PDA

View Full Version : Kinda OT: Knitting while waiting for "nephew"

itsbecca1979
10-16-2006, 10:48 AM
Here's a pic of me Aug 28 knitting my Aran sweater while my BF was in labor. That's her son's head on the side :rofl:

janelanespaintbrush
10-16-2006, 10:58 AM
Here's a pic of me Aug 28 knitting my Aran sweater while my BF was in labor.

When I first saw "BF," my mind immediately translated it into boyfriend! :noway: Now I realize it was best friend. :rofl:

Isn't it funny how some acronyms get stuck in our heads? The other day I saw a bag on the kitchen counter that said PITA. It was a bag of pita bread, but "pita" was not the first thing that came to mind!

BTW, congratulations to your friend... and to you, as a new auntie! :cheering:

brendajos
10-16-2006, 10:59 AM
okay i read BF as boyfriend and was seriously confused trying to find the joke...lol

brendajos
10-16-2006, 11:00 AM
Here's a pic of me Aug 28 knitting my Aran sweater while my BF was in labor.

When I first saw "BF," my mind immediately translated it into boyfriend! :noway: Now I realize it was best friend. :rofl:

Isn't it funny how some acronyms get stuck in our heads? The other day I saw a bag on the kitchen counter that said PITA. It was a bag of pita bread, but "pita" was not the first thing that came to mind!

BTW, congratulations to your friend... and to you, as a new auntie! :cheering:

lmao glad I wasn't the only one!

Jan in CA
10-16-2006, 12:31 PM
I did the same thing! I was what??! :noway: :teehee:

Maybe "best friend" should have it's own acronym.. BGF maybe..best girl friend? :teehee:

kellyh57
10-16-2006, 03:07 PM
I'm just glad it wasn't the baby being born's head! Can you imagine knitting next to a woman pushing a child out?! :rofl:

Kelly

gardenmommy
10-16-2006, 03:24 PM
I'm just glad it wasn't the baby being born's head! Can you imagine knitting next to a woman pushing a child out?! :rofl:

Kelly

"...just one more row!..."

brendajos
10-16-2006, 03:38 PM
i am sure she is probably glad that wasn't the baby's head too! :thud: OOOOOOOUCH!