PDA

View Full Version : Sockintine Sock Swap!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Shandeh
01-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Dear Sock Pal, I've not forgotten about your socks. I've just been busy working on another project at home. Thankfully, that project is complete, and I can now give your feet the attention they deserve! :muah:

KellyK
01-23-2007, 11:52 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/mail/5.gif

:whistle:

monzogary
01-23-2007, 12:23 PM
I have only to kitchener the toe of the second sock and the pair is done! I just have to find that pesky darning needle....... :teehee: I am debating if I want to make anything else to put in the package as well, the biggest reason being that these socks only took half of the yarn I dyed especially for them! I dyed 4 oz and it took just under 2 oz for the entire pair. Talk about some lightweight wool lol! Off to look for that elusive needle to finish these up today :?? :rofl:

jberry16
01-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Attention to my buddy: (the one making my socks). For whatever reason I can't get onto my original e-mail addy I used for the swap (and everything else) so if you need to email me please use the 'current' email posted here on kh. or you can email me directly-any of you at julie . berry @ hotmail.com just take out the spaces :lol: Yes, I'm at my Grandma's again-still no isp at my house.

cara
01-23-2007, 05:12 PM
Oh dear sock partner... i have had a raging barfing gross yuck yuck stinky horrible both ends flu for 2 days so i haven't knit a bit. I haven't done anything but be in bed, take care of my baby and be in the bathroom!

I will *hopefully* finish your socks by the weekend!!

KellyK
01-23-2007, 05:20 PM
:pout:

Shandeh
01-23-2007, 05:25 PM
Poor Cara! :muah:

thischicknits
01-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Oh Cara - I'm so sorry. That was..well...very descriptive!!

:pout: :ick: :pout: :ick: :pout:

Feel better soon!

Angelia
01-23-2007, 07:22 PM
:hug: :heart: Cara!! Hope the ick goes away soon!

mwedzi
01-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Oh Cara - I'm so sorry. That was..well...very descriptive!!

:pout: :ick: :pout: :ick: :pout:

Feel better soon!

:roflhard: Yep. Feel better soon, Cara.

KnittinMitchie
01-23-2007, 10:26 PM
Sock Buddy,
I've been working on your socks, but since frogging sock #2 my tendinitis has decided to show up and say HI!! This is cause me to make very slow progress on your 2nd sock. Once I get through the cuff I should be able to knit out the rest rather quickly.

I will hopefully have your socks in the mail by the 1st of February. That is my goal and I will attempt to stick to it.

Angelia
01-23-2007, 11:01 PM
:hug: :heart: Christine!! Sorry your tendonitis flared up! :pout:

KellyK
01-23-2007, 11:10 PM
stoooopid flarey tendonitis :!!!:

Liliyarn
01-24-2007, 03:44 AM
Oh dear sock partner... i have had a raging barfing gross yuck yuck stinky horrible both ends flu for 2 days so i haven't knit a bit. I haven't done anything but be in bed, take care of my baby and be in the bathroom!

I will *hopefully* finish your socks by the weekend!!

Gonna spray with Lysol? If not then you may give more than socks... :ick:

just kidding...

AmandaC
01-24-2007, 05:27 AM
Dear Sock swapee

I have finished the gusset on the :oops: 1st :oops: sock and am on the foot now .... I am going to xxx xxx xxx xxx and you WILL get them by Valentines Day :pray:

Lieke
01-24-2007, 06:20 AM
Dear swap pal

I'm afraid I won't be able to finish your socks in time. I still try very hard, but there aren't enough hours in my day. I have 2 exams, which have priority now, so there is hardly any knitting time left. I'm afraid I'll only be able to get to knitting after 02-02, which is way to late. Shipping will take about a week, so I'll only have about 3 days left (I have to work on saturday) to knit sock #2. I'm really sorry, but I hope you understand my exams take priority now and I promise to finish your socks as quick as I can after the exams. I just don't want to rush things, because I want the perfect socks for you.

Shandeh
01-24-2007, 09:47 AM
Lieke, I'm sure your socks will be WORTH the wait! :heart:

jrsas
01-24-2007, 10:33 AM
I did it...my socks are finished!!! :blooby: I will post a picture soon.

Andrea
01-24-2007, 11:09 AM
Done with one of two!!! :blooby:

Hope you like them, pal! :heart:

KellyK
01-24-2007, 11:13 AM
I LOVE them, Andwea!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

Andrea
01-24-2007, 11:15 AM
:teehee:

Yarngineer
01-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Lieke,

Your exams take first priority, always. As I two-time student (went back 5 years later for my masters), I totally understand. You need to focus on school first. And I am sure everyone else understands. Exams are hard and fry your brain!
:hair: :wall: :?? :zombie: :passedout:

feminine_earth
01-24-2007, 12:32 PM
Andrea, I love that sock!! The shape of the foot is so nice! Great job! :cheering:

cara
01-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Thanks for all the well wishes guys...

now my poor 11 month old DD has the same icky ick that I had... so I am still operating on no sleep, no food, no shower, and load and loads of dirty laundry...

still no sock knitting...

Wow, being a mom is so rewarding and I LOVE it. ... can't wait to have more kids... but sometimes it is just unbelieveably exhausting and horrible at the same time. ya know?

Leah22b
01-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Cara I hope the ick gets out of your house and stops going around!

Lieke No problem... we all have things that have to take priority from time to time. We will wait patiently for our socks... :oo: :tap: :teehee: :hug:

Now to my swapee.... I have done the heel flap and turned the heel... the gussett is started and on we go... sock 1 is well on its way... :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

Shandeh
01-24-2007, 02:23 PM
:heart: Cara :heart:

Leah22b
01-24-2007, 06:16 PM
O Yarn, Yarn! Wherefore art thou Yarn?
Deny thy Knitting and refuse thy Purling;
or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love of Knitting,
and I'll no longer be Yarn.

What's in a name? That which we call Yarn
By any other name would knit as sweet;
So Yarn would, were he not Yarn called,
Retain that dear perfection which he owes
Without that title. Yarn, doff thy name,
and henceforth be called Sock.

I thought this was pretty funny... hope you all enjoy it to.... :roflhard: :roflhard:

KellyK
01-24-2007, 06:25 PM
Im swooning and building myself a balcony!! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Vendie
01-24-2007, 07:10 PM
Very pretty Andrea! :inlove:

Angelia
01-24-2007, 10:31 PM
Im swooning and building myself a balcony!! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

earthchick
01-25-2007, 12:40 PM
Leah, :rofl:

Andrea, that sock looks great! - I think it will fit me perfectly, thanks! :teehee:

Cara, sooo sorry you and your babe have been sick. My whole household has been sick, too, and it totally sucks to try to take care of sick kids when you are also sick! I felt so rotten earlier in the week that I didn't even feel like knitting (that's how I know I'm really and truly sick!).

I'm starting to get better now, and have finally started sock #1 and am about 3 inches into it. I really love this pattern. Hope my sock pal will too!

Shandeh
01-25-2007, 01:46 PM
Gorgeous sock, Andrea!!! I LOVE those colors.
I hope it's mine!!! :pray: :pray: :pray:

jberry16
01-25-2007, 04:42 PM
Hello sock pal, I just turned the heel last night on sock #2!!!
And after a library fiasco (Sp?) with my ds and his needing to go to the potty twice in less than 6 min. my Mom said she'd pay our internet so that I could get my schoolwork done at home while they're sleeping! thank you mom, I was so :grrr: after his 2 potty trips (barely successfull) that I left the library b/c the computers were taken and I almost cried. O the stress. Anyway, I'm at my Grandma's again-yea for her- and working on school work with sleeping babies in the bed next to me. (I'm not in the bed, just beside it). O and my dh gets back today from colorado after 11 days up there for training for his new job!!! hooray

Leah22b
01-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Hello sock pal, I just turned the heel last night on sock #2!!!
And after a library fiasco (Sp?) with my ds and his needing to go to the potty twice in less than 6 min. my Mom said she'd pay our internet so that I could get my schoolwork done at home while they're sleeping! thank you mom, I was so :grrr: after his 2 potty trips (barely successfull) that I left the library b/c the computers were taken and I almost cried. O the stress. Anyway, I'm at my Grandma's again-yea for her- and working on school work with sleeping babies in the bed next to me. (I'm not in the bed, just beside it). O and my dh gets back today from colorado after 11 days up there for training for his new job!!! hooray

Wonderfull news that your mom's going to help with internet access and that your dh has a new job already! :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

Woohoo on heel #2 turning as well! I'm plugging away at Gussett #1 xxx

KnittinMitchie
01-25-2007, 07:14 PM
JB I'm glad things seem to be getting better for you :) YEAH!!!!

Angelia
01-25-2007, 08:07 PM
:cheering: :cheering: Wonderful news!!

Shandeh
01-26-2007, 12:14 AM
:muah:

KellyK
01-26-2007, 12:16 AM
I DO hope this stuff gets easier for ya soon, JBer! :heart:

Lieke
01-26-2007, 01:20 AM
Lieke,

Your exams take first priority, always. As I two-time student (went back 5 years later for my masters), I totally understand. You need to focus on school first. And I am sure everyone else understands. Exams are hard and fry your brain!
:hair: :wall: :?? :zombie: :passedout:

They definitely do. Only 1 week to go for my 2nd and last exam. I'm happy when it's over. (I just can't concentrate and I've go so much to do :verysad: )

Angelia
01-26-2007, 08:01 AM
:hug: :heart: :hug: Lieke!! You'll get through it!! And I'm sure your swap partner will understand a little lateness--don't worry about it!

Lieke
01-26-2007, 08:22 AM
Well, I'll at least make sure I mail it before feb. 14.

mwedzi
01-26-2007, 10:39 AM
jberry, wow, things are getting better fast! :happydance:

Leah22b
01-26-2007, 12:30 PM
Good Luck Lieke... Hang in there.... You can do it! :thumbsup:

jhelanee
01-26-2007, 02:55 PM
I finished my socks! :happydance: Now to decide whether to mail them now or wait so they arrive closer to Valentine's Day... :thinking:

To the person who is knitting for me: I completely understand if life has gotten in the way and you won't be able to finish my socks on time. Just let me know so I don't feel left out. :muah:

feminine_earth
01-26-2007, 05:46 PM
Finished with sock 1!!!! OMG! I didn't think I'd ever finish it! But it is DONE and it was so much fun to knit, and I'll be starting sock 2 this evening. :happydance:

Sock 1 in natural light.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/jelti/forforum.jpg

Sock 1 with flash (doesn't really show the colors properly).
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/jelti/forforumflash.jpg

This is my first sock EVER! Never made socks before. I'm following Silver's Sock Class. Sock Swap Pal, I hope you like!! :hug:

Two Questions: These are made with Colinette Superwash Wool. Am I supposed to block them when I'm finished? Also, do you guys recommend threading a couple threads of elastic through the cuff? :??

Shandeh
01-26-2007, 06:30 PM
Wonderful job!!! It doesn't look like a first sock at all. It looks EXPERIENCED. :eyebrow:

jcmom
01-26-2007, 07:43 PM
Yeah, my socks are finished! Or rather, my pal's socks are finished. After the frogging, I'm happy with the results. This has been so fun. Thanks to all for the encouragement and laughs. :teehee:

mintdee
01-26-2007, 09:04 PM
:pout: I am not enjoying sock knitting at all. I am not very far into my sock and I am just dreading picking it back up. I am not sure why maybe I need to get some new needles or maybe not knit so tightly (not sure that it is all that tight maybe that is my problem :shrug: ) I am so not enjoying this process. Does anybody have any suggestions? Should I frog even though it is getting ever closer to V-day? I almost said forget it today and went to get some sock yarn to mail to my pal but I couldn't bring myself to admit defeat. My hands and shoulders are aching after knitting on the darn thing.
I think that I just needed to vent. I wish you accomplished sock knitters lived near me :verysad:

Shandeh
01-26-2007, 09:37 PM
Bless your heart, Sandy! :heart: :heart: :heart:
I'm sure your sock pal will understand your situation!

Friskums
01-27-2007, 01:44 AM
:pout: I am not enjoying sock knitting at all. I am not very far into my sock and I am just dreading picking it back up. I am not sure why maybe I need to get some new needles or maybe not knit so tightly (not sure that it is all that tight maybe that is my problem :shrug: ) I am so not enjoying this process. Does anybody have any suggestions? Should I frog even though it is getting ever closer to V-day? I almost said forget it today and went to get some sock yarn to mail to my pal but I couldn't bring myself to admit defeat. My hands and shoulders are aching after knitting on the darn thing.
I think that I just needed to vent. I wish you accomplished sock knitters lived near me :verysad:
I'm kind of feeling the same way. I'm almost done, and while I was enjoying all of it until the last day or so (which might have more to do with the fact that I'm just in a crappy mood lately) I'm really really glad it's going to be finished soon.

But, every time I try it on, I'm really glad I was able to accomplish it. I just love knitting things and then them being wearable. The finished product makes me so happy.

I don't know who your pal is, but I'd rather have late socks that were enjoyed than socks that were on time, but forced. :muah: :muah:

feminine_earth
01-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Awww mintdee! :hug:

When I was shaping the gusset, I almost gave up! I kept thinking, "Geez...I must be knitting too tight...why is this so hard?!" :verysad: But I kept going, and I called my mother in Ireland to tell her (she has been knitting since way before I was born, lol), and she said that the further you get on the foot (past the decreases), the easier it becomes. So I reluctantly kept going...and she was right! :happydance:

Don't give up! You can do it! But...remember. Knitting is supposed to be fun and enjoyable. If I were your partner, I would not mind an email saying that your socks are going to be late, but will definitely have a lot of love thrown in. Take your time, and try to remember how excited you were when you first cast on for sock 1. We're all here if you need any help (or need to vent, lol)! :muah:

Angelia
01-27-2007, 09:34 AM
:hug: :hug: Minty!!!

Don't despair! Just walk away from the socks for a few days--your body needs it. If they're late, your partner will understand! And like the others have said, too, we're here for ya!

feminine_earth
01-27-2007, 09:39 AM
Hey Friskums! You only live like 45 mins - 1 hour from me! *waves* :)

Lieke
01-27-2007, 12:09 PM
mintdee, if I was your sock pal, I wouldn't mind them to be late. Knitting is supposed to be fun. Just take your time, don't force anything.

jberry16
01-27-2007, 04:22 PM
Hey guys thanks for all the :muah: :hug: :heart: You guys are the bestest!!! things are looking up. My dh had a parttime job with FEDEX beginning in August and now we're just waiting to see how close we'll be to making bills once he starts full time on Monday. Guess he got a raise when he moved positions inthe company but they didn't do some final paperwork so he hasn't been paid correctly so I guess there's going to be some back pay, not much just a few dollars an hour. Still I wont complain. Y'all are so understanding and just the greatist dog gone group of knitters I've ever met. Thanks for all the support and well wishes, and the prayers-they were answered!
I picked up gusset stitches on sock #2 yesterday and began decreases. Now I'm in Lieke's position I have an exam to study for so I'd better get off this darn computer and get to studying while my dh has the kids out. exam next Sat. (sigh) Believe it or not I use knitting as my reward for studying. works well, knitting is slower that way, but at least I get my studying done. :teehee:

Friskums
01-27-2007, 05:15 PM
Hey Friskums! You only live like 45 mins - 1 hour from me! *waves* :)
Really? Neat. ^_^

Come to Orlando much? Any yarn stores near to you (where are you)? We should totally come up with a weekend to meet up.
(If you wanna talk bout it, feel free to email me at friskums at gmail dot com. Switch the words for the symbols. :) )

mintdee
01-27-2007, 05:54 PM
:hug: Thanks for all of your kind words all. I was overly frustrated yesterday when I posted that. I picked it up today and worked on it for awhile and did feel better about it so I think that stepping away from it helped.
Now a question. How do I figure out how many stitches I need to fit the foot? I CO 66 sts in sock yarn And I am not sure if it will fit. :shrug:

KellyK
01-27-2007, 09:29 PM
Sandy.... according to general sock theory, you decrease your gussets until you are back to the number of sts with which you started your sock. Is that what you meant? Unless you meant how many sts to CO in the first place, in which case I will say that 66 seems like a good number for a reasonably-sized woman's foot... sz 7-9 or so. :shrug:

Jenelle
01-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Teaser!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i283/Knitting-Nelly/HPIM0278.jpg

The first one is done, but I've become distracted by Tubey and school work over the past few weeks.

I did make my pal some nice, hand made stitch markers though! Will get pictures of them later. :)

KellyK
01-27-2007, 10:45 PM
That's a cute little socklett, Jenelle!! :aww:

Lieke
01-28-2007, 03:19 AM
Now I'm in Lieke's position I have an exam to study for so I'd better get off this darn computer and get to studying while my dh has the kids out. exam next Sat. (sigh) Believe it or not I use knitting as my reward for studying. works well, knitting is slower that way, but at least I get my studying done. :teehee:

I used to do that two, but now I just have to study full time. Still have to read a lot. So now I'm gonna reward myself when I'm done with the exam, take my knitting with me and knit on my way home and the rest of the day after the exam (the exam is at 8.45 am, so plenty of time left when I'm done). That'll be the best reward ever.

Friskums
01-28-2007, 03:55 AM
I finished my socks!!! :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

Gotta get the stitchmarkers I made together, pack it up and mail it out.

I hope you like them, swap pal. :hug: :muah: :hug:

Angelia
01-28-2007, 09:25 AM
WTG Friskums!!! :cheering: :cheering:

Vendie
01-28-2007, 10:50 AM
Three more pattern repeats until I reach the heel on the second sock! :happydance: I love how quickly the Monkeys go!

And then I'm off to the LYS next weekend to pick up a few little goodies to fill out the package a bit :whistle:

Angelia
01-28-2007, 10:58 AM
:flirt:

KellyK
01-28-2007, 11:26 AM
:muah: :muah: :muah:

allegra918
01-28-2007, 11:56 AM
Man, I am up sh*t creek without a paddle. I haven't even started my socks!! I think I'll be frogging my jaywalkers (snore, as much as I love the way they look, I think they are SO :!!!: BORING to knit!) that I've been knitting for myself and I'll get started on my pal's socks. I am excited to see how they turn out.

Anyone else that hasn't heard from their pal?? Like ever? :pout:

KellyK
01-28-2007, 12:43 PM
:waving: Me.... I've never heard from my pal... :verysad:

knitqueen
01-28-2007, 12:57 PM
I heard from my pal once, probably a month ago -- I thought there were some *clues* as to who she is and I thought it would be easy to figure out looking at the list of participants but I am SO stumped. Maybe she was misleading me :shrug: :teehee:

Anyone have their pal figured out????

allegra918
01-28-2007, 12:58 PM
KK, I'm sorry you haven't heard from your pal either. :pout:

I had an idea though: if, dear Secret Sockentine Pal, you haven't started my socks, I really would LOVE a pair of jaywalkers. I love the way they look and wish I could get myself to finish even ONE sock, but they bore me to tears. But I'd LOVE LOVE LOVE if someone else knit a pair for me.

Just a thought........

cara
01-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Well, we are all getting better in this household. I haven't been online in days. DH got sick, DD is getting better but slowly. I am having the hardest time getting her to drink enough liquids to replenish all that was lost with the vomitting and diarehha. I have actually went so far now as to giver her anything that tastes good...including koolaid! It is just for a day or two until she is peeing lots again. It will hopefully do her more good than harm.

I am going to turn the heel on sock # 2 tonight and will hopefully get all the decreases done on the gussets. Then it will just be Knit Knit Knit! :)

I will pick up a couple of goodies for my pal (who I have not contacted) and get ready to ship by mid week. :)

and.. by the way, I haven't heard from my Pal either... but I undertstand if my socks are late due to lifes issues. I will wear them with pride when I do get them!

happy knitting everyone!

Angelia
01-28-2007, 03:07 PM
A lot of people are choosing not to taunt, it seems. In fact, I swear we have participants who haven't even posted here, so no contact at all...I hope they remember they're in this! :help:

mwedzi
01-28-2007, 03:08 PM
I haven't heard from my pal, either.

I just started the socks with the new yarn. Do not despair, partner! I have done a pair of socks in less than 3 days. But with my current knitting (and everything else) ADD, I'm sure it will take me two weeks to do yours. You will have them by V-day, though, I promise. I'm not nearly as good a student as other people here and will only work on something academic for two or three hours at a time (a day?), so the rest of the time is for other stuff. I've worked two hours on the never-ending paper this morning, so it's time for some knitting!

Your cuff, in Fleece Artist:

SandraEllen
01-28-2007, 04:41 PM
Dear pal,

I haven't taunted you, but please don't think I've forgotten about you. I'm down to the toes on your socks and they should be done this week.

I haven't taunted because I don't really know what to taunt about. It's probably because I haven't been taunted either. :shrug:

Dilly
01-28-2007, 07:16 PM
My swap socks are done!!!! :cheering: :woot: :woohoo:

I just finished the second one, wove in my ends and took a couple of pictures:

Please note that they aren't a perfect fit since they aren't for me. I hope they fit my swap partner and that he/she/it likes them! :pray:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/socks_779.jpg

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/socks_on_feet.jpg

KellyK
01-28-2007, 07:25 PM
SOOOOOOOOO pwetty, Dilly!!!!!! :inlove:

Shandeh
01-28-2007, 07:29 PM
VERY nice Dilly! :heart:

Hey, all you who haven't been taunted......
http://www.tactoos.com/auction/imagesebay/neener/toppic.gif

Vendie
01-28-2007, 08:12 PM
I wuvs them Diwwy!!! So pwetty!!! :flirt:

cara
01-28-2007, 08:46 PM
Oh Babydill, those will match all my favorite blue jeans. If you want I can just pick them up from you this week... :teehee: :teehee:

Friskums
01-28-2007, 10:06 PM
Here's my pals finished socks:
http://www.ekittie.com/images/knitting/swapsocks-done.jpg

Re: the no taunting...

I hope my pal remembers me, too. :help:

Maybe we could send you(Ang) a PM or email when we're done (or why they'll be late), and you could, like, check them off or something to make sure everyone remembered? Or, would that be a lot of work for nothing?

Andrea
01-28-2007, 10:26 PM
Pretty Dilly and Friskums!!!!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

And Vendie, can't wait for the Monkey socks :flirt:

socksforfriskums
01-28-2007, 10:49 PM
Friskums, I can taunt, if you want. :teehee:

five_six
01-28-2007, 11:02 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Welcome to the forum, socksforfriskums :waving:

:roflhard: :roflhard:

Friskums
01-28-2007, 11:09 PM
:roflhard: :rofl: :roflhard:

Too funny!!

:roflhard: :rofl: :roflhard:

five_six
01-29-2007, 01:23 AM
I GOT MY SOCKS!!! I GOT MY SOCKS!!! :cheering:

can't believe how cheap the postage from the US was on the parcel - i was expecting to have to spend heaps, but i'll be FedExing mine so it'll prolly be more than $4!!

I'd been so slack, spending all my time knitting my darn socks (they are knee hi's and i have changed my mind on my design 3 times (yes three, and i'm about to again, i keep adding things) and have had to frog three completed socks essentially back down to the ankle. I'm doing mine toe up, but at least i have learnt from the frogging, that i also like the cast on edge for the cuff, as the bind off edge won't go over a calf no matter what i try, so i am doing both toe up and cuff down and grafting in the middle. I designed my pattern chart for toe up and originally, after the first frogging, thought i could just do a cuff down version with my pattern and like, read the chart upside down, but that didn't work, i think i may have to read the chart from top to bottom instead of bottom to top :?? , but i decided to go with the grafting below the cuff option. Anyways....

I finally decided to take a break and visit you guys, cause I have been missing everyone, and what a day it's been!! I got my silk yarn, for the second pair of socks i'm making my partner in the mail (not quite what i expected but i hope it knits up nicely) and MY SOCKS!!! See what happens when you pull your head out of your knitting!!

Shandeh
01-29-2007, 02:02 AM
Friskums, those socks are SO cute!!! :heart:

KellyK
01-29-2007, 02:31 AM
OOOOH SFF.... you are SNEAKYYYY!!!! I LOVE this taunting, even if its not for me!! :cheering: :teehee:

Lieke
01-29-2007, 03:28 AM
I'm doing mine toe up, but at least i have learnt from the frogging, that i also like the cast on edge for the cuff, as the bind off edge won't go over a calf no matter what i try, so i am doing both toe up and cuff down and grafting in the middle.

I had that problem two, but eventually I used This (just scroll a bit down, it's the post form "spinnerella (http://www.knittersreview.com/forum/topic.asp?ARCHIVE=true&TOPIC_ID=24631) bind off and it works :happydance:

five_six
01-29-2007, 05:25 AM
Wow!! Excellent Lieke :hug: Thank you very much for that.

Good Luck with your exams!

Lieke
01-29-2007, 06:56 AM
Thanks, I hope this bind-off will work for you as well :hug:

Angelia
01-29-2007, 08:04 AM
socksforfriskums!!! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

BRILLIANT!!

And Friskums, those socks you knit are adorable! I love the rufflies, and I'm not normally a ruffly person!

I love yours, too, Dilly!! That colorway is gorgeous! :inlove:

feminine_earth
01-29-2007, 09:13 AM
Dilly and Friskums, GORGEOUS SOCKS!!! :inlove:

Friskums, I'm gonna email you the next time I'll be heading up your way! If you do get that knitting group up and running in Altamonte, let me know as I'd love to visit sometime. :)

Dilly
01-29-2007, 09:18 AM
I love yours, too, Dilly!! That colorway is gorgeous! :inlove:

Thanks. :aww: And thanks to the other people who like my socks too.

I got my socks this morning! The postal dude delivered them to my house at 7:25 this morning! :thud: I'm at work now, so I don't have pictures yet, but I'll be sure to post them when I get home tonight.

The pink fluffy socks I got a couple of weeks ago were just teaser socks. This time I got beautiful soft socks knit up in the RPM pattern. I'll post yarn details when I post the pictures!

Thank you very much, KellyK, for knitting me such beautiful socks, and for the MMmmmalabrigo cable hat that you knit for me too! You are awesome! :notworthy: :heart: :notworthy: :heart:

Yarngineer
01-29-2007, 10:26 AM
Wow everybody, all those socks are just amazing. You guys are doing such a great job. And pretty colors. :cheering:

I LOVE that little kitty picture SFF. Although it tears my heart...just give the kitty a treat already! :pout:

I am almost done with my partner's socks! I will finish them today!

I also have an idea for those who are not going to finish on time: maybe just send your partner a note or valentine's day card to let them know you are thinking of them! It would be a nice gesture. :teehee:

Angelia
01-29-2007, 10:37 AM
The card is a nice gesture! Even an e-card, which would help you maintain anonymity, would work well. (Plus those are really fun sometimes!)

Leah22b
01-29-2007, 10:41 AM
Now I'm in Lieke's position I have an exam to study for so I'd better get off this darn computer and get to studying while my dh has the kids out. exam next Sat. (sigh) Believe it or not I use knitting as my reward for studying. works well, knitting is slower that way, but at least I get my studying done. :teehee:

I used to do that two, but now I just have to study full time. Still have to read a lot. So now I'm gonna reward myself when I'm done with the exam, take my knitting with me and knit on my way home and the rest of the day after the exam (the exam is at 8.45 am, so plenty of time left when I'm done). That'll be the best reward ever.

Lieke and jberry...
Good luck to both of you on your tests! Happy Knitting as a reward after!

cara
01-29-2007, 10:51 AM
I turned the heel and finished the gussets last night!!! :cheering:

now just to do the foot of the sock and I'll be finished!!!

If I am really on the ball, I'll get them done tonight! (but probably tomorrow)

Shandeh
01-29-2007, 10:54 AM
I finished both heel flaps, and turned both heels. Now, I'm working on one of the gussets. I've already found 4 errors in this knitting pattern! :-x I hate when that happens. :grrr:

Oh well.....I'm just glad I've knit socks before, so I know the mistake when I come to it. I just feel sorry for new sock knitters trying to understand this pattern.

sara_jayne
01-29-2007, 10:59 AM
All the socks around her look fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I haven't been contacted by my swap partner, but that is okay....and I'm also ok with getting my socks late, I don't want the pressure to make my partner cry!

My swap socks and I just started speaking again. We got in a bad fight last Saturday and I didn't knit for a whole week :shock: I finally picked them back up again yesterday morning & I happy to say that we are doing well together now! :teehee:

Leah22b
01-29-2007, 10:59 AM
Oh what beautiful socks.... from everyone who is finished....

I'm working on the foot portion of my first sock, and hope to finish it tonight or tom. Then on to sock 2 which I'm looking forward to. I always think the 2nd one is easier then the first....

I think I've been taunted on here, but I'm not 100% sure... so hopefully I won't be forgotten either.... :hug: and late is never a problem for me... I'd love them whenever I get them.... :muah: :muah:

Angelia
01-29-2007, 11:04 AM
SJ, I'm glad you and your socks are getting along again!! :roflhard:

Leah22b
01-29-2007, 11:06 AM
All the socks around her look fantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I haven't been contacted by my swap partner, but that is okay....and I'm also ok with getting my socks late, I don't want the pressure to make my partner cry!

My swap socks and I just started speaking again. We got in a bad fight last Saturday and I didn't knit for a whole week :shock: I finally picked them back up again yesterday morning & I happy to say that we are doing well together now! :teehee:

Oh no.... thats terrible...

Sometimes you just have to sit them in the corner and let them think about how they are behaveing.... a little timeout never hurt... :teehee:

I'm glad you made up and are doing well again... its hard when your not on speaking terms with your knitting...

Good Luck... :muah:

Yarngineer
01-29-2007, 11:19 AM
I totally agree. When I get frustrated with projects, I just set them down for a few days and walk away. I *really* don't want to start getting so frustrated with a project that I would start to not like knitting.

But then I also suffer from carpal tunnel, so I often have to set down projects even when I don't want to. :P

feminine_earth
01-29-2007, 11:24 AM
Hey guys...are socks supposed to be blocked? :shrug:

Also, for those of you making anklette socks, are you threading a couple threads of elastic through the cuff?

Thanks in advance! :muah:

Lieke
01-29-2007, 11:26 AM
The card is a nice gesture! Even an e-card, which would help you maintain anonymity, would work well. (Plus those are really fun sometimes!)

an e-card, that's a great idea!

Shandeh
01-29-2007, 11:26 AM
Here are my partner's socks so far. I'm working on the hard part now - the gussets. :help:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/153/373380146_a77f909712.jpg

feminine_earth
01-29-2007, 11:28 AM
Wow Shandeh! :inlove: Those are BEAUTIFUL!! :heart:

Shandeh
01-29-2007, 11:35 AM
Thank you! :muah:

Angelia
01-29-2007, 11:38 AM
I must be a freak...I love the gussets!! :woot:

As for blocking socks, I wouldn't worry about it. I've never blocked any of mine and they look perfectly fine. :shrug:

socksforfriskums
01-29-2007, 11:40 AM
taunttaunttaunt

allegra918
01-29-2007, 11:45 AM
Wow, everyone's socks look fantastic and I can't believe people are already receiving socks!!!!
I thought we were all supposed to have them sent to receive by V-day?
Did I miss some other deadline?? :oops:

feminine_earth
01-29-2007, 11:50 AM
Wow, everyone's socks look fantastic and I can't believe people are already receiving socks!!!!
I thought we were all supposed to have them sent to receive by V-day?
Did I miss some other deadline?? :oops:
No allergra, some people are just sending theirs early. I'm not done yet, and won't be sending mine til just before Valentine's day. :)

Shandeh
01-29-2007, 11:51 AM
Me too! I'll be lucky if I finish mine in time. :teehee:

Angelia
01-29-2007, 12:01 PM
All is well, Allegra! :hug: :heart:

allegra918
01-29-2007, 12:11 PM
PHEW!!!! :yay:

Friskums
01-29-2007, 01:02 PM
Dilly and Friskums, GORGEOUS SOCKS!!! :inlove:

Friskums, I'm gonna email you the next time I'll be heading up your way! If you do get that knitting group up and running in Altamonte, let me know as I'd love to visit sometime. :)
Awesome! (I created a blogger page for it here (http://altamonteareaknitnight.blogspot.com). So, if you wanted to watch that, I'll be kept up to date with the status of the knit night.)

socksforfriskums -> That's such an adorable kitty! :heart: :heart:
I'm being taunted! :happydance: :muah: :happydance:

Angelia -> I'm normally not a ruffly kind of girl myself, but it just felt right when I was making them. I'd wear them...if they weren't too big for me. :teehee:

Everyone else -> Thanks for the compliments. :hug:

mwedzi
01-29-2007, 02:21 PM
Thank you very much, KellyK, for knitting me such beautiful socks, and for the MMmmmalabrigo cable hat that you knit for me too! You are awesome! :notworthy: :heart: :notworthy: :heart:

What? Those socks Kelly knit aren't for me? huh. Wait, what? huh? Nooooooooooooooo! :waah: but, but, but everyone's socks are for me!

Really, everyone's socks look so fabulous. Babydill, those socks are mine, right?

Actually, I was really excited because I got a message from my sock pal today! It says that s/he reads my blog and brings my socks to work with them and everyone in his/her workroom knows the socks are for me!! I feel so :hug:

Oh, and Dear Partner, unlike the ArtYarns ultramerino, the Fleece Artist is behaving itself and knitting up in some nice baby cables. :cheering:

KellyK
01-29-2007, 02:23 PM
No one thinks its funny that I knit fluffy pink horrible fake-o obnoxiousocks for Diwwy?? :pout:

Friskums
01-29-2007, 02:37 PM
No one thinks its funny that I knit fluffy pink horrible fake-o obnoxiousocks for Diwwy?? :pout:

When I first saw them, I kept thinking... "but, I thought Dilly didn't want pink in her socks. :?? "

But then I figured I was just remembering it wrong. :shrug:

I kinda liked them though. :teehee:

Dilly
01-29-2007, 03:30 PM
When I first saw them, I kept thinking... "but, I thought Dilly didn't want pink in her socks. :?? "

Nope... you remembered it right. I think we had the conversation in Angelia's blog when the idea for the swap first came up.

Friskums
01-29-2007, 06:02 PM

Nope... you remembered it right. I think we had the conversation in Angelia's blog when the idea for the swap first came up.
Yep, we did.

But, I have a really crappy memory, so I didn't know for sure. :teehee:

KellyK
01-29-2007, 06:22 PM
But... the point is, it was FUNNY. :pout: I only did it because Dilly found out I wsa her swap partner on the FIRST DAY, so I had to come up with some other way to taunt her... :verysad:

allegra918
01-29-2007, 06:30 PM
I think it's funny Kelly!!

knitqueen
01-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Kelly, I think it's hysterical!! :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: How'd she find out so early on?

KellyK
01-29-2007, 06:48 PM
'Cuz of my STOOOPID "clandestine" email address... :!!!: My email was sent from "KellyK" <fakeswapname@host.com>

five_six
01-29-2007, 07:00 PM
KellyK - I think it's hilarious, and very innovative...

My partner too found out straight away, but that was cause stoopid me didn't realise i should remain anonymous!! But I never thought to do something like that so I could taunt!!

Most Excellent *rubs hands together*

earthchick
01-29-2007, 07:46 PM
I haven't been contacted by my sock pal, but then again I thought ALL the pretty socks posted so far were ones y'all were making for me. Right? RIGHT?

I've been hard at work on my pal's socks. I'm still on the first sock, still decreasing the gusset. I am going to have a hard time giving these babies away - I really like this yarn, this color, this pattern. It's been nice to have the diversion while I'm home sick (got a diagnosis today: sinusitis and bronchitis). But sometimes my head and face just ache too much to try to concentrate on the fingering weight yarn....

KellyK
01-29-2007, 07:56 PM
Feel better soon, EC!! :hug:

Dilly
01-29-2007, 10:18 PM
I have pictures! I got my socks this morning as I was heading out the door. As I mentioned already, the lovely KellyK was my not-so-secret sock partner!

I received a pair of fuzzy pink socks a couple of weeks ago. A few days after they arrived, KK once again began taunting that there was another package on its way to me. Having already received my socks, I was confused by what might be in the package, and following some discussion in my blog, KK admited to being the Yarnibomber. :shock:

And this is what I was Yarnibombed with:

Beautiful socks knit out of Colinette Cadenza!

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/socks_177.jpg

Complete with the famous KK gusset:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/amazing_gusset.jpg

As an added bonus, I received a beautiful Pickle hat knit out of Chunky Mmmmmalabrigo! So soft! :thud:
Please don't look at the goofy person wearing the hat - that's me. :help:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/pickle_hat.jpg

Thank you so much, KK!!!! You are an amazing knitter! These Socks Rock! :heart: :hug: :heart:

sara_jayne
01-29-2007, 10:26 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: Great socks, Dilly!!!! They are perfect, Kelly and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the pickle hat! :rofl:

Dilly it is good to see your face again! :heart: I can't wait to see it in 8 days!!!!!! :woot:

:woohoo: :woohoo: I got an e-card from my pal saying my socks are on the way!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!11111

Angelia
01-29-2007, 11:13 PM
Kelly, your gussets make me drool!! :eyebrow:

BEAUTIFUL socks (must.have.that.colorway!), and what a wonderful Mmmmmmmmm Pickle hat for KH's bestest and onlyest Pickle! :hug:

Liliyarn
01-29-2007, 11:45 PM
Dilly & KK
Those socks look fab! Very funky.

:fingerwag: Five_Six I sooooo know better than that....Did I catch something about silk?? :thinking:

:rofl:

And my partner will get my socks very close to 14th, just cuz I am evil that way... :twisted:

KellyK
01-30-2007, 12:52 AM
I WUV the goofy person wearing that hat!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:

I think it helped ALOT that Dilly and I have the same sized tootsies....

Im SO glad you like them! You are ADORABLE in the pickle hat...

:woohoo:

Leah22b
01-30-2007, 12:29 PM

I thought they were cute and looked really soft. Nice trick though... making everyone think they were her real socks... :roflhard:

jberry16
01-30-2007, 03:34 PM

I thought they were cute and looked really soft. Nice trick though... making everyone think they were her real socks... :roflhard:
I did think they were her real socks, fooled me! Great joke though KellyK!

I'm done with the gusset decreases on sock #2 and onto the foot of the sock, I'll have them mailed before the 14th. USPS or Fed Ex????? My dh works for Fed Ex so maybe them, not sure what's cheaper!? My pal is getting a little something I made (besides her socks) in the package too.
:eyebrow:

Shandeh
01-30-2007, 03:36 PM
I finished both gussets last night, and one of them turned out nicer than the other. Oh well....at least I tried! :pout:

Leah22b
01-30-2007, 05:05 PM
I finished both gussets last night, and one of them turned out nicer than the other. Oh well....at least I tried! :pout:

I'm sure they are beautiful! :hug:

KellyK
01-30-2007, 05:53 PM
My pal is getting a little something I made (besides her socks) in the package too.

:hug: THANKS, JBER!!!! :hug:

jberry16
01-30-2007, 07:43 PM
My pal is getting a little something I made (besides her socks) in the package too.

:hug: THANKS, JBER!!!! :hug:

sorry KK, you're not my pal (sock swap pal-that is) my pal doesn't post on here very often...hint hint hint. and she doesn't have a blog either...

KellyK
01-30-2007, 11:52 PM
:verysad:

dreadfull
01-31-2007, 02:27 AM
ooo. it could be me!

i almost never post. but i lurk, oh i lurk.
and i don't have blog!

mmm. those gorgeous blue socks would look so pretty on my feet!

Leah22b
01-31-2007, 10:15 AM
sorry KK, you're not my pal (sock swap pal-that is) my pal doesn't post on here very often...hint hint hint. and she doesn't have a blog either...

Oh no... I think I might post too much... :shock: :pout: But I don't post a lot and I don't have a blog.... Maybe :shrug: Maybe...Oh I don't know.. :verysad:

Andrea
01-31-2007, 11:05 AM
Everything looks great!!! KK I MUST buy that colorway next time I visit you at Chix (tonight??????????????????????????)

Liliyarn
01-31-2007, 12:27 PM
Clue:
My swap pal has posted here a few times.
She may have a blog.
And through some research (gotta love KH for that), she has knit with Malabrigo before.
I can't think of anything else with out completely giving it away.

cara
01-31-2007, 01:54 PM
My partner wanted something soft in a shade of pink or red.

I am saying no more.....

but looookie loooookie what I am putting in the mail tomorrow!!!! They aren't 'perfect'... but I gave them all my love and learned so much with them. They fit well (though a bit big on me) and they are very soft. :)

Not bad for my first pair of socks if I do say so myself!!! :mrgreen:

feminine_earth
01-31-2007, 02:22 PM
Cara, they're gorgeous! :heart:

Liliyarn
01-31-2007, 02:45 PM
Wow, those are good for first socks, Cara! And they do look soft.

Angelia
01-31-2007, 04:24 PM
Lovely Cara!! :cheering: :cheering:

earthchick
01-31-2007, 04:24 PM
Cara, great job!! :cheering:

KK, lovely socks and adorable hat you made for Dilly!

As for me, I got about halfway down the foot of sock #1 before I realized a mistake I made near the beginning of the instep. Bleh. Gah. and Drat. :!!!:

KnittinMitchie
01-31-2007, 05:37 PM
http://mitchiecanknit.blogspot.com My Socks are done and there is the link to my blog so you cna see them. I hope you like them sock swap pal. They are going in the mail tomorrow. I have them all boxed up and ready to go.

Leah22b
01-31-2007, 06:36 PM
Oh.... more pretty socks...

Cara and Mitchie those socks are really pretty... Nice job! :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

KellyK
02-01-2007, 12:58 AM
Cara.... REALLY great job!!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Im a little worried, Mitchie.... I have to knit a store sample sock in Cascade Fixation... an elastic/cotton blend. Your comment skeers me! But the socks are PREEEETY!

cara
02-01-2007, 10:54 AM
Thanks for all the great comments everyone! I felt so motivated by you all that I have started a pair of socks for me out of Confetti Superwash on US sz 1 bamboo needles...

my gawd they feel like toothpicks. My husband told me I should have just gotten the wooden skewers out of the kitchen... love him. love him.

AmandaC
02-01-2007, 12:28 PM
Cara.... REALLY great job!!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Im a little worried, Mitchie.... I have to knit a store sample sock in Cascade Fixation... an elastic/cotton blend. Your comment skeers me! But the socks are PREEEETY!

come talk to me KK and I'll tell my experiences too! I'm using .... nope not going to make it public yet!!!!

Julie
02-01-2007, 02:10 PM
Dear Swap Partner,

The good news is: I'm not dead, I have not yet coughed up my lungs (though we were worried for a minute there) my head has not exploded, and I have not harmed any member of my family during this extended time of plague-like illness that has swept through the land and rendered me useless to do anything but a. stare at the computer; b. lie in bed, moaning; or c. cough a lot.

The bad news: I have missed my self-imposed deadline of February first :shock: and I am currently working on Sock #1. Still. While you *will* receive a package by Valentine's Day, I can no longer guarantee that it will have completed socks in it. :pout: I will guarantee, however, that when the finished socks arrive they will be freshly laundered and germ-free. And really pretty.

Love,

Your Swap Partner

cara
02-01-2007, 03:25 PM
the package has been sent from me in the north to my partner in the south. You should have it in 5-7 days!

yay!

Leah22b
02-01-2007, 05:07 PM
Julie....

I'm glad your feeling better and if I'm your partner... don't worry I'll wait patiently...
for my beautiful socks... :happydance: :nails: :tap: :whistle:

Just kidding... Feel better and don't worry about the time frame.

Vendie
02-01-2007, 06:15 PM
the package has been sent from me in the north to my partner in the south. You should have it in 5-7 days!

yay!

of course it would help if we knew who your pal was :teehee: hmmm, south of NB :thinking: yeah, that narrows it down.

Vendie
02-01-2007, 06:19 PM
Dear Swap Pal,

I would like to send along proof that I am knitting away like mad on your socks. The only problem is that I have been a bit distracted, and not by anything important. We shall blame my husband for bringing the WoW into the house. :shifty:

But I'm on the gusset decreases of the second sock, and the sock from here on out I think will go quickly.

I'll finish soon, I pwomise :flirt:

cara
02-01-2007, 07:14 PM
Oh Fiber girl...those are gorgeous socks.

my favorite color is purple... hmmmm.......

you know my address....send them off to me quickly please!!!!

Julie
02-01-2007, 08:09 PM
Thanks Leah :heart:

And Ven...the lime, the violet....those are beeeeyoootiful :heart:

Vendie
02-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Thanks Cara and Julie :heart:

I wasn't sure if I was going to like the lime and violet knit up into a pattern, but it's turning out to be pretty cool. I think the Monkeys can handle a bit of variegation after all. It's going to be difficult to part with them. Of course, they're too big for me, so I wouldn't be able to wear them anyway :shrug: :teehee:

Dilly
02-01-2007, 09:24 PM
I started plain ol' ribbed socks with my L & V yarn when I was at your house, Vendie, and I got bored with them, and only have about 3 inches of the first leg done. I'm really liking the Monkey socks in that colourway, and might have to knit me a pair. I can't wait to see a picture of them on somebody's feet. I want to see how the pattern shapes over a foot.

Yesterday, I wore my swap socks that KellyK sent me, and they were sooo nice and warm! Thank you again, KK!!!! :heart: :hug: :heart:

KellyK
02-01-2007, 09:33 PM
YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!! Im so glad you like them, Dilly! :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

Did you wear the pickle hat, too???

Are you going to wear the pink fluffies tomorrow? :teehee:

sara_jayne
02-01-2007, 10:46 PM
My sockies are done!!!!!!!!!

:woot: :woot: :woot:

I hope you like them, dear swap partner! :heart:

Julie
02-01-2007, 11:22 PM
Sara, you're too good to me :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

knitqueen
02-02-2007, 12:09 AM
Can you believe I'm at a stand still, and all I have to do is WEAVE IN THE ENDS?????!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: I could easily have these in the mail tomorrow, silly me :fingerwag: (at myself) :teehee:

Angelia
02-02-2007, 12:42 AM
:teehee: I've had a sock OTN for four months now...I only have to kitchener the toe...:rofl:

SJ, those are gorgeous!! :inlove:

KellyK
02-02-2007, 12:52 AM
SJ.... those are VEWWWWWWWWWWWY PRETTTTTTTTTTY!!!! :flirt:

KQ... we need a TEASER!!! :eyebrow:

Friskums
02-02-2007, 01:22 AM
Mine are all packed up and ready to go. Going in the mail tomorrow!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

knitqueen
02-02-2007, 01:48 AM
KQ... we need a TEASER!!! :eyebrow:

I've tried to take a teaser pic, but they never come out doing it justice...maybe I'll try again tomorrow, outside. They're preeeeetty!! :wink:

want2knit
02-02-2007, 02:09 AM
Everyone's socks look great! I'm on the foot portion of the 2nd sock (being done with a "Princess" sole I think someone called it, so it's taking a little longer with having to do the purl rows! Oh I've learned so much knitting these socks!). I should be able to get a lot of knitting done this weekend, esp Sunday :happydance: I'm hoping to finish sometime next week and get them in the mail.

knitqueen
02-02-2007, 02:34 AM
Alright swap partner.....I've got a teaser for you!! It's actually not too bad a picture and shows the colours fairy accurately. They'll be in the mail soon!! :hug:

Liliyarn
02-02-2007, 02:52 AM
KQ: I need details....sock yarn, colorway...and pattern.

Me wants those socks!

Puuuulllllleeeeeeezzzzzzzz :flirt:

dreadfull
02-02-2007, 03:29 AM
kq:

those are spectacular!!!! :heart: :cheering:
they're just what i always wanted. how did you know?

i love how they change colour going up the socks instead of having the variegation all at the same time. so neat!

KellyK
02-02-2007, 03:37 AM
OMGawd those colors, KQ!!!!! :thud: BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! :inlove:

AmandaC
02-02-2007, 05:49 AM
hmmm ... I hope Angelia got it wrong and put my name down as EVERYONE's sqap pal .... I want ALL of these socks :teehee:

want2knit
02-02-2007, 09:25 AM
kq-those are awesome socks, LOVE that color and pattern!!!

Angelia
02-02-2007, 09:35 AM
hmmm ... I hope Angelia got it wrong and put my name down as EVERYONE's sqap pal .... I want ALL of these socks :teehee:

:teehee: If I did any such thing, they'd all be coming to ME! :rofl:

:shifty:

KQ, those socks are stunning!! The colorway, the pattern, everything!! :notworthy:

feminine_earth
02-02-2007, 10:26 AM
I'm on the gusset decreases of the second sock!! Hoping to finish by Sunday, and have them in the mail on Monday! :happydance:

And KQ... :passedout:

Those are some of the prettiest socks I've ever seen. The colors are...just...beautiful!! I want them! :drool:

allegra918
02-02-2007, 10:26 AM
Wow everyone's socks look AMAZING!!!
Amanda C, re: hoping that Angelia had put you down as everyone's pal :roflhard: hilarious!

Wendie, I think the L&V is awesome! I didn't realize that it was such a great colorway! I think it looks great knit up!

I am hoping to (ahem) start my socks this weekend. I do still plan to get them sent by V-day....it can happen right? I knit my dad's socks in two days.....and my swap pal's feet are much smaller than his!!

jcmom
02-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Those finished socks are too much. When we get our socks, we'll know the thought and effort that went into them no matter what skill level was involved and appreciate them even more. Not a pair in the bunch I wouldn't love to wear.
Didn't taunt you sock pal, because I knew you wanted to be taunted. :teehee:

knitqueen
02-02-2007, 12:05 PM
KQ: I need details....sock yarn, colorway...and pattern.

Me wants those socks!

Puuuulllllleeeeeeezzzzzzzz :flirt:

The yarn is Lana Grossa Mega Boots Stretch (http://www.redbirdknits.com/yarn/detail.php?Category=Yarn&name=Mega%20Boots%20Stretch) in the colourway 713. The pattern I used is the Ribbed Lace from Sensational Knitted Socks.

I had NO IDEA that everyone would love the socks I made :aww: We are all our best critic, aren't we?

Leah22b
02-02-2007, 12:24 PM
All I'm going to say about all these beautiful socks is.....

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:teehee: :muah:

Vendie
02-02-2007, 12:25 PM
oh yay! I can do that pattern then! It looks so nice stretched out over a leg. I'm going to have to look that up when I get home tonight. Surely I've got something in my 9.2 miles of sock yarn to knit it up with. :teehee:

Liliyarn
02-02-2007, 12:34 PM
The yarn is Lana Grossa Mega Boots Stretch (http://www.redbirdknits.com/yarn/detail.php?Category=Yarn&name=Mega%20Boots%20Stretch) in the colourway 713. The pattern I used is the Ribbed Lace from Sensational Knitted Socks.

I had NO IDEA that everyone would love the socks I made :aww: We are all our best critic, aren't we?

No wonder me likes. Been eyeing boots stretch for some time now. I'll be ordering it this weekend. :eyebrow:

KellyK
02-02-2007, 01:49 PM
I've never even HEARD of that yarn! Im SO intrigued!!!!

knitqueen
02-02-2007, 02:52 PM
Now that you've all seen the result, you remember way back when I was conflicted whether or not to make the colours match up in the two socks?? If it wasn't for that purple section I think I would have just picked up the yarn for the second sock where the first left off -- but I did end up deciding to make them symmetrical and I'm so glad in the end that I did. :D

Angelia
02-02-2007, 04:38 PM
I saw that yarn online a couple of weeks ago, KQ, and almost ordered some, but I wasn't too sure about it. You've saved me!! (Or cursed me with more sock yarn, I'm not sure...:rofl:)

knitqueen
02-02-2007, 05:03 PM
It's a lovely yarn, I'd definitely use it again. The only thing I didn't like about it, although the end results are gorgeous, is that the colour repeats are SO wide that if you do want your socks to be symmetrical as far as the stripes, you risk wasting a lot of yarn, OR if you are making a pair of socks long enough up the leg to use up most of the ball of yarn, you might not have a choice but to have them be non-matching.

KnittinMitchie
02-02-2007, 07:28 PM
WOW there are some really nice socks on here. Mine are sitting in the box waiting to be mailed. We had some cold weather come through, yet again. So Sock Swap Pal your socks are going in the mail tomorrow. I PROMISE. I've seen several pairs of socks that I absolutely LOVE.

mwedzi
02-02-2007, 09:33 PM
I just want to remind all of you that it is a sin to covet other people's things, so all this blatant expression of desire for all of my socks is really bad.

Love everyone's socks. soooooo pretty. I've used Mega Boots Stretch, too. I like it. I thought it was a wee bit splitty, but I really like the results. I didn't take a pic of those socks before I gave them away. :doh:

Liliyarn
02-03-2007, 03:02 AM
I just want to remind all of you that it is a sin to covet other people's things, so all this blatant expression of desire for all of my socks is really bad.

Oh that one was good!

earthchick
02-03-2007, 10:47 AM
Well, lying is a sin too - like calling all those socks *yours* when you know they are MINE, all MINE!!! :teehee:

Lovely socks, KQ. :cheering:

KellyK
02-03-2007, 11:27 AM
Eh... sin schmin! There was NO mention of socks on those stone tablets... only wives and oxen and ... um.... donkeys. :shifty:

Angelia
02-03-2007, 11:40 AM
THEY'RE DONE!!!! :happydance:

I hope the glare of my pasty legs isn't too blinding...:rofl:

allegra918
02-03-2007, 11:42 AM
O M G!!!!! Angelia those are absolutely AMAZING!!!!!!!!

Thank you so much! You really went out of your way for me!!!

Dilly
02-03-2007, 11:58 AM
Angelia... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Those socks are amazing! :inlove: I want to knit like you when I grow up! :teehee:

sara_jayne
02-03-2007, 12:12 PM
Stunning, Angelia!!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Lieke
02-03-2007, 12:17 PM
I've been away for 2 days and a lot to catch up with. All the socks look great, want to have them all. I've been working on my socks as well, started on the foot of sock # 2, but I'm still afraid I won't finish them in time. I'm still trying, but I'm afraid I don't knit fast enough.

mwedzi
02-03-2007, 01:32 PM
THEY'RE DONE!!!! :happydance:

I hope the glare of my pasty legs isn't too blinding...:rofl:

Please explain to me how it is that you're wearing handmade socks and your ankles still look thin? :grrr:

thischicknits
02-03-2007, 02:15 PM
I'm done!!

No pics as yet, but am hoping my partner likes them.

Liliyarn
02-03-2007, 02:55 PM
Please explain to me how it is that you're wearing handmade socks and your ankles still look thin? :grrr:

The secret is in the gusset :eyebrow:

Angelia
02-03-2007, 04:12 PM

The secret is in the gusset :eyebrow:

:rofl: :rofl:

The secret is also in the angle of the photo. (It was about 20 degrees out and verrrray windy; dh and I were freezing. He said "ONE SHOT!!" and snapped the photo as he said "ready!" Then he ran indoors. :roflhard:)

earthchick
02-03-2007, 09:27 PM
Angelia, those are awesome!!

I don't how you people ALL managed to get my name as your sock pal, but I am soooo grateful for all the gorgeous socks that will soon be coming my way. :muah:

five_six
02-03-2007, 09:58 PM
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Exquisite Angelia, I think they are absolutely, without a doubt, THE most beautiful socks I have ever seen in my life. I know it is a sin, but I can't help it, I know they aren't my socks cause I have mine, but I am soooooo jealous of your swap partner right now!

Jillle
02-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Who knew that knitting socks would lead to so much sin! :fingerwag:

horve1
02-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Angelia - wow! those are gorgeous enough to make this little old lurker come out of hiding to sing your praises!

dreadfull
02-04-2007, 12:27 AM
I am in complete shock!
those socks are so absolutely stunning Angelia.
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

I bow to them!

my feet are writhing in anticipation!

KellyK
02-04-2007, 12:28 AM
Ang... I LIIIIKE yer AYNKLES!! :eyebrow:

Those socks are just.... well...... SOCKTABULOUS!! :notworthy:

Angelia
02-04-2007, 09:13 AM
:teehee: Thanks for liking my ankles, Kelly! :eyebrow:

Thanks for the sockliments everyone! :aww: You've made hours and hours and hours of working on size 0 dpns worth it! (That said, I don't want to discourage anyone from knitting these--the pattern isn't difficult; it just requires concentration for the chart parts! My hands never hurt once--hurray for knitting with merino!!)

I can give hints re my partner...

Partner, you live north of me (though most everyone does...:rofl:), wear almost the same size shoe I do, and these socks suit you very well, which is why I went with the pattern I did.

mwedzi
02-04-2007, 10:42 AM

Partner, you live north of me (though most everyone does...:rofl:), wear almost the same size shoe I do, and these socks suit you very well, which is why I went with the pattern I did.

sounds like me! I do believe those socks would suit me very well, I do look so lovely in burgundy and gold. :teehee:

Andrea
02-04-2007, 10:58 AM
How does burgandy and gold fit into my life? There's gotta be a connection...because I'm north and have the same feetsies as you...I think :teehee:

And paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaartner...I'm still trekking along on sqck #2! I hope it's done by V-day!! :heart:

My hint...you've posted on here a few times and you're puuurty! :teehee:

Dilly
02-04-2007, 11:43 AM

I know they're not for me. :pout: I do live North of you, but I just have little feetsies compared to yours and I've already gotten warm cozy socks from KK. :heart:

But I do have a birthday in March, and you already know my address... :flirt:

KellyK
02-04-2007, 12:19 PM
these socks suit you very well, which is why I went with the pattern I did.

:shock: :thud: :passedout:

Like Hildie says.... I LOVE birds and crap! :woohoo:

cara
02-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Angelia..... holy smack! those are amazing!!!!!

lucky partner!

dreadfull
02-04-2007, 05:50 PM

hmmm...
i live north of you, and your feet are bigger than mine. NOOOOO!!!!
I guess they aren't for me. SO tragic!
I just don't post enough on here for you to know what suits me very well. puuuuu.
:crying:

even though they do suit me very well.

Shandeh
02-04-2007, 06:00 PM
:pout: Angelia! Am I north of you? :pout:
http://www.smilieland.com/graphics/jeans.gif

want2knit
02-04-2007, 10:49 PM

:passedout: Angelia, beautiful job!

Could those socks be for me?! (though I don't know what your shoe size is) If so, sneaky, very sneaky........

Now I've got to get off here and go finish my partner's sock.

Vendie
02-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Well, my pal can rest easy. No harm came to her socks while I was watching the Superbowl. I said in my blog that I could not guarantee the safety of her socks if the Colts lost. But they won!!!!!!!!@@#$!1q111! So the socks are safe!

And they're almost done. I'm on the last pattern repeat before the toe decreases! :woot:

Shandeh
02-04-2007, 11:57 PM
Yay Vendie! :happydance:

Lieke
02-05-2007, 03:05 AM
Dear swap pal

Great news, I might be able to finish your socks in time after all. I've had a lot of knitting-time last saturday and sunday and your socks are almost done. I've got to do less than half of the cuff and weave in the ends. I'm hoping to mail them today or tomorrow.

-ETA- I finished them :happydance: Only the weaving in of the ends and I can mail them :woohoo:

jrsas
02-05-2007, 08:02 AM
All the socks are beautiful, everyone has done such wonderful knitting. :muah:

My sock pal should be receiving her package today or tomorrow. It went out in the mail on Saturday. I didn't take a picture before I packaged them so...I would love to see a picture.

Lieke
02-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Well, my socks are done. I'll mail them today. (actually, I'm preparing the package right now to mail them) I've been hesitating to post this pictures, because I think my partner will know now the socks are for her, but well, I'll just post them. She'll find out in a week anyway. So swap pal, this are your socks:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Liekevangenesen/swapsocks1.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Liekevangenesen/swapsocks2.jpg

Liliyarn
02-05-2007, 09:49 AM
All I can say is...WOW Lieke! Another pair that I just love! Great job!

feminine_earth
02-05-2007, 10:25 AM
LIEKE! THOSE ARE MINE! THEY'RE MINE MINE MINE!! :woot: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! :heart:

They ARE mine, right? I mean...who else said they liked stripes and toe socks?? :happydance: OMG! When I visited your blog and said I wished you were my partner, I didn't think you really were! I just thought it would be awesome to get socks from across the ocean, and knitted by such a great knitter!! I'M SO EXCITED! AHHHH!
:passedout:

If they're NOT mine, well then...I'll just cry.

But I think they're mine. :teehee:

Shandeh
02-05-2007, 10:37 AM
Lieke, those are so CUTE!!! :heart: :)

Leah22b
02-05-2007, 11:49 AM
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: Soooooooooooo beautiful..... Sooo beautiful

:thud: :passedout: I knitted all day Sat. and 1/2 the night :thud: :sleepy:

After :frog: :frog: & :frog: the toes, I am finally done with sock#1 and am on to sock#2. Sock 2 is going much faster this time and I'm 1/2 way to the heel flap... :woohoo: I hope to get some good progressive knitting done this week so I can still send them by the 14th. I hope I won't be late... I've been knitting all the free time I have and some I haven't...lol... Please bare with me pal I will mail them as soon as I can... In the mean time I'll post a pic or 2 soon. :muah: :hug: :muah:

Leah22b
02-05-2007, 12:19 PM
Pictures.... Sorry they don't do the socks justice, but they will give you an idea...lol

feminine_earth
02-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Very pretty, Leah!! :cheering:

KellyK
02-05-2007, 01:22 PM
LIEKE!!! THose look FABULOUS! Toes and glove fingers are HARD! You did a GREAT job! REALLY! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

And all that worrying you did,..... I hope you never feel like you need to put that much pressure on yourself again!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Lieke
02-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Love your socks Leah

Lieke
02-05-2007, 01:24 PM
LIEKE!!! THose look FABULOUS! Toes and glove fingers are HARD! You did a GREAT job! REALLY! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

And all that worrying you did,..... I hope you never feel like you need to put that much pressure on yourself again!! :heart: :heart: :heart:

Well, it was the 2nd time I had to hurry with my knitting. My christmas gifts were almost late as well...I guess the more I worry, the faster I knit. :teehee:

About the difficulty-degree of the socks. I did them toe-up, and that wasn't hard at all. Only the joining at the toes was a bit of a wrestling, but on the whole it wasn't as hard as I had expected. (now I want to knit gloves :oops: )

Liliyarn
02-05-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm not sure... :thinking: but I think feminine_earth is excited about something...

Liliyarn
02-05-2007, 03:10 PM
Leah22b

If I can remember I'll bring my camera to the knit meet. Maybe we can get better pictures. You've worked hard on them and should have a nice picture to remember them by :hug:

feminine_earth
02-05-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm not sure... :thinking: but I think feminine_earth is excited about something...
Whatever gave you that idea? :teehee:

Liliyarn
02-05-2007, 03:18 PM

Yeah, but now you have to wait for them to arrive... :teehee:

a....g.....o.....n.....y.....

feminine_earth
02-05-2007, 03:25 PM

Ah, you're right! I didn't think about that! :doh: Someone tell me why nobody has invented the Teleporting Postal Service yet? I mean, come on, people are walking on the moon but we can't teleport up there?? Sheesh! :rofl:

Yarngineer
02-05-2007, 05:00 PM
I am finally done with my sockentine socks. I had to try twice to get the dye to set, and then for the socks to finally dry. I have posted pic on my blog as well as the flickr site for our swap.

I am going to mail them out tomorrow. mmmm...who are they for?

Leah22b
02-05-2007, 05:10 PM

:twisted: Not only that, but there is a chance they could be...........

for someone else.... :twisted:

Leah22b
02-05-2007, 05:12 PM
Leah22b

If I can remember I'll bring my camera to the knit meet. Maybe we can get better pictures. You've worked hard on them and should have a nice picture to remember them by :hug:

That would be great! :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

See ya tonight :muah:

CarmenIbanez
02-05-2007, 05:41 PM
I just clicked through 116 pages of sockintine stuff. What fun! I wish I would have given it a try. Oh well, maybe next time. Can't wait to see more pictures!

thischicknits
02-05-2007, 07:05 PM
Here is a teaser shot by my 5 yr old DD

knitqueen
02-05-2007, 07:16 PM
I have no clue who my sock buddy is. Haven't heard from her in over a month :pout: . I actually find myself kind of forgetting about it once in a while, now that the socks I made are done and in the mail -- I'll probably get a surprise one of these days! :happydance:

Andrea
02-05-2007, 08:02 PM
I am so :!!!: excited that it's February!!!! I can't wait to find out who my pal is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!89u3w194e0qHY2;FROWAIHDSZ :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

dreadfull
02-05-2007, 09:36 PM
ooo. those look great thischickknits!!!!

are they perchance the bff socks? link: http://www.knitanon.com/blog/bff.html

lovely colours!

KnittyKitty
02-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Ooo! Lovely sockies!

Angelia, I do believe Barbados is North of you :teehee: (anywhere can be north if you put yer body right!) Simply GORGEOUS and such detail! I on the other hand am slightly ashamed of what I've sent. I really tried. They came out great sockwise but... anyways when you see them you'll know what happened. :verysad:

please don't stone me with sock yarn y'all when you see her sockies - that's why I'm not botherin' to post 'em

I haven't gotten a word from my sock pal and that's not a problem because I haven't contacted mine either. Poor thing must be wondering (like me) if she's even getting socks at all!

Shandeh
02-05-2007, 10:19 PM
I'm sure your socks are just FINE, my friend. No worries! :hug:

I'm still working on my partner's socks, and am FINALLY at the point where I can decrease for the toes. I thought I would NEVER get there!
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/136/381231790_d7f9c4ba12.jpg

Stiney
02-05-2007, 10:28 PM
Sandy, those toes are just :inlove:

How did you do them????

Shandeh
02-05-2007, 10:31 PM
Stine, are you teasing me? :teehee:
The toes aren't done yet, silly girl!!!

(I don't think my partner wants to walk around with dpns on her feet.)