PDA

View Full Version : Calling all hogs.. all Arkansas knitters!!

aineepooh1
10-29-2006, 11:41 AM
If you are in or near Arkansas please contact me!!
:cheering: :cheering:

projectgal
10-31-2006, 10:04 AM
No Arkansas knitters? Aineepooh, you did realize that you submitted the query during football season right? You do realize that every Arkansasan's life revolves around football right now? Maybe if you mentioned they could watch the game AND knit during half time? Maybe if you offer a knitting tailgate party? Just a few thoughts, but you are going to have to include football if you expect any responses. :teehee:

Sorry I can't join you! I grew up in Arkansas (Russellville), but only visit once or twice a year. My brother and sister now live in the Fayetteville/Rogers area; I'll wave as I drive through for my Christmas visits.

nancysilky
11-16-2006, 08:55 PM
Hi I llive in Hot Springs. are you anywhere near?
Nancy

HERGRAM
01-13-2007, 05:51 PM
NW AR (Bentonville).

Not many yarn shops around here. Frustrating. Big fan of Yarn Barn on trips to K.C.

Carla1019
02-28-2007, 07:41 PM
I live between fort Smith and little Rock. We used to have a knitting store here but she went out of business. :verysad:

aineepooh1
02-28-2007, 07:44 PM
Hello Hello Hello~!! :cheering: :cheering:

Carla1019
02-28-2007, 07:48 PM
Howdy!!! aineepooh

aineepooh1
03-16-2007, 02:10 AM
Well I just wanted to give you guys an update..I made a post over last w/e about going to my LYS and i was not too impressed. If you come this way they had a nice selection and I guess it depends what do you go ( I went on a Sat ) but the service was ok but I wasn't really impressed...

BUT: I will be going to Missouri soon so if I can find a LYS : i will let you guys know and give ya feedback.. if you're interested~!

Arkie Frannie
05-25-2007, 09:59 AM
Well it only took a year to find ya'll. I'm in Delight but hope to be near DeGray Lake this summer.

Just ran into Yarn mart in Little Rock yesterday to look for sock yarn....very disappointing and expensive!

Jennifer N
05-25-2007, 11:45 AM
I live in Jonesboro.
We had LYS, but it closed.
I usually get my yarn at Hobby Lobby, and sometimes Wal*Mart.

Donnahs
06-06-2007, 06:13 PM
Hello! I am new to this board...I live in Hot Springs. I have found great yarn shops in Fayetteville (Hand Held) and in Little Rock(Yarn Mart). Both are a bit pricy, but I love to splurge every once in a while! I have been knitting off and one my whole life. I hope to pick up some good patterns and good tips here!

ADAllen
06-11-2007, 05:47 PM
Hello Arkansans! Anniepooh just pointed this thread out to me. I'm not a native, but I'm spending some time doing graduate work at UCA. Just wanted to say hello:hug:

Arkanknit
06-12-2007, 05:47 PM
I live in Arkansas and a beginner tho..do I count?

Arkanknit
06-12-2007, 05:49 PM
I live in Fort Smith area. Charleston, AR anyone knit in this area??

aineepooh1
06-27-2007, 02:22 AM
:cheering:WOW~ I haven't checked in here in a while... WOW~ LOOK AT ALL THE BRAND NEW FACES~!:cheering::happydance::cheering::happydance ::cheering::clink::clink::clink:
So happy to have you join us other Arkansas KHers..
I have only been to one LYS ( which I will not name here b/c of another post about how I was not too impressed ) BUT I am sooo looking forward to checking out some LYS..
carla1019 informed me:inlove::inlove::inlove: that there is a LYS in conway~ not to far from my families home..
I AM JUST SO EXCITED TO SEE ALL YOU NEW ARKIE-KNITTERS.. ( I may have just coined a new KH term.~!( I may have borrowed a little from Arkanknit ~)LOL

Just a few facts about me: I live in the Little Rock area and I have two furbabies .. both felines. I work full time and go to school and most days I am VERY tired.. I started knitting last summer as a way to keep my mind busy and my hands out of the refrigerator after a TERRIBLE year last year. Thankfully, things are looking up and much brighter this year and I am THOROUGHLY enjoying my summer break from school~!
Welcome again~!
Ainee
Please feel free to post here or PM me to tell us all about you~:notworthy::notworthy:

ADAllen
06-27-2007, 07:27 AM
The only LYS in Conway that I know of is Bella Lana (http://www.bellalana.net/). Since I've just started knitting, I've only been there a couple times, but it seemed nice and the owner has been very helpful. I really hope you get a chance to check it out, and if you hear of another one, let me know!

aineepooh1
06-27-2007, 03:45 PM
YEP~ I do believe that's the one she was talking about... AND my GF said she would like to go check out some of LYS... :inlove::cheering::inlove::cheering:.. this is a HUGE deal b/c she is TIGHT with $$$$$$$

ADAllen
07-01-2007, 11:57 AM
So what's up with Hobby Lobby? Are any of you in the Conway area noticing the evaporating yarn at HL? I went to the yarn isle on Thursday and it was full of fall/thanksgiving decorations. Are they moving the yarn somewhere else or are they getting rid of it? It seems like it has all been on sale since I started knitting.

aineepooh1
07-01-2007, 06:02 PM
I dunno about conway but the NLR store did that recently.. they marked a lot of the yarn as clearance and moved it all around ~ but.. they also have rearranged the store and now they the yarn in a new location with 2 or 3 new brands ( one is from vanna white? :shrug:and the other is HL own brand of red:heart: SS that is MUCH softer than the real SS ..

Carla1019
07-13-2007, 02:54 PM
My HL here in Russellville, did the same thing. I went in there and they had most of the yarn in basket moving it around. after about a week I went back..

Hopping for something new and exciting.:yay:. Nope, instead of 3 alis (sp) they went to 2.:shrug: They got rid of some ribbion yarn that I was using, I thought I had enough of it so I didn't buy any more. I went there about a week ago to see if they still had any in the clearance bins,, They had the brand but not the color I was wanting.. The best part, I run into the "everything dollar" store and they had my yarn.. for a dollar:happydance::happydance:

Have they not heard that Knitting is the New craftxxxxxxxxx

ADAllen
07-13-2007, 03:38 PM
Our HL movedit all, and I found it the other day. (It really wasn't that far away it was just in a corner I never go to. I felt a little silly) I went in there looking for CottonTots but they didn't have any so I'm not sure if the selection is going down or what. I ended up just ordering it from Joanns online.

aineepooh1
07-20-2007, 12:50 AM
HEY GUYS~ Are any of you interested in joining a Stitch n Bitch knit/crochet group?
Just wondered b/c a friend of mine who crochets ( I just learned how to and just love how fast it is) ~ we were wondering would anyone like to join up and knit/crochet together...?
Let me know~
Ainee

ADAllen
07-20-2007, 12:56 AM
Is having read Stitch n Bitch required? Would you have to work on SnB projects? or is it just a get together. I might be interested.

I say that now, but in a month when my classes start up again, I might not have the time. So, I suppose you probably shouldn't count me as a regular, but if there was something going on regularly, I would show up when papers and tests allow.

aineepooh1
07-20-2007, 01:02 AM
NOPE~ SnB projects are NOT required.. You CAN work on them if you want to.... it's basically just a good excuse for a bunch of knitters, crocheters, and yarn lovers to get together~!:thumbsup: You can work on anything you want to~!:hug:

mrssprat
08-18-2007, 05:27 PM
Houston here, blink and you'll miss us. Between Morrilton and Conway. No LYS here, only lot's and lot's of cows....

Carla1019
08-18-2007, 07:07 PM
Hello Mrssprat, Wecome to the Ark area,, and to KH. It is great here.

