PDA

View Full Version : Southwestern Ontario??

furley
11-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Anyone near Windsor? I'd love to start a group here!

Krystal
11-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Wow, weird coincidence! My first time checking out this part of the forum and sure enough, I am indeed from Windsor!

Hello! :hug:

furley
11-06-2006, 05:29 PM
Very cool! how long have you been knitting? I've been for about 3 years but really got hooked this year. I swear, I have dreams of yarn! my husband thinks I'm nuts. I guess he could be right when I say I want to figure out how to knit and drive! so much wasted time!

Krystal
11-06-2006, 06:25 PM
haha, I have been knitting only since September (i think that's when I started) learned everything from Amy's videos and I am beyond hooked. I have dreams of knitting all the time, so many times I wake up half asleep doing the motions of knitting and then I search the bed for my yarn till my boyfriend tells me to go back to sleep.

If we are nuts, I really don't mind.

Emeraldcutie
11-09-2006, 12:51 AM
Hi Ladies

Iam located in London, Ontario. :)

I haven't met anyone on here even remotly close to me..:)

Laura

Evelynne
11-20-2006, 03:32 PM
Hello!

Laura, I also live in London, Ontario. I learned to knit when I still lived in Vancouver, BC. I go to London Yarns in Hyde park for most of my yarn and I have also taken several classes there. Last week I attended a class on Blocking which was *excellent* and well worth the money!

Krystal and Furley - what are the yarn shops like in Windsor? I will be travelling through there in another month or so. Is there a a store well worth dropping in at?

Thanks!

Evelynne

parelyzed
11-24-2006, 01:58 AM
I'm from just outside of Windsor (20 -30min) and I actually JUST started knitting yesterday lol. I can do straight rows, and lots of em lol, but that's about it for now

Krystal
12-31-2006, 08:40 PM
Hello!

Laura, I also live in London, Ontario. I learned to knit when I still lived in Vancouver, BC. I go to London Yarns in Hyde park for most of my yarn and I have also taken several classes there. Last week I attended a class on Blocking which was *excellent* and well worth the money!

Krystal and Furley - what are the yarn shops like in Windsor? I will be travelling through there in another month or so. Is there a a store well worth dropping in at?

Thanks!

Evelynne

ahh sorry for the late reply... But I found this thread again.... woot.

Anyways, Aside from Walmart and Micheals there are 2 yarn shops on Ottawa street, (both like a block or so away from each other) I haven't been to either one yet, but I haven't had the chance or any cash to do so.

Info recieved from : Wool Works Ontario Yarn Shop List (http://www.woolworks.org/stores/on.html) -great list for alllll the cities!

Knit One Purl One
1674 Ottawa Street
Windsor ON
N8Y 1R1
519-973-4606
We have a large selection of designer yarns from Debbie Bliss, Noro, Naturally, Trendsetter, Sirdar, Elsebeth Lavold, and many more.

Prattes Knitting Boutique
1949 Ottawa Street
Windsor, ON N8Y 1R6
+1 (519) 256 4772
Owner: Marianne M. Prattes, B.A.
Don't let the name fool you, Marianne is an expert crocheter and has loads of information on crochet as well as knitting. Large selection of yarns and thread, patterns, books, pamphlets, hooks, needles and supplies. Prattes Knitting Boutique carries everything from exotic fibres to more common brands.[/url]

Emeraldcutie
01-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Hi Evelynne

I have been trying to reach you :) by email, I hope the emails aren't going into the spam folder :)

I was wondering if you wanted to see the Yarn harlot Tuesday Night in Kitchener with me :)

Let me know

Laura

dugsladyp
01-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Hi All,

Nice to see other Ontario knitters here! I live in Meaford Ontario, which is in between Collingwood and Owen Sound right on the Georgian Bay. I have been knitting for what seems like forever and love it!

We are lucky to have a great knitting store in our town, and a nice new one has opened up in Owen Sound as well. Well not so lucky for my budget!

Nice to meet you all!!

Patricia

Emeraldcutie
01-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Thanks for the tip. My SIL just bought a house in Walkerton and we always go to Owen sound in the summer to visit her. Yet another place to blow my budget..lol

Welcome to the board :)

horseluv9
02-03-2007, 06:19 PM
Is there any one near mildmay(it is near walkerton)

iheartknitting
02-04-2007, 01:09 PM
Hi, I'm just outside London, Ont. I have been knitting for a short while & taught myself to knit socks. I'm hooked now.

Emeraldcutie
02-04-2007, 09:57 PM
Hi:)

I haven't gone to that one yet, Iam stuck at work till 8pm on thursdays. I know the London Knitting Guild meets on the second Tuesday each month on Richmond at the Robinson Memorial Church at 7pm.

I like to take my knitting to chapters and grab a coffee to just get some peace and quiet.

If you ever need help or want to meet up for coffee just holler Iam always lurking somewhere around here..:)

BTW welcome to the family..

iheartknitting
02-05-2007, 10:52 AM
:) Thank you for the nice welcome emeraldcutie. I have sent you a pm.

Royal.Fortress
02-16-2007, 12:12 PM
I'm in Hamilton, anybody else?

