PDA

View Full Version : Looking For Hermione Sweater Pattern

knitme
11-04-2006, 03:30 PM
I have been looking for a Hermione Sweater pattern the one she wore in POA after the Quiddich Match. I tried searching for more photos and this is what I came up with. If you know of a pattern , please let me know.

mod squad was here (resize photo)

hapagirl
11-07-2006, 06:19 PM
I'd love the pattern too!

juneko74
11-08-2006, 05:54 AM
This is the closest I found, but there's another one also which is very pretty

sorry... it's all I found

mod squad was here (photo resize)

Compulsive
11-08-2006, 12:29 PM
close, but no cigar:

http://aww.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=58995&subsectionname=craftclassics

If you could change the neckline, add a ribbed bottom to waist & sleeves, and reconfigure stripe size, it may work though.

If you use the yarn required for the linked sweater, the smallest stripe is made up of two rows before changing to next color.

I'd give it a try.

Shandeh
11-11-2006, 11:49 PM
I know this is COMPLETELY off-topic, but I have always wondered why the robes disappeared from all the students after the first or second year? It just disappointed me a little bit to see some of the "magic" gone.

Chrissie
11-14-2006, 09:52 AM
Continuing the off-topicness....

I was mad about that too...They make such a big deal in the books about wizards always wearing robes and some of them having trouble trying to dress like Muggles. I was also looking forward to seeing all of the dress robes for the girls at the Christmas Ball in GoF. But they looked like just dresses. :(

Shandeh
11-14-2006, 11:46 AM
Exactly. They didn't stay true to the book at all about clothing. I was mad.

knitme
11-14-2006, 11:52 AM
About Off Topic: I agree totally with all of you when I was too disappointed that they got rid of the robes. I think the actors/creators got tired of the wardrobe and wanted to wear normal clothing, that is, only approved when they are out of classrooms. I remember Emma Watson saying, "finally hermione is wearing jeans!" So I guess as the movies/books progress, the 2 worlds of wizards and muggles are supposed to clash together. That's my theory

As for the sweater pattern: Thank you very much for that. However I am very new at making sweaters, how is the design on Hermione's neckline made according to how it looks in the photo, do you think?

Thanks for the photo reference, that's perfect!

If anyone can find the pattern for the jacket there posted, that'll be great.

And one more thing, if anyone ever does developed or found a more closer pattern for any of these, please post :)

Chrissie
11-14-2006, 01:56 PM
http://www.mugglenet.com/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=12744&fullsize=1

mugglenet.com has lots of images in the gallery....I didn't find one with the first sweater but here is the other in a large size....looks like the design would be pretty easy to chart and put on a different hoodie pattern.

knitme
11-23-2006, 12:35 PM
That is a very good photo of this, I hope someone can mock up a pattern for us.

Jan in CA
11-23-2006, 12:58 PM
I hope someone can mock up a pattern for us.

Writing a pattern is a long process for something like a sweater. I think your best bet is to find a similar pattern and just stripe it.