PDA

View Full Version : Pic, my cat Toby

Duckling326
10-08-2006, 04:07 PM
Here is a picture of one of my kitties Toby inside a tote I made for myself which I just finished felting.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v317/Duckling326/IM000337.jpg

gardenmommy
10-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Funny! He looks so cozy! Good thing you had those point protectors on there, he could have slipped stitches right off!

rebecca
10-08-2006, 04:29 PM
Too cute!

stitchwitch
10-08-2006, 04:55 PM
My cat has claimed every piece I've ever knitted as her own. I am now knitting a "kitty comforter" :roll: made from some super fluffy/soft stuff I bought at JoAnns. It's a work in progress but she tests it out every chance she gets. :teehee:

aineepooh1
10-08-2006, 04:59 PM
too cute!! It's funny to me thought I can't get my cats to get IN anything they just want to lay ON everything!!! :?? :rofl: :rofl:

Ingrid
10-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Looks like that cat is the perfect candidate for a Kitty Pi (http://wendyknits.net/knit/kittybed.htm) bed!

darkhalcyon
10-08-2006, 06:03 PM
My kitty just likes to slip underneath whatever I'm knitting so she can interfere with my hands. (she's jealous of anything that distracts me from petting her.)

Duckling326
10-08-2006, 06:15 PM
Thanks I think he's pretty cute. He has to try out all my knitting. I actually have the Kitty Pi in my favorites file. I was thinking about knitting him a bag, something that he can burrow into.

stitchwitch
10-08-2006, 06:29 PM
I was thinking about knitting him a bag, something that he can burrow into.

I'm in the process of designing something for my kitty like that too. I'm thinking of a bag type of thingie with some sort of cording to stiffen the entrance up a little so she can come and go without getting caught in it. She loves stuff like that. The things we do for our pets! :roflhard:

fluffypechey
10-08-2006, 08:56 PM
That is so so cute. What a gorgeous kitty :heart: (the bag is not too bad either) :teehee:

One of my cats Fluffy thinks she 'owns' my lap. Whenever I sit down no matter what I am doing she sits on me.
When knitting and she is on my lap, I have to knit at an angle because there she is. If I dont lift the needles up she gets up higher and sits on my chest (usually with her butt in my face).
Of course she is the excuse for all the mistakes :teehee:

My cats are sending Toby headbutts.
(yes I am the crazy cat lady)

:hug: Sharon

Duckling326
10-09-2006, 10:41 AM
Toby sends his head butts to your kitties as well :muah:

VictoiseC
10-10-2006, 05:56 PM
My cat has claimed every piece I've ever knitted as her own. I am now knitting a "kitty comforter" :roll: made from some super fluffy/soft stuff I bought at JoAnns. It's a work in progress but she tests it out every chance she gets. :teehee:

I've read about this before somewhere and it's such a good idea! As soon as I get through some of my current stuff :pout: I'm going to do that too.

That cat is so pretty and their colours go together! (the bag's pretty beautiful too! wow, very rich looking)

I made the Kitty Pi bed but I think I must've got some machine washable wool mixed in there coz it turned out flat as a pancake, would not take the shape of the bowl I put it on to dry:

Duckling326
10-10-2006, 11:19 PM
nice colors for your kitty pi! Yah as soon as I finish a couple other projects I will make something for my cats. We have three but Toby especially loves textures the most.

mulene
10-11-2006, 08:31 AM
My cat avoids my knitting - not sure why... however she LOVES to play with the yarn before its been made into anything =D

Your kitty looks so cute and snug as a bug in your knitting =D

Edit: OOOOOO and I LOVE LOVE LOVE your sleeved poncho on your blog!!!! I want one! That looks so yummy and warm!

VictoiseC
10-11-2006, 08:53 AM
SLEEVED poncho!!!??? I've got to go see this.....

(just finishing up a very stubborn poncho)

VictoiseC
10-11-2006, 09:05 AM
Hmmm, I wonder why I can't see the pictures on your blog?

Is it me? I've been surfing through blogspot and I can see other's pictures but not yours. I used to have a blog there but just canceled it out a week or so ago. Can everyone else see the pixof your stuff?

mulene
10-11-2006, 10:15 AM
Try here for the sleeved poncho ;)

I've just ordered it :roflhard: I'm such a sucker!

http://www.marymaxim.com/

and stick in SLEEVED PONCHO in the search box in the top right hand corner - its white / creamy colour with a panel in the front - its gorgeous! Its the one that says "hip downtown poncho" in the description

skNYC
10-11-2006, 09:40 PM
That is so adorable !

Can he fit in the bag after you felted it?

Duckling326
10-12-2006, 10:29 AM
lol I knit up the sleeved poncho in about 2 weeks! You're going to enjoy working on it. I have a tip though....when you're on your decrease and there is 10 stitches on either side of the cable pattern, start doing the decrease on the first and the stitch before the cable.... otherwise it's very long.

THe tote, sadly he can't fit into it after felting. He gave me this :doh: look :roflhard: .

skNYC
10-12-2006, 10:41 AM
THe tote, sadly he can't fit into it after felting. He gave me this :doh: look :roflhard: .

Cats are very smart. He probably thought you peed on the tote so that he couldn't claim it anymore. ;)

spooky
10-12-2006, 02:39 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!! Toby is tooooooooo cute!!!!! He needs to come visit my Felix !!!!! Give him a kiss for me !!!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

stitchwitch
10-12-2006, 02:50 PM
I just spent three days knitting my cat a cat comforter out of some obnoxious fluffy stuff I bought at JoAnn's. All the while I was knitting it the cat was all over it, kneading it, sleeping on it, etc. As soon as I did the bind off she wants nothing to do with it. Spoiled littel brat! :roflhard:

psammeadred
10-12-2006, 07:23 PM
What a distinguished-looking gentleman Thomas cat!

Duckling326
10-12-2006, 11:19 PM
I just spent three days knitting my cat a cat comforter out of some obnoxious fluffy stuff I bought at JoAnn's. All the while I was knitting it the cat was all over it, kneading it, sleeping on it, etc. As soon as I did the bind off she wants nothing to do with it. Spoiled littel brat! :roflhard:

:roflhard: Isn't that the way it goes! Got a pic of the comforter? I'd love to see it.

:teehee: did you mean Toby and not Thomas :teehee:

stitchwitch
10-13-2006, 08:37 AM
:roflhard: Isn't that the way it goes! Got a pic of the comforter? I'd love to see it.

:

It's nothing special (obvious by my cat's reaction to the finished project :roflhard: ). I made it out of "beautiful" so it's real shaggy but fuzzy and super soft and it's done in garter stitch. My husband says he's taking it for himself to keep his feet warm, that should get the cat interested in it since she thinks everything is hers. It may be that it's just too hot to use it right now, we've been hovering around 90 and she's got her winter coat on already so I'll see.

psammeadred
10-13-2006, 02:06 PM
:teehee: did you mean Toby and not Thomas

"Gentleman Thomas cat" is a nice way of referring to a boy kitty without calling him a tomcat! Remember the movie "The Three Lives of Thomasina" with the little girl from Mary Poppins?

Duckling326
10-13-2006, 10:08 PM
:doh: Ohh ok Sorry I didn't know that term

psammeadred
10-14-2006, 11:05 AM
That's okay; not many people have heard it. I don't remember if it's from that movie, a book, or if it's a product of my slightly deranged mind...