Emeraldcutie
02-16-2007, 11:38 PM
Big Wave, Iam over yonder in London :)

Curlykat
02-24-2007, 01:34 PM
Royal.Fortress, I think I'm probably the closest to you - I'm in Fort Erie. Anyone else down my way???

tab
02-24-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm pretty close too, in Kitchener.

Carmell
04-09-2007, 08:56 AM
Hi, I'm just outside London, Ont. I have been knitting for a short while & taught myself to knit socks. I'm hooked now.

Laura and Evelynne, do you ever go to the knitting group on Thursdays at London Yarns in Hyde Park? I think I might start.

Kathy

I was wondering if someone could give me some information on these knitting groups. I never knew such a thing existed. I sure could use some help since I am very new to the knitting world. Do these groups have open memberships? Can I just drop in or do I have to register with a fee? Any infromation would be appreciated. Thanks
C

iheartknitting
04-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Carmell, I will pm you with a link to this drop in knitting group.

:)

Darski
05-24-2007, 07:48 AM
Royal.Fortress, I think I'm probably the closest to you - I'm in Fort Erie. Anyone else down my way???

I am in Welland, but I never think of that as being close to Fort Erie at least not on foot :lol: (what? no wlol smilie ?)

I can't seem to find people willing to get together for a knit or crochet group around here.

chan58
05-24-2007, 03:30 PM
Hi Emeraldcutie & Evelynne : I am from London too!!! I have wanted to attend some classes or get togethers at my local library but they haven't had any classes in the one near me, I tried going to the one at Central up town but I only went once and felt out of place as everyone had at least 1 friend and I really want to learn to finish projects I have started and not just chat and knit. Know of any places here in the city like that?
Diane

Avril
06-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Hi folks. (Especially if you are from London)
I am looking for some people to knit with in the summer - I'm finding it a little tricky to track down people who want to meet in the evening reasonably frequently. Suggestions? Or interest in starting a group??
Knitting love for all
Avril

iheartknitting
06-06-2007, 07:03 AM
Diane and Avril, I have sent you a pm.
I am also interested in a knitting group.

chan58
06-15-2007, 05:20 PM
Just read your note :)

Maltesecross
10-14-2007, 04:52 PM
I wonder what happened to this thread. I'm not far from Windsor. I'm in Essex to be exact. There's a small group I get together with in Essex on the 1st and 3rd Friday evening of the month.

I'm also trying to start a small daytime group in this area. So far myself and two others are meeting on the 2nd Monday of the month.

Anyone from Essex County is welcome. It doesn't matter if you're a beginner or advanced. It also doesn't matter if you don't knit. We'll bug you until you do. LOL!!! :teehee:

Teiris
10-29-2007, 08:48 PM
I'm in Hamilton :)

The.Knitter
10-29-2007, 08:51 PM
I'm in Hamilton :)

Hi Hamilton, I am in Mississauga. Nice to meet you!

Beating_Earth
11-10-2007, 02:09 AM
Hi there,
I live in West Lorne which is about 1/2 an hour south of London. I lived in London until this past Sept and have only been knitting about a week or so. I would love info on groups or classes in London, especially ones that run in the evenings. My DH works from 4 until 12 so I can come into town with him.
Thanks a bunch
Misha

alleusion
11-10-2007, 04:38 PM
I just found this forum the other day, and funny for my first post to be in this one. I just moved to Mississauga from Southern California. I'm going crazy trying to find a decent yarn shop. Any ideas out there?

knitgal
11-16-2007, 01:38 PM
There's "The Wool Bin" in Oakville- I went there recently and I LOVE it. I think there's a Michael's near you too. I'm all the way in Brantford where there's no LYS, so I'm not sure what else might be in Mississauga.

Beverley
11-22-2007, 03:29 PM
Hello from Central/southern Ontario...lots of snow today!!

knitknutknot
11-22-2007, 10:03 PM
knitgal - Have you been to the shops in Paris? I haven't been in a few years (okay, maybe more than 10), but there used to be some good ones.

I'm currently living in the States but moving back to Canada in a few months, around Chatham. I'd love to find a group to hook up with (pun intended). I've been knitting for about 20 years. I go in spurts when I can't knit enough and then hardly knit anything for awhile. Now that my kids are old enough to not run off with the ball of yarn all the time (just some of the time), I am getting more knitting in!

picklesandpb
12-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Hey there!
I just joined today, and was thrilled to see how many knitters are in London/area! That is fantastic! I am in London too, and would love to join a group/class!
Its wonderful to meet you all!

:cheering: Becky

IttyBittyKnitties
03-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Hi i am from Hamilton, & looking to meet some new knitting friends in my area.
Drop me a line if ud like a good stitch n bitch buddy :)

Adrayis
03-17-2011, 10:19 PM
I'm in Kitchener, are there any groups or anything here?

Smudge03
05-28-2011, 09:15 AM
Hello all. I am up here just north of Goderich. It is nice to see that someone picked up this thread again. I was getting worried when all I saw were posts from 2007...lol
@ Adrayis...I know that there is the KW Knitter's Guild but I think you might have to pay to belong to that one...not sure.