PDA

View Full Version : Big Sale littleknits.com

rebecca
10-19-2006, 06:29 PM
I saw the big sale notice at Little Knits (https://www.littleknits.com/products.php?cat=376&pg=1) in an email that I got today. And, well, me being me...I can't pass up a sale, I mean a yarn sale.
That said, I ordered a bag of Cash Iroha (https://www.littleknits.com/proddetail.php?prod=CashIroha87FullBag). I know, some of you don't like Noro yarns, but I likey this one, a LOT! (Other yarns on sale besides Noro, by the way!) I bought it in celebration of Fake International Knitting Week (http://whimsicalknitting.blogspot.com/2006/10/national-knitting-week-in-uklets-make.html), I had to celebrate in some way other than designing a hat, right :wink:

Ingrid
10-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Great deal!!! :cheering:

humblestumble
10-19-2006, 08:15 PM
How come people don't like Noro? It's kinda expensive to not like it :teehee:

feministmama
10-19-2006, 09:42 PM
Rebecca that picture of your scarf looks like lips!! :roflhard:

aineepooh1
10-20-2006, 01:43 PM
rebeccca
thanks so verymuch for posting this info..
they have almost Everything on sale and such a very nice selectoin
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

rebecca
10-20-2006, 01:49 PM
LOL, OMGosh, Femi, you are so right, that's funny!
You are welcome, ainee, they have a great selection! I'm so psyched, this is my 1st ever "bag" purchase.
hs, some people don't like Noro because some of the yarns are itchy.
Thanks, Ing-A-Ling, that is a great deal, Lonnie was like, "That's that same kind of yarn that I spend $x on for our anniversary?!!!! Well, yeah, you need to get it because that's a great deal!" Gotta love my knitty enabling hubby :muah:

skNYC
10-20-2006, 03:11 PM
:cheering:
The minute I got that email, I thought Becky would hit the site with her credit card numbers ready. ;)

CarmenIbanez
10-20-2006, 04:11 PM
BAD REBECCA! BAD BAD BAD. I just went to that site and spent $100, what are you thinking girl? I just blew my yarn budget for like three months! Of course I bought enough yarn for three sweaters, so that is a good deal, yes?

mwedzi
10-20-2006, 05:12 PM
Another one? This site always has everything on sale. It's like Kohl's, except in yarn. And I *just* placed an order with them from my new money. Oh new money, you are flying away so fast! :pout: I swear, Little Knits and Kohl's will be the death of me!

mwedzi
10-20-2006, 05:16 PM
whew! after checking i see that not much more is on sale than was a few days ago. little knits is always having a sale. they're the exact opposite of kpixie, which i don't think has ever had a sale ever.

CarmenIbanez
10-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Yes, I could only get the yarn I wanted in three ball increments, so I will have to make my next sweater multicolored!

rebecca
10-21-2006, 09:50 PM
Be specific, girls!!!! What yarn did ya get?!
LOL, I love Kohl's, too!
I also LOVE KPixie, they have sales all the time, usually not stuff that you want :roflhard: :rofl: :roflhard:

mwedzi
10-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Be specific, girls!!!! What yarn did ya get?!
LOL, I love Kohl's, too!
I also LOVE KPixie, they have sales all the time, usually not stuff that you want :roflhard: :rofl: :roflhard:

I got a bag of Debbie Bless Merino Chunky. Can't beat 10 skeins of superwash merino for $24. Good thing I happen to like chocolate brown. I also got a skein of Cherry Tree Hill SuperGlitz in Moody Blues. The package just arrived today, so I'm happy. :happydance:

rebecca
10-24-2006, 12:35 PM
Sounds like a very nice haul!!! And, your's has already arrived!!!! Mine doesn't even ship until tomorrow...lol, of course, that is not even a problem because I'm not exactly sure what I'm doing with it...shawl or a scarf/hat/gloves combo or two :wink:

rebecca
10-27-2006, 06:00 PM
:cheering: :cheering: Mine yarn arrived today :cheering: :cheering: Needless to say, I'm happy :cheering: :cheering:
It's BEEEEAAUUUTIIFULLLL!
And, as I said in another post, I think that it may become the cape from Vogue Knitting Holiday :cheering: :cheering:

mwedzi
11-01-2006, 06:55 PM
yay! :happydance:

VictoiseC
11-02-2006, 05:35 PM
OH MY GOD THAT IS BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL.... not only the colour but having A GREAT BIG BAG OF IT!

I too have never purchased a full bag and I'm gettin mighty itchy. Oh geez, and 10 skiens for ... whatever it was...the other stuff Debbie Bliss... OK HERE I GO...

(I happen to LOVE NORO love love love it)

Can't wait to see what you make with that gorgeous colour!!!!

doyvicios
11-03-2006, 07:58 PM
You see this is what happens when you stay away from KH!! All the Debbie Bliss Aran yarn is sold out...2.99 a ball, I can't believe I missed it!!

