PDA

View Full Version : newbie knitter!!

Georgiasmama
10-15-2006, 06:20 PM
Hi everyone. My name is Kell, I have a four year old daughter name Georgia. and married to kevin! we live in a small touristy town in Northern California called Sonoma. aka Wine country. hehe

I just took my first knitting lesson on friday and I am completely hooked! I dont have a project I am working on yet, my instrcutor said to hold off until I have it down. I have three more hours of lessons from her. I am gonna go back tomorrow. so I am super excited to get started.

at first it was a little difficult my hands kept wanting to get in the way. I am left handed too. She said that once I get moving along that she can tell by my fingers and hands that I will be a great knitter! I surely hope I am. haha

I look forward to getting to know you, and hope to share a project with you shortly. I really wnat to make a pumpkin hat for a friends new baby by Halloween. hehe one can hope right??

mks22300
10-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Welcome! :waving:

Jan in CA
10-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Sonoma is a lovely little town! I haven't been there for years, but I love that area of northern CA! Welcome to the forum! :cheering:

psammeadred
10-15-2006, 07:26 PM
Welcome to the KH forums! You won't find a nicer bunch anywhere on the web.

Georgiasmama
10-15-2006, 07:36 PM
Thanks ladies. I am really I can't begin to tell you enough or LOUD enough how excited I am. hehe

I need to calm down and just practice until everything is good to go, is what my instructor told me.

I have been reading the post and getting great tips!

fluffypechey
10-15-2006, 10:08 PM
Hello and welcome :cheering: another excited newbie.

You will soon get the hang of it welcome to the addiction :teehee:

:hug: Sharon

Stiney
10-15-2006, 10:16 PM
Hi! Welcome!

There's a webcomic called Kevin and Kell (http://www.kevinandkell.com/), so it's funny that you and your husband are Kevin and Kell. I don't read the comic, so I couldn't tell you anything about it.

jjminarcik
10-15-2006, 10:43 PM
Welcome! I'm a newbie knitter myself and this forum has been a great place to go to for help and tips. :happydance: :happydance:

I'm from Georgia and I think that is a wonderful name! Why did you choose it?

Georgiasmama
10-16-2006, 03:02 AM
thanks girls!

that is soo funny about the webcomic. Its like that show Drake and Josh on NIC.. My cousins name is Josh and his son is Drake! haha makes me giggle.

We picked the name Georgia because it is classic to us. like an old soul name. you didnt really hear it too much. now I am hearing it more and more. which I was kind of bummed. but it happens. right?! hehe its funny because there is a town in GA that is our last name. I would soo much love to take Georgia there one day. it would be funny.

dustinac
10-16-2006, 09:02 AM
:cheering: Welcome to the forum!!