PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy

orcoastknitter
10-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Ok, I am hooked! I have been watching the first two seasons on DVD for the past week (staying up til 2am to watch a DVD a night). I am now going to watch the episodes on abc.com tonight so I can get caught up for tomorrow.

I also have to say, I cried more when they put Doc to sleep, than when Denny died.

I can't wait for tomorrow night..... :cheering:

Jan in CA
10-18-2006, 01:42 PM
Yes! It's one of my favorite, do not want to miss, shows!

debz
10-18-2006, 03:04 PM
one of my favourite shows on the TV at the moment, unfortuanetly here in the UK we are only about half way through season 2 at the moment.
i just looove dr mcdreamy :heart: :heart:

Knittens
10-18-2006, 04:47 PM
Haha, way to burst Debz bubble about Denny. Maybe she missed it though. I love G's A. It is hands down the best show.

kellyh57
10-18-2006, 05:05 PM
I also have to say, I cried more when they put Doc to sleep, than when Denny died.
:

I thought I was the only one! I knew Denny was going to die. I can relate to putting a dog down more than a patient/lover dying I guess.

Kelly

KnittyKitty
10-18-2006, 05:30 PM
:noway: You cried more at the dog than Denny? I guess everyone has different reactions! It was really sad for me when he died because he was just sitting there feeling normal for the first time ever, warm hands, new heart and a brand spanking new fiance. Then he just tilts back his head and dies. I can't listen to the song Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol without saying DENNY!!!! NO!!!!!!! LOL! I think the dog was more symbolic than "real" if you kwim.

Anyways, I can't wait for tomorrow's episode! What's Izzy gonna do with that surpise?????????????

brendajos
10-18-2006, 05:39 PM
one of my favourite shows on the TV at the moment, unfortuanetly here in the UK we are only about half way through season 2 at the moment.
i just looove dr mcdreamy :heart: :heart:

Here's what you do Debz...buy the season 2 set of DVDs and then watch season 3 on ABC.com! :thumbsup:

everybody you know will be mad cuz you know stuff they don't!

Cristy
10-18-2006, 08:50 PM
I am IN LOVE w/ G's A!!! I just "found it" as they were playing the season two re-runs just before this season began. Fortunately I was able to catch up on season two and now I wait every week to see the next episode...I have to say I was a little disappointed w/ last week's episode...no sex at all...

knitknitknit
10-19-2006, 02:48 PM
I am so into Grey's... been watching it since the first episode and my knitting alllways takes a back seat to McDreamy... :teehee:

Jessica
10-19-2006, 07:03 PM
G's A is my favorite show! Been watching it since season one as well. My boyrfriend hates it so I get banished to the bedroom (which is ok, cuz its the better T.V :teehee: ). I knit and watch at the same time. Helps me practice my "no looking" knitting, haha. I like Dr. Mc Steamy!! I've liked him since he was on Charmed a while back. There is so many awesome things about the show. Dont even get me started.... 2 more hours to go, yeah!

Mulderknitter
10-20-2006, 07:48 PM
I understand that if derek and mer get together and are happy it would be the end of the show, but am i the only one LITERALLY yelling at the tv every episode? I swear, my dumb heart breaks every episode. they have done such a fabulous job as actors, they actutally make me feel the heartbreak every episode. but i still SCREAM my head off every episode! :!!!:

suzeeq
10-20-2006, 10:40 PM
And every week they keep coming up with a new twist, don't they? ;)

Clever, those writers...

sue

cgd
10-20-2006, 10:58 PM
Yeah, the Meredith/McDreamy story line is getting a bit ridiculous. Last season they do the nasty, he tells her he's in love with her. Then he decides to walk away and didn't care that she broke it off with McVet. He just jerks her around, and I thought Chris O'Donnell was MUCH cuter. McDreamy doesn't do it for me. I liked McVet and McSteamy better!

Looks like George has messed it up with Callie. Oh well, he's just not that into her, and she knows it.

vcuchica931
10-20-2006, 11:06 PM
I just started watching the show about 2 weeks ago due to my manager having season 2 on dvd in the breakroom at work so I watch it now!! I haven't been watching in order though due to other people picking shows.

McDreamy walked away from her when she said she broke up with Finn because he just found out that it was more than just a one night stand b/t Addison and Mark. I think it was just too much for him to handle and would need some time to think about things. I think he handled both news rather well. I think he's very hott (with two t's haha) and then my manager pointed out that he's old enough to be my dad... :-x :verysad:

I dunno, I didn't like Callie from the little I've seen of her. I also think it's cute and sad at the same time that George didn't realize that she broke up with him in the last episode.