Just in case you don't know there is a LYS in Conway in the downtown area. I have only been there twice and so far they are supper nice. There is also one in LR.

aineepooh1
08-27-2007, 11:51 PM
Just wanted to give you guys and update... my GF and I are going to (soon) be starting up a knit/crochet group.. we have narrowed the names down to 2 or 3... it will be in North Little Rock once a month~~

If you are interested please post here or pm me...
thanks
ainee

Carla1019
08-28-2007, 10:07 AM
That sounds great. I don't think I would beable to met every month but but every other month, I might beable to do.:blooby:

aineepooh1
08-28-2007, 06:42 PM
:thumbsup::cheering::cheering::cheering:

aineepooh1
09-10-2007, 01:40 PM
Just an update~ we had our first crochet/knit meeting Saturday~ We are the YARN DOLLS~

we met at the Golden Corral in NLR and had a blast~ It is SO MUCH FUN to talk about crochet/knitting and YARN~ we talked about our next meeting Oct6 at Michaels in NLR. Anyone is welcome.. we discussed making hats for the Knitters(crocheters) for Noggins Campaign at Children's~
anyone is welcome who would like to attend~:waving:

You just don't know how much fun you MISSED~:passedout:
:hug:
ainee

Carla1019
09-10-2007, 04:59 PM
I would love to come..My DD has a Soccer Tournment going on that weekend so it will bepend on how tired I am .:passedout:

Michaels is going to let you in to have a get-together? :happydance:Wow that is nice if they let you do that.

Ainee-- what time?:shrug:

aineepooh1
09-10-2007, 08:55 PM
11 am was our meeting time ~ it should be the same for meeting #2:waving:

aineepooh1
10-10-2007, 12:16 PM
Just wanted to let the Arkieknitters know that our knitting/crochet group.. The Yarn Dolls will (http://will) be at Children's Hospital Sunday to donate for the Knitting for Noggins Campaign~

Please feel free to join us~!:clink:

ainee

ADAllen
10-10-2007, 05:32 PM
Aww that is wonderful. I'll be in Memphis for a friend's wedding, but it is great to see that the Yarn Dolls are going strong.

Carla1019
10-13-2007, 10:52 PM
I got this e-mail from the conway store, Thought I would :noway:share with you.:noway:
I have come to the decision that I need to close Bella Lana Knitting at the end of October. What knitting shop wouldn’t want to be in the same building with a bookstore that is run by a devoted knitter. To this end, I need to sell our inventory and move everything out as quickly as possible. Beginning Saturday October 13th at 11:00 all of our yarn, patterns, and books will be 50% off, (except for our new yarn= 30% off) and our needles will be 30% off.
BELLA SALE STARTS
SATURDAY OCTOBER 13TH
BELLA SALE ENDS
SATURDAY OCTOBER 27
ADJUSTED SALE HOURS
MONDAY OCT. 15 /22 CLOSED
TUESDAT OCT 16/23 CLOSED
WEDNESDAY OCT 17/24 11:00-5:00
THURSDAY OCT 18/25 12:00-7:00
FRIDAY OCT 19/26 11:00-5:00
SATURDAY OCT 20/27 11:00-4:00
THE SHOP IS CLOSED EVERY WEEKDAY FROM 3:00-4:00 SO THAT
I CAN PICK UP MARGARET from school

ADAllen
10-14-2007, 01:14 PM
Oh my goodness :( I got that email, but I wasn't able to open her attachment on my home computer. I know she has been running into a lot of hard luck lately. I hope everything will be ok.

aineepooh1
10-14-2007, 07:30 PM
Carla 1019 and ADAllen

I just got back from knitting for noggins at children's. It was fun! There was a good turnout and they received over

19,000 hats~:passedout: .. awesome. They had free snacks, pops, bottled water and cookies, crackers. All the news stations were there videotaping folks knitting... it was fun.~
I wish you guys could of been there~!:biting:

as far as bella lana.. I spoke to her today about it and she said the main cause was b/c her daughter is chronically ill and she is having more medical troubles right now. She told us today that she loves her store.. but "I am a mom first":hug::hug::hug:
I just hate it though b/c our crochet group just met her last month and we had just made friends with her~!:pout:

I guess we will be visiting more yarn shops... there are links to all the ones in Arkansas on the Yarn dolls blogspot: I guess we will be visiting ( maybe) The Handworks Gallery next~

Carla1019
10-14-2007, 09:19 PM
She didn't say why she was closing the store,, So sorry to hear about her Daughter. I am going to try to make it the the store Wednesday or Thursday.

ON a different note. It looks like I might be moving to Mississippi by the end of the school year. My DH got his dream job. DD and I are not to happy about moving. I have lived here since 1977.. This is home to me. It is the only house my kids know. My son is in his first year of College. and my DD is in the 9th grade. She is going to miss her Friends. It should be easier for her with MSN and texting.. and we will only be about 5 hours away. we can come back. My Mom and Dad live here also. My Mother is my best friend. that is going to be hard on me.

I have been trying to google a yarn shop but can't find one yet. I might have to ask "Braden"...."Formerly known as Contiknitter". He lives about 30 min away from where we are going to be moving to.

kelleymcdonald
10-16-2007, 10:02 AM
I am in Booneville...on Hwy 10 between Fort Smith and Little Rock.....just waving hi!

ADAllen
10-16-2007, 10:42 AM
Hey Kelley!

aineepooh1
10-16-2007, 01:08 PM
welcome kelly~:clink:

carla we're gonna miss YOU~!!:pout:

Carla1019
10-16-2007, 01:55 PM
Hello Kelley. I live(or will have USED to) in Russellville, Welcome to our small home here on KH.

Aineepooh.. At least I won't be gone from KH just the Arkansas home page here. But I might have to still poke:poke: in here to see what is going on.

aineepooh1
10-18-2007, 12:20 AM
Please do~!:inlove:

cwn
10-21-2007, 04:03 AM
I live between Little Rock and a small town called Bryant. I meet with other knitters at a branch library twice a week for two hours. I am a beginner knitter.
On Columbus Day, we visited a yarn shop called "Knitting Unto Others." It is located in Arkadelphia. The owner there talked to us about the many yarns there. A lovely building and a porch swing outside. Some inported yarns and needles. Some yarns are pricey. I got some bamboo needles.
We had a good time and had lunch at a resturant run by handicapped persons(or was it served by them) anyway, it was good food without spending a lot of money. I think it is called the "Rainbow Bee."

Before I joined the knitting class, they went to that yarn shop in Conway.

cwn

aineepooh1
10-22-2007, 12:38 AM
welcome cwn~!:cheering::cheering::cheering:

so glad to have you here~! I am also a member of a knitter/crocheter group ~ The Yarn Dolls~( we started in Aug and we are having a blast~!!).. anyhoo.. the yarn shop in conway is called Bella Lana and will be closing soon:wall::wall:. but I have never heard of the one in Arkadelphia but that sounds like a GREAT shop.. I love the idea of a front porch to knit/crochet on~!:heart::heart::heart: That is awesome...please feel free to join our KH forum here.. we love having you here~!!:waving:

ainee:waving:

29ways
10-30-2007, 11:19 AM
If you are in or near Arkansas please contact me!!
:cheering: :cheering:
Hi Anniepooh - I'm going to be visiting AR Nov. 3 - Nov. 7th, to visit my father. He is in the Mountain Home area.....

cwn
11-04-2007, 08:39 AM
I have found the business card of the yarn shop my knitting class went to on Columbus Day.

It is called Knit Unto Others it is in Arkadelphia and the phone number there is:
870-245-7520 the address is 323 Main Street.

I hope this helps if you want to visit.

cwn

aineepooh1
11-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Thanks cwn~!!:hug:

sorantes123
11-05-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm glad I found your thread! I lived there for the better part of my real childhood, Not a better place anywhere to be raised! :yay: My grandparents lived in Kensett, near Searcy.
I lived in Kensett, Benton, HOt Springs, and LIttle Rock. At the time, in the late 50's, every time a new Piggley Wiggley was built, we moved. My Dad was the Meat Market Manager for them, so we moved for each and every new store. It was hard moving around as a child but I still miss Arkansas. I still have a lot of relatives there but I haven't been back since I was in my late teens.
I live in California now. It's OK. I couldn't understand why the people here weren't friendly when we moved here in 1961 and I wanted to go HOME.
I still consider Arkansas HOME, though I was born out here, I'm an Arkie at heart! :hug:

I love knitting and crocheting. Taught myself after an unsuccessful attempt at Yarn Shop lessons. :shrug: Been doing both for about 46 years, since about 11.
I will continue to read this thread and feel "connected' to HOME. Thanks so much for being there and here on KF.
Sharon, the Knitting GMA

Matdredalia
11-06-2007, 02:56 AM
Hi folks...

I'm new to the site and to knitting. However, I really, really enjoy it.

This is the first place I've popped into, and I was quite surprised to see Arkansas knitters at the top of the forum. Apparently there are more of us than I thought!

Anyways, I just wanted to drop in and say hi. I'm in the Mountain Home area (Flippin, to be precise). Anyways, add another AR knitter to the roster!

Carla1019
11-06-2007, 09:48 AM
Welcome ladies, This is a great place. You learn so much and make so many friends.
sorantes123, I am getting ready to move.. :noway: But I told my DH that at least it was still in the south, where eveyone is friendly and talke the same way as we do:teehee: .. You are more them welcome to come in here and stay for as long as you want.

Matdredalia, Glad to have you. I bet the leafs are pretty up where you are at. they are just turning here.

Matdredalia
11-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Welcome ladies, This is a great place. You learn so much and make so many friends.
sorantes123, I am getting ready to move.. :noway: But I told my DH that at least it was still in the south, where eveyone is friendly and talke the same way as we do:teehee: .. You are more them welcome to come in here and stay for as long as you want.

Matdredalia, Glad to have you. I bet the leafs are pretty up where you are at. they are just turning here.

Oh yes! They're bright reds and oranges, it's amazing. (Fall is my favorite season for just this reason!). I really wish I Had a decent digital camera so I could take some pictures so I could have it all year round, hehe.

I'm originally from Pennsylvania, and while I know this might not make much sense....AR & PA are both home to me. I'm connected to PA because of it's culture and it's people, but to AR because of it's land and the fact that the closest parts of my family are here.

I live in the middle of the Boston Mountain woods, and right now I'm looking out my back windows into forest as far as the eyes can see. Eventually, college & my career are going to take me away from here, and while I'll miss my family the most, the scenery is a close second. There's nothing like walking out your front door into crunching golden leaves, and looking up and seeing the most beautiful colors imaginable. Nature is an incredible artist.

Honestly, if I could knit anything, I'd want to knit an afghan that looks like it does outside right now.

Thanks for the welcome, and sorry for babbling. I could go on for hours about the scenery :)

aineepooh1
11-12-2007, 01:54 AM
Welcome ladies~ we are so glad to have you here. There are some wonderful Arkie knitters here on KH. That is interesting that you mentioned Kensett... my aunt raised my cousins there~! I remember the Piggly Wiggly too~!:aww: Home is a state of mind as well as a physical location but we are glad to have you both here.~~:waving: :waving: :waving:

Carla1019~ we are gonna miss you so MUCH~! when are you leaving us?:shrug:

sorantes123
11-12-2007, 03:40 AM
When I lived in Kensett there were only two stores, one on each side of the tracks. My aunts store was one of them, Pryors Market. The tracks of the DK&E ended at their back door. I always called it the dinkie when I was little, thats how my ears interpreted DK&E. Funny how that I remember that. When were they raised there? I lived there during the tornado that hit and leveled Judsonia. Was that 53 or 54, I don't remember. I was little. But I did finish either Kindergarten or 1st grade there. Probably 1st and then 2nd there too. Third in Benton, 4th in Hot Springs and part of 5th. I'm surprised that I'm remembering all this non-essential stuff! But I sure did LOVE Arkansas. :aww: ;) I hope to read about more of you Arkie Knitters!

Carla1019
11-12-2007, 09:15 AM
I will be here until the end of the school year... but will also be HERE.. I will keep "calling the hog" as one of my favorite places to visited.

Gwynth
03-19-2009, 12:27 PM
Anyone else?:woot:

krisg
03-28-2009, 07:56 PM
I will soon be moving back to Harrison, AR from Southern Illinois. Anyone from Harrison knitting? I found one good yarn shop in Springfield, MO. Any you know of in Fayetteville/Springdale? I would love to find a knitting group to join. I've been knitting for about 5 months. Am currently knitting socks.:knitting: