PDA

View Full Version : Sockintine Sock Swap!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10

JLC
01-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Well, I did cast on and did the first 4 rows of K2P2 ribbing last night. I was knitting by the light of my laptop because DH didn't want the light on anymore and I was too lazy to go downstairs. I didn't check this morning to make sure that I didn't make any mistakes. With my luck, I'll have to frog it tonight and start over.

KellyK
01-12-2007, 10:23 AM
Cant wait to see pics of them on your cold Canadian toesies, Dilly!!

Stiney
01-12-2007, 10:45 AM
OMG! I feel slow, too! At least it's the weekend--plenty of knitty time!

mwedzi
01-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Okay, so what do you guys think? Too cheesy? Be honest. I know you all feel the need to say how pretty everyone's work is, but I really want to know the truth this time (for other times, you can lie to me :) )

AmandaC
01-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Oh that is soooo cool!!!!

I hope they are mine :heart: :heart: :heart:

sara_jayne
01-12-2007, 12:34 PM
I love it, Nikki!

Friskums
01-12-2007, 12:40 PM
Aww, I think that's really sweet!

Liliyarn
01-12-2007, 01:26 PM
mwedzi - no cheese. Why didn't I think of something like that? Wouldn't it be cute to have KH on the bottom of the sock? I mean the bottom is so plain....

Dang it....I can't add it now.... :verysad:

My socks should be done long before 14th. However, I'm evil and won't mail them early. Plus that will give me plenty of time for additional goodies.

So no one fret over being slow. I have every intention of sending mine last minute and trying to plan for them to arrive on the 14th.

KnittinMitchie
01-12-2007, 02:46 PM
I have torn my first sock apart 3 times now because I just didn't like the looks of it. Talk about indesisive (sp). I finally deside to just knit the darn thing in stockenette and use one of the heel flaps from sensational knitted socks. Maybe I cna get sock one done this weekend and the 2nd sock done next week. My goal is to have the socks in the mail by hte 31st of January.

Shandeh
01-12-2007, 03:27 PM
What amazes me is that Dilly got hers first, and she's in Canada! We have other international knitters too, but it just seems SUPER FAST that Dilly got hers first! :shock:

I can't wait to see photos, Dilly!

Leah22b
01-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Wow was I behind... thats what I get for being out of the loop for a few days... Whewwwwwww I've finally read up to current...lol

Everyone is doing great :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: ... wow what pretty socks... :heart: :muah: I just know I'm going to love my socks...

That KH knit into the socks is really cool too...

Wow someone sent socks already... oh boy that makes me feel really behind... :pout: I guess I better get working..

Angelia
01-12-2007, 06:14 PM
I love the KH in the sock!!! That's a wonderful idea!! :cheering: :cheering:

I've only knit about 2 inches of the cuff on my first sock...deciding on a pattern was hard!

jberry16
01-12-2007, 07:45 PM
I'm only 1/2 way done with foot on sock #1-talk about behind and I really need to get my butt in gear b/c I have classes starting tomorrow (only go on the weekends b/c that's when dh can watch the kids. (sigh) so much knitting and soon there will be lots of homework to do too. hummmm.
ps like the kh on the sock too.

cara
01-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Yup, I love the KH too!

I started my heel flap on sock #1 today. tonight I hope to turn the heel and get the rest of the sides picked up.. it will be my first time!

WISH ME LUCK!

Wow Dilly, you got yours already!!! maybe I'll run into you sometime at the LYS and you can show me!

Cheers!

Hsiaokuo62
01-12-2007, 08:57 PM
I like the way my sockintine's sock plan B is looking :blooby:

the yarn is so soft its like knitting a little sweater! :woohoo:

thischicknits
01-12-2007, 09:28 PM
Happy Friday everyone! I hope your weekend is filled with sockfully wonderful moments! I am hoping to finish my first sock this weekend...

Knit, knit, purl, purl, cable, purl, purl (repeat)... :teehee:

Friskums
01-12-2007, 09:33 PM
I'm planning on finally having plenty of time to knit on my sock this weekend. I never realized how much I missed knitting during the day at work now that I don't have time to do it. :verysad:

KellyK
01-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Nikki... not only do I think that commemorating this sock swap in colorwork is an AWESOME and thoughtful thing to do, but your colorwork is FLAWLESS!!! :shock: I always end up with looseness... :notworthy:

Hsiaokuo62
01-12-2007, 11:07 PM
Nikki I think your KH is extremely cool and I would love to get a sock like that. In fact I would love to know how you did that. :shrug:

Lieke
01-13-2007, 12:34 AM
Okay, so what do you guys think? Too cheesy? Be honest. I know you all feel the need to say how pretty everyone's work is, but I really want to know the truth this time (for other times, you can lie to me :) )

that's so cool. can I steal this idea for my heel :angelgrin:

Shandeh
01-13-2007, 03:22 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/beging/1.gif I wanna KH on my heel! http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/8.gif
:waah:

Dilly
01-13-2007, 09:15 AM
Cant wait to see pics of them on your cold Canadian toesies, Dilly!!

Your wish is my command! :notworthy:

Here are a couple of pics of my warm, toasty pink socks.

Thank you, Swap partner! :hug:

Angelia
01-13-2007, 09:24 AM
Wow, those look cozy!! :inlove: Are they as thick as they look? They almost look like slipper socks!

Dilly
01-13-2007, 09:25 AM
They are a slipper sock. They are very thick and cozy. I don't think I would be able to fit them in a pair of shoes. They keep my toes and nice and warm! :happydance:

Angelia
01-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Yay for warm toezies!!! :happydance:

They're not going to replace the Pickle Clogs, are they?! :shock:

Shandeh
01-13-2007, 09:43 AM
Nice and cuddly!

Dilly
01-13-2007, 09:52 AM
Yay for warm toezies!!! :happydance:

They fit very nicely inside of the Pickle Clogs! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

KellyK
01-13-2007, 10:26 AM

ONG I would never even TRY" to make something that replaces the pickle clogs! Those boots are made for WALKIN.... these will do when Dilly puts her feet up to watch TV and knit, or if she has cold feetsies in BED. :cheering:

mwedzi
01-13-2007, 11:31 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/beging/1.gif I wanna KH on my heel! http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/8.gif

i LOVE that tantrum smiley! just great.

okay, so since people don't seem to think the KH is cheesy, I won't frog this. Thank goodness, I was getting tired of frogging this sock.

babydill, your socks look so warm and cozy!

Shandeh
01-13-2007, 11:58 AM
I want some Dilly socks! http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/8.gifMy feet are COLD! http://bestsmileys.com/cold/15.gif

mintdee
01-13-2007, 12:09 PM
Look at what my swap pal posted on my blog the other day. :roflhard: :roflhard:

Dramatic happenings on As The Heel Turns today:

Anony Sock Swap Pal messed up and had to frog several rows *gasp*

Needle One and Needle Two over came this obsticle. They came together in a circle of friendship. That's a tight knit group there...

With them working together progress was made.

Toe survived his surgery and came through with flying hand painted colors. He's all grafted up now. Recovering on the blocker.

On the next As The Heel Turns...
Will First Sock find his mate?
Will the yarn get all tangled? Will the dryer eat her?
:roflhard: I love it!

My update? All you people who feel like you are going to slow? no worries. I am just now starting my swatches and hope to start the actual sock tomorrow. :hug:

dreadfull
01-13-2007, 07:04 PM
uh oh

i went a little over my budget already!!:psst:

i just wanted to get my partner some nice yarn! i never intended to spend too much! arggh! oops! i guess they won't be getting any extra goodies.

:wall:

and people are already getting their socks!!!!????

ahhhh!

i've only done one toe. and while it is quite a beautiful toe (pictures soon!) it's not near a finished pair of socks.
being a full-time art student doesn't leave much time for knitting.
but they will be done in time! (i hope!)

Andrea
01-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Andrea, unrelated to the sqap, I DO have a pair of socks planned for you!

Reaaaaaaaaaaally?????????? :flirt:

Friskums
01-13-2007, 07:51 PM
Question about making socks on magic loop toe up:

I'm almost to where I'm going to be making the heel. Up until this point, I have the top of the sock with the pattern on one needle and the bottom of the sock with stockinette on the other. Do I have to move any of the sts around before I start on the heel? Will I only be working part of the sts on the needle to make the heel?
The pattern I'm using is originally cuff down and worked on 3 DPNs. It says to put the sts on N1 with the sts on N3, so I don't think I need to move anything from how it is on my needles, but as this is my first pair, I just don't really know.

If anyone knows what kind of heel this (http://www.grumperina.com/knitblog/archives/2005/10/theres_the_easy.htm) is, this is kind of what I'd like to do. Is this just a regular gusset heel?

Edit: Ok, I'm pretty sure I've got it all figured out. So, nevermind, really.

cara
01-13-2007, 09:04 PM
I turned the heel with great success and am knitting the body.

here is my next question for when I am doing the decreases....

if my partner were to have a wider or narrower foot.. would I decrease the gusset to be a little less or a little more than my original CO stitches?

or would ribbing hold in on a narrower foot better anyways without changing the stitche number or would st.st. be okay for a wider foot without changing the stitch number?

(I'm trying to be sneaky here!)

Thanks!

thischicknits
01-13-2007, 10:41 PM
I finished one sock last night!!! :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

To those who are still working, I say don't worry if you aren't done yet - we have plenty of time to finish.

Congrats on all of the wonderful socks and yarn finds posted - I would love any one of them!

Lieke
01-14-2007, 04:30 AM
dilly, I love your socks. they look really cozy.

I haven't turned my heel yet, but I think I'll start on it in a while. Hope I won't mess up this time.

I love the blog entry "as the heel turns"

Angelia
01-14-2007, 09:02 AM
Andrea, unrelated to the sqap, I DO have a pair of socks planned for you!

Reaaaaaaaaaaally?????????? :flirt:

Yes! :flirt:

As the heel turns... :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Here's my sock in progress--only one cuff done, but as you can see, the sock is fair isle, tricky business on dpns! And NO! I will not give in and use magic loop or two circs; I'm a dpn girl! :teehee:

Lieke
01-14-2007, 09:24 AM
angelia, your socks look really great :heart:

I'm turning my heel again, now I won't mess up. (I hope)

mwedzi
01-14-2007, 09:26 AM
Angelia! :thud:

Lieke
01-14-2007, 09:51 AM
I've turned my heel :happydance:

Vendie
01-14-2007, 10:28 AM
Where did you get the pattern for my beautiful socks Angelia? :flirt:

I'm working on the foot of my first sock. I got distracted by another deadline project that I have. But never fear, sqap pal, the Monkeys, they go quickly!

KnittyKitty
01-14-2007, 11:15 AM
Angelia! Those socks are amazing! I want to reassure you that I will take very good care of them when I receive them! Too sweet! :muah: :muah:

:teehee:

KellyK
01-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Ang, those are AMAZING. WOW. Just WOW.

sara_jayne
01-14-2007, 11:33 AM
Ang, those socks are awesome! I can't wait until I get them! :teehee:

I was able to get all the way through the gusset shaping on my first sock last night and I'm in love with the sock - it will be hard to give away but my pal deserves an awesome pair sock! :heart:

thischicknits
01-14-2007, 11:52 AM
Angelia - the only thing I can say is

:thud:

WOW.

Stiney
01-14-2007, 12:04 PM
All the beautiful socks...

:thud:

:passedout:

jberry16
01-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Angelia, whoa baby! those socks are, wow...I'm speachless.

jrsas
01-14-2007, 01:05 PM
OH MY!!!! The socks are beautiful! I would never try Fair isle on dpn's, don't do it well on two needles.

Friday was our final inspection and we passed, no more 12 hour days for weeks on end. :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I was able to finish the first sock and it looks great. Will be casting on number two today. Must do some wash first. :doh:

The pink socks look so cuddly, what yarn was used???

Shandeh
01-14-2007, 03:04 PM
:notworthy: Angelia :notworthy:
:passedout:

earthchick
01-14-2007, 03:27 PM
Angelia, GORGEOUS socks!! You're so sweet to make those for me! :muah:

Angelia
01-14-2007, 04:10 PM
:aww: thanks everyone! I hope they fit...um...all of you! :teehee:

The pattern is here (http://www.knittingzone.com/catalog/product_info.php?pName=bird-foot-socks-download&cName=by-type-footwear-socks-slippers) if you're interested in it! I can't wait to start a pair for me! (And I have to remind myself frequently that the pair I'm knitting is NOT mine...:shifty:)

Angelia
01-14-2007, 04:10 PM
:aww: thanks everyone! I hope they fit...um...all of you! :teehee:

The pattern is here (http://www.knittingzone.com/catalog/product_info.php?pName=bird-foot-socks-download&cName=by-type-footwear-socks-slippers) if you're interested in it! I can't wait to start a pair for me! (And I have to remind myself frequently that the pair I'm knitting is NOT mine...:shifty:)

Jenelle
01-14-2007, 04:49 PM
Angelia's socks put mine to shame. :verysad:

Very beautiful, though! :muah: :cheering:

(Though I would have really liked them better in green, I guess the gold will work. :teehee: )

I'm still not done with sock 1 for my partner, and I have a month left knit them. I might just end up doing something like Dilly. There's is absolutely no way I'm going to get the socks done now that I have going by then.

Off to look in the stash! :out:

mwedzi
01-14-2007, 05:06 PM
I frogged it all again. I cant' seem to make it just right. :doh: Good thing I have some pics for the memories, though.

want2knit
01-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Angelia--great looking sock!

I just finished my first sock :cheering: Will CO #2 tomorrow. One month left........

jolenel
01-14-2007, 07:57 PM
Angelia, that sock is GORGEOUS! :notworthy:

And the patterns at that site are pretty nice, hmmmm... So, sock swap next year?

Angelia
01-14-2007, 08:08 PM
And the patterns at that site are pretty nice, hmmmm...

I know...I bought three. :oops:

So, sock swap next year?

Next year? Sometime again THIS year, I'm thinking...:teehee:

Stiney
01-14-2007, 08:50 PM
And the patterns at that site are pretty nice, hmmmm...

I know...I bought three. :oops:

I think yours looks better than the ones on their site! They should use it as their picture. :hug:

Leah22b
01-15-2007, 12:23 PM
I hope all went well! If you haven't gotten to it yet then Good luck!
:cheering:

Yup, I love the KH too!

I started my heel flap on sock #1 today. tonight I hope to turn the heel and get the rest of the sides picked up.. it will be my first time!

WISH ME LUCK!

Wow Dilly, you got yours already!!! maybe I'll run into you sometime at the LYS and you can show me!

Cheers!

sara_jayne
01-15-2007, 12:31 PM
Sock # 1 down!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

These are going to be SUPER hard for me to give to my pal, but I guess that is a good reason to order more of this STR, right? :shrug:

Leah22b
01-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Ohhhhhh how pretty... :muah:

Everything is comeing out soooooo pretty...

I've :frog: frogged mine back to the rib... :verysad: The pattern just wasn't working with my Yarn... I'm going to have to go with something really simple or it just gets lost in my pretty yarn!

jberry16
01-15-2007, 02:17 PM
sara_jayne those are georgous! Thank youu for making me some green socks, can;t wait to wear them on St. Patricks Day!

KellyK
01-15-2007, 03:07 PM
SaraJayne.... those are just to DIE for!!! :inlove:

mwedzi
01-15-2007, 03:16 PM

These are going to be SUPER hard for me to give to my pal, but I guess that is a good reason to order more of this STR, right? :shrug:

your socks look fabulous! did you get the pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks?

sara_jayne
01-15-2007, 03:24 PM
:aww: Thanks ladies!

your socks look fabulous! did you get the pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks?

I did get the pattern from SKS - it is the Oblique Openwork pattern on page 55 and I used the heel for the ribbled lace sock. I was worried about the pattern with the yarn, but I love it now that I see it completely finished!

Angelia
01-15-2007, 03:25 PM
Oh wow, SJ, those are stunning!!! :inlove:

I can't wait to wear them! :shifty:

SandraEllen
01-15-2007, 03:34 PM
I'm just here to whine. I bought SKS locally (not online) so I paid a "premium" for it.

And then I accidently left it in the waiting room at the hospital. :verysad:

I don't think I can make myself pay the extra money this time to have it now. I guess i'll have to order the book and a bunch of yarn from KnitPicks.

Liliyarn
01-15-2007, 03:41 PM
sara_jayne - Love it! I almost did that one myself. Now that I see it knitted up, I think I'll make a pair for me.

Vendie
01-15-2007, 03:43 PM
Oooooh, those are gorgeous SJ! Your pal is going to looooooooove them!

earthchick
01-15-2007, 03:45 PM
SaraJayne, OMG!!! Those are freakin' gorgeous! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Leah22b
01-15-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm just here to whine. I bought SKS locally (not online) so I paid a "premium" for it.

And then I accidently left it in the waiting room at the hospital. :verysad:

I don't think I can make myself pay the extra money this time to have it now. I guess i'll have to order the book and a bunch of yarn from KnitPicks.

Have you called the hospital? Maybe its still there and you can get it back.

Good luck! :hug:

thischicknits
01-15-2007, 04:18 PM
SJ - Did you know I am Irish? I LOVE THOSE SOCKS!!! I'm sure they will fit me just fine.

And now on to #2 :X:

Shandeh
01-15-2007, 05:33 PM
The pattern is here (http://www.knittingzone.com/catalog/product_info.php?pName=bird-foot-socks-download&cName=by-type-footwear-socks-slippers) if you're interested in it!
SO PURTY!!! I really like the "Winter Dreams" socks on that site.
http://www.knittingzone.com/catalog/popup_image.php?pID=5044

Shandeh
01-15-2007, 05:37 PM
Sara Jayne! WOW!!! :heart:

And Sandra Ellen - You poor thing! http://bestsmileys.com/comfort/2.gif

KnittyKitty
01-15-2007, 07:54 PM
Ooo! Sara Jayne! Lovely! Just lovely! Everyone is doing such a great job on their sockies!

I have a little problem now tho... I've dipped into my second ball of yarn to finish the toe of my first sock! :wall: I guess I'm in trouble now! Does anyone have any suggestions short of me ordering another skein to be able to finish my second sock with what I have left? Thanks!

Meanwhile sock pal, I know you are on here... looking and reading and posting and stuff... just wanted to show you part one of what I have for you! I really hope you like what you see so far!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/hewittli/finishedsock1-1.jpg

cara
01-15-2007, 08:20 PM
Isn't it lucky for me that you all got ME in the swap and I am going to get all of those socks!!

yaya

jberry16
01-15-2007, 09:57 PM
is that the monkey pattern? very nice. Was it easy? I'd just order another skein and if you dont use it then send it back.
:shrug: or you could make the cuff of the next sock a little shorter, jk.

earthchick
01-15-2007, 11:51 PM
KnittyKitty, :heart: :heart: :heart: !

thischicknits
01-16-2007, 12:07 AM
Nice work, knittykitty!! BBBBBEEEEEAAAUUUUTTIIFFFFUUUULLLL!

mwedzi
01-16-2007, 12:26 AM
Meanwhile sock pal, I know you are on here... looking and reading and posting and stuff... just wanted to show you part one of what I have for you! I really hope you like what you see so far!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/hewittli/finishedsock1-1.jpg

Oh, thank you for showing everyone my hippopotamous socks (I can never remember their real name). Just tell all those spectators not to get their drool on my socks!

jberry16
01-16-2007, 01:33 AM
hippopotamous socks, aren't they monkey socks? If you can't remember the real name then you shouldn't get to wear them. jk :teehee:

CateKnits
01-16-2007, 01:40 AM
hippopotamous socks, aren't they monkey socks? If you can't remember the real name then you shouldn't get to wear them. jk :teehee:
Then I guess you don't get to wear them, either.
Pomatomus. (http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter05/PATTpomatomus.html) I win. Except I'm not participating.

Shandeh
01-16-2007, 02:35 AM
:rofl:

Lieke
01-16-2007, 03:13 AM
I love all the socks I have seen in the last few pages. (had a lot to catch up with)

I haven't made any progress yet, was to busy studying.

KnittyKitty
01-16-2007, 07:27 AM
ROFL!!!! You guys crack me up!

Nikki, I'll be sure the wash the drool off first before sending them to... my sock pal. :teehee:

jberry, Cate is right its part one of the pomatomus socks. It isn't hard, but I had to be careful with the charts.

Thanks thischickknits and earthchick!

jberry16
01-16-2007, 11:32 AM
jberry, Cate is right its part one of the pomatomus socks. It isn't hard, but I had to be careful with the charts.
darnit, hate it when I'm wrong. What the heck are the monkey socks I keep hearing about? And how the heck do you all follow those charts? I can't seem to get my brain to get my fingers to do it.
:?? :wall:

SandraEllen
01-16-2007, 11:36 AM
wow! I love all the pretty socks!!! I'd be ecstatic to receive any of them!

Shandeh
01-16-2007, 12:04 PM
What the heck are the monkey socks I keep hearing about?

I THINK they are referring to this pattern:
http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEwinter06/PATTmonkey.html

jberry16
01-16-2007, 12:31 PM
ah, ok, shoot they look similar. Thanks for clarifying.

Angelia
01-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Oooh, preeeeeety Pomatomus socks!

I finally finished the first sock for my pal!! :thud:

Sock pal, I hope you appreciate fair isle on size 0 dpns... :rofl: :rofl:

Sorry about the craptastic photo. It's too gray out to photograph outside, and the inside lighting stinks. So does my camera. :pout:

Shandeh
01-16-2007, 01:50 PM
I love your photo, and I WANT THOSE SOCKS NOW!! http://bestsmileys.com/angry1/8.gif

Dilly
01-16-2007, 01:51 PM
:thud: Stunning work, Angelia! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

sara_jayne
01-16-2007, 01:54 PM
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: BEAUTIFUL JOB, Ang!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

KellyK
01-16-2007, 02:00 PM
OKAY, OKAY... YOU win the BEST SOCK award. Now, stop showin off!! :yadda:

Angelia
01-16-2007, 02:01 PM

:pout:

:verysad:

Stiney
01-16-2007, 02:17 PM
We need something in that picture for scale, so we can try and figure out if it will feet our feet. :teehee:

KellyK
01-16-2007, 02:19 PM

:pout:

:verysad:

Now, Ang... you know me better than to think I really meant that!!!! :hug: :heart: :hug:

Im KNOWN for JOKING, arent I?? ;) :twisted:

Vendie
01-16-2007, 02:21 PM
Sock pal, I hope you appreciate fair isle on size 0 dpns... :rofl: :rofl:

Oh, I DO! Thank you so much! :flirt: :teehee:

Yarngineer
01-16-2007, 02:43 PM
I *LOVE* fair isle. So nice to know you really thought of me in picking the pattern. :oops: :muah:

I have one sock done. Need to start on de udder monkee.... :roflhard:

KnittinMitchie
01-16-2007, 03:02 PM
DANG I've got to be the dullest knitter in the world. I knitted my socks in stockinette. Then again, I'm still mastering socks. This only my 3rd adult size pair. I do hope my swap partner likes her socks though. Here is a pic of sock #1. Scok #2 is on the needles and had about 2 rows of the cuff knitted.

Jenelle
01-16-2007, 03:07 PM
We need something in that picture for scale, so we can try and figure out if it will feet our feet. :teehee:

Don't you mean fit our feet? :teehee:

Stiney
01-16-2007, 03:14 PM
:shifty:

feminine_earth
01-16-2007, 04:27 PM
Yikes! I am REALLY getting worried that I won't finish these socks in time! I'm only on the heel part of the first sock!! :pout: They're taking longer than I expected because I have absolutley NO TIME for anything these days. :hair:

I'm going to try my best to knit for at least half an hour every evening, and then all weekend long this weekend. This is my first pair of socks, so I'm not sure how long it really takes to finish one. I'm not a fast knitter, but not super slow either. Do you guys think I can still finish in time??

I'm trying, swap partner, I really am!! I'm gonna knit like crazy and hope I get them done in time! :pray:

Angelia
01-16-2007, 04:42 PM
Kewwy!! :hug: :heart: I know you keeed me!

"feet our feet" :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

And no worries on the time, folks! No rush, no rush! The second sock usually goes faster than the first because you get a rhythm going. It's getting to the second sock that can be tricky! :teehee:

want2knit
01-16-2007, 05:03 PM
Yikes! I am REALLY getting worried that I won't finish these socks in time! I'm only on the heel part of the first sock!! :pout: They're taking longer than I expected because I have absolutley NO TIME for anything these days. :hair:

I'm going to try my best to knit for at least half an hour every evening, and then all weekend long this weekend. This is my first pair of socks, so I'm not sure how long it really takes to finish one. I'm not a fast knitter, but not super slow either. Do you guys think I can still finish in time??

I'm trying, swap partner, I really am!! I'm gonna knit like crazy and hope I get them done in time! :pray:

I think you can do it! Actually I'm praying for myself too, but I'm done with the first one and about to start #2. I started the first one right after Christmas, with a few days of intensive knitting sessions, and I didn't knit every day either. Most of my knitting gets done on the weekend too, but the rest of this month is crazy with fully scheduled weekends. I, too, think the second one will go quicker now that I'm used to the stitch pattern. This will be my first completed "pair" of socks, my first sock still has no match! So, don't worry, I'm sure there are many of us in your position, and our partners will understand--we're all such a nice group! Don't fret.

Leah22b
01-16-2007, 05:58 PM
Aunty Missy... Don't worry I'm still on the Leg of my 1st sock. I think we will finish.

Ang, Knitty Those socks are to die for...Thank you Thank you Thank you... :teehee:

:muah:

Leah22b
01-16-2007, 06:03 PM
DANG I've got to be the dullest knitter in the world. I knitted my socks in stockinette. Then again, I'm still mastering socks. This only my 3rd adult size pair. I do hope my swap partner likes her socks though. Here is a pic of sock #1. Scok #2 is on the needles and had about 2 rows of the cuff knitted.

They are coming out really nice. I wouldn't worry about the stockinette. It's the love you put into them that counts... :muah:

Mine are only a 2x2 rib. All the other patterns I tried were too busy for my yarn... Oh well... I think they are coming along nicely....

Listen up pal-o-mine.... I'm working away on your socks and putting lots of :heart: into them... so hopfully you will like them. :hug: :happydance: :hug:

Liliyarn
01-16-2007, 06:38 PM
Color me done in a day or two. I'm on the foot tube of second sock.

Thank goodness, cause I've got lots to do.

jcmom
01-16-2007, 06:42 PM
I agree with Leah. It's the love that goes into the socks. I'm under the impression beginners are paired with beginners and more experienced with more experienced. I'll love whatever I receive since nobody has ever made me a pair of socks anyway. :grphug:

Shandeh
01-16-2007, 07:08 PM
Christine, your socks are just fine! I still wear the first socks I made, and I love them! They don't have to be fancy to be appreciated. You did a great job.

KellyK
01-16-2007, 07:34 PM

I keeeed LOTS of people! :P

Angelia
01-16-2007, 08:06 PM
:teehee: Yes, yes you do! :flirt:

I did not pair new sock knitters with new sock knitters; I only paired people by amount willing to spend.

But for those of you who are knitting your first socks, rest assured they will be just as warmly appreciated as socks knit by a veteran sock knitter. It's all about the warmth of the exchange! Plain, fancy, I don't care; I just love the idea of someone taking the time to knit a pair of socks for me!

Sandy, I would wear my first pair of socks...if they fit! :teehee: The whole 'put your foot on the floor' thing hadn't occurred to me. :roll:

jberry16
01-16-2007, 08:33 PM
I've been studying psychology and haven't knitted on my swap socks (or anything for that matter) for a little over a week...boy do I miss it. But after 4 hours of homework I'm done until Sat. and will knit knit knit. Hope to finish sock 1 this week. However my dh is out of town and I'm the only one to care for 2 kids, little kids. 33mo and 10 mo. So I'll do as much as I can. yea for 8:30 bed times!!! :cheering:

SandraEllen
01-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Sandy, I would wear my first pair of socks...if they fit! :teehee: The whole 'put your foot on the floor' thing hadn't occurred to me. :roll:

meeee toooo!

mwedzi
01-16-2007, 10:08 PM

I keeeed LOTS of people! :P

I don't know what 'keeeed' is, but please don't do it to me, Kelly. It sounds like it hurts!

Okay, a letter to my partner:

Dear Sock Partner,

I have frogged and knit your sock 6, 7, 8 times, who knows? I just can't frog it anymore. I have other projects that must be done. I have to (re :pout: )write a paper on object asymmetries in Zulu. I'm afraid your socks are going to have to be imperfect.

I shoulda known the mosaic patterns would come out like this. If you look at the pic in SKS, you can see the horizontal lines are bowed. I wondered why, and now I know. It is really not easy to get the same gauge on plain stockinette as in slip stitch patterns. I'm not totally sure it's possible.

I considered buying you socks from Land's End. A friend of mine got a pair from there for ski trip (I think) and they were really thick and looked like they could have been hand knit. But no! I must go on. Must knit the socks for partner.

Please find it in your :heart: to forgive the flaws.

KellyK
01-16-2007, 10:22 PM
AWW! Nikki! They are BEAUTIOFULL!!! I would bet that YOU are the only one seeing "imperfections".

jberry16
01-16-2007, 10:31 PM
look fine to me, imperfect=handmade

Shandeh
01-16-2007, 11:52 PM
:heart: Pretty colors! :heart:

KnittinMitchie
01-17-2007, 01:30 AM
I knitted my mom a pair of ankle socks for christmas along with a change purse. She absolutely LOVES those socks. She's shows them off to ALL of her friends. I knitted them from this bright orange yarn, which is her fav color. That was the first pair of adult socks.

After I finsish my 2nd swap sock I'm on to knitting for the hubby. OH did I metion I ordered the KP Options set?? I got #2  for Christmas. I havent put those needles down since I got them.

Ya gotta love KP needles. They are SO much nicer than the plastic Lion Brand that I have been knitting on.

Lieke
01-17-2007, 03:40 AM
Angelia, your socks look absolutely great :thud: :passedout:

I had the chance to knit a bit on my socks yesterday, so now I've got half the cuff of sock#1 done. I hope I can finish it this week.

I found out that shipping takes 4-6 days, which is less than I expected, so I've got a day or 2 more to knit my socks. I hope I'll make it in time, otherwise, sorry to my sock pal, I've really tried to finish your sock in time.

Yarngineer
01-17-2007, 09:42 AM
Nikki,

Even if your intended pattern is off, the mispattern in itself may be a beautiful pattern! I would not give up. I would love to get those socks, even if the pattern is random and not what you intended.

:eyebrow:

jberry16
01-17-2007, 11:11 AM
a note from my swap socks to their soon to be wearer:

Hello feet,
I'm almost knit up, just about another inch to knit before my knitter can start decreasing my toes. Then my creator promises to make me a mate, o how purdy we'll be together on your feet. I haven't seen many of your postings here but hope you are lurking around and like what you see, I also hope you like me. My creator said she'd post a pic. of me when I'm done, don't want any more undecient pictures of me posted. I'm too pretty and therefor you have to wait to see a pic of me fully dressed. Can't wait to be finsihed and meet my mate and then hopefully we'll make your 'fav. to wear' list and maybe even get worn out? (but not too soon, we'd like a long life on your feet) Sorry this message is not private, but you leave me no choice, you don't have a blog or anything for me to post on.
I think that's enough of a hint to hold you till next time.
Your socks

Dang, didn't realize how long that sock was gonna make that message, guess he had a lot to say to his feet. I think maybe he gave to many clues, what do y'all think? Who am I knitting for???

cara
01-17-2007, 11:15 AM
oh dearest Sock Swap partner,

i have finished your first sock. Left or right? well that is for you to decide. It was my first sock ever and I have loved it many evenings. I have learned with it, cried with it, laughed at it and squeezed it tight. This sock will soon have a friend and off to you they will go looking for more love and squeezes.

Please enjoy your soft/fuzzy pink socks as per your request......

sara_jayne
01-17-2007, 11:23 AM
:cheering: :cheering: Everything looks so great!!!!

Shandeh
01-17-2007, 11:32 AM
I wish we could have a photo of all the socks together when they are all finished. It would look like Sock Heaven!! :heart:

feminine_earth
01-17-2007, 11:34 AM
That pink sock is so cuuuuuuute!!!! :inlove:

jberry16
01-17-2007, 11:43 AM
Love that soft fluffy pink sock! So pretty, it looks like dark pink cotton candy, I love cotton candy.

Leah22b
01-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Please find it in your :heart: to forgive the flaws.

Awwwwwwww :hug: They look really nice from the picture! I know I would love them. :heart:, and I'm sure others will if I'm not your swapy... :teehee:

Leah22b
01-17-2007, 12:34 PM
Please enjoy your soft/fuzzy pink socks as per your request......

Wow... :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: Fantastic job.... That looks great. I never would have guessed it was your first.

mulene
01-17-2007, 12:56 PM
Soo get this. I finally decide on pattern, I order the yarn waiting for it to arrive and I have some chores to do. One of which is open a plastic box from the freezer to check its contents. No problem, open it by running forefinger of left hand around lid... now just a sec.. that kinda hurt. OMFG that hurts a LOT. Wait why is the countertop all red? Woah I feel a bit faint.

Yep I sliced the top of my left index finger in a smallish but deep cut not dissimilar to a paper cut in the style of cut but the depth is rather deep. I went to get it looked at, had some steri strips and a dressing on it and have been sulking since last weekend when it happened.

I am a thrower. My left index finger pushes the needle through. I can't push with it it hurts like hell. I've tried knitting without pushing and with using the middle finger but my hand cramps up not long after. My sock knitting speed is waaaaayyy down and I am going away on business from Sunday to Wednesday. There will be no knitting time while away =(

My socks are going to be late for their recipient - she knows this already but it doesn't make me feel any less guilty.

SandraEllen
01-17-2007, 01:11 PM
Oh, Mulene, your poor finger. :verysad: maybe you'll have a miraculous healing. :hug:

KnittinMitchie
01-17-2007, 01:20 PM
poor poor finger :muah: maybe that will help it heal faster.

Stiney
01-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Mulene, I order you to stop feeling guilty, THIS INSTANT.

It was an accident, and it could've happened to anyone.

FEEL BETTER! :hug:

Friskums
01-17-2007, 01:55 PM
Mulene, I order you to stop feeling guilty, THIS INSTANT.

It was an accident, and it could've happened to anyone.

FEEL BETTER! :hug:
Seconded! :muah: :muah: :hug:

Stiney
01-17-2007, 02:12 PM
I was working on my sqck during lunch and scared myself into thinking my sock wouldn't fit my partner's feet... I had to go back and reassure myself that I cast-on the correct number of stitches.

Leah22b
01-17-2007, 02:43 PM
:shock: Oh my thats horrible! :hug: I hope finger gets better really soon! :muah: I can't think about not being able to knit for days and days I'd go crazy! :hair: :zombie:

KellyK
01-17-2007, 02:51 PM
OH, MULENE!!! :pout: How could anyone get bent out of shape about that??? It is a knitters' worst fear to lose the use of a knitting finger!!

:hug: :heart: :hug: :heart: :muah: :heart: :hug: :heart: :hug:

Steeny... I even had a sock knitting nightmare! I dreamt that someone had knit me the most BEAUTIFUL and SOFT alpaca socks and the first day I wore them they fell apart. The guilt in the dream was HORRIBLE. This sqap is getting to ALL of us!! :teehee:

Julie
01-17-2007, 02:52 PM
:hug: Mulene...that's awful. When I used to work in Gift Wrap, I would get cardboard cuts instead of paper cuts...ouch!! :shock:

I just realized that I haven't posted my progress yet....my DD starts ballet today so that means more knitting time for me while I wait! :happydance: Hopefully I can get these done by the end of the week...

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/159/353142349_16ac9f1d24_m.jpg

jberry16
01-17-2007, 03:10 PM
Julie, that yarn is beautiful!!! Thank you for choosing such pretty colors for my socks, you're a doll.

Julie
01-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Isn't it lovely? Yarnahoy :thumbsup:

KnittyKitty
01-17-2007, 03:41 PM
Oh, Julie that yarn is scrumptious!

KellyK
01-17-2007, 03:50 PM
GAWGEOUS, Jul!!!! :inlove:

KnittyKitty
01-17-2007, 04:23 PM
Mulene! I hope you finger heals quickly!

mwedzi
01-17-2007, 04:43 PM
Ow Mulene, owie owie owie!

I was working on my sqck during lunch and scared myself into thinking my sock wouldn't fit my partner's feet... I had to go back and reassure myself that I cast-on the correct number of stitches.

I have this fear all the time. All. the. time. Like, right now. 5 minutes ago. 5 minutes from now. every nanosecond in between.

I am loving the pics of everyone's socks, though. I think we definitely should open a Flickr group when everyone has their socks and post pics of all of us happily wearing our socks.

feminine_earth
01-17-2007, 05:27 PM
Ow Mulene, owie owie owie!

I was working on my sqck during lunch and scared myself into thinking my sock wouldn't fit my partner's feet... I had to go back and reassure myself that I cast-on the correct number of stitches.I am loving the pics of everyone's socks, though. I think we definitely should open a Flickr group when everyone has their socks and post pics of all of us happily wearing our socks.
This is an awesome idea!! :)

thischicknits
01-17-2007, 07:51 PM
OMG Mulene - you should not worry about a thing! When you heal, your socks will fly with love!! Have a quick recovery...

jberry16
01-18-2007, 12:07 AM
I am loving the pics of everyone's socks, though. I think we definitely should open a Flickr group when everyone has their socks and post pics of all of us happily wearing our socks.
well what are you waiting for, set it up! (then youcan give us the info to post pics of our finished socks and then when our partners get them they should post pics of them wearing the socks and whatever goodies they may have received too. :happydance:

KellyK
01-18-2007, 01:12 AM
The CUTEST sock-related story tonight.... one of the Wednesday open knit night regulars, Nancy, a lady in her late 60's? wrote me a LIMERICK! I must share... its SO sweet!

At Chix, there's this wonderful knitter
The "sock bug" has certainly bit her
Let's think of a name
for Kelly K.'s fame
"Queen of Gussets" would surely befit her!

:aww:

This Nancy gets SO excited about my gussets. She's TOO funny... she'll loudly exclaim "OOOH! LOOK at that GUSSET!" :roflhard:

Julie
01-18-2007, 01:18 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

knitqueen
01-18-2007, 01:35 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Lieke
01-18-2007, 03:18 AM
Mulune, sorry to hear about your finger. :hug:

But don't feel guilty. I know I wouldn't mind if I was your partner.

Shandeh
01-18-2007, 06:50 AM
well what are you waiting for, set it up! (then youcan give us the info to post pics of our finished socks and then when our partners get them they should post pics of them wearing the socks and whatever goodies they may have received too. :happydance:

I'm willing to set up the Flickr group, if you guys want me to. Just say the word!

We could start using it right now, posting photos of our socks in progress, being mailed, etc.

Angelia
01-18-2007, 10:23 AM
Oh Mulene, I too am sorry to hear about your finger! The fear of every knitter--something happening to our hands! :hug:

Kelly, that limerick is hilarious!! :roflhard: :roflhard:

Stiney
01-18-2007, 10:41 AM
KellyK's got nice gussets. :eyebrow:

KellyK
01-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Steeny... we have done the " :eyebrow: Gussets" thing at Chix... :roflhard: Nancy kept making me show my Gussets to everyone... I told her to stop prostituting my gussets!!

*KK shamefully cowers in the corner with arms crossed over her gussets*

Stiney
01-18-2007, 10:46 AM
Why won't you share your beautiful gussets? :pout: :verysad:

Leah22b
01-18-2007, 12:05 PM
Julie that shows the pattern so nicely, and what pretty colors... :heart: :muah:

I'll have to update my sock later today... not a lot done yet, but its getting there...

Leah22b
01-18-2007, 12:08 PM
The CUTEST sock-related story tonight.... one of the Wednesday open knit night regulars, Nancy, a lady in her late 60's? wrote me a LIMERICK! I must share... its SO sweet!

At Chix, there's this wonderful knitter
The "sock bug" has certainly bit her
Let's think of a name
for Kelly K.'s fame
"Queen of Gussets" would surely befit her!

:aww:

This Nancy gets SO excited about my gussets. She's TOO funny... she'll loudly exclaim "OOOH! LOOK at that GUSSET!" :roflhard:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: That is really cute!

Leah22b
01-18-2007, 12:09 PM

I'm willing to set up the Flickr group, if you guys want me to. Just say the word!

We could start using it right now, posting photos of our socks in progress, being mailed, etc.

What is a Flickr group? I'm in to posting pictures sounds great. I'd love to see what everyone gets and is makeing...

Leah22b
01-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Why won't you share your beautiful gussets? :pout: :verysad:

Yup I want to see the beautiful Gussets too :pout: :tap:

jberry16
01-18-2007, 12:52 PM
PLEASE DON'T THINK I'M STEPING ON ANY TOES; not my intention.
Here (http://www.flickr.com/groups/sockintinesockswap) is the site
post away!

Liliyarn
01-18-2007, 04:45 PM
:blooby:

My socks are done!!!
:clink:

Yarngineer
01-18-2007, 04:55 PM
Lili, I am so jealous. I finally just cast on my second sock today.

I posted pics of my first completed sock on the flickr group and on my blog. :happydance:

I wonder who my sockentine is?

Stiney
01-18-2007, 04:57 PM
:whistle:

Maaaayyybe.

Leah22b
01-18-2007, 05:38 PM
:blooby:

My socks are done!!!
:clink:

Woohoo.... Congrats! I can't wait to see them. (tonight at Reality Check or maybe tom. at B&N?)

Leah22b
01-18-2007, 05:39 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

want2knit
01-18-2007, 05:52 PM
:thud: you're fast! Love the color of your socks!

Liliyarn
01-18-2007, 06:27 PM
Woohoo.... Congrats! I can't wait to see them. (tonight at Reality Check or maybe tom. at B&N?)

We're meeting at B & N? I missed that....but you know I'm up for it! I'll send out an e-mail. Can't make it to Cherrydale. That is a bit far to drive.

CateKnits
01-18-2007, 06:31 PM
Boo. You're making it harder for me to lurk around the swap, you know. At least when you guys posted pictures here, I could see them! :verysad:

jberry16
01-18-2007, 06:44 PM
Boo. You're making it harder for me to lurk around the swap, you know. At least when you guys posted pictures here, I could see them! :verysad:
you can sign into flicker and look at the photos there too, it's open to everyone; I didn't make it invitation only, for that purpose.

KnittinMitchie
01-18-2007, 06:54 PM
I just Flikr'd my sock. #2 is ina the works, I'm past the cuff and onto the leg. I hope to get the heel flap done today.

mwedzi
01-18-2007, 09:47 PM
PLEASE DON'T THINK I'M STEPING ON ANY TOES; not my intention.
Here (http://www.flickr.com/groups/sockintinesockswap) is the site
post away!

Ow, my toes! j/k :teehee:

Really, the only reason I didn't create the group right away is cuz I thought it would be nice to have a place for just the finished photos, rather than all the bits of socks where you have to search through to find pics of the finished pieces. I guess it doesn't matter much, just thought it would be nice that way.

Friskums
01-18-2007, 09:58 PM
I'd kind of like one for just finished pictures. Not only finished, but received and being worn on footsies. :shifty: :shrug:

(Though I remember at least Ang doesn't take pics of her feet. So, I suppose we could let her get away with just a pic of the socks. ;) )

Liliyarn
01-18-2007, 10:31 PM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/150/362120637_b1f58322dd_o.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/144/362119263_0e20af7dea.jpg

Sooo done. Stick a fork in them. Now I can work on my spin swap....

Friskums
01-18-2007, 10:50 PM

I just finished turning the heel but the sock is about 1/2 longer than my pal's foot length.

Gotta frog back to before the gusset increases (doing toe up) and start them a little sooner so I can do the heel a little sooner.

Phooey. And I was so proud/happy that I made a nice looking heel for my first one. Hopefully I can do it again. :verysad:

knitqueen
01-18-2007, 11:11 PM
I'd kind of like one for just finished pictures. Not only finished, but received and being worn on footsies. :shifty: :shrug:

Couldn't we just start a new thread here in KAL's of 'Received Swap Socks' or something like that, rather than the whole Flickr thing?? Then everyone at KH would easily be able to see the socks, even if they didn't participate and don't feel like signing up at Flickr :shrug:

Lieke
01-19-2007, 06:23 AM
I finished my first sock :happydance:

Here's a teaserpic for my swap pal:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Liekevangenesen/teaser3.jpg

Want to see more? Visit my blog! (http://breisels.web-log.nl)

Angelia
01-19-2007, 09:45 AM
Aw, Friskums, you remembered my hatred of feet!!! :roflhard: :roflhard:

Actually, it's just bare feet that gross me out to no end. Socks on feet are perfectly fine, and I will post pictures of those. :teehee:

The only qualm I have about the flickr group is that for people viewing the forum from work, the photos may be blocked. I know Dilly has that problem; she can only see photos uploaded here, not photos linked to flickr or anywhere else. I'm not suggesting the flickr thing is a bad idea--it's definitely not! Just post both places so that everyone can see!

I still haven't cast on for sock 2. My hands wanted to use big needles for awhile, so I've been working on a sweater. I may return to the socks and the size 0 dpns tomorrow ;)

KellyK
01-19-2007, 10:06 AM
GREAT job, Lieke!! :cheering:

And, to my swap pal....

http://bestsmileys.com/mail/3.gif

Leah22b
01-19-2007, 11:22 AM
I finished my first sock :happydance:

Here's a teaserpic for my swap pal

Want to see more? Visit my blog! (http://breisels.web-log.nl)

That looks great! Good job! :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

Leah22b
01-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Ok my teaser....

Can anyone guess who this is for.... By the way the color is really off... its a really pretty southwestern sunset color.

So who wants these when I'm done? :teehee: :muah: :teehee:

jberry16
01-19-2007, 11:43 AM
Those are beautiful! What kind/color is that southwest sunset yarn?

Finished my first sock last night!!! However my swap pall has a size 7.5 foot and the sock fits my size 9 foot...is this bad? :pout: I'm hoping that I just stretched it out a bit to see what it'd look like on a foot. Should I block them? Please help me y'all. :oops:

Yarngineer
01-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Wow Leah, the flourescent lights must have really bleached out the colors if they are supposed to be southwestern....hmmm...are they for me?

Lieke, those socks are really cool looking.

Lili, I love the colorway. Like I really need more blue and green sock yarn, but I would love to have your socks!

KellyK
01-19-2007, 11:57 AM
Finished my first sock last night!!! However my swap pall has a size 7.5 foot and the sock fits my size 9 foot...is this bad? :pout: I'm hoping that I just stretched it out a bit to see what it'd look like on a foot. Should I block them? Please help me y'all. :oops:

If it's Superwash yarn, you could wash them and dry them and see if they snug up some... they usually do. :shrug:

Jenelle
01-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Restarting my pals socks tonight with a soft, bulky yarn to make slipper socks and add a little ruffle to the top. I'm taking a break from tubey for the night so I should at least have one of them done by tonight..

..Then I shall tease. :teehee:

Leah22b
01-19-2007, 12:27 PM
Those are beautiful! What kind/color is that southwest sunset yarn?

Its by Seacoast Handpainted Yarns Its the Tequila Sunrise color. I love their yarn its soooo soft and doesn't affect my allergie to wool. Even though it is wool. They have some awesome colors. I've put a link if anyone wants to see the real color and the other colors available...

http://www.seacoasthandpaintedyarns.com/colorscolorscolors.html

P.S. Mine isn't exactly the same. It has more Red.

Stiney
01-19-2007, 12:30 PM
GREAT job, Lieke!! :cheering:

And, to my swap pal....

http://bestsmileys.com/mail/3.gif

*runs to check the mailbox*

Leah22b
01-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Wow Leah, the flourescent lights must have really bleached out the colors if they are supposed to be southwestern....hmmm...are they for me?

Lieke, those socks are really cool looking.

Lili, I love the colorway. Like I really need more blue and green sock yarn, but I would love to have your socks!

Yeah it did bleach out and my crappy camera didn't help any. Maybe... you'll have to wait and see.... :twisted: :teehee:

I'll be working on them tonight if you can make B&N and I'm sure I'll still be working on them on Monday as well... xxx xxx xxx

knitqueen
01-19-2007, 12:52 PM
I turned the heel on sock #2 last night, so I'm on the home stretch!! :cheering:

jberry16
01-19-2007, 01:12 PM
this is kinda ot but I just wanted to let y'all know that we've fallen on hard times, dh lost a job and we're trying to make Feb. mortgage, don't see how that's gonna be possible, so I'll have my e-mail addy but no more internet access as of this afternoon. :waah: I'm really gonna miss y'all, I'll try to get to some kind of internet access once a week to catch up. If anyone needs to get ahold of me you can email me or pm me and I'll get to it asap. So I guess this is farewell for a while...Don't worrie Swap Pal, I have your addy and will be starting your second sock today.
:verysad: :verysad: :verysad: :verysad: :verysad: :verysad:

knitqueen
01-19-2007, 01:14 PM
I'm so sorry to hear of your family's hard times :pout: We'll miss you! You've been so involved and enthusiastic about this swap!! :hug:

Angelia
01-19-2007, 01:17 PM
:pout: That's terrible!! I hope things get better for you soon! :hug: :heart:

Leah22b
01-19-2007, 01:25 PM
Oh no... we will be praying for things to work out for you! I know what your going through... my bf was out of work for 7 months and just this month started work again. That was a tough time.

Maybe try the Library they usually have good computer access.

Good Luck! We will miss you! :hug: :muah: :hug:

mwedzi
01-19-2007, 02:03 PM
Oh JBerry, so sorry! We've all been there. The library generally has free internet access. I hope things turn around real soon for you guys, and we will be looking out for you here.

Yarngineer
01-19-2007, 02:44 PM
I third the free internet at the library.

Hang in there, my dad often struggled to have consistent work when I was a teenager. So I know how tough it is.

cara
01-19-2007, 02:56 PM
I'm there with ya hun! i lost my job last week.... Booooooooo

keep your chin up!!

Cara

jberry16
01-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Thanks for all the suport and prayers and chin ups. Y'all put a smile on my face everyday that's what I'm gonna miss the most. Ok we'll I'm gonna take a pic of my finished sock and post it and then disconnect. :verysad: Thanks again for all the good cheer and luv I've received here. Don't worrie I'll check in once a week.

jberry16
01-19-2007, 03:20 PM
teaser

Jenelle
01-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Thanks for all the suport and prayers and chin ups. Y'all put a smile on my face everyday that's what I'm gonna miss the most. Ok we'll I'm gonna take a pic of my finished sock and post it and then disconnect. :verysad: Thanks again for all the good cheer and luv I've received here. Don't worrie I'll check in once a week.

:pout: :heart: :hug:

knitqueen
01-19-2007, 04:58 PM
jberry, I know you probably won't see this message for a while, but your sock looks GREAT. I would love to be the recipient of them :heart: , unfortunately my feet are bigger than the size you mentioned a few pages back so some other lucky lady will get yours!! :hug:

Angelia
01-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Oh that sock is so cute!! :inlove: And I think your gussets look as good as KK's!

And thus begins the battle of the gussets! :teehee:

We'll miss you and look forward to your visits! :hug: :heart:

want2knit
01-19-2007, 08:38 PM
jberry, love your sock!

Hang in there, I believe things like this happen for a reason--my husband was out of work last year for awhile but ended up finding a great company to work for and loves his job now. Things will get better, totally understand what you're going through right now :hug:

KellyK
01-19-2007, 09:04 PM
Im SO sorry, JB!! :pout: :hug: :heart: I hope you get a chance or 2 to get to the library...

And, you have VERRRRRY nice gussets!! :eyebrow:

thischicknits
01-19-2007, 10:23 PM
MMMM...nice gussets!

JBerry, best wishes...we are all rooting for you! :hug:

KnittinMitchie
01-19-2007, 11:49 PM
JB Those are some nice gussets. :( I hope things get better for you girl.

Lieke
01-20-2007, 12:45 AM
Jberry, sorry to hear. We'll all miss you, but from this point things only can become better.

I love your sock, but since they won't fit my feet, I know they aren't mine. But I really love them.

mwedzi
01-20-2007, 09:41 AM
Those socks are in my size. :teehee: :happydance:

KellyK
01-20-2007, 10:31 AM
Mine, too... :tap:

KnittinMitchie
01-20-2007, 12:19 PM
Okay sock #2 had to be completely frogged. I some how managed to cast on too many stitches and did nt realize it until i got ready to do the heel. Yes I was ALL the way to the heel. I do hope that I can get the sock done by the end of the week now.

cara
01-20-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm still only half way down the leg on the second sock... I am getting a little bored, so I am making a quick and fun hat for my DD tonight to get back my FO steam... then I'll sit down and hopefully nearly finish the sock tomorrow!! :)

YAY!

mwedzi
01-20-2007, 04:15 PM
Okay, Socks, you beat me. I give up. You win. And by "win", I mean you go into the frog pond to wait until I feel like looking at you and your (not very cheap!) yarn again. Curse you!

I ordered new yarn for my partner. My current yarn does not want to behave. I will start again when it arrives.

want2knit
01-20-2007, 05:24 PM
oh, mwedzi, I'm sorry you are having such a tough time with your socks! Maybe the next yarn will behave!

I am on my second sock, and just realized that the first sock I made for my partner I did the sole in garter stitch! :noway: (I'm not used to making things in the round, so when it said stockinette stitch I did what you do for straight knitting!) So, dear partner, you will have a very unique pair of socks. I debated whether I should make the second sock correct, or just make it to match the first, and I think I will make it to match, not that anyone really sees the sole of your foot anyway, but the top of the foot has a very pretty stitch pattern. It would be too late for me to start another pair of socks, I wouldn't finish in time, but maybe, just maybe if I fly through this second one, I will attempt another pair and see how long it takes me. I feel so stupid and ashamed I didn't even want to post this, but I felt if anyone could understand you guys would.

Angelia
01-20-2007, 06:42 PM
Sorry you had to frog and order new yarn, Nikki!! :hug: Shall I use The Angelia Glare to ensure that the new yarn behaves? Let me know...I don't want to frighten a good yarn, but I won't hesitate to make a naughty one behave! :teehee:

Holly, don't worry about the garter stitch; the socks should be cozy! And I can tell you from experience that mistake is easy to make if you're not used to knitting in the round! :shifty:

thischicknits
01-20-2007, 11:41 PM
Oh yeah - I am ready to work on the heel of sock #2. Partner beware - you WILL have mail before 2/14!!

Angelia
01-21-2007, 12:08 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

*KnitPixie*
01-21-2007, 03:34 AM
If this sounds stupid Im sorry but How in the heck do you get your already uploaded photos on flicker to the sockintine group on flicker so everyone can see them :??

*KnitPixie*
01-21-2007, 03:36 AM
My Swap Pal's first sock. Camera is being borrowed so I used my scanner it's the best pics I could get :teehee: I am so proud its my first sock, but the heel looks funny to me :pout: wonder why it looks that way? Does it look bad everyone be honest don't lie to me :verysad:

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n63/KnitPixie/socks.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n63/KnitPixie/KHSWAP.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n63/KnitPixie/khswap2.jpg

Lieke
01-21-2007, 04:03 AM
am I crazy, or did you forget to post the pic? :??

*KnitPixie*
01-21-2007, 04:04 AM
no i am going to post now lol My computer didnt register my attempt the first time :teehee:

Lieke
01-21-2007, 04:17 AM
Ok, I'll wait patiently :teehee:

*KnitPixie*
01-21-2007, 04:18 AM
Lieke look above in my previous post :teehee: I have links to the pics

Lieke
01-21-2007, 04:28 AM
I know why you think your heel looks funny. You've got the purl-site outside. But I think you did a great job on the whole. Are this really your first socks, because I really love them, especially what you've done on the cuff-part.

Hope they are mine, because I think they look really great, and I love the color :heart:

*KnitPixie*
01-21-2007, 04:33 AM
:doh: Im so stupid sometimes how the heck did I manage that one :teehee: Oh well Ill have to truck on because I tried it on and it still feels comfy and looks fine..um yep these are my first socks I did one infant sock as practice before the swap but never an adult sock. Overall I am proud though and they are a really bright red color which I like :heart: I hope my partner will forgive my mistakes as I did put alot of love into this sock :verysad:

Angelia
01-21-2007, 08:47 AM
The heel purl side out should be cozy! No purl bumps rubbing on the wearer's heel!

And the sock is beautiful! I love the color and the lacy cuff! I know I'd be happy to get them were they for me!

:flirt:

KellyK
01-21-2007, 09:49 AM
I actually think it will be EXTRA nice not to have that texture on the heel! GREAT job!

NICE GUSSET!! :eyebrow:

Angelia
01-21-2007, 10:19 AM

mwedzi
01-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Sorry you had to frog and order new yarn, Nikki!! :hug: Shall I use The Angelia Glare to ensure that the new yarn behaves? Let me know...I don't want to frighten a good yarn, but I won't hesitate to make a naughty one behave! :teehee:

Please, please give the old yarn a good glare because I will use it to make socks for myself one day. I've already given it a good stern talking to and told it to go think about what it's done, but additional glaring couldn't hurt. Then when the new yarn arrives I'll show it the old yarn just to make everything clear. Better safe than sorry. :teehee:

KnittinMitchie
01-21-2007, 12:43 PM
After frogging the entire sock #2 I've set it aside to do the KH January Knit along. Once I get that done I should be in the mood to do #2. I am kinda glad i caught my opps, but before the heel would have been nice.

*KnitPixie*
01-21-2007, 03:37 PM
Hey thanks everyone for your nice comments now I feel ten times better about my sock :flirt: Oh and sorry swap pal about the heel I hope you like it anyway :teehee:

Friskums
01-21-2007, 08:11 PM
Got the heels turned for both socks and they're both back on the needles now (did the heels one at a time, because I just couldn't figure out how to do them together) :cheering: :cheering:

Hope I get some good knitting time in this week. :pray:

Vendie
01-21-2007, 09:48 PM
Just finished my first sqap sqck :woot: I was hoping to cast on and get boogying on the second one, but I'm so sleepy right now and I was dropping stitches like crazy finishing up the first one. Best I not start the other right now. I should wait until I have more brain power and coordination.

I'll post a picture when I can get better light.

Liliyarn
01-21-2007, 10:28 PM
Got most of my goodies gathered. I may make something else to throw in if I have time. Pictures later of everything.

KnittinMitchie
01-21-2007, 11:34 PM
looks like i need to get off my rump and ge #2 started again

Lieke
01-22-2007, 03:16 AM
I started on sock #2, but only 15 minutes in the train back home, so it's only a few rows. I'm also going to redo my bind off of sock # 1 because it's to tight. I found description of a better way (russian I believe) of binding of, so I hope this WILL work.

Andrea
01-22-2007, 11:29 AM
I finally caught up with you chatty gals after a week of vacation.

I'm just about done with sqck #1...here it is so far!

KellyK
01-22-2007, 11:39 AM
THAT is GAWGEOUS!!!!

Those Fall colors!!! :thud:

AmandaC
01-22-2007, 12:16 PM
:heart: my initial reaction was Mars Quake from Lisa Souza ??

What is it?

Andrea
01-22-2007, 12:19 PM
It's from The Fold...it's exclusive to them I think...hand dyed by a woman in Rockford, IL :shrug:

I luuuuuuuuuurv it. :heart:

AmandaC
01-22-2007, 12:20 PM
well don't 'luuuuuuuuuurv it' too much cos you have to give them away ... :teehee:

Gorgeous colours ....

Andrea
01-22-2007, 12:31 PM

It's going to be hard :pout:

But I really like this pattern (RPM from Knitty), they give you so many options in the pattern! :cheering:

AmandaC
01-22-2007, 12:57 PM
I did that pattern with my KP memories in Yukon ...

I do want to knit some socks with my Smores but ( :twisted: Angelia) I only have 1 skien !!!!

Andrea
01-22-2007, 01:43 PM
She hasn't sent you the other yet???????????!!!!!!!!!!

:!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

feminine_earth
01-22-2007, 02:58 PM
So I thought for sure I'd be done with my first sock this weekend...nope. Not yet. :verysad: Still working at it though!

However, I'm having some trouble with these dpn's. I like dpn's...I've knit baby hats and cuffs on wool soakers with them...but never any dpn's this small. I'm using size US 2 Addi Bamboo (think they're Addi...made in Germany, right?)...anyway, I've got a question for you guys. Where do you keep your knitting, in the center of your dpn's (like in the center of the triangle), or close to the ends? This sounds confusing, but I don't know any other way to explain it (forgive me, I'm a sock virgin :teehee: ). For example...if I don't push the knitting all the way to the end of the working needle, it gets in the way when it becomes the bottom of the triangle; the length gets in the way and makes it difficult to knit the third needle! For some reason, I don't remember having this problem when knitting the cuff of my sock...so why now? :pout:

Stiney
01-22-2007, 03:06 PM
I use 5 DPN's. The two needles I'm working I keep the yarn at the ends, and the other needles, I center them, or else I lose stitches. :pout: I've never had them "in the way," even when using only 4. :??

Leah22b
01-22-2007, 05:03 PM
oh, mwedzi, I'm sorry you are having such a tough time with your socks! Maybe the next yarn will behave!

I am on my second sock, and just realized that the first sock I made for my partner I did the sole in garter stitch! :noway: (I'm not used to making things in the round, so when it said stockinette stitch I did what you do for straight knitting!) So, dear partner, you will have a very unique pair of socks. I debated whether I should make the second sock correct, or just make it to match the first, and I think I will make it to match, not that anyone really sees the sole of your foot anyway, but the top of the foot has a very pretty stitch pattern. It would be too late for me to start another pair of socks, I wouldn't finish in time, but maybe, just maybe if I fly through this second one, I will attempt another pair and see how long it takes me. I feel so stupid and ashamed I didn't even want to post this, but I felt if anyone could understand you guys would.

Oh I understand thats what I did on my first socks I made.... Someone said its called the Princess heel or something like that.... I love my unique socks and I'm sure your buddy will as well. :hug:

jberry16
01-22-2007, 05:48 PM
wow! guys, I had 4 pages to read since Friday, goodness. Everything looks great. Ihave to tell you that my house is alot cleaner without the internet and my laundry is done and my kitchen stays clean dishes are kept up...amazing huh? Anyway the worst part is not being able to get on and visit with y'all every day. I've begun sock #2 and the ribbing is about 1/2 way done, I've had lots of psychology homework to do and i use knitting as my reward for getting it done, so I only knit 4 days outof the week :( I'll check back in later.
Also I got an e-mail from my pal and she has finished my socks and has enough yarn to make my dd a pair to match mine, I'm so excited.
:hug: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :woot: :hug:

mwedzi
01-22-2007, 06:09 PM
jberry, we are going to have to think of some creative ways for you to continue avoiding housework. :teehee: but really, at least you've gotten something good out of this, a cleaner more comfortable space. i'm sure i need to stay off the internet, too.

jcmom
01-22-2007, 10:35 PM
jberry, you must have the sweetest sock pal for making a pair for your DD. Too cute
I appreciate the updates from everyone. I thought my socks were done and after looking closely I found a mistake. UGH. It bugged me too much to let it slide so...........the sock is once again a ball of yarn. Not to worry sock pal, I still have plenty of time and I want them right. :frog:

Angelia
01-22-2007, 10:53 PM
That is very sweet of your pal!! TWO pair of socks!! :heart: Yay to your pal, and yay for you!!