PDA

View Full Version : Sockintine Sock Swap!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

Yarngineer
02-05-2007, 10:39 PM
thischicknits,

those socks are gorgeous! :cheering:

KellyK
02-06-2007, 01:18 AM
MARGARET! Those are GAWGEOUS! Tell E I said she should aspire to a career in photojounalism... NICE PIC!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Shandeh... PREEEEETY pattern! :notworthy:

Liliyarn
02-06-2007, 03:34 AM
My camera wasn't much better Leah. I think the colors come through more. Natrual light would do it justice...not the yellow lights in the cafe.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/151/381503146_4fcbe9d36e_o.jpg

Lieke
02-06-2007, 03:49 AM
Whatever gave you that idea? :teehee:

Yeah, but now you have to wait for them to arrive... :teehee:

a....g.....o.....n.....y.....
Ah, you're right! I didn't think about that! :doh: Someone tell me why nobody has invented the Teleporting Postal Service yet? I mean, come on, people are walking on the moon but we can't teleport up there?? Sheesh! :rofl:

that would've been nice, it would've given me some more time.

Lieke
02-06-2007, 03:54 AM
well, I haven't heard from my pal for months either. I've got no clue who is my partner (I keep forgetting who isn't knitting with wool, because I know there are at least 2 people who aren't knitting with wool)

allegra918
02-06-2007, 08:20 AM
Hey can we take a poll to see who is still working on their socks, and who will not be sending them out til the last minute??

anything to make me feel better.....

AmandaC
02-06-2007, 08:26 AM
I haven't finished :pout: I'm on the second sock and am doing the foot. I'm hoping to do alot on it tonight and then a bit tomorrow and :pray: that I'll be able to post it on Friday. But I don't think it will arrive till after the 14th.

Lieke
02-06-2007, 09:04 AM
Hey can we take a poll to see who is still working on their socks, and who will not be sending them out til the last minute??

Well, mine WERE send out last minute. shipping will take about 6 days, but when the weather is bad, it can take longer, so I really wanted them send yesterday (and I did, but it took me blood, sweat and tears) Dont feel bad, if it wasn't for my body, finally coöperating, I wouldn't have been able to send them in time as well. Fortunately, my joints didn't hurt while knitting, so I could keep knitting till the socks were finished (although I do have some pain now when I knit, but well, I don't care, I just wanted to knit and finish my socks in time)

SandraEllen
02-06-2007, 09:20 AM
I didn't realize how quickly that deadline is creeping up...
I better get my socks finished! I'm at the toe decreases on both of my socks.

I wonder how long it takes to ship things to New Jersey (hint hint) :teehee:

feminine_earth
02-06-2007, 09:49 AM
I'm just about ready to graft the toe of the second sock, only a couple more decrease rounds! And then I'll be able to send them out to my pal! :cheering:

mwedzi
02-06-2007, 10:21 AM

I won't be finishing my partner's socks until this weekend, working on them in the airport and on the plane. They will probably go out next Monday.

Angelia
02-06-2007, 10:22 AM
Wow, so many beautiful :inlove: socks!!! :cheering: :cheering:

Lieke, I bow to your toe socks! :notworthy: :notworthy: They're adorable!! No wonder you were in such a state about finishing them--though the effort is apparent and well worth it!

I'm loving this swap!!!! :woot:

sara_jayne
02-06-2007, 10:41 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I got my swap socks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 :woot: :woot: :woot:

They are PERFECT and I got goodies too!

My partner was jrsas and she used some stunning Lisa Souza yarn - she said it perfectly when she said this:
Reminds me of the Pacific Ocean in the Santa Barbara area of California. The pattern looks like the waves coming to shore

They are SOOO pretty!

She also sent some awesome DPN holders from this Etsy shop (http://www.lunastrixae.etsy.com). I've never seen anything like them - what a great idea. She also sent the CUTEST stitch markers I have EVER seen! She also included a flip flop key chain (that I forgot to take a picture of).

Everything is so perfect - thank you SO much Jackie!!!! :hug: :heart: :hug:

My Swap Socks - color is a bit washed out here
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/swapsocks.jpg

Close up of pattern - color is better here
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/swapsocksclose.jpg

DPN Holders
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/dpnholder.jpg

Cutest stitch markers ever!
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/stitchmarkers_106.jpg

Angelia
02-06-2007, 10:44 AM
I am seriously coveting your goodies, SJ...I would wear those stitch markers as earrings...:rofl:

cara
02-06-2007, 10:46 AM
oh wow, thischicknits!! those socks are gawgeous! mine..mine..mine... (like the seagulls in Finding Nemo) hehe. :)

I can't wait for my partner to get her socks. She should get them any day now! I read her blog to see what she is into and it was all things natural and some tea too!

HINT HINT!

hehehe.

I am so excited. I hope mine get here before Feb 13th as I am leaving for a week to visit my parents so I won't be home to receive them until after the 21st!!! (but my parents have an address too if you need it sock buddy!) (no pressure!!!)

:teehee:

Stiney
02-06-2007, 11:05 AM
Stine, are you teasing me? :teehee:
The toes aren't done yet, silly girl!!!

(I don't think my partner wants to walk around with dpns on her feet.)
:rofl:

I meant heels. :doh:

SandraEllen, NJ is the center of the universe. :flirt:

Shandeh
02-06-2007, 11:25 AM

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

I am getting SO EXCITED about the sock swap!!!! I just can't WAIT to see my package!!!!! :happydance: :happydance:

Stiney
02-06-2007, 12:20 PM

I am getting SO EXCITED about the sock swap!!!! I just