PDA

View Full Version : Sockintine Sock Swap!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Andrea
12-18-2006, 06:47 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Liliyarn
12-18-2006, 06:50 PM
p.s.

mwedzi

Love the red and the tealish green next to it.... :heart: That's um....some nice sock yarn you got there missy..... :drool:

Andrea
12-18-2006, 06:53 PM
I think I'll be purchasing my yarn tomorrow whilst I'm out and about :teehee: Then if I can figure out :zombie: Monet :zombie:, I'll do that too so I can be like Kelly! :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

Ohhhhhh and I got an email from my pal!!!!!!! Verrrrrrrry snikkkkky!! :cheering:

Angelia
12-18-2006, 06:57 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I lurv snikky!

Lily...that yarn looks black...:teehee:

Liliyarn
12-18-2006, 07:13 PM
I'm known for changing my mind...and luckily I've got lots of snikky ammo....

oh which one will I choose??

I've got soooooome soooooock yaaaaaarn.....and Iiiiiiii'mmmmm goooooonnnnnaaaaaa kniiiiiiiitttt soooooommmme soooooocks...yadayadayada...nahnahnah

Angelia
12-18-2006, 07:15 PM
Oooooooh!!! Preeeeeeety!!! :inlove:

Liliyarn
12-18-2006, 07:19 PM
a la monet....

:zombie:

Okay, I'll stop now...off to my knit group night....

jberry16
12-18-2006, 07:24 PM
I like the blue and green one

KellyK
12-18-2006, 07:42 PM
Will Ms. Snikky get out snikked herself?!

Ill just assume that EVERYONE is my partner until I learn differently!! :woot:

Lili... I LOVE YOU! Thank you SO much for getting that GAWGEOUS yarn for me!! :muah: :muah: :muah:

Andrea
12-18-2006, 08:21 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh look at all that yarn :zombie:

KellyK
12-18-2006, 08:36 PM
I took a little nap and had a dream that someone knit me some BEAAAUUUTIFUL alpaca socks and I wore them once and they developed huge gaping unfixable holes!!! :shock: :pout:

Im SKEERED! :oo:

Angelia
12-18-2006, 08:37 PM
Oh, oh, that is a terrible nightmare! Oh the humanity! :oo:

jberry16
12-18-2006, 08:47 PM
I think it was the sock gods telling you to stop messing with your partner's head...
terrible dream though :pout:

Friskums
12-18-2006, 09:11 PM
You're welcome! :heart:

And it IS exciting!! :woot: The buttons are making me all giddy! Thanks again for the button, Friskums!! :muah:

Thanks, everyone, for the button-love. :muah:

I almost peed myself laughing when I signed on and saw the button ALL over the place. :teehee: :rofl: :teehee:

Vendie
12-18-2006, 09:31 PM
I took a little nap and had a dream that someone knit me some BEAAAUUUTIFUL alpaca socks and I wore them once and they developed huge gaping unfixable holes!!! :shock: :pout:

Im SKEERED! :oo:

So, I guess I shouldn't make you alpaca socks for the Swap then, huh? :shifty:

drats, back to the drawing board for me...or is it? :hmm:

cheesiesmom
12-18-2006, 09:35 PM
My swap bud will get the left over yarn so that if there are holes, they can be mended.

"Use it up, wear it out, make do or do without."

Julie
12-18-2006, 09:47 PM
I bought my yarn today :happydance: and it is soooooo :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

Secksiebrat
12-18-2006, 10:43 PM
I plan on going shopping for sock yarn AFTER the holidays. You ladies are just too quick for me :) One step at a time!

Although, I've been looking through patterns and thinking about yarn. But no definite thoughts yet on pattern or the yarn. So many choices, so little time!

~danielle~

Shandeh
12-18-2006, 10:48 PM
Lily, I LOVE the yarn photo you posted! :heart:

My favorite is the deep autumn shades on the right side, and the blue and green skein in the middle.

BUT, I'd rather WEAR the black at the top or the dark blue at the top right.

Gor-gee-osity! :teehee:

Shandeh
12-18-2006, 10:52 PM
mwedzi, in your yarn photo, I LOVE the dark blue on the left! :heart:
(I like the autumn shaded one on top too, but can't see myself wearing it.)

I CAN see myself wearing the cream on the bottom left, though.

Nice, nice.... :teehee:

Friskums
12-18-2006, 10:59 PM
I have no idea what pattern I'm going to use. :thinking:

Jenelle
12-18-2006, 11:04 PM
I need to get to the LYS and get some sock yarn for my partner..

I have an idea what I could do. Still deciding though. :thinking:

five_six
12-18-2006, 11:07 PM
Mmmmm.... such yummy yarns, i really like the verigated blue/green that Lily posted as well.

Should get some teasers of my yarn up too :teehee:

Liliyarn
12-18-2006, 11:11 PM
FYI:
The blue green in the middle I got from SAFF. The autumn colors at the right are none other than Mountain Colors Barefoot. The black is Lorna's Laces and the dark blue/black is Opal.

Sage green is from SAFF as well. More Lorna's Laces in pastel colors, The Silver is Fortissima disco (it's all glittery) and the solids are some merino from Jaeger.

Now to go off and knit more on Mom's scarf....

Liliyarn
12-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Yes....more teasers....this is too much fun. :rofl:

Liliyarn
12-18-2006, 11:15 PM
I actually searched for alpaca sock yarn but couldn't find any....I was seriously considering getting it.

Got my pattern picked out, but like I said, I often change my mind.

jberry16
12-18-2006, 11:17 PM
I'm thinking of using a solid color and either a lacy or cable pattern...what do y'all think? :shrug:

Shandeh
12-18-2006, 11:47 PM
I love lacy and cables. Either one or both together! :teehee:

Liliyarn
12-19-2006, 12:22 AM
I was considering doing a mini cable...just to fancy it up a bit. So, you aren't alone.

thischicknits
12-19-2006, 12:24 AM
Not related to socks, but did anyone else know that hand-felted ornaments withstand the tree falling over better than one-of-a-kind handblown glass ones? :verysad:
Stockings rock. Trees s*ck.

thischicknits
12-19-2006, 12:26 AM
On a lighter note, I am shopping for sock yarn later this week. I wonder if my partner will be the one helping me choose it... :eyebrow:

mwedzi
12-19-2006, 12:27 AM
Lily, the yarn! :drool: They are all beautiful, but I'll take socks in that blue/green you have in the middle, or that grey/white off to the right, thank you. What's that you say? Not my partner? No matter, I'll still gladly accept your socks. Thank you, thank you, you're so sweet.

Shandeh
12-19-2006, 12:49 AM
I've decided to follow everyone's lead and post a photo of one skein of each of the sock yarns I have in my stash. Which ones do you guys like?

Angelia
12-19-2006, 12:56 AM
:inlove: with the one on the lower right! I loves the funkay!! :happydance:

want2knit
12-19-2006, 12:57 AM
Shandeh, I would vote for the Wildfoote or the variegated GGH--very pretty!

dreadfull
12-19-2006, 01:25 AM
wildfoot wildfoooooot!

is my vote.

yay sockintines. I am going shopping tomorrow!!! i have to get sock yarn for socks i'm nknitting for my grandparents... so i'll maybe get the same yarn as i'll use for my partner, that way I can get used to it.
i just flew in to my parents house, and i find a brand new yarn store almost right next door!!!??? where was this when i was growing up!!!! arrrgh!!!!

anyways.

my partner is so insanely easy, i thought after i would be told who i would have a better idea of what to do, but i can still do anything!!! the choices! the choices!!

Liliyarn
12-19-2006, 02:02 AM
Wildfoote or trekking :muah:

And I'm with dreadfull...thought I'd have a better idea after getting info from my partner, but the field is wide open.