I can't though find out where do i sign up to get the newsletters...

rebecca
11-03-2006, 09:04 PM
I see that they still have the Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran bag sale going, though...I do love that deep evergreen color, I have some sock yarn that is the same color that would love some big yarn to go with! I may yet get a bag :cheering:

Vic, I hope to make a gorgeous capelet that is in Holiday Vogue, it's the middle one on the bottom under "Grace" right here (http://www.vogueknitting.com/magazine-preview.shtml). Now, have I ever worn a capelet?! ....ahhh, no. Do I know where I would wear it?! ......ahhh, no...perhaps Lonnie's work Christmas party and church Have I really any need for a capelet?! Of course....not, but it's gorgeous :cheering:

VictoiseC
11-04-2006, 08:55 AM
Oh yeah rebecca! I was admiring that capelet when I got my magazine, it's so sweet and luscious. It's different than most well, capelets? You'll find somewhere to wear it, even if you wear it in bed ha. Now myself I've GOT to make that big blue felted bag, I never felted yet but that bag is just so beautiful with all those colours, I've got to do it.

rebecca
11-05-2006, 08:53 PM
Oh, yeah, I love that bag, too! LOL, I do love 50-75% of all knitty things that I see :teehee: Which is why my knitting list is 2 miles long!

VictoiseC
11-06-2006, 09:53 AM
Rebecca! After thinking it over and looking at colors for 2 days I did it! This morning! I got a bag of the Iroha in PERIWINKLE, I love that color. Your green looked tempting though.
Also got one skein of Noro Yoroi which looks scrumptious, I've never seen it before. I couldn't pass on the Iroha when I saw the content. I never bought a bag of yarn before either so it's GREAT! Thanks, I think. (the DH isn't too pleased but when I get done with his fingerless gloves I'm working on now he will be) :cheering:

feministmama
11-06-2006, 03:00 PM
OY! I've been drooling over that bag of periwinkle. Purdy color, its got silk in it so its prolly soft and 10 skeins for $55 is a pretty goos deal. Oh why oh why haven't I won the lottery yet :pray:

rebecca
11-07-2006, 06:29 PM
WTG, VIC :cheering: :cheering: I love the periwinkle, too! If it's still there when I get another spare $60 I'm gonna get it, too....although, we all know that ain't likely right before the holidays!

I know what you mean, femi, it's hard to pass up....and, we ALL need to win the knitty lottery so we can get whatever yarn we see that we want whenever we want :cheering: :cheering:

VictoiseC
11-08-2006, 01:06 PM
Thanks Becka!!! Ha, I had to sort of push the other bags of yarn around the house under beds and stuff so my DH wouldn't be looking at them while I explained how I can make a whole sweater out of the periwinkle and how beautiful the yarn is, etc. etc.
Oh wellllll I hope it comes soon!

rebecca
11-08-2006, 01:41 PM
They ship very quickly from Littleknits! I know you will love it!
Well, I caved...I looked at the Debbie Bliss Cashmerino (http://littleknits.com/proddetail.php?prod=DBAran506FB) over and over and I decided that I had to have it...afterall, I already have matching sock yarn (woodland sage) (http://www.knitpicks.com/yarns/itemid_5420151/yarn_display.aspx) so I had to order the bag of cashmerino for a shawl :teehee:
Have a LOOK (http://littleknits.com/proddetail.php?prod=DBAran506FB), it's an unbelievable deal :cheering:

JLC
11-08-2006, 01:55 PM
That IS a great deal. Congrats!!

VictoiseC
11-08-2006, 01:57 PM
Oh geez. Wow. that is one beautiful color and $34.50 for yarn with cashmere in it! LUCKY YOU! You are driving us mad.

rebecca
11-08-2006, 02:16 PM
Isn't it pretty?! I needed another yarn for a shawl and I wanted a light worsted (I prefer shawls that are warm!) and this is going to be perfect for either the Fibertrends Leaf Lace or Basket Lace shawl (http://yarn-store.com/knitted-shawl-and-scarf-patterns.html)...or, that's the plan right now :wink:

skNYC
11-08-2006, 02:18 PM
I ordered something over the weekend but I still have not heard a peep from them. :(

rebecca
11-08-2006, 03:43 PM
I would email them!
When I orderd the 1st bag (Cash Iroha), I didn't notice that it stated that the yaren wasn't going to ship until the next week, so I emailed her asking about it and she emailed me right back.
I'm hinky that way...I like to hear back from someone rather quickly after I've placed an order, if I don't hear quickly, I have not a problem emailing to find out what's going on :wink:

VictoiseC
11-09-2006, 10:21 AM
That's strange sk, I got a reply from them immediately (or maybe the next day) saying Thank You. Hm.

Rebecca, I've yet to make a lacy shawl. I so want to try it. Sooooooon.

rebecca
11-09-2006, 10:39 AM
Vic, I've had shawls on my "to knit" list for a very long time and I'm currently working on my 1st one!