Cristy
10-21-2006, 08:45 AM
But then there's the previews where it looks like McDreamy is doing the nasty w/ another girl...what's that all about....or maybe it's just made to look that way???

I agree--keeping McDreamy and Mer chasing each other is one of the points that keeps people coming but I yell at the show too...

dh hated the show but really liked the Callie/George thing so he'd watch it from time to time. he liked, and I agree with him, that Callie isn't a 7 ft. tall supermodel type and she's still rather sexy.

Anyone hear that George just came out in real life to say he's gay?

suzeeq
10-21-2006, 02:04 PM
Yeah, he came out because of that fight that Isaiah Washington and Patrick Dempsey had on the set. It's possible IW will be on his way out and by the way they're writing Burke's hand problems, could be there'll be a new Doc at Seattle Grace....

sue

brendajos
01-05-2007, 12:00 AM
ooooooooooh did you see the preview for next week's GA??

mks22300
01-05-2007, 12:10 AM
Is it a new one next week?

brendajos
01-05-2007, 12:19 AM
fiiiiiiiiiiinally yes!

orcoastknitter
01-05-2007, 01:13 AM
fiiiiiiiiiiinally yes!

Well it's about :!!!: time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They have been playing reruns for the past two weeks of House and Bones!!!! I can't wait until next week. :cheering:

I sooooooooo love GA. I actually bought the first season at Target for $8.99 right after Thanksgiving. Now I just need season 2!

AnotherBecca
01-05-2007, 01:29 AM
I :heart: Grey's Anatomy too! Our military cable shows them just a little behind, but I'm all caught up! Can't wait for new episodes.
I cried so much when Denny died...and then watched it again with DH and probably cried harder. Some of the patients are so touching and some so hilarious!

jodstr2
01-05-2007, 12:10 PM
whew. so next week's the new one. I thought I missed a new one last night.

lissalue
01-05-2007, 01:52 PM
i am soo glad there is finally another new one, i have been lost without it. i also kind of think that IW is about to leave, and no, i didn't hear about "george" coming out in real life. it is kind of funny though, cause he looks just like a guy i dated in college who turned out to be gay. i am glad to know others who are as addicted to the show as me!! :teehee:

brendajos
01-05-2007, 01:53 PM
I don't know... i read something recently that indicated that they are all playing nicely again. who knows...after that little incident i don't care if he leaves....no matter how pretty he is to look at! :!!!:

Jan in CA
01-05-2007, 01:59 PM
I don't know... i read something recently that indicated that they are all playing nicely again. who knows...after that little incident i don't care if he leaves....no matter how pretty he is to look at! :!!!:

Which little incident?

brendajos
01-05-2007, 02:02 PM
The one where, in a fit of anger, he called T. R. Knight a f*gg*t.

Jan in CA
01-05-2007, 02:08 PM
The one where, in a fit of anger, he called T. R. Knight a f*gg*t.

I've seen them all, but I don't remember this..who said it? Whoever it was that wasn't nice!! :grrr:

lissalue
01-05-2007, 02:09 PM
it happened in real life, not on the show

brendajos
01-05-2007, 02:12 PM
oh yeah, sorry...didn't mean to indicate that it was on the show. if you google Isaiah Washington's name with that word you will find all sorts of articles and blogs about it. It was what made Knight actually come out officially since it was getting reported.

Jan in CA
01-05-2007, 02:28 PM
:!!!:

jodstr2
01-15-2007, 06:42 PM
who watched on Thurs?

'to be continued..." argh :!!!:

brendajos
01-15-2007, 06:48 PM
lol well i came in knowing it was a two parter but honestly, the way they ran it, if they hadn't added "to be continued" to the end, i don't think it would have felt any different than any other episode.

i bought the season 2 dvds finally yesterday and planted myself on the couch with my knitting and my remote and watched Grey's all day, except for a break to watch the Bears win! ( :happydance: ) whatta happy snowy day it was!

orcoastknitter
01-15-2007, 06:51 PM
I knew it was a two parter as well. My mom doesn't usually watch it with me. But she did last Thursday. I kept saying "Izzie deposit the check!", she was looking at me funny, wondering why I was making a big fuss over a check (she didn't know what the amount was and who gave it to her). After it was over, I had to do a quick summary of the past two seasons to catch her up.

I can't wait til Thursday now!

Carla1019
09-12-2007, 07:42 PM
All I have to say is only one more night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jodstr2
09-12-2007, 08:37 PM
already? I thought the first one is on the 27th.

anyway! yay! :woohoo: new season!!!!!!!!!!

wildforyarn
09-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Just checked on ABC.com and it is indeed September 27 for the season premiere. The third season came out on DVD this past Tuesday too.:cheering:

suzeeq
09-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Tomorrow and next week's shows are the last two from May. The tests and the wedding.

Carla1019
09-12-2007, 10:14 PM
2 weeks. =( I guess I heard it wrong then.. (walks away sad)

Sandi
09-12-2007, 10:17 PM
Snowy? Where are you? It's to early for snow. But then you may be on the other end of the world from me. I guess if it's snowing all the more reason to stay in and knit!!!

suzeeq
09-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Look at the date, it was posted in January....

Sandi
09-13-2007, 12:04 AM
SORRY! My mistake.

dakatzmeow
09-13-2007, 08:05 AM
i got season 3 on tuesday. i've been wading my way through them. i'm up to episode 13. already, a lot of blanks have been filled in for me with the episodes i missed last season. love it! i've waded through 2 baby bibs, 1 pr of booties, and 3/4 of the md baby kimono.

sinistral_needler
09-13-2007, 10:33 AM
I can't wait for the season to start. I hope it is a happier, more productive season than last season.

Although it will be off to the good ol' dramatic sad start, with Christina dealing w/Burke leaving and Mer dealing with Der and her sister.

Did anyone feel like last season was just ... stagnant? Kind of how like Mer was .. just .. blechy blah? Sure, some things happened .. but let's make some onward progress!

jodstr2
09-13-2007, 11:29 AM
I need to watch season 3 again to jog my memory. I just put it in my Netflix queue. I hope to get it with enough time to spare to watch all 7 discs before the 27th. I remember bits and pieces of the season but in order to be able to pick up right away on the 27th I should just rewatch it.

brendajos
09-13-2007, 06:39 PM
I just picked up Season 3 last night from Worst Buy and put the disc in and promptly fell asleep. I kept thinking that I was given the wrong season initially because I forgot how long ago the season started...lol. I kept feeling like the aftermath of Denny passing away was a long time ago. Seems like at least 2 seasons to me.

I think the BIGGEST problem with last season was this STUPID scheduling all the networks were doing last year. The midseason finale and the super long hiatus to follow. Plus airing one episode then doing 3 weeks of reruns. They all did it and it was outrageously annoying.

The worst one was Jericho who went on hiatus and then came back against American Idol and something else. They cancelled the show because it wasn't able to keep up its ratings after a 3 month break. I don't know how many of you followed that story but the outrage that followed was rather amusing. CBS Corporate received over 50,000 pounds of nuts in response to the cancellation and decided to bring it back for seven episodes. (this idea came from part of the storyline at the end of the episodes that were aired.) I think it is one of the first times that a network changed their mind about cancellation and gave a show a second shot. :happydance:

Sajomaro
09-14-2007, 01:49 AM
I think the BIGGEST problem with last season was this STUPID scheduling all the networks were doing last year. The midseason finale and the super long hiatus to follow. Plus airing one episode then doing 3 weeks of reruns. They all did it and it was outrageously annoying.

The worst one was Jericho who went on hiatus and then came back against American Idol and something else. They cancelled the show because it wasn't able to keep up its ratings after a 3 month break. I don't know how many of you followed that story but the outrage that followed was rather amusing. CBS Corporate received over 50,000 pounds of nuts in response to the cancellation and decided to bring it back for seven episodes. (this idea came from part of the storyline at the end of the episodes that were aired.) I think it is one of the first times that a network changed their mind about cancellation and gave a show a second shot. :happydance:

I have to agree with you. I'm not sure what the networks think there accomplishing by putting shows on hiatus for any amount of time. I don't mind when they take a week of for a holiday or maybe to show an episode that is relevant to the next show.

My brother is a huge fan of Jericho. He was so upset when they cancelled it. He was so excited when he found out it was back on. It apparently joins quite a few other shows that were cancelled after the first season and then pick up again. Cagney & Lacey, Designing Women and Touched By An Angel to name a few. Star Trek is another. Let's hope it has the same run.

suzeeq
09-14-2007, 08:57 AM
The thing is, they're only making 22 episodes per year; they used to do 39. So they can show them all at once and they'd all be finished by March, or stretch them out. Another reason is that it takes about 8 days to produce an hour long episode, so they couldn't show them one after another in any case.

McKnitty
09-15-2007, 11:14 PM
This is one of the shows that many of my friends watch and it is so much fun to talk about it the next day. However, we hardly ever agree on the show, which actually makes it even more fun.

I am disappointed that Burke is gone, and happy that Derek's ex (I didn't care enough to remember her name) is off the show. I sat through the awful episode last season that introduced her new show. Ugh! Most of my friends don't agree, but that is one show I will NOT be watching. However, I'm sure I'll hear all about it from my friends anyway.