PDA

View Full Version : clogs

gloranne
11-06-2006, 02:52 PM
Has anyone made the felted clogs using the two needle method and if so is it more difficult that the dpns? Haven't worked much with the dpns so I'm worried I won't be able to do it. The pattern looks difficult but I suppose once you get into it you catch on. Thanks for any help. Gloria

psammeadred
11-06-2006, 07:19 PM
Gloria, don't worry about DPNs. They're not nearly as hard as they look at first. Once you get used to them, it's really easy to knit with them. You can do it! And if you have any questions, this is the place to find answers.

gloranne
11-07-2006, 10:23 AM
Thank you for responding. I'll give the dpn's a try. Gloria

Ingrid
11-07-2006, 10:42 AM
There really isn't much of a difference between the pattern for the circs vs the straights, though, in the clogs. The shaping is all done by short rows so you're turning your work, anyway. There are only a couple of rows, I think on the top cuff, where you'll have to change a row of purls to knit to keep in rev. st st. And you have to sew up the back which is only an inch.

gloranne
11-08-2006, 11:19 AM
Thanks Ingrid, If I get stuck guess I'll find help here. Gloria

Julie
11-08-2006, 07:26 PM
I agree with Ingrid -- I've made several pairs flat instead of in the round and there's not much difference. You do so much stitching at the end, it's no big deal to sew five more stitchse to join the back...for some sizes I actually think it's easier to knit them flat because it can be a tight fit on a 16" circ when you get to the cuff (for the kids' clogs).