PDA

View Full Version : Wavy Scarf from Knitty

cara
11-03-2006, 03:09 PM
Here is my WIP on the Wavy Scarf (http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter04/PATTwavy.html) for my mom for Christmas. As I mentioned in an earlier thread, she wants it in white so I wanted her to be able to wash it lots, thus I am using Paton's Decor. So far so good.

However, I am doing a gift swap with several of my good friends and I want to knit a scarf for one of them in chocolate brown with a nice alpaca or something and I was wondering if the Wavy pattern would work. I'm thinking that the texture wouldn't be as 'stiff' and might not hold as nicely in such a soft yarn. What do you think? should I opt for the scruchable or something instead?

rebecca
11-03-2006, 03:38 PM
It's lovely! :cheering:
I would think that the pattern would be okay, I've not knit a lot with alpaca, I'm sure that others who have will have a more informed opinion.

Petals
11-03-2006, 03:48 PM
That sure is pretty. I like the color--very classy. :thumbsup: Since the pattern calls for Cascade 220, I don't see any reason it wouldn't knit up nicely in a softer yarn--keeping close to the gauge and needle size. That is just my opinion though :D

nadja la claire
11-03-2006, 04:12 PM
Very nice :thumbsup: I really like that pattern. I wonder what that would look like in a mans scarf made with KP Elegance :??

Nadja xxx