PDA

View Full Version : Knitty Surprises

hedgehog
10-22-2006, 11:20 PM
I don't know if this has been posted yet, but the surprises for this issue of Knitty are up. click here to avoid searching for your Knitty bookmark (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEfall06/patterns.html)

I like Smock - the other thing is just weird. :)

-hh

Jan in CA
10-23-2006, 12:51 AM
I saw that desperate housefrau one! What were they thinking? Gawd.. :doh:

knitaddict
10-23-2006, 12:51 AM
I *love* the desperate housewife pattern. :roflhard: :roflhard: I'd never make it (nor wear it), but I thought it was hilarious when I saw it yesterday. :)

humblestumble
10-23-2006, 02:30 AM
I agree...I love the 40s and 50s - the times when wearing things like that was popular, but it's not like they wanted to be seen that way... they felt like they had to be because they needed their curls to set. That's why I thought it was so strange so see someone knit a contraption like that. It's cool for me to look at as art, but to imagine someone doing it again, on purpose just to wear out? I can't understand it...unless it's for a play or a costume.

HamburgKnitter
10-23-2006, 02:43 AM
That's very bizarre!

The afghan is gorgeous!!! :heart:

mulene
10-23-2006, 07:23 AM
lmao thats hilarious. I love the look of the face of the model in the pic when shes on the bike :roflhard: I'd never make it or wear it myself but it made me laugh my (hand knitted) socks off!

I also like the smock

Cristy
10-23-2006, 07:38 AM
I saw those a few days ago--I like smocked too and find the other one a little odd but funny!

gardenmommy
10-23-2006, 09:59 AM
It's probably meant to tie in with Halloween, kind of like Hallowig they had before, not meant to be serious, just a good joke.

nonny2t
10-23-2006, 10:08 AM
Heaven help us, I used to wear those kind of curlers. My mom used to do my hair with them when I was a kid. I always came out looking like a dope! Guess that is why I wear my hair so short nowadays!

hellokitty165
10-23-2006, 10:11 AM
lmao thats hilarious. I love the look of the face of the model in the pic when shes on the bike :roflhard: I'd never make it or wear it myself but it made me laugh my (hand knitted) socks off!

I also like the smock

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

KnittyKitty
10-23-2006, 10:40 AM
Hmmm... I don't like smock... that design reminds me of scales.... :shrug: . The curler one is a waste of time but hilarious! She looks like she's just having fun though!

feministmama
10-23-2006, 11:01 AM
Knitting a waste of time??? Blasphemy!!! But yeah I wouldn't make it or wear it either. I did make the hallowig though. Sometimes knitting silly things can be fun. :happydance:

mwedzi
10-23-2006, 12:10 PM
I wore those rollers when I was a kid, too. But I would never go out with them. You put them in at night and sleep (uncomfortably) with them in and in the morning take them out and look fab the whole day. That's how you do it, people.

Yeah, I would never knit that. It's funny, but I have to many things that are a bit more useful to use time for a curler wig!

I'm not that enthused about Smock, either. It's alright, I guess.

Jenelle
10-23-2006, 12:25 PM
Smock- I do like the sweater construction, but I don't like the pattern used.

Desperate Housefrau- That's so cute! :roflhard: I should make that for halloween. :teehee:

Kew- Those are gorgeous! I really like the color that she used.

koolbreeze
10-23-2006, 02:09 PM
oh i hated those rollers!! my mom would make me sleep in them which meant i got NO SLEEP!!! :grrr: