006, 12:03 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
Thanks guys! I feel a bit better now! I just don't know where I am supposed to put it all?? Its taking over the house! I really must finish my wip---- must finish one thing---- must---oooooh pretty yarn---- where was I? :??

nadja la claire
10-08-2006, 12:08 PM
I don't understand what the problem is :shrug: Doesn't everyone act like this? I mean who ever heard of too much yarn? :teehee:

Nadja xxx

fluffypechey
10-08-2006, 12:15 PM
I think if a couple of us got together we could open a shop :teehee:

Oh but then we would have to sell our yarn :?? maybe not then :teehee:

Mulderknitter
10-08-2006, 12:29 PM
My mom is a weaver and every time I talk to her about my new yarn she yells at me to stop buying yarn---she has 8 large tubs full.... but she's as bad as me in a yarn shop....and she would never give me her good stuff anyway :grrr:

hellokitty165
10-08-2006, 04:16 PM
I think if a couple of us got together we could open a shop :teehee:

Oh but then we would have to sell our yarn :?? maybe not then :teehee:

we should exchange knitting stuff too....

darkhalcyon
10-08-2006, 06:18 PM
My friends won't let me unchaperoned in any kind of store that sells yarn. I Usually come out with armfuls.