I've been doing "research" on the secret buddy..... :twisted:

five_six
12-19-2006, 02:32 AM
oohhh, i lurve the 'wildfoote' and i think it says 'trekking'... gimme, gimme, gimme :hug:

Lieke
12-19-2006, 03:24 AM
I know what pattern I'd like to use :cheering: I only can't find it :pout: so I guess I'll try to make it myself (that'd be the first time ever, hope it works out)

KellyK
12-19-2006, 03:30 AM
:zombie: HOOO! Those are some CRAZZZY colors, Shandeh!! :teehee: that Wildfoote is PREEEETY. I just know how SKIIINY it is... you are one BUH-RAVE woman! :notworthy:

And, Margaret... why do ya think I offered to help you shop?? :twisted: Like I said... Im just going to assume that EVERYONE is my partner!! :teehee:

Angelia
12-19-2006, 06:52 AM
Im just going to assume that EVERYONE is my partner!! :teehee:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

It's so much fun that way--plus you can ensure you get your two cents in just in case! :thumbsup:

Dilly and I are experimenting with hand-dyes today...depending on how well that goes, my partner might get my very own colorway! (Since I'm not particularly artistically inclined, it's more likely my partner will get something else entirely. :roll:)

five_six
12-19-2006, 07:56 AM
KellyK wrote:

Im just going to assume that EVERYONE is my partner!!

ooohhhh... then i hope you are my partner Angelia.... yummy hand dyed yarn. :pray: Fingers crossed it works out!!

jberry16
12-19-2006, 11:19 AM
I like all the yarns with blue, green, purples, pinks-not big on red or orange. I have the knit picks pic. above but that's to make my son some socks with, he likes the orange and yellow in it and of course the blue. Anywho, has anyone ever tried cables or lace in verigated or self striping? I feel like the pattern would be lost? whatch y'all think?

KellyK
12-19-2006, 11:32 AM
Cables and lace do fine with LIGHT or MUTED variegated yarns. :thumbsup:

Ang, I cant tell you how much I appreciate you taking the time to HANDPAINT my sock yarn. Makes me tear up a little! :aww:

Liliyarn
12-19-2006, 11:39 AM
I used handpainted/varigated for fetching and the cables didn't show up well. Cables do best with lighter colors.

Lace should be fine.

Swatch and see....

And I just realized that my swappie and I have the same sized foot? Was that planned? If it was great job! If it wasn't....still great job! I can knit several pairs to try different yarns and patterns....keep the rest for me...

:rofl:

cara
12-19-2006, 11:44 AM
It seems like you all have so much experience with knitting socks! I have never done it before, and I am so worried that my partner will be disappointed :pout: as I don't think I will be able to attempt anything fancy like lace or cables... at least not on my first socks.

I can make up for that by using yummy yarn with a simple pattern though!!

I just don't know how to make sexy feminie socks without lace or the like! ...

Think think think..........

Liliyarn
12-19-2006, 11:56 AM
cara

No worries, I still have my first socks. There's at least a dozen mistakes between the two. No one ever notices.

IMHO, there's absolutely nothing wrong with 2X2 ribbing. There's no such thing as a plain hand knit sock.

Color and fiber can make it girlie....if that is what you are looking for.

Duplicate stitch something on them? Cutsie lil heart on the heel? Fuzzy kid mohair trim on the cuff?

You'll do fine. Don't stress.

Stiney
12-19-2006, 11:59 AM
It seems like you all have so much experience with knitting socks! I have never done it before, and I am so worried that my partner will be disappointed :pout: as I don't think I will be able to attempt anything fancy like lace or cables... at least not on my first socks.

I can make up for that by using yummy yarn with a simple pattern though!!

I just don't know how to make sexy feminie socks without lace or the like! ...

Think think think..........

I haven't knit socks yet, either! :hug:

I have Sensational Knitted Socks, so once I'm done with my x-mas knitting, I want to try the class sock and then cast on for my SOCK SQAP! Sniiiiikky.

Andrea
12-19-2006, 12:02 PM
(Since I'm not particularly artistically inclined, it's more likely my partner will get something else entirely. :roll:)

:pout: Poor Ang :hug:

Stine... :rofl: YAY SOCK SQAP!!! :cheering: :happydance:

jberry16
12-19-2006, 12:13 PM
I'm getting Sensational Knitted Socks for Christmas!!! No I'm not a snoop, I just know b/c my husband was silly enough to order from WalMart under my account :roflhard: goofy man. I'll start my partners after Christmas- besides my ML needle is just a few rows into my second socks heel! gotta finish that first. I love ML-whoo hoo! So excited about this :cheering:

Leah22b
12-19-2006, 12:54 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :happydance: :happydance: :cheering: :cheering:

I get to go shopping... woohoo! What should I get...hummm...Oh what choices :?? what choices...lol :shrug: Ahhhhh the choices :hair:

Have a great day!
Leah

Almost done with Christmas:
Only things left to do for Christmas... YEAHhhhhhhhhhh
1 moebius 1/3 done
1 washcloth 1/3 done
Socks due after Christmas
Golf Club covers due after Christmas
Sock swap - Socks

Yarngineer
12-19-2006, 01:01 PM
I already have a yarn candidate in my stash (it is in my blog here...)

http://yarngineer.blogspot.com/2006/12/go-uf-and-atlanta-yarn-shop-reviews.html

(the santa fe colorway)

...but it is not superwash...perhaps this is an excuse to drag my DH sock yarn shopping in Atlanta next week (AGAIN!) :teehee:

cara
12-19-2006, 01:05 PM
cara

No worries, I still have my first socks. There's at least a dozen mistakes between the two. No one ever notices.

IMHO, there's absolutely nothing wrong with 2X2 ribbing. There's no such thing as a plain hand knit sock.

Duplicate stitch something on them? Cutsie lil heart on the heel? Fuzzy kid mohair trim on the cuff?

Thanks so much for the encouragement! Maybe duplicate stitching some flowers or hearts around the cuff would be a great idea! yay!!

I am going to have to check out this book you are all talking about!

Cara

Liliyarn
12-19-2006, 01:47 PM
Sensational Knitttied Socks is like the sock bible.Check it out on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/Sensational-Knitted-Socks-Charlene-Schurch/dp/1564775704/sr=8-1/qid=1166549962/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/105-1470289-0859603?ie=UTF8&s=books)

If you like knitting socks, then you gotta have it. :teehee: I wished all knitting books were this flexible. It's great for newbies and experienced. Lots of different options. Thorough sock construction discussion. Tons of patterns. Lurv me some SKS.

Stiney
12-19-2006, 02:29 PM
(Since I'm not particularly artistically inclined, it's more likely my partner will get something else entirely. :roll:)

:pout: Poor Ang :hug:

Stine... :rofl: YAY SOCK SQAP!!! :cheering: :happydance:

It was hard to deliberately write sqap. I kept typing the w and having to backspace. :teehee:

feminine_earth
12-19-2006, 03:18 PM
cara

Thanks so much for the encouragement! Maybe duplicate stitching some flowers or hearts around the cuff would be a great idea! yay!!

Hey Cara,

This is also my first time making socks! Are you going to be doing Silver's Sock Class for the swap? I was thinking about doing that, only making them ankle socks and doing something cutesy around the cuff, but I have no idea how I would do that! :shrug:

I also LOVE the idea of a heart on the heel...but again, have no clue how to get started. :pout:

Anyone got any suggestions?

Also--where the heck can I get some nice sock yarn that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg? I thought they sold it at Joann's, but I guess not.

jberry16
12-19-2006, 03:32 PM
I just found Trekking for 13.95 a skein-only need one skein!
here (http://www.shopknitch.com/yarn3.php?p=130&g=2&osCsid=bad8474e864806c92df8f70c51d26bb0)

dreadfull
12-19-2006, 03:36 PM
new patterns up at knitty!!!!!!!!!!

including: 2 patterns for SOCKS!!!! :cheering: :cheering:

beads and garter stitch and ribbing oh my!
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTrollingthunder.html

lace. gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous
http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTmonkey.html

not a sock, but i find it hilarious.
http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTsheldon.html

feminine_earth
12-19-2006, 04:13 PM
I just found Trekking for 13.95 a skein-only need one skein!
here (http://www.shopknitch.com/yarn3.php?p=130&g=2&osCsid=bad8474e864806c92df8f70c51d26bb0)
Oooohhhh...I like that yarn! Thanks for the link! :)

knottydaisy
12-19-2006, 04:24 PM
Here's a neat place for sock yarn HERE (http://www.yarn4socks.com)

Everything with red in it is on sale for December

So much sock yarn..... :passedout:

jberry16
12-19-2006, 04:41 PM
yea for sock yarn sales!!!
here (http://www.needletrax.com/blockers.htm) is another site that shows you how to make the sock blockers! I was gonna do this but only have metal thin hangers and very thick plastic ones, no plastic coated metal ones-darn gotta go to the store-OT we have 1 1/2" snow in Rio Rancho, NM (just north of Albuquerque) as of 1:30 Mountain time.
ok back to shopping for the perfect yarn online.

jberry16
12-19-2006, 04:50 PM
new patterns up at knitty!!!!!!!!!!

including: 2 patterns for SOCKS!!!! :cheering: :cheering:

beads and garter stitch and ribbing oh my!
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTrollingthunder.html

lace. gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous
http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTmonkey.html

not a sock, but i find it hilarious.
http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTsheldon.html
rolling thunder is pretty, monkey looks intreguing (sp?) and I love sheldon the turtle! I might just have to make one of those.

Stiney
12-19-2006, 04:50 PM
Sheldon the Socktle? :rofl:

knitqueen
12-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Cables and lace do fine with LIGHT or MUTED variegated yarns. :thumbsup:

I agree with Kelly completely. Lace and cables do best on a lightly variagated yarn that is not self-striping. The stripes and the cables/lace would take away from each other a lot.

Leah22b
12-19-2006, 05:50 PM
...but it is not superwash...perhaps this is an excuse to drag my DH sock yarn shopping in Atlanta next week (AGAIN!) :teehee:

Excuses excuses... what a wonderful excuse...lol

I think I'm going to go see what Diane has in the shop tom... :happydance: :happydance:

Leah22b
12-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Also--where the heck can I get some nice sock yarn that doesn't cost me an arm and a leg? I thought they sold it at Joann's, but I guess not.

I like www.kpixie.com or www.yarnsforever.com If you want an actual store to walk into you can try AC Moore also online at www.acmoore.com Michaels also online at www.michaels.com

thischicknits
12-19-2006, 06:03 PM
Cara - As I read your note I have to say - I am wearing the 2nd pr of socks I ever made today, made over 1.5 yrs ago. (1st pr made didn't match :teehee: ). My advice would be to get a great yarn and use a simple pattern - they are just as wonderful as the intricate ones. Don't stress about it!
The Sensational Knitting sock book also has a classsock to learn how to make socks.
GOOD LUCH :muah:

jcmom
12-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Thanks Angelia for putting this swap together. I'm waiting for my yarn to arrive, but it's fun already. Are we supposed to be annonymous when sending our socks also?

KellyK
12-19-2006, 08:57 PM
I already have a yarn candidate in my stash HERE (http://yarngineer.blogspot.com/2006/12/go-uf-and-atlanta-yarn-shop-reviews.html)

(the santa fe colorway)

OH, but it IS washable! Claudia handpaints are PREEEETY!! I LURRRRV that Santa Fe colorway! And, after you handwash them once, you can machine wash thereafter... in COLD. And lay flat to dry.

I agree with Kelly completely.
As you SHOULD! Can I add that to my sig?? :twisted:

YAYYYYYYYYYY SOCK SQAP!!!! :teehee:

cara
12-19-2006, 09:08 PM
Someone is getting socks made from Misti Alpaca Worsted in color Peony (http://www.mistialpaca.com/images/worsted/3720f.jpg)....

la la la la... I'll never tell..... la la la...

sooo soft... so feminine... so pretty..... so pink! sigh. isn't it everything you ever dreamed of?

thischicknits
12-19-2006, 09:23 PM
just checking in on some of the sites posted and found this...not that I necessarily need this much, uh, love, on my socks...but for those inclined...
http://www.soxie.com/valentine.html
:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

jberry16
12-19-2006, 09:32 PM
Someone is getting socks made from Misti Alpaca Worsted in color Peony (http://www.mistialpaca.com/images/worsted/3720f.jpg)....
la la la la... I'll never tell..... la la la...
sooo soft... so feminine... so pretty..... so pink! sigh. isn't it everything you ever dreamed of?
that sure is purty!
I saw the valentine socks too but I'd really be happy with some pretty green ones with a 3 leaf clover on them for St. Patricks day... hint hint

KnittyKitty
12-19-2006, 11:21 PM
Here's a hint for my pal!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/hewittli/schiffer.jpg

:teehee:

Rorshach
12-19-2006, 11:29 PM
heh I'm still trying to figure out what to use fer my partner's socks, I have a ball here of Online Garne Supersocke, but am trying to decide if I want to use a pattern or not. :wall:

*KnitPixie*
12-19-2006, 11:52 PM
If a yarn says hand wash and its a cotton/elastic blend.. can't you just wash it on the delicate cycle in the washing machine and line dry it? I mean usually cotton and elastic are washable right?! What do all of you think :??

mintdee
12-20-2006, 12:46 AM
just checking in on some of the sites posted and found this...not that I necessarily need this much, uh, love, on my socks...but for those inclined...

OMG! Cate Needs those socks!!

:twisted:

knitqueen
12-20-2006, 01:43 AM
I agree with Kelly completely.
As you SHOULD! Can I add that to my sig?? :twisted:

:teehee: :teehee: :muah: :muah:

I'm so excited about this - I'm gathering ideas for my partner but haven't shopped for yarn yet. Gotta get Christmas over with first. :hug:

KellyK
12-20-2006, 02:20 AM
I'm trying to decide if I want to use a pattern or not. :wall:

TRY IT! Patterns make sock knitting more FUN. :cheering: Plus, a ribby pattern of some sort snugs up to one's ankle, making them fit better. :shrug:

Shandeh
12-20-2006, 03:22 AM
I just found this interesting webpage with a comparison of different sock yarns. http://tlau.org/knit/

Also, I have a group on Yahoo called "Sock Knitters Unite!".
http://www.flickr.com/groups/28703869@N00/pool/
There are lots of photos of different socks there if you want ideas!

mulene
12-20-2006, 08:32 AM
I am now rather scared - I guess that my poor pal is going to get my first attempt at Entrelac or Fair Isle or whatever it is =P I can see it being a disaster so to my pal don't be too disappointed please =P

Angelia
12-20-2006, 09:16 AM
Fair isle is MUCH easier than you think, Mulene--go for it!! Entrelac baffles me, but if you can get your head around it, go for that!

Cotton/elastic is usually washable--can you test wash a swatch to make sure, KnitPixie? (I.e., do you have enough yarn for a swatch?)

So many patterns!!! :inlove:

:thud:

Leah22b
12-20-2006, 10:16 AM

Hahahaha I saw those and was thinking about it, then decided better since I'm still pretty new to socks. Maybe something simple with a little lace added. x-( Muahhhahahaha

I'm going shopping on my lunch break... yeahhhhhhhhhh

dreadfull
12-20-2006, 12:12 PM
I just found this interesting webpage with a comparison of different sock yarns. http://tlau.org/knit/

looooook....

http://www.flickr.com/photos/bogiebogie/245712570/in/pool-28703869@N00/

well. i am boogled.

AmandaC
12-20-2006, 12:37 PM
WOW - that is wonderful .... I want to try that .... not for this swap pair tho ....

CateKnits
12-20-2006, 01:24 PM

:hmm: Aaand there's the reason Cate is not in the swap. :P

Liliyarn
12-20-2006, 01:34 PM
I'm not going for anything too fancy. No lace and no intarsia or fair isle. My plan thus far is a tiny cable just to make it intersting, but still fit well. The yarn will hopefully be awesome though. My socks will be all about the yarn.

So partner....nothing fancy. Dunno if that gives someone out there some peace of mind or disappointment.

Lieke
12-20-2006, 02:13 PM

looooook....

well. i am boogled.

those look great :inlove:

I'm not sure what exactely to do with my socks. I think it'll be fair isle (first time) but maybe I chicken out and will make lace or cables instead. (Knitty has some great cabled socks)

Andrea
12-20-2006, 03:03 PM

feminine_earth
12-20-2006, 03:09 PM
OK, so I think I'm going to do Silver's Sock Class for the swap, only I'm going to make them ankle socks instead of the kind that fold down. I'd really like to do some kind of unique cuff, but I can't think of anything other than ribbing. :shrug: Any creative ideas?

Also, what's the best way to change colors in socks? I want to make the heel and toe a different color than the rest of the sock. What kind of join would be best in this instance?

I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew! I'm nervous! :oops:

jberry16
12-20-2006, 03:26 PM
I hope I didn't bite off more than I can chew! I'm nervous! :oops:
Don't worrie, the important thing is that you give it your best and learn from it and have fun doing it. Anyone here would be happy to get it b/c you made it and that's what it's all about. I don't care if my partner is experienced or has never knit socks before-you gotta start sometime and I think all y'all that have never knit socks before have some serious balls! :teehee: (And I admire that) If you're worried then just make a baby sock for starters!

mintdee
12-20-2006, 04:05 PM

Mwahahahaha. Frankly Cate I was hoping that you would join because if I got you I was going to knit your socks and the use tape or something to put hearts all over just to scare ya :teehee:

Rorshach
12-20-2006, 06:46 PM
Also, what's the best way to change colors in socks? I want to make the heel and toe a different color than the rest of the sock. What kind of join would be best in this instance?

Well I don't know the BEST way of changing colors, but what I do is do a knitted join, ie knit a row of old and new color in the same row. then continue on with the new color. that way you have a few less ends to sew in when you're done.

Leah22b
12-20-2006, 07:09 PM
looooook....

well. i am boogled.

Awesome.... that looks sooooooo cool... Sorry :verysad: my pal won't be getting those... On the good side though :cheering: :cheering: :happydance: :happydance: :cheering: I get to be evil now.... Muahahahahaha x-( :twisted:

Will it be one of these or something totally different... You'll have to wait and see..... Muahahahahahahaa

*KnitPixie*
12-20-2006, 07:10 PM
Can everyone please vote on this post for me so I can decide on a color for my sock and get started :flirt: Pretty Pleaseee....Besides ya might wanna get your opinion in one of you may be my partner :teehee:
Heres the link:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23045

Leah22b
12-20-2006, 07:26 PM
Can everyone please vote on this post for me so I can decide on a color for my sock and get started :flirt: Pretty Pleaseee....Besides ya might wanna get your opinion in one of you may be my partner :teehee:
Heres the link:
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23045

I voted... oh what yummmy yarn... I was soooooooooo bad today... I went over my lunch hour and spent way too much, but I got some beauuuuuuuuuutiful yarns.... Alpaca, Cashmire, wool.... hummmm what else...lol Yummy Yummy yummy :teehee:

jberry16
12-20-2006, 08:03 PM
what do y'all think of this yarn?

jhelanee
12-20-2006, 08:08 PM
:drool: Pretty! I love it!

jberry16
12-20-2006, 08:16 PM
which of these do u like?

knitqueen
12-20-2006, 08:28 PM
jberry.....are you dropping hints for whoever has you, or are you seeing if your buddy chimes in??? Sneaky either way!! :teehee: :teehee:

FWIW, I like the last one (839).

jberry16
12-20-2006, 08:42 PM
or what about these?

Stiney
12-20-2006, 08:46 PM
snikkysnikkysnikkysnikky

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/128/328605515_7bc34d1981.jpg

snikkysnikkysnikkysnikky

Which one of these will I use? I only I know! (And knottydaisy, cause we went to the lys together. :teehee: )

Leah22b
12-20-2006, 08:51 PM
what do y'all think of this yarn?

Thank you I will love that...lol Your so nice to me.... :teehee:

Leah22b
12-20-2006, 08:53 PM
which of these do u like?

I vote for 838... :happydance: they are all really pretty though!

jberry16
12-20-2006, 09:20 PM
snikkysnikkysnikkysnikky

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/128/328605515_7bc34d1981.jpg

snikkysnikkysnikkysnikky

Which one of these will I use? I only I know! (And knottydaisy, cause we went to the lys together. :teehee: )
that blue is to die for, what is it? I'd love you to make me a pair of socks outta that, purty and it would look nice in lace or cables too I think. Thanks for being so sweet and picking such pretty yarn for me. :flirt:

Stiney
12-20-2006, 09:21 PM

It's Artyarns Supermerino.

jberry16
12-20-2006, 09:21 PM
jberry.....are you dropping hints for whoever has you, or are you seeing if your buddy chimes in??? Sneaky either way!! :teehee: :teehee:

yes, but either way I'm :drool:

Shandeh
12-20-2006, 09:34 PM
jberry, I like the Highland 838, and the Regia Bamboo!

stine, I like the blue at the top, or the earthtones at the bottom!

So much beautiful sock yarn!!! :heart:

Dilly
12-20-2006, 10:18 PM
What do people think of this yarn? :shrug:

Angelia
12-20-2006, 10:22 PM
Or this? It's all sock yarn of some sort....:teehee: Oh, and not all of it is mine...but I'm not saying which is mine and which is Dilly's...:twisted:

Vendie
12-20-2006, 11:01 PM
Personally, I'd be happy with socks made from any of that yarny goodness. How sweet of you to think of me when you were out shopping :shifty:

jberry16
12-21-2006, 12:20 AM
I like both the cherry tree hill ones, nice to know you shopped for me too.

KellyK
12-21-2006, 12:50 AM
OOOOH, Ang! Is that Lorna's Laces color TUSCANY I see before me?? :inlove:

What's that right next to the Tuscany? I bet that's gonna knit up REALLY neat! Love that!

And, how can ANYONE not love STR?? I especially love that one at the top...

I wish I could do the brighter colors.... I just dont own anything bright enough to wear WITH them! That tuscany is RIGHT up my alley...

can I have it?

Angelia
12-21-2006, 01:10 AM
One of the Lorna's is "Pioneer" (the blue/brown), and the other is "Gold Hill" (the copper/green/purple).

They are purrrrrrrrdy, aren't they! :inlove:

I don't wear bright colors on my person, generally, but I love funky socks. They're a nice surprise peeking out from beneath pants' legs! :happydance:

Leah22b
12-21-2006, 02:14 AM
What do people think of this yarn? :shrug:

That's so purty.... I like I like thank you Thank you so much.... :teehee:

Leah22b
12-21-2006, 02:16 AM
Or this? It's all sock yarn of some sort....:teehee: Oh, and not all of it is mine...but I'm not saying which is mine and which is Dilly's...:twisted:

Oh I love you :muah: Your sooooooooo nice to me.... :teehee: Yummy Yummy!

Liliyarn
12-21-2006, 03:12 AM
I won't be picky.....

I'll take them all :hug:

Lieke
12-21-2006, 03:43 AM
I love all those bright colors angelia, but those purple-green-yellow-red yarns look also very nice :drool:

feminine_earth
12-21-2006, 08:55 AM
Oh my goodness...all that yarn is so gorgeous! :inlove: I want it all!!!! :heart:

KellyK
12-21-2006, 10:21 AM
MMMMM! Gold Hill is GAWGEOUS too!!

Angelia
12-21-2006, 10:54 AM
It is lovely, isn't it?! :thud:

And it's even preeeeeeeeeeeeeeetier in person!

So much sock yarn...so many choices...

