PDA

View Full Version : FO a rug

feministmama
10-22-2006, 09:14 PM
So here's a FO. I made the mitered square rug from Interweave knits. It was a pattern I got from the subscribers website. I just used lion cotton. I just love making this. I don't know why. Maybe becasue each square is samll and I get a quicker sense of that instant gratification over the malabrigo hourglass sweater I'm also working on (and taking forever) I needed some rugs too. I'm gonna make some more. We have cables on the floor going from room to room cuz I got a new computer and put my old one in my son's room but in order for himto get on the internet we have to strech a super long cable from the outlet of the cable source (in my room) down the hall and into his room. We keep tripping over cables al day so I'm gonna need a few more rugs to cover them up.

mwedzi
10-23-2006, 11:04 AM
Wow, that is so cool! And what a great way to use up stash. I love the color combo on the top center square. Very pretty.

Jan in CA
10-23-2006, 12:24 PM
That is really neat! You could make a long runner for the hallway to cover the cable.

Jaxhil
10-23-2006, 12:31 PM
That is a very cool rug! It somehow reminds me of a Van Gogh (sp?) painting! All those thick vibrant colors.

I can sympathize about the long cables through the house problem. We used to have the same thing! Sometimes they would even have to float through the air to get where we needed them-only after the kids were in bed however!!

ae
10-24-2006, 07:32 AM
i really like that!! what a great way to get some nice bright color (and it looks so soft and cozy).

rebecca
10-24-2006, 12:15 PM
I really like it, WTG :cheering:

Tamar Dohel
10-24-2006, 02:02 PM
I saw this pattern on the Internet and wanted to make one just like it but thought for all the time and effort that I'd spend I might as well just buy one.

Your's is fab! :cheering:

callmesusan
10-24-2006, 05:24 PM
Great rug!! I love the colors.