PDA

View Full Version : Gauntknits (my own pattern)

Friskums
11-02-2006, 10:29 PM
Here's the fingerless glove pattern I wrote up for my brother. Nothing big or fancy, so no wonder Knitty said no. Oh well. D liked them. That's all I wanted. :)

http://www.ekittie.com/images/knitting/gauntknitsani.gif

The few rows of ribbing at the beginning of the pattern tend to flip under the reverse stockinette, which I find just makes the "bands" stand out a little more.

FINISHED MEASUREMENTS
Width: 4 inches (at widest point)
Length: 13 inches

MATERIALS
[MC] Dark Horse Yarns Fantasy[50% Acrylic/50% Nylon ; 205yds per 100g skein]; color:38; Less than 1 skein
[I actually got one full pair and one pair starting from the 9 rounds of reverse stockinette.]
2 US #9 circular needle of any length (I used 16-inches because its less needle flopping around. 2 different lengths will work just fine too.)

GAUGE
18 sts/26 rows = 4" in stockinette stitch

PATTERN NOTES
These gloves are worked in the round on two circular needles. They are knit identical and can be worn interchangeably. I've listed one size, because it fits my little hands, but also fit one of the guys at work who is a very large man. Although, if you'd like a looser fit, casting on a few more stitches would work just fine as well (as long as it is divisible by 4 so the ribbing lines up.)
The silhouette measurements are flat and unstretched.

PATTERN
Gloves: (Make 2)
CO 36 sts. Divide stitches evenly on needles and join to work in the round.
First Round: [K2, P2] to end.
Repeat this round 3 times.

Work 10 rounds in reverse stockinette.

Work 7 rounds in stockinette.

Work 9 rounds in reverse stockinette.

Work 7 rounds in stockinette.

Next round: Purl all sts.
Decrease Row: P1, p2tog, p to end of 1st needle, turn work, P1, p2tog, p to end of round.
Repeat these 2 rounds 3 times. 28 sts.
--Note: Measure your/wearer's wrist to get ideal fit. If you need to decrease less, that is fine. Just make sure there is a total of 8 rounds of reverse stockinette.--

Next round: Knit all sts.
Increase 2 sts every 7 rounds twice.
Next round: Knit all sts. 32 sts.

Next round: --DO NOT JOIN--

Work 8 rows flat in stockinette stitch (make sure to end with a knit row)

Next round: --JOIN--

Work 8 rounds in stockinette.

Work across to last 3 sts. Place them and the last 3 sts from second needle (last 6 sts total) on waste yarn or stitch holder.
Rejoin round and knit to end of round. 26 sts.
Work 2 rounds in stockinette.

Index Finger:
Work across first 5 stitches. Place last 16 sts (last 8 from each needle) on waste yarn or stitch holder (seperate from other 6).
Rejoin and knit to end of round. 10 sts.
Work 3 rounds in 1x1 rib.
BO very loosely.

Middle Finger:
Take next 4 sts from waste yarn, skip 8, and place last 4 sts back onto needles. Pick up and knit 2 sts from index finger, one on each needle. Rejoin and knit to end of round. 10 sts.
BO very loosely.

Ring finger:
Put last 8 sts on this waste yarn evenly on needles. Pick up and knit 2 sts from middle finger, one on each needle.
Rejoin and knit to end of round. 10 sts.
BO very loosely.

Put the 6 sts from other waste yarn back on the needles evenly. Pick up and knit 2 sts from ring finger, one on each needle.
Rejoin and knit to end of round. 8 sts.
BO very loosely.

FINISHING
Use left over tails to sew up any holes between the fingers. Weave in remaining stitches.

[I used the duplicate stitch to put a yellow tri-force on the back of the hands, but neglected to take pictures. You can easily add some embellishments to these.]

Jenelle
11-02-2006, 11:31 PM
Those are cute!

Now I found a perfect pattern for fingerless gloves for a friend. :cheering:

Amber
11-02-2006, 11:40 PM
Very cool!

Friskums
11-03-2006, 09:50 AM
Thanks. ^_^