PDA

View Full Version : You know you're addicted when.....

knitonepurltwo
10-08-2006, 07:18 PM
You see a kid in a sweater and you recognize the stitches! LOL

We went on a hayride today and the kid sitting across from me had the cutest pumpkin sweater on. The sleeves, hem and neck were all rolling and I thought to myself "self, that there's stockinette stitch. See how it's rolling?" LOL

By the way does anybody have a pattern for something like that? It was orange with a jack o lantern face in the middle of the front (in black) and it had a high neck that rolled down that was done in green yarn. I'd love to make my kids one.

projectgal
10-08-2006, 07:24 PM
I do that too!

My son outgrew a store-bought sweater, and before I donated it, I scanned the instarsia tow truck on the front so that I can duplicate it for another baby! What baby? I don't know, but I thought the tow truck was cute!

Knitters just think differently about the world!

Braden
10-08-2006, 07:35 PM
I do, too and have been known to learn stitches from sweaters and afghans I see.

stitchwitch
10-08-2006, 07:36 PM
I followed a woman out of an ice cream store to see her felted purse!! I don't think she noticed I was following her. It would have been funny to explain my fascination with her purse! :roflhard: "No, I'm not interested in robbing you, I just want to see your purse to see if I can make one for myself!" :roflhard:

knitonepurltwo
10-08-2006, 10:03 PM
LOL at all of you! I feel like I belong now! LOL

Hey projectgal.....I lived in Marietta about 11 years ago. My oldest daughter was born at Kennestone. :) I am a "yankee" but loved living in Marietta!

Miss seeing the "big chicken".

jberry16
10-08-2006, 11:11 PM
I just explained the different stitches to my Mom about her store bought sweater today and I think she was amazed. Then I read this post tonight and just started laughing. Glad I'm not alone.

Nikki
10-09-2006, 08:39 AM
I've begun to do that, lol. What I'm really bad about is deadheading or weeding someone else's flowers. If my husband and I are waiting for a table at a restaurant or I'm talking to someone by their flower bed, I find myself reaching for a dead blossom or a weed. :shrug:

itsazoo
10-09-2006, 09:14 AM
My sister just had a fall party. Her MIL had on a gorgeous sweater that she had bought in Ireland over 25 years ago. I asked if she would mind taking it off so I could look at it. (It was a cardigan). It was beautiful and for a newbie such as me mind boggling. I loved that she had had it for so long. I don't think I could ask a complete stranger to see a sweater.

HeatherFeather
10-09-2006, 09:45 AM
I don't think I could ask a complete stranger to see a sweater.

you will.....you will....lol....

samm
10-09-2006, 07:00 PM
I'm not shy about asking about sweaters and whether the person inside the sweater made it. Yesterday we were at a huge craft show near us and we were walking along when I noticed felted purses for sale! Two of them. Of course I'm delightedly squealing "Booga Bags!!" Luckily nobody called for the guys in the white coats......... :oops: samm

Limey
10-11-2006, 04:20 PM
There's a motif for a pumpkin face that would look great on a sweater.

www.knittingonthenet.com/patterns/motifpumpkin

Have Fun

Limey

nadja la claire
10-11-2006, 04:44 PM
It seems like I do that all the time especially when I'm clothes shopping. The last time I was in Forever 21 I saw this really nice sweater and as I examined the sleeve I thought hmmm feather and fan, I could do that. Unfortunately it would probably cost me less to buy it, than to make it. But then again where's the satifaction in just buying something. :teehee:

Nadja xxx

Stiney
10-11-2006, 06:18 PM
But if you bought it at Forever 21, it would fall apart after three weeks. If you knit it, it would last years.

You know you wanna do it. All the cool kids are doing it.

knitonepurltwo
10-12-2006, 09:41 PM
thanks limey!