PDA

View Full Version : Booga Bag

ChristineDoucet
11-03-2006, 11:36 AM
Hi
I want to start knitting a booga bag.
I was wondering if there is any yarn that I could use other then the nory kureyon.
Are there any good felting yarns sold at Michaels and or walmart???
Another question..
If I want the bag to look like the noro kureyon yarn, will I have to change yarn color every so often to make the blocks of color. I'm scared that If i buy yarn that changes color from Michaels it will change too often and not make the thick layers of color.
Not sure if that makes sens hehehehe
Thank anyway
Christine

mwedzi
11-03-2006, 12:02 PM
Michael's may sell Paton's Soy Wool Stripes, which felts and which stripes similar to Noro, I think. If you want to do the striping yourself, you can use Paton's Classic Merino, and that's usually available at Michael's too.

Louine
11-03-2006, 02:48 PM
You can find good yarn to felt -----i like plymouth wool (out back is reasonable priced most places)---especially if you don't insist on self striping.....I have used the booga pattern for solids and variegated yarns and am always please with the results.

Chrissie
11-03-2006, 08:17 PM
I'm thinking about making a Booga Bag with Lambs Pride wool in a few different colors and just randomly striping it as I go along....I could just carry the colors along the WS, I think, because they would just felt right it. Otherwise I might get some more Patons SWS in the Natural Plum or Natural Green (or both....why not?) and work with that.

Louine
11-04-2006, 09:43 AM
That sounds great....I have used Lamb Pride wool for felting and it felts beautifully ......just be carefull....it felts a little more quickly than some wools I have tried....