PDA

View Full Version : 2 socks on dpn

jberry16
10-16-2006, 04:27 PM
Just came accross this on knitty.com and wondered if any one had tried it?
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall06/FEATextreme2in1.html

knitqueen
10-22-2006, 12:42 AM
I read about that somewhere else once, maybe in one of the Yarn Harlot books?? Or maybe Stitch 'n Bitch? Can't remember, but regardless that is CRAZY. I don't know if I'd be brave enough to try!

humblestumble
10-22-2006, 01:17 AM
Holy cow! That's AWESOME! I have to try that one of these days! Thanks for pointing that out!

It actually make me think...hmm, if I wanted to knit two pairs of socks for myself, I could start on the first of each at the same time, and be done with them both at the same time. But that is if I wanted to still use two colors like she used. I think I would probably get confused the first time and insist on knitting two pairs of socks just so that I wouldn't get lost. (I hate mis-matching socks, so I would have to make another pair)

I have double knit before, but you have to be careful doing it. Catch one stitch on the wrong side, and you'll have to start all over if you don't catch it before you're done. I learned to always check it as I am knitting it....Actually, I just checked, and she has a very good tip for undoing those mistakes. I am definitely going to try this on my next pair of socks.

And sorry, but I have not tried those socks yet.

The Spider
10-22-2006, 02:42 AM
That was quite an entertaining read!

janelanespaintbrush
10-22-2006, 06:14 AM
I read about that somewhere else once, maybe in one of the Yarn Harlot books?? Or maybe Stitch 'n Bitch? Can't remember, but regardless that is CRAZY. I don't know if I'd be brave enough to try!

There's a whole chapter on double knitting in Principles of Knitting (June Hemmons Hiatt). Maybe that's where you saw it. When she discusses the "sock trick" she notes how important it is to have a captive audience. (In case you're wondering, no, I didn't shell out $200+ for that out-of-print book -- I was lucky enough to borrow it from the library. I read that she's been working on a new edition, but it's taking forever!)

Debbie
10-22-2006, 07:35 AM
Go Rebecca !!!! :star: sock knitter

Jan in CA
10-22-2006, 01:49 PM
That's amazing! :shock: :happydance: