PDA

View Full Version : Hello...

Cristy
10-14-2006, 08:49 PM
I just wanted to send out a big "hello!" to everyone--I can't remember the last time I posted (before tonight) and I've missed everyone so much. I've been sleeping for past 2 months (okay, I've worked, gone to school, raised my daugher, delt w/ the pregnancy, been a wife, cleaned occassionally...) and now that the leaves have started to change...my vacation from knitting has come to an end. I think I just needed a break...I was getting more frustration than enjoyment for a while there. Now that the baby is getting closer (can you believe I only have 12 weeks left!) I'm getting the itch to make baby things (and Christmas presents). I didn't stop knitting but I certainly haven't produced much.

and btw...the little one on the way is a boy and he looks healthy and strong (some of you may remember a little scare I had early on!). Now I'll have one of each! :)

Anyway--I'm back I think--and I've thought of many of you often. :heart: I hope everyone is doing well!

Ingrid
10-14-2006, 08:56 PM
:waving: :waving: After I answered your post about the scrunchable hat, it occurred to me that you hadn't been around for a while. Glad to hear that all is going well!

Pixywhispers
10-14-2006, 08:57 PM
Hi Cristy,

I'm glad your feeling better. And glad the boy is doing well. Good to see you back, I'd been wondering where Jesus duck was. heh.

Cristy
10-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Jesus duck is back but not for long...as soon as I posted my question about the scrunchable scarf in the pattern section I saw my picture and immediately wanted to change it--I got so tired of those ducks!

Ingrid--I hadn't even made it back over to see your response! LOL! You're still fast as ever. I'm doing well--just fat as a house and busy as a bee! :)

Pixywhispers
10-14-2006, 09:00 PM
I need to change mine too.

mks22300
10-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Welcome back Cristy! So glad to hear that everything is going alright and that your baby boy is looking strong and healthy! :hug:

Cristy
10-14-2006, 09:07 PM
thanks guys--they say he's big so far...not a shock since dd was almost a 10lber and was considerably early. I've only bought size 1 diapers--dd never wore N size and I had tons...so I learned my lesson. I'm having a 3D ultrasound in a week and half and I'm so excited--I can't wait to see what my little guy looks like! They say my ultrasound that I had at 17 weeks looked "glorious"--whatever that means. He was apparently a "well-developed" boy so they had no problems telling what he was...We've picked out Aaron as his name..Aaron Gregory Smith to be exact!

Pixywhispers
10-14-2006, 09:14 PM
I love that name! I love Gregory. Love it.

Cristy
10-14-2006, 09:26 PM
It was almost Gregory as a first name--it's my fil's first name. The only problem I had was that dh wanted to name him Gregory Aaron and call him Aaron....so I convinced him that we needed to name him what we planned to call him....don't want to confuse the poor kid...:) so I won the war and Aaron is what we decided on--we just switched the two.

Jan in CA
10-14-2006, 11:55 PM
Welcome back! That's a nice name for a little boy!

Pixywhispers
10-15-2006, 09:48 AM
That sounds familiar. Before I got preg with Grace, we had planned to name another girl Emily Grace Bryant Janis. But when she came we had gone through so many names and I just couldn't give Emily as a first name since it was so popular. A friend suggested a name of a friend of theirs and I asked "Well whats her middle name?" He said "Grace." So we named her Grace Emily Bryant Janis. :)

But now it seems as if every little girl is being named Grace. Oh well.

I agree name the child what you will call them. A friend uses her middle name and on official things, she says its a bit confusing. So many times shes sat in the waiting room as the nurse announced her first name three or four times before she remembered they were calling her! he

Cristy
10-15-2006, 10:00 AM
My mother has always gone by her middle name and I found it hard to understand as a child--plus..if ever someone official asks for my moms name (like if I'm looking up something in her name), I never know if she used her legal first name or the name I have always know her as. Matter of fact...I'm not sure if I know what my mom's legal name is anymore! I can't remember if she kept her maiden name or what...

dustinac
10-15-2006, 10:54 AM
I love the name!! :cheering:

I think its so hard to pick a name.. when I was expecting our son the dr said girl.. so dh would only look at girl names.. his family bought all pink.. I knew it was a boy so told my family to buy green/yellow my grandmother went ahead and crocheted him a blue afghan.. when you see pictures of us holding Isaiah in the background you see a dry erase board with Abby, Elisabeth, etc.. lol we didn't name him till right before we came home... and then we found out that his middle name was the St we lived off of coming home :roflhard:

My daughter I knew would be named after my grandmother who had passed.. her name was Josephine Ruth but I wanted to name my little girl Ruth... I wanted her middle name to be my other grandmother's middle name Louise... but dh wanted her named after Amelia Earhart... so we have Ruth Amelia-Louise..

Cristy
10-15-2006, 11:01 AM
That's a cute story--I can't wait for this next ultrasound b/c in the back of my mind..I keep thinking "what if they were wrong?!?!?"....Theyw ere right about my daughter and apparently everyone who has seen the ultrasound pics for this one says it's undoubtedly a boy (and of course dh grins...).

My daughter is Julia Ann--named after my Great grandmother Julia Mattie and my mother Patricia Ann. I can secretly say that dd has both or her grandmother's names b/c my mil's name is also Patricia Ann--isn't that weird?

so naming dd was easy b/c I have always said that if I had a girl she'd be named Julia--i was close to my great-grandmother as a little girl. Aaron was harder to pick out b/c there wan't a family member that we were dying to name him after except for my fil--Gregory. I like naming people after dead people but not after living people for some reason...so I really didn't want Gregory to be the first name...especially not once dh's solution was to call him by his middle name. We figured out the name in plenty of time but once I know the sex of the baby...I want to call it by name so I was driving dh nuts to help me figure out a name! I thought it was going to take up until the day he was born b/c dh wanted to wait to see "what name fits him" when he was born--i almost died when he said that. That's what his parents did and I have no where near that kind of patience!

mulene
10-16-2006, 11:32 AM
Cristy! :muah:

Pixywhispers
10-16-2006, 01:12 PM
Cristy,

Our first dd is also Julia. Julia Grace, and it is a family name as well, every generation.

Cristy
10-16-2006, 02:33 PM
Hey Mulene!! :muah:

Pixy--I love the name Julia. I hear it's making a comeback...