PDA

View Full Version : Don't be afraid to try cables!

Lisa Kay
10-23-2006, 05:20 PM
If you've never tried to knit anything with cables, I'm here to tell you not to fear them. I just started knitting back in April, and recently finished a gaiter (neck warmer) for my dad. The pattern I used was very straightforward and easy, plus Amy's video here on KH helped a lot! Thanks, Amy! :muah:

And a big thank you to Julie, who suggested the Rowan Cashsoft DK! I loved using this yarn. :heart:

For pix of my FO, see this (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19797) KH thread.

jberry16
10-23-2006, 05:38 PM
very true, cables are your friend and you should have fun with them. :o)

Calamintha
10-23-2006, 05:42 PM
One of the first things I ever made after learning to knit was a cable sweater. It was the first sweater I ever made and I had no problems with it whatsoever. I think people get the idea that if something looks complicated it must be hard to do. Same thing with lace. It's easier than it looks.

Limey
10-23-2006, 06:02 PM
I think cables just need a little practice - they DO look more complicated than they are.

I found that when first using a cable needle that putting a child's toy bead on the end helped alot kept the stitches on the needle - especially when starting and ending cable rows.

Limey :thumbsup: xxx