PDA

View Full Version : Glendale/La Crescenta, CA area knitters

susanc
10-30-2006, 07:49 PM
Hi all:

I was just wondering if there were any knitters or knitting groups out there in the Glendale/La Crescenta area of Southern California. I don't know any other knitters in my area. :verysad: I know you must be out there! Let me know if you are! Thanks!

jolenel
10-30-2006, 08:38 PM
I used to be in your area (Pasadena) but am not anymore! Doubly unfortunately, I'm also new to the knitting community and don't know of any knitting groups there. :doh:

But, my boyfriend lives in west LA & is pretty close to the valley, so if there are groups that meet around there on the weekends, I would love to meet other knitters out there too. :muah:

susanc
10-30-2006, 09:55 PM
Sounds good! :waving:

RooGirl
01-09-2007, 11:45 PM
I'm in Burbank. That's close to Glendale!

susanc
01-10-2007, 12:06 PM
Hi RooGirl! That is very close to Glendale. I'm actually in La Crescenta, so you're just over the Verdugo Mountains! Where do you shop for your knitting supplies? I got an email a while ago saying that "Emmaline's" in Glendale closed. It was a nice yarn shop. It's so sad to see independent yarn shops go out of business. :verysad: We're lucky because we have several places we can shop though. :cheering:

Jan in CA
01-10-2007, 03:39 PM
, so you're just over the Verdugo Mountains!

Okay this is random, but when I saw this I had to comment. My SIL is married to guy who is a Verdugo and his family is the one the mountains/hills were named after as well as the street. His family had one of the first land grants in CA.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.... :teehee:

RooGirl
01-10-2007, 04:33 PM
Hiya. Well, honestly, I just got back into knitting. I never had time before with both full time work and school. Now that I've graduated and have more free time I've jumped back in!

Mostly, I shop at Michael's. In the next few weeks I'm going to be scouting out the valley and surrounding areas for other places. I want to say I saw a sewing and knitting store near Riverside Dr. and Burbank Blvd. But I may be mistaken. I'll keep you posted on my findings!

susanc
01-10-2007, 09:31 PM
, so you're just over the Verdugo Mountains!

Okay this is random, but when I saw this I had to comment. My SIL is married to guy who is a Verdugo and his family is the one the mountains/hills were named after as well as the street. His family had one of the first land grants in CA.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.... :teehee:

That's amazing Jan! Yes, they were quite a prominent family in this area.

RooGirl: You're right! There is a store Unwind in Burbank just up from Providence/St. Joseph's Hospital in Burbank. The address is: 818 N. Hollywood Way and their phone is (818)840-0800. I know of some other shops: Needle in a Haystack in Montrose on Honolulu is good; Skein at 1101 E. Walnut St. in Pasadena (626)577-2035; Unraveled at 137 E. Colorado Blvd., Monrovia (626)256-6777. I do a lot of my shopping at Michaels too, but I try to buy from my LYS if at all possible, especially needles and special yarns. JoAnn's in Glendale has an okay yarn selection too. I like Michael's and Joanns because of their coupons.

Have fun checking out the shops. Let me know if you need any help.

Keep in touch!

Susan