PDA

View Full Version : Southern Maryland Knitters Unite!

Chel
10-29-2006, 11:02 AM
I am located in Southern Maryland, near Waldorf. Any others out there?

Vendie
10-29-2006, 09:08 PM
I'm just on the other side of DC from you in Virginia!

Chel
10-31-2006, 09:25 AM
Well yay!!! :cheering: We should get together!

rennfamily
10-31-2006, 12:10 PM
I'm from Calvert. Good to "see" you. Did you know there is a southern Maryland knitting guild?

OK Too scary I just realized you're working on the same scarf as I am. Except mine is grey.

Chel
11-02-2006, 02:39 PM
:) Well hi there! And no I didn't. I should look into this!

Now rennfamily wouldn't happen to be a RennFest referrence would it?

rennfamily
11-06-2006, 08:55 AM
Wow Do you know us already? We had to change some user names a few years ago and we were just back from the renn fest for the 6/7 time that year and it was the only thing I could think of.

The knitting guild is held the second Tuesday of the month from 6-8 at the new library in Lexington Park. It's alot of fun and all the girls are great. This month the meeting is tomorrow though. They're also talking of doing an all day knit for charity in January.

Chel
11-06-2006, 12:25 PM
:) I am a Renny too! :) Did you hear about the passing of Dan the Master Joyner? So sad.

I should plan to come out. I am in a small knitting group that meets on the first and third Tuesday of the month. :)

rennfamily
11-06-2006, 03:11 PM
I didn't hear about Dan. That's a shame. He did fabulous work!

The knitting guild is a lot of fun. I won't be able to go tomorrow as I have no babysitter for my son.

Did you get to go to stiches? I got some pretty amazing deals.

Chel
11-09-2006, 11:58 AM
I would love to come down for the knitting guild. I have to look at their times as it is an hour trip up and back for me. But I can not imagine a better thing than having knitting time with fabulous knitters!!!

I totally missed stitches. :( I was so disappointed.

I am however going to make the Country Artisans Tour. If you're interested I can give you a link!

rennfamily
11-09-2006, 12:32 PM
Please Link away!! I'm with you on the time for travel thing. We're only a half hour away from the knitting meetings but an hour or more to everything else.

Chel
11-10-2006, 12:44 PM
http://www.countrysideartisans.com/

It looks like it will be a lot of fun. Dancing Pig Pottery is one of the stops.
I invited everyone from my knitting group but my Dodge Neon can only fit 4 comfortably.

Perhaps we can meet up! We are planning on going the 9th of December and late lunch/early dinner will be at the Frederick Cracker Barrell. YUM!!!!!

rennfamily
11-13-2006, 10:01 AM
Thanks for the link! I think we're gonna go but I'll probably go on the 1. My mom and dad are doing Santa and Mrs. Claus at Camden on the 9 and this is the first year I'll be able to go.

Chel
11-13-2006, 08:29 PM
I can't wait to go! I think it will be a great time. The thought of cold air and warm mulled cider just sounds WONDERFUL! :flirt:

Chel
11-13-2006, 08:30 PM
I can't wait to go! I think it will be a great time. The thought of cold air and warm mulled cider just sounds WONDERFUL! :flirt:

rennfamily
11-22-2006, 08:10 AM
We've decided to go on the 9th. There's a class at the yarn store in Lex park I wanted to go to. So poor DH is going to love getting up super early to get up there super early so we can get home in time for him to take a nap before going to work.

How's the scarf going?