PDA

View Full Version : *FINALLY* using my Boye Needlemaster

susies1955
10-23-2006, 08:06 AM
YES, I'm *FINALLY* using my Boye Needlemaster. Well, I'm using them as straights but hey I'm finally using them. I just starting knitting last Oct. and I bought this set shortly after that. I needed a size 8 straight and didn't have any so I got my Boye's out.
I remember someone saying just use them like you would straights and you can use them with no problem.
Yes, as said before they are a little stiff but putting them in the VERY hot water for a few minutes cures that. Joann's on line has them but they are out of stock right now. You can sign with your email address and have them notify you when they are back in stock.
http://www.joann.com/catalog.jhtml?CATID=52434&PRODID=80804
You can get 50% OFF the regular price of one item.** Promotion valid from 10/1/06 through 10/31/06 Use promotion code OCTA650 OR if you used the 50% one already there is 40% OFF the regular price of one item.** Promotion valid from 10/1/06 through 10/31/06 Use promotion code OCTA640 .
Michaels, The Arts & Crafts Store has them too and they have coupons in the paper at times.
Susie

Knitabit
10-24-2006, 03:55 PM
I hope you love your set!

I've read quite a few posts about people loving their Boye or Denise sets. Am I the only one that got bad sets?

I bought the Boye set last year at Michael's, but a few of the needles had bad threads so the connectors would not go in straight. I exchanged it for another set, and it had the same problem (don't recall whether it was the same size needles with bad threads, but I don't think so).

I would love to stop buying individual needles but am gun-shy now.

:shrug:
-

susies1955
10-24-2006, 04:09 PM
You can always take them back right??? Try another kind or something. You will probably love them. :)
Susie

Shavon
10-24-2006, 06:01 PM
Congrats on breaking out your Needlemaster! I got mine using a 50% off coupon at A.C. Moore and I absolutely LOVE it. And the hot water on the cords really does help - I have no idea where I first heard that tip, but it really works. I have no desire to buy any more straight needles, but considering I have so many projects going all 4 of my cords are in use, I would love to buy another interchangeable set!

susies1955
10-24-2006, 06:07 PM
Thanks!
I've never seen an A. C. Moore and our Michaels is over an hour away so I got mine on Ebay but using a 50% coupon I could have gotten it on line at Joann's.
Go ahead and get yourself another set for Christmas. :)
Susie

blueeyes28
10-24-2006, 07:14 PM
I love my boyes and my denise's now I want some options but I am having a hard time justifying that one!!

Liliyarn
10-25-2006, 03:49 AM
I *hate* my needlemasters. They snag on the yarn, joins are not smooth, cords are awkward, I screw them in tight and they come undone and some dont even thread right. I am definitely gun shy on sets now. I so want the options if they deliver on the promises.

Friskums
10-25-2006, 11:04 AM
I've never used the needlemaster set, but I've got a couple of the options tips and cords. The only problem I've had was on one of the cords, it was pulling out of the metal connector.

I emailed knitpicks about it and they sent me a replacement cable.

I'm not fond of metal needles, in general (Looooooove my denises) but the options frickin rule! :thumbsup:

[Edit: Oh, and you don't have to buy a whole set. You can get one, try it out for a while, and if you're not happy with it, then you didn't waste the money on a whole set. ;) ]

knitqueen
10-25-2006, 11:10 AM
I have the needlemaster set and I use it everyday. I use it for knitting flat and knitting in the round. I don't use the smallest needle tips though because for me it doesn't work so well with the join on the cable when the stitches are that small, but otherwise I love it. I like the feel of metal.

ebrperk
10-25-2006, 12:25 PM
I really like my Needlemaster set. I use it all the time and I don't even use straights anymore at all. Except for DPN's LOL

nadja la claire
10-25-2006, 05:09 PM
If you like your Boyes then you'd love KP Options. I have the Boyes set and I like them ok but they cannot compare to the Options. And the Options cost less.

Nadja xxx