Yarngineer
12-21-2006, 11:10 AM
Angelia,

All of your sock yarn there is gorgeous. Esp that Lorna's Laces and STR. I have stash envy! :notworthy:

Stiney
12-21-2006, 11:22 AM
Ang and Dilly,

I would like either of the sock yarns that is on the right--not the right most, the next in.

Thank you,

Your Sock Sqap Recipient. :teehee:

want2knit
12-21-2006, 12:30 PM
Such sockalicious yarns! I personally like the one at the very top in Angelia's photo. That copper/gold/purple one is pretty too.

jberry--that Regia bamboo looks awesome!

I've already cast on for my first one last night. :cheering: Just hope I can figure it out the second time around using a pattern this time.

Shandeh
12-21-2006, 12:58 PM
Dilly, I love BOTH of the colors you posted. They look like me!!! PLEASE be for me!! :)

And Angelia, your Lorna's Laces are drawing me into the computer screen. I'm starting to feel like the girl at the diner in the 80's video. You know the one where she gets pulled into the comic book? I can't ever remember the name of that band. :wall:

But I do remember the words in the song were:
:note:"Take on me....(take on me)....Take me on....(take on me)" :note:

Stiney
12-21-2006, 01:00 PM
But I do remember the words in the song were:
:note:"Take on me....(take on me)....Take me on....(take on me)" :note:

Aha!

Shandeh
12-21-2006, 01:12 PM
That's it! You'd think I would remember the name....because it just hits you.... "AHA!" Maybe if I hit my forehead next time, it will come back to me. :rofl:

Angelia
12-21-2006, 01:39 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

AmandaC
12-21-2006, 02:07 PM
I think I spied some STR Rocktober there Angelia ....... that's what I want ... thanks everso :muah:

thischicknits
12-21-2006, 02:11 PM
I am shopping for sock yarn after work today happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

I'm pretty sure I can find something good...I wonder if I should buy a few extra skeins - you can never have too much sock yarn in the stash mountain, you know...

The yarn posted is SO BEAUTIFUL it makes me crazy!! :notworthy: on your stash!! :yay:

Shandeh
12-21-2006, 02:56 PM
Hey Angelia!

What size is YOUR foot? Just asking, in case anyone out there (including me) has a desire to make you a pair of socks, just for fun. :wink:

Liliyarn
12-21-2006, 03:05 PM
Yeah....Angelia

What size IS your foot?

:twisted:

Julie
12-21-2006, 03:57 PM
My yarn came today :cheering:

I'm supposed to finish up our Christmas cards and do laundry this afternoon...but I think I'll be dyeing fiber and knitting socks instead :twisted:

mwedzi
12-21-2006, 04:09 PM

Yeah, jberry, we are so on to you. But I'm glad you asked, you can go ahead and knit me the ones from that jewel color ball on the right in the 2nd pic. Thank you, thank you all for your collaborative effort in knitting me many pairs of socks.

mwedzi
12-21-2006, 04:20 PM

You, too, Angelia? You know, I am really so touched the way you have all lined up to get my personal opinion on the yarns you are going to use for my socks. It really warms my heart, and I would like to let you all know how much I appreciate it. *tears of joy* :waah: Angelia, I'd like a pair in the both of the Lorna's Laces and in that jumbo hank highest up. thank you so much.

Leah22b
12-21-2006, 05:38 PM
My yarn came today :cheering:

I'm supposed to finish up our Christmas cards and do laundry this afternoon...but I think I'll be dyeing fiber and knitting socks instead :twisted:

Oh what fun what fun :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

Are they for me... huh :wink: huh are they.... :teehee:

monzogary
12-21-2006, 06:38 PM
My hand dyed yarn is now drying! I'm so excited - I think I may have even picked out a pattern. :teehee: This is going to be so great!
Everyone's yarn pOrn looks so yummy too :wink: .

KellyK
12-21-2006, 10:46 PM
OOOOOH all the handdyed handknit socks for MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

:muah: :muah: :muah:

I found the most AWESOME stuff for my partner today! Its MUCH better than what I had picked out before!! Scheck it OUUUUUUT (moneted for your viewing pleasure)

jberry16
12-21-2006, 10:48 PM
that monet stuff is just so mean, you evil wicked people!

actually it's pretty cool, wonder if it can be reversed? humm

Yarngineer
12-21-2006, 11:20 PM
I ended up picking a different yarn for my swapee...but I cannot share the color because then it would be too obvious to the receiver that I am making the socks for them. Well, let's just say that I ended up ordering lisa souza Sock! merino for that special someone.... :shifty:

I haven't knitted it before but I am excited to try it. Unfortunately, they have to dye some just for me so it will take a few days until I can get it.

jberry16
12-22-2006, 12:08 AM
I ended up picking a different yarn for my swapee...but I cannot share the color because then it would be too obvious to the receiver that I am making the socks for them. Well, let's just say that I ended up ordering lisa souza Sock! merino for that special someone.... :shifty:

I haven't knitted it before but I am excited to try it. Unfortunately, they have to dye some just for me so it will take a few days until I can get it.
I didn't know they took special orders, how cool. and how thoughtful of you.

KellyK
12-22-2006, 12:58 AM
:aww: Yarngineer, you are just SO thoughtful! Thanks!! :muah:

Lieke
12-22-2006, 03:18 AM
Oops, I let my swap pal waiting. Was a bit slow with responding mail :oops:

Sorry sweet swap pal of me. I hope you still like me. I responded to all your questions.

Andrea
12-22-2006, 03:25 AM
Scheck it OUUUUUUT (moneted for your viewing pleasure)

Scheeeeeeeeeck it outtttt!

I'm probably going to buy my yarn for my very pwetty sqck sqap pal on Jan. 1 :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

Angelia
12-22-2006, 09:41 AM
What happens Jan 1st that you would buy yarn then specifically, Andrea? Officially 2007 and ready for after-Christmas knitting?

Oooh, Kelly, your squap pal is loving that yarn, I'm sure! Who wouldn't?! :inlove:

Stiney
12-22-2006, 10:26 AM
Scheck it OUUUUUUT (moneted for your viewing pleasure)

Scheeeeeeeeeck it outtttt!

I'm probably going to buy my yarn for my very pwetty sqck sqap pal on Jan. 1 :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

That's so nice of you, Andrea, to keep me in suspense over my sqck sqap sqck colors! :!!!:

Yarngineer
12-22-2006, 10:50 AM
Sorry, I meant to say that they ran out of a standard color that they offer, and have to dye some (I think sooner than they had planned) just to meet my order. I bet they had run out of alot of colors due to Christmas purchases.

I should have asked for a custom dye, but I bet that would run up the cost!

I think I may try knitting Widdershins.

Leah22b
12-22-2006, 11:10 AM

Heheeheh That is soooooooo cool... I never thought about getting yarn specially dyed for you... thats cool... I bet you will have fun with that... :verysad: Too bad its not for me... :verysad: :teehee: I'm not 100% sure, but I'm 99.9% that they aren't anyway...lol. Thats ok though as I'm sure I'll get mmmmmarvvvalousssss Socks from my Pal.... I can't wait... Oh boy and I thought the wait was bad for the sign up and getting pals names... :doh: :hair:

My Yarn is zooming its way to FL for the holidays. Hopefully I will meet it there on Sunday and can start my socks sometime next week... If all goes well that is... Yeah! :cheering: :cheering:

OOPS should have finished reading posts before posting...lol Thats what I get for being behind...lol :oops:

Lieke
12-22-2006, 11:21 AM
I want my yarn :pout:

why isn't the shipping quicker :pout:

(and I already took the quickest option)

dreadfull
12-22-2006, 02:58 PM
ooo. i got teased yesterday. i am so very intruiged!

i am knitting some loverly socks for x-mas so i am gettin even better just for mah pahtnah.

for my ma i'm knitting knitty's 'monkey'
and for pa i'm knitting a basic sock with a simple cable
and i'm finishing off the rowan Ana socks for a really great friend.

hurray!

Leah22b
12-22-2006, 03:11 PM

Awwwwwwww :hug: Just think of how much fun it will be to open that package and get the first squeeze....lol

Andrea
12-22-2006, 07:57 PM
What happens Jan 1st that you would buy yarn then specifically, Andrea? Officially 2007 and ready for after-Christmas knitting?

Oh, just somewhere I'm going on that day... :whistle:

thischicknits
12-22-2006, 09:48 PM
I bought yarn yesterday but have not decided yet if it is for my partner - I would only accept the most beau-ti-ful yarn for my buddy! :shrug: I may peruse the LYS a few more times before making a committment...

Lieke
12-23-2006, 12:39 AM

Awwwwwwww :hug: Just think of how much fun it will be to open that package and get the first squeeze....lol

I know. But I found the pattern and I'm totally ready to start (only 1 thing on the needles left) so the only thing missing is my yarn. I'm not that fast and because shipping takes more time from the Netherlands, I have to finish before the end of January. Now I have a chrismasbreak, so that would be a great time to knit my socks. But not without yarn :pout:

Angelia
12-23-2006, 01:22 AM

Oh, just somewhere I'm going on that day... :whistle:

:?? But wheeeeeeeeeeeere? THE FOLD?! A SALE?! :drool:

Andrea
12-23-2006, 01:29 AM
:shrug:

Angelia
12-23-2006, 01:30 AM
:nails:

Andrea
12-23-2006, 01:37 AM

horve1
12-23-2006, 06:32 AM
:woot: I'd be thrilled with the yarn from any of the teaser pics! And hand-dyed or dyed to order yarn --- Wow! I hope all of you are my swap pal!!! Gotta get busy for mine now.... :out:

KellyK
12-23-2006, 10:12 AM
Nope... sorry, Horve. They are all MY swap partner until I learn differently. :shrug:

Angelia
12-23-2006, 10:39 AM

thischicknits
12-23-2006, 10:59 AM
Um, Kelly, I think they might be MY partners until I know better... :teehee:

KellyK
12-23-2006, 11:03 AM
*pats Margaret on the haid*

Poor Margaret.... if that's what you need to think, I understand, sweetie...

Angelia
12-23-2006, 11:23 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

jberry16
12-23-2006, 11:52 AM
:chair:
silly people, they're hand dying yarn for me

Lieke
12-23-2006, 12:26 PM

mwedzi
12-23-2006, 01:59 PM
*pats Margaret on the haid*

Poor Margaret.... if that's what you need to think, I understand, sweetie...

You All! I am just continuously knocked flat by your kindness and good intentions. And now you have gone and told Kelly that all the socks you are knitting for me are for her to make her feel better! But really, you must realize what's going to happen when 50 pair of socks arrive at my door and not hers. Foresight, people, foresight!

Yarngineer
12-23-2006, 02:02 PM
Wow. I can't believe it. Lisa Souza is mailing out the yarn to me today. Which means she must have died it yesterday already. All of this service on Christmas vacay time is just amazing to me. I just don't expect it.

:cheering:

Angelia
12-23-2006, 02:28 PM

My LS yarn has not arrived. I ordered it over two weeks ago. I hope it didn't get lost! :pout:

Yarngineer
12-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Angelia,

I hope yours is not lost. I am still waiting for my Sundara Yarns Petals collection to be delivered, but she had all of the problems with the storms up in the NW. I don't know whether the delay is now due to Xmas shipping hell or not. So I am getting very anxious! I would just die if it got lost in the mail and I had to reorder it, if that is even possible!

:pout: :pout: :pout: :pout:

Angelia
12-23-2006, 03:06 PM
Did you email her to let her know the package hasn't arrived? I've emailed Lisa Souza (did so this morning), but haven't heard back from her. (I'll bet she's swamped, which I understand completely.)

Crossing the crossables that we both get our yarn! :pray:

rebecca
12-23-2006, 03:12 PM
OMGoodness, it's KILLING ME to read this thread when I can't play! Looks like ya'll are having fun, though :muah:

thischicknits
12-23-2006, 09:09 PM
I think ALL KNITTERS who have not bought/recieved yarn should IMMEDIATELY go to buy more. DO NOT STOP FOR ANYTHING along the way. This is the ONLY safe way to ensure you will not be left empty handed when all of the stores are empty due to sock hoarding yarn collectors. DO IT NOW!!!

PS - sorry we got disconnected K... :shrug: Maybe someone was trying to tell us to shush up and go knit!

Yarngineer
12-23-2006, 09:18 PM
I would email her, except she is not checking her email until January 3rd. If I don't see anything by Tuesday, I will write anyway. :gah:

Angelia
12-23-2006, 11:09 PM
:-x That's frustrating! January 3rd? Definitely get yourself at the head of the queue by emailing now...and again later just in case she misses the first one.

LS emailed me tonight to get my order number, so she's checking to see what's up with my stuff.

I should just go buy more yarn, eh, just in case this order doesn't make it? I have no other sock yarn...:---

Lieke
12-24-2006, 12:41 AM
My yarn is still "in bearbeitung" so it isn't even sent yet. I'm afraid that'll be after christmas, probably even next year. (ok, I only ordered it last monday, but I want my yarn :pout: ) But I guess I'll have to work hard. I'll have less than a month to knit the socks.

Stiney
12-24-2006, 02:18 AM
What's bearbeitung? And what's Tappan mean? And what's a Zee?

Okay, so I live in an area that was heavily Dutch in colonial times. These things bother me. :teehee: (I'm just using the fact that you're Dutch as an excuse.) :teehee:

Liliyarn
12-24-2006, 03:11 AM
I ordered some yarn I was wanting to try out, but it hasn't come yet either. If I don't have it by Tuesday...I'm e-mailing them.

But I always have my LYS...so I'm not too worried. I always have plenty of sock yarn.

Andrea
12-24-2006, 07:56 AM
:-x That's frustrating! January 3rd? Definitely get yourself at the head of the queue by emailing now...and again later just in case she misses the first one.

LS emailed me tonight to get my order number, so she's checking to see what's up with my stuff.

I should just go buy more yarn, eh, just in case this order doesn't make it? I have no other sock yarn...:---

I haven't gotten mine either...nor heard anything from her :verysad:

KellyK
12-24-2006, 09:06 AM
I think ALL KNITTERS who have not bought/recieved yarn should IMMEDIATELY go to buy more. DO NOT STOP FOR ANYTHING along the way. This is the ONLY safe way to ensure you will not be left empty handed when all of the stores are empty due to sock hoarding yarn collectors. DO IT NOW!!!

AMEN!!! :notworthy:

Angelia
12-24-2006, 09:27 AM
Andrea, your yarn may be in the same spot as mine--still in the queue. I got an email from her last night, and she said I'm still in line--the orders are backed up since she's pretty much a 'one-woman show'. So, no worries! I told her I wasn't in a hurry--I was just worried about my goodies. I think she got waaaaaay more holiday orders than she was even expecting. Usually she ships fast (3 days was the fastest, and that includes the day I ordered!).

Andrea
12-24-2006, 09:46 AM
I emailed her after I wrote that and told her I know it's probably crazy with all the Pink Ribbon yarn. I just want it so bad! :pout:

Angelia
12-24-2006, 10:50 AM
I know...I want mine, too. :pout: It will be a nice after-Christmas surprise, though, when it does get here!

What pattern are you using for the Violet yarn? We can be twinsies!! :happydance:

jberry16
12-24-2006, 10:53 AM
But I guess I'll have to work hard. I'll have less than a month to knit the socks.
I just finished my first paif of fingering wt yarn and it only took me 13 days, and I didn't work on 'em every day.I have faith that you'll get your yarn and be able to make your socks no prob. Besides if you're a little late it'd be ok with me, if I were your partner. Just let her/him know.

Yarngineer
12-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Same here. It is tough to get everything done when you are recovering from the holidays and waiting for a yarn order.

jberry16
12-24-2006, 04:39 PM
ok so I just finished my first pair of finger weight socks and wanted to give y'all the link to see them...my first fw socks (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23236) I'm so excited :happydance: :woot:

feminine_earth
12-24-2006, 05:17 PM
ok so I just finished my first pair of finger weight socks and wanted to give y'all the link to see them...my first fw socks (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23236) I'm so excited :happydance: :woot:
They are gorgeous! Great job! :cheering:

Andrea
12-24-2006, 05:52 PM
What pattern are you using for the Violet yarn? We can be twinsies!! :happydance:

How about that Monkey pattern from Knitty?? :shrug:

She emailed back, mine is near the front of the line :happydance: She said she was a one woman show and I wrote back telling her if I lived near her I would be her volunteer. I'm such a suck up :teehee:

KellyK
12-24-2006, 08:14 PM
They look GREAT!!! :cheering:

Angelia
12-24-2006, 10:04 PM
Oh, wow, your first fingering weight socks look fantastic!!! :woot:

Andrea, I almost put the same thing in my email to LS! :teehee:

Oooh, the Monkey pattern will be perfect for that yarn! :happydance: But wait--we're using sport weight and the pattern is written for fingering...we'll have to tweak a bit, methinks :thinking:

Lieke
12-25-2006, 04:51 AM
What's bearbeitung? And what's Tappan mean? And what's a Zee?

Okay, so I live in an area that was heavily Dutch in colonial times. These things bother me. :teehee: (I'm just using the fact that you're Dutch as an excuse.) :teehee:

Bearbeitung is German, it means they are still working on it. I never heard of Tappan before, so it surely isn't Dutch. Zee means sea in Dutch.

Lieke
12-25-2006, 04:54 AM
But I guess I'll have to work hard. I'll have less than a month to knit the socks.
I just finished my first paif of fingering wt yarn and it only took me 13 days, and I didn't work on 'em every day.I have faith that you'll get your yarn and be able to make your socks no prob. Besides if you're a little late it'd be ok with me, if I were your partner. Just let her/him know.

my first pair of socks, I finished in a week, (but the yarn was rather thick, thicker than the yarn I'll use now) but I had no college then. There are 2 exams before valentine's day, so I will be short on time anyway. This just makes it worse :pout: But I'll do my best and if I fail to finish it in time, I'll just let my partner know. :verysad:

Angelia
12-25-2006, 09:25 AM
Definitely don't stress over the Feb. 14th deadline, Lieke--this is supposed to be a FUN swap! If you're running a little late, no worries. And I have a feeling you won't be the only one. :heart:

Andrea
12-25-2006, 12:32 PM
Oooh, the Monkey pattern will be perfect for that yarn! :happydance: But wait--we're using sport weight and the pattern is written for fingering...we'll have to tweak a bit, methinks :thinking:

When you're done tweaking, just let me know the changes :teehee:

KellyK
12-25-2006, 12:36 PM
I havent heard from my sock pal yet... :verysad:

Andrea
12-25-2006, 12:36 PM
:pout: :pout: :pout:

Angelia
12-25-2006, 12:42 PM
When you're done tweaking, just let me know the changes :teehee:

:nails:

I said "we," you know! :-x

Oh, there's still time for taunting, Kelly! :hug:

KellyK
12-25-2006, 01:13 PM
I know, but the taunting and the trying to guess is my FAVORITE part!!!

thischicknits
12-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Kelly - Maybe you haven't heard from your partner yet because you are a "Captain Stinky-pants"! Thanks for keeping my present a secret!!

I haven't heard from my partner either. :verysad:
I like to think she/he is SO busy researching the absolute best yarn possible and the most sinfully beautiful pattern around. Try it and see if it fits. If not, I'll cry with you til we hear from our 'mates.

Have a happy day, everyone!

jberry16
12-25-2006, 02:52 PM
I got Sensational Knnitted Socks for Christmas from my dh :woot: and am curious what gauge y'all use for your finger weight socks, what feels best on your feet?

*KnitPixie*
12-25-2006, 03:07 PM
I haven't heard from my pal either :pout: LOL I'm right up there with you guys we can start a sulking team if they dont taunt us after christmas :teehee:

KellyK
12-25-2006, 03:29 PM
I.... Im.... Im a Captain Stinkypants?? :pout:

Let's form the first Olympic Sock Sulking Team!! Make it a SPORT! We'll get SPONSORSHIPS from yarn companies!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Angelia
12-25-2006, 04:10 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: at the Sulking Team! Silly bears!

I use 0s or 1s for fingering weight--depends on how the yarn feels. If it's kinda stringy, I go for the 0s. If it's more...fluffy...I go for the 1s.

thischicknits
12-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Gimme a "S" :cheering:
Gimme a "U" :cheering:
Gimme a "L" :cheering:
Gimme a "K" :cheering:

What's it spell? Again? One more time...

Oops, sorry, at least I still don't have my poms. :oops:

Liliyarn
12-25-2006, 08:11 PM
Okay....so I'm a stinky pants too? :pout:
No word from pal either.
I just took a shower....so I shouldn't be a stinky pants....

Snikky, snikky pal oh wheeeeerrreee aaaarrrrreeee yooooouuuu?

I've sent a message to my pal....it was a way to pass the time while I waited for sock yarn to arrive. Which it did!!!

Um, but it doesn't have as much of a certain color as I thought it did. I love the yarn though. So, I'm going ahead with it. If it doesn't look right then I can always get another yarn.

allegra918
12-26-2006, 12:11 AM
I made TWO orders to Lisa Souza for Violet's Pink Ribbon.One for me , and then I was feeling generous, so a couple days later I ordered two more hanks...to be gifted. I think I ordered the first one on Dec 3. Still no yarn. I emailed her this past week and she said her sport weight was on some ship trying to get to her. I'm not in a hurry, but you know how it is!

I haven't heard from my Sock Pal either.......but I haven't written mine either! Why don't we make a plan that we will all email our pals as of Jan 1?

*KnitPixie*
12-26-2006, 12:36 AM
LOL we are the first olympic sulking team :roflhard:
GO TEAM GO! :cheering: :woot:
Oh and I love the idea of making an effort to email are sock swap pals as of Jan 1st :thumbsup: besides being teased is all part of the fun

Leah22b
12-26-2006, 01:19 AM

Awesome Socks... I know mine will be soooooooo purdy..... :teehee:

Thanks!

Leah22b
12-26-2006, 01:25 AM
Um, Kelly, I think they might be MY partners until I know better... :teehee:

I think they are all mine... :teehee:

Merry Christmas everyone!

Leah22b
12-26-2006, 01:36 AM
Gimme a "S" :cheering:
Gimme a "U" :cheering:
Gimme a "L" :cheering:
Gimme a "K" :cheering:

What's it spell? Again? One more time...

Oops, sorry, at least I still don't have my poms. :oops:

Hahahahahahahaha
I still have mine somewhere...lol :oops: I guess I can't join the club though as I got asked a question.... I still have no Idea who has my name though. Oh boy the possibilities...

Merry Christmas everyone!

Shandeh
12-26-2006, 09:53 AM
I'm afraid to email my pal, because my old "yarn swap" pal figured me out very quickly. I'm not too good at being snikky. :pout:

jcmom
12-26-2006, 10:44 AM
No sulking, dear sock pals
You'll just have to wait
Being totally surprised
Must be your fate

Yarngineer
12-26-2006, 10:48 AM
I agree with jcmom. Just because you are not being teased, does not mean your sockpal isn't working hard for you.... :woot:

I haven't been contacted yet either, but then I haven't even contacted mine. I figured it was supposed to be a total surprise. But then I am new to this....

Angelia
12-26-2006, 12:43 PM
I'm afraid to email my pal, because my old "yarn swap" pal figured me out very quickly. I'm not too good at being snikky. :pout:

Stupid yahoo put my name in my email to my yarn swap pal, so she knew right away. I'm afraid to taunt now.

:verysad:

I figure I can just taunt here and bother everyone...:teehee:

mwedzi
12-26-2006, 02:13 PM
I agree with jcmom. Just because you are not being teased, does not mean your sockpal isn't working hard for you.... :woot:

absolutely. i haven't contacted mine and have not been contacted. i never even thought about people feeling bad because they were not being secretly taunted!

Angelia, you could always make a new account with a false name and send from there. If I used my email address to taunt, it would be pretty obvious since it starts with "mwedzi"!

KellyK
12-26-2006, 02:27 PM
I set up a "secret" email address for the yarn swap a few months ago.... JUST FOR THE TAUNTING. MWAAA HA HA HAAAAAA!!! :twisted:

*KnitPixie*
12-26-2006, 02:47 PM
kellyk same here :teehee:

mwedzi
12-26-2006, 03:13 PM
I set up a "secret" email address for the yarn swap a few months ago.... JUST FOR THE TAUNTING. MWAAA HA HA HAAAAAA!!! :twisted:

Oh, Kelly, for some reason your taunting email didn't reach me. I don't know why. :?? please send it again, partner.

Angelia
12-26-2006, 03:18 PM

Yarngineer
12-26-2006, 03:19 PM
YAYAYAYAYAY!

I just received my lisa souza sock yarn for my pal, and I received my petals collection today! Had to stop back home before leaving town. Just had to post about my excitment. Also, for those of you who have not received a package from Lisa Souza, definitely get in touch with her. DH had to wait in the car at the Post Office while I opened the packages right away!!! :happydance: :balloons:

Angelia
12-26-2006, 03:23 PM

Can you divulge the colorway? :shifty:

I was fourth in the queue when LS emailed me on Christmas Eve, so I know mine will be here soon--maybe by the end of the week! :woot:

thischicknits
12-26-2006, 03:48 PM
I just bought more sock yarn :cheering: :cheering: - now I'll have to figure out which yarn to use for my darling partner and what to keep :teehee: .
Partner? Did someone say partner? Hmmm...I wonder if they are all so busy knitting there is no time to tease!

:heart:

Jenelle
12-26-2006, 04:21 PM
I'm having a hard time deciding what socks to knit for my partner, or even what yarn to use.

So many sock yarns, so many patterns, so many decisions. :passedout:

Carol_OH
12-26-2006, 04:39 PM
hey Angelia - I thought I signed up for this though I haven't gotten an pms or emails..

thischicknits
12-26-2006, 05:10 PM
...and so little time!

KellyK
12-26-2006, 05:53 PM
I think its funny that we all have SEVERAL yarny options from which to choose for our parters.... sock obsessed? NAW... not us!! :teehee:

Julie
12-26-2006, 05:55 PM
re: the taunting...I haven't done so either...it's not my forte. I participated in a swap on another knitting board and I actually got reprimanded for not making up a fake login and taunting as is the custom there. :!!!: I was all, dude, I am sorry, not my thing, and I wasn't aware it was required. If I do say so myself, I'm a great swap partner...very good at the package part...but I just don't get into the taunting.

Angelia
12-26-2006, 06:23 PM
hey Angelia - I thought I signed up for this though I haven't gotten an pms or emails..

:shock:

I don't have you listed! Did you get a "gotcha" reply back from me?!

KellyK
12-26-2006, 06:53 PM
I didnt mean to scold anyone who wasnt taunting... :pout:

I just like alot of attention... Im sick and sad that way. :aww:

:shifty:

Dilly
12-26-2006, 07:00 PM
Not all of us have emails for our swappees, so it's not easy to taunt. :shrug:

I haven't taunted yet, but I'll consider making it a New Year's resolution to taunt more! :shifty:

Andrea
12-26-2006, 07:34 PM
I'm not a huge taunter either...but I lurv my pal anyway! :heart:

I got the yarn TODAY!! Chris approved of it too, he helped pick it out! I told him my person was peeeeeeerty! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

I was telling Chris about the "SqaP" and we were laughing trying to say SQAP SQCK SQAP and then he said "Sasquatch" :teehee: :teehee:

KellyK
12-26-2006, 07:36 PM
I told him my person was peeeeeeerty! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

AWWW! You have MEEEEEEE!!!??!?!? :flirt:

Andrea
12-26-2006, 07:42 PM

Stiney
12-26-2006, 07:51 PM
I told him my person was peeeeeeerty! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

AWWW! You have MEEEEEEE!!!??!?!? :flirt:

Pffft. She totally has ME, because I'M the prettiest person on the boards.

And the most modest. :teehee:

Shandeh
12-26-2006, 07:58 PM
I beg to differ! :? I have NO doubt that I am the recipient she was referring to. :flirt:

KellyK
12-26-2006, 08:00 PM
Andrea TOLD me I was perrrrrty. :P

Shandeh
12-26-2006, 08:08 PM
:pout: I was gonna post where Andrea had called me pretty in an earlier post, but I never found ONE time! :waah:

Andrea
12-26-2006, 08:09 PM
I knew this would happen :teehee:

Stiney
12-26-2006, 08:10 PM
:waah:

Angelia
12-26-2006, 08:26 PM
:flirt:

But what about MEEEEEEE!!

:flirt:

thischicknits
12-26-2006, 09:29 PM
KellyK wrote, "AWWW! You have MEEEEEEE!!!??!?!? :flirt:"

Margaret pats Kelly on the head. Poor Kelly.... if that's what you need to think, I understand, sweetie...

Liliyarn
12-26-2006, 10:40 PM
with all of these>>>>> :flirt:

I think I'm gonna be sick>>>>> :ick:

My sqap buddy e-mailed me =-) She said the sulk worked....now I just gotta be a good tourmented soul and e-mail her back.

five_six
12-26-2006, 10:43 PM
ooops... got caught up in all the sulking, and emailed my partner... BUT THEN, i read here today, that, maybe, i shouldn't have told her who i was!!!

I SCREWED UP ALREADY!!! :grrr:

Liliyarn
12-26-2006, 10:48 PM
ooops... got caught up in all the sulking, and emailed my partner... BUT THEN, i read here today, that, maybe, i shouldn't have told her who i was!!!

I SCREWED UP ALREADY!!! :grrr:

See...I wasn't gonna point that out. I was gonna be like..... :whistle:

It's my fault for the sulking....sorry...but I don't know what kind of socks you got me there.... :hug:

It's okay.

KellyK
12-27-2006, 01:51 AM
"AWWW! You have MEEEEEEE!!!??!?!? :flirt:"

*Margaret pats Kelly on the head.*
Poor Kelly.... if that's what you need to think, I understand, sweetie...

:!!!:

:pout:

:verysad:

:teehee: You got me GOOD there, Margaret. :teehee:

jolenel
12-27-2006, 01:52 AM
I checked my mail after some time away with family and found not only the sock yarn I ordered but also a Christmas card from my swapner! :woot: Thank you for the holiday cheer, swapner!

In the interest of being snikky, I may or may not have taunted my partner...but I will say that I am *certainly* fondling brand new sock yarn and have a pattern in mind. :teehee:

Rorshach
12-27-2006, 02:43 AM
I won't taunt my swap partner either, whether she expects me to or knot. I don't mind being taunted, but I don't have the heart to do so in return. :angelgrin:

KellyK
12-27-2006, 03:10 AM
aaa-HA! So you admit that your partner's a SHE! THAT narrows it DOWN! :twisted: :hiding:

Rorshach
12-27-2006, 03:22 AM
Well, I believe I'm the only guy in the swap, Kelly, and it would be a pointless swap to get myself, wouldn't you think? :shrug: besides, I do know this, I nor my wife have you to knit for. But we still like ya :D

Lieke
12-27-2006, 03:31 AM
woehoe, my sock yarn is on it's way. :happydance:

Angelia
12-27-2006, 08:48 AM
Yay, Lieke!! :happydance:

Gee, I had no idea taunting was such a serious issue...perhaps I should have made a "no contact" guideline...:teehee: