PDA

View Full Version : Spinners needed for Amish Memory Shawl Project

earthchick
10-09-2006, 08:57 PM
I don't usually knock around this board since I'm no spinner. But I thought some of you might be interested in helping out with this project. (http://asheepinwoolsclothing.typepad.com/a_sheep_in_wools_clothing/) These two bloggers are getting knitters and spinners to work together to make simple black shawls for the mothers, sisters, and grandmothers of the little girls who were killed at the Amish school house last week. They are teaming up spinners and knitters, but they currently have a disproportionately high number of knitters to spinners. I thought some of y'all might want to help.

Julie
10-09-2006, 09:46 PM
Thanks Stacey! If my freaking wheel would come already (:wall: ), I would love to participate.

earthchick
10-10-2006, 09:55 AM
Argh! - I know you are sooo ready to get that baby. I wish they would give you some idea of when it's going to arrive.

The shawl project coordinators are working on pairing up the knitters and spinners now. I think they have 40 knitters and only about 30 spinners, so they are still looking for more. It would be so cool if you could do it!

mullerslanefarm
10-11-2006, 04:25 PM
They now have plenty of spinners & knitters but are taking back up names.

I have a few skiens of black cria yarn I spun up last year for a shawl I never got around to making. I offered it to them if one of their spinners can't come through