PDA

View Full Version : This is a crazy project! (and one normal one)

newamy
10-30-2006, 07:28 PM
So I have a 10 year old neice who very much admired my booga bag. We also had a heavy discussion about her favorite colors. So I decided for Christmas to make her a felted tote bag in her favorite colors- you know for books, or going to grandmas, or keeping her own crafty things in. So I chose the Suki bag from Knitty.com. This thing is huge! If you want a big tote bag this is the one. The whole time I was knitting it it seemed as though I was knitting a skirt. So here are pictures of it pre-felted- measured 24" long. And blocking, it is 18" long. The instructions do say it is this big, but I just didn't picture it like this!!! I find this absolutely crazy. Oh, I used cascade 220 and Lion Brand Fun Fur for the trim.

For another neice I made a hat and mittens out of Lornas Laces Childs Play. They are so soft and pretty. The colors on the monitor don't do it justice.

Jan in CA
10-30-2006, 08:36 PM
I LOVE the hat and mittens set! :inlove: That bag is pretty, too!

Amber
10-30-2006, 09:23 PM
Pretty! I absolutely love the mittens and hat! :heart: And, the bag looks great -- I'm sure your niece will be thrilled!

gardenmommy
10-30-2006, 10:48 PM
:cheering: :cheering: Great projects! I love purple and green together!

And the hat and mittens are so darling too!

rebecca
10-31-2006, 11:46 AM
I love all of them :cheering:

meg
10-31-2006, 11:52 AM
i love it! the bag is so cute!

Andrea
10-31-2006, 12:12 PM
That Suki bag is one of my favorite patterns...I still haven't made one!

Everything is GORGEOUS! :cheering:

mrs desert rain
10-31-2006, 12:37 PM
Nice work! Your nieces will :heart: them!

nonny2t
10-31-2006, 01:21 PM
Very very nice! The way you have the bag sitting upside down looks like a huge hat for the Cat in the Hat! :rofl: She will love the tote bag as little girls always seem to have tons of stuff to carry around and though they go through a teen period of what I call the "minus" handbag or purses (ones that are so small they are almost a minus size) they seem to pick back up with carrying all kinds of junk in middle age mostly to appease grandchildren and spouses that need or want some object or other! Faye

CindyH
10-31-2006, 04:07 PM
I love the hat and mitten set! So cheerful!