PDA

View Full Version : OT: Anyone watch Gilmore Girls? Knitting episode...

10-23-2006, 10:41 PM
If any of you watch this show, I'm a fan, but lately not so much, I was reading the spoilers for the November episodes that there is a Knitting episode!! I tell you it's reaching every corner of this world!!

Here's the spoiler:

Episode 7.09: Knit, People, Knit
Airdate: November 2006

10/13 - With the help of a midwife, Liz delivers her baby in her own house. T.J. contacts Luke to let him know of the news. There is a "knitathon festival" in town. At the event, the high school Jazz band performs, there is a little petting zoo, and tents and stands where people can buy/spin/etc. yarn. Sookie and Jackson sell spaghetti at the event. Kirk sells knitting needles. Source: SpoilerFix.com

Pretty neat hey?? :cheering:

CarmenIbanez
10-23-2006, 11:46 PM
I'm still not getting Gilmore Girls because Time Warner Cable has not resolved their contract dispute with the new CW :!!!:

knittingdoula
10-24-2006, 12:10 AM
I never thought I would see the day when my two passions, homebirth and knitting, would come together in one tv episode. Amazing!!! :)

Alison
(Due to homebirth in April and who will probably knit for as long as possible through labor!)

dustinac
11-28-2006, 10:05 AM
This airs tonight... I'm hoping this season is a dream and when she wakes up Luke is beside her... :pout: I miss how GG used to be but I'm still watching :rofl: :roflhard:

itsazoo
11-28-2006, 11:53 PM
Yikes! Taylor looked portly (more so than usual) in that sweater.

I want a giant ball of yarn!

Christopher will never fit in.

dustinac
11-29-2006, 09:57 AM
yeah I don't think he will either... poor Luke :verysad: I did like the Knit or Go Home shirt though :rofl:

zkimom
11-29-2006, 10:27 AM
Knittingdoula,

I'm right there with you -- a homebirthin' knittin' (retired) doula :cheering:

I was a doula in a hospital program for 3 years until after my dd was born (at home!) and my husband's business grew so much that I couldn't take any more births cause he is always travelling. :waah: Maybe someday I can get back into it but until then, I'm just a knitting fool raising my kids.

I've never watched the Girls but I'd tune into that episode!

Good luck on your homebirth, as for knitting through labor, I don't think I could have pulled that one off! Not even in the beginning of labor. So you have to let me know if you do!

Best,
Susan

mari_13
11-29-2006, 11:26 AM
I love Gilmore Girls and was so excited to see so much knitting! I really want that Knit or Go Home shirt! I miss Luke and Lorelai together but they are being real dramatic about this Christopher thing!

Mari

Kaydee
11-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Spaghetti yarn balls and breadstick needles anyone? One of those giant balls of yarn would make for some great home decor! :teehee: Iím just getting back into Gilmore Girls this season after a bit of a hiatus, its been good so far this season, especially last night!!

dustinac
11-29-2006, 12:31 PM
I'm getting the shirt (http://www.cafepress.com/buy/knitting/-/pv_design_details/pg_17/id_16052454/opt_/fpt_/c_360/) for Christmas :teehee:

CarmenIbanez
11-29-2006, 01:14 PM
Okay, someone needs to write an in depth analysis of the season so far. I am still not getting the CW, so I have not seen a single episode of GG this year. What is happening?

dustinac
11-29-2006, 01:41 PM
They pretty much sum the whole season up here (http://thewb.warnerbros.com/shows/gilmore-girls/episodes) don't look if you don't want to see the info for next week :teehee:

cause I just tried to sum up the whole season and kept forgetting parts and would have to go back... then it got really long... :rofl:

CarmenIbanez
11-29-2006, 02:24 PM
I've missed so much. I can't wait till I get the CW again. Or at least they start showing this seasons' reruns on ABC Family.

lisa2
11-29-2006, 02:45 PM
I love the show. We named our oldest child Rory.

itscryttle
11-29-2006, 02:47 PM
LOVE Gilmore Girls... and love my knitting! I was so excited when I seen the title to last nights show.

I love Gilmore Girls and was so excited to see so much knitting! I really want that Knit or Go Home shirt! I miss Luke and Lorelai together but they are being real dramatic about this Christopher thing!

Mari

OMG ME TOO!!!

I have been scouring the internet to see if I can find it! I want it too!

itscryttle
11-29-2006, 02:51 PM
I'm getting the shirt (http://www.cafepress.com/buy/knitting/-/pv_design_details/pg_17/id_16052454/opt_/fpt_/c_360/) for Christmas :teehee:

you tease!!!

I get This Design is No Longer Available

:pout:

brendajos
11-29-2006, 03:00 PM
try it again...i just clicked on it with no problem.

HamaLee
11-29-2006, 03:44 PM
Okay, someone needs to write an in depth analysis of the season so far. I am still not getting the CW, so I have not seen a single episode of GG this year. What is happening?

It's already been done! If you go to http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com you'll be in heaven! They do awesome recaps of tons of shows--including Gilmore Girls--and there are also forums. Enjoy!

(I lurk there for my love of Heroes and Veronica Mars)

ETA--The site is having server issues today, but it should take care of itself

slgn
11-29-2006, 04:40 PM
I'm getting the shirt (http://www.cafepress.com/buy/knitting/-/pv_design_details/pg_17/id_16052454/opt_/fpt_/c_360/) for ChristmasI get This Design is No Longer AvailableThat's because it was copyright infringement.

Leah of Craftster made this design a year ago (one with knitting needles and one with scissors). I recognized it on the show and just assumed the costume designers added the "Knit or Go Home" with iron-on letters. Turns out, not so much.

The costumers did not buy her shirt - they reproduced it without permission. :fingerwag: BAD. The cafepress link cited above was someone copying it from the tv show; they were shut down for infringement. (please note: there are a few other skull and needle designs out there. I don't think Leah is asserting her rights against them all just the ones that are obviously her design/her image.)

Here is the Craftster thread (http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=136154.0) by Leah.

Here are the stores where you can buy the real shirt:
Magpie Store (http://www.magpie-store.com/shop/) AND Cafepress: Craftster (http://www.cafepress.com/craftster)

dustinac
11-29-2006, 05:33 PM
:!!!: thats awful that they would do that.. and I've already been charged for the shirt :grrr:

I'm sorry that happened to her I just assumed that GG had bought it from Cafe press... :wall:

ETA: I just called CP and asked them why I was charged since it says they don't till it ships.. they say they freeze that amt until it ships.. and that the order won't go through and that the money they froze will be unfroze in about 3-5 business days.... :shrug:

slgn
11-29-2006, 06:04 PM
and that the order won't go through and that the money they froze will be unfroze in about 3-5 business days.... Oh good... a pain in the rear but at least you get your money back soon.

CarmenIbanez
11-29-2006, 06:11 PM
and that the order won't go through and that the money they froze will be unfroze in about 3-5 business days....

That is so UNCOOL!

slgn
11-29-2006, 07:08 PM
That is so UNCOOL!well it sux that the money is frozen - it should be returned earlier but the shop being closed down probably gums up the works as they say. She'll get refunded though and can still buy the real shirt from one of the two other sites.

zkimom
11-29-2006, 09:58 PM
OMG! Did they really name the baby DOULA????

I managed to miss the show!

Oh well!

brendajos
11-29-2006, 11:39 PM
That is so UNCOOL!well it sux that the money is frozen - it should be returned earlier but the shop being closed down probably gums up the works as they say. She'll get refunded though and can still buy the real shirt from one of the two other sites.

Well like I told Dustina earlier, it is likely that it is just an authorization and the authorizations naturally fall off in a few days if the order isn't processed. I doubt that CP actually has "frozen" the money...just bad terminology from a CS rep looking for the easiest way to explain it. :shrug:

dustinac
11-30-2006, 09:42 AM
:rofl: I don't care as long as its back.. and they were easy to talk to and didn't give me a hard time about the money for the shirt.. which really I didn't think they would since they were in the wrong... just made me mad that something like that would happen esp. on my GG show :teehee: they should know better...

itscryttle
12-01-2006, 05:30 PM
OMG! Did they really name the baby DOULA????

I managed to miss the show!

Oh well!

They sure did :rofl:

nadja la claire
12-01-2006, 05:47 PM
I haven't watched it this season. I LIKE LUKE!!!!! :pout: I seems like the Gilmore Girls got snobby and it also became too much of a soap opera. But I am sorry I missed that episode. Oh well maybe in reruns. :verysad:

Nadja xxx