PDA

View Full Version : Carmen, looks what's otn!

callmesusan
10-12-2006, 09:13 PM
It is actually a lovely shade of cinnamon rather than the bright orange it appears.

psammeadred
10-12-2006, 10:26 PM
Great job - is the yawning kitty included in the pattern?

DreamWeaver
10-12-2006, 10:28 PM
The kitty is SO CUTE!!!!!!! *hugs kitty*. Oh, and the other thing is good too :teehee:

CarmenIbanez
10-12-2006, 11:19 PM
It's GORGEOUS! I was amazed how easy it is considering how HARD it is, you know what I mean? I just finished mine. I'm posting it now!

aylaanne
10-13-2006, 02:20 AM
okay, I give up. What is it? :shrug: It's pretty, whatever it is.

feministmama
10-13-2006, 08:52 AM
You should SO post that to SOMC

http://www.stuffonmycat.com/

callmesusan
10-13-2006, 11:17 PM
I'm glad you are enjoying my cat! She weighs 18 lbs. and is named, ahem, Little Kitten. My daughter says she is "big boned" but the vet thinks she needs a low cal diet and more exercise.

The thing OTN is the Vogue wavy lace wrap from Interweave Knits. I got my inspiration from Carmen's post.

CarmenIbanez
10-13-2006, 11:49 PM
:hug: :muah: :hug: :muah:

CarmenIbanez
11-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Wellllllllll?????? Is it finished? I am waiting for an update. I wannnnnnaaa seeeeeee iiiiiitttttttt!

callmesusan
11-17-2006, 04:28 PM
I am about 36" into the wrap. It is very fun to knit! I have made a few things in between--I will post pics as soon as it is blocked! :hug:

CarmenIbanez
11-17-2006, 06:02 PM
Okay, I'll be waiting!

nonny2t
11-18-2006, 06:31 AM
I'm glad you are enjoying my cat! She weighs 18 lbs. and is named, ahem, Little Kitten. My daughter says she is "big boned" but the vet thinks she needs a low cal diet and more exercise.

The thing OTN is the Vogue wavy lace wrap from Interweave Knits. I got my inspiration from Carmen's post.

Yeah, but what do you do when they are on weight management food and are still little porkers? Mine weighs almost 23 lbs and runs around the house and chases our poor yorky like he is possessed so he gets exercise. Your wrap is gorgeous by the way as is Little Kitten.

suzeeq
11-18-2006, 12:05 PM
To get a cat to lose weight, you put them on the TV diet. Put their food bowl on the TV (or other high place) and they don't eat until they can jump up to it. It worked for one of my in-law's cats...

sue

jessica555
11-18-2006, 12:56 PM
You want to be really careful with cats and their diets. What my vet is having me do is feed my cat much small portions through out the day. She went from getting a cup a day to an 1/8 of cup twice a day...yes we measure, and no snacks. We saw the weight loss in a month...and she is much more spry...taking off with my yarn :doh: I feel so warm inside when she does this a hardly mind. Me my kitty tea and my needles what a day! :heart:
yours,
J

callmesusan
11-26-2006, 03:37 AM
To get a cat to lose weight, you put them on the TV diet. Put their food bowl on the TV (or other high place) and they don't eat until they can jump up to it. It worked for one of my in-law's cats...

sue

Yes, her indoor formula, weight control food is on the dryer so that she has to climb up to it. And, I measured her food to figure out just how much she was eating--not even the recommended amount. The thing is she LOVES her bed! I have to shoo her outside when I get home from work so that she can enjoy some fresh air and exercise. Our house stays cool, so she is tricked into hibernation mode even though we live in southern California and the thermometer finally dipped below 95 degrees just this week.

BTW Carmen, I'm about 50 inches into the Wavy Lace wrap!! She's a beaut.

CarmenIbanez
11-28-2006, 02:38 PM
Well my best friend nearly didn't make it out of Canada with her wrap. She had to promise her mom that I would make one for her too. So I am ordering the yarn up this weekend. At least it is a fairly easy knit, despite how intricate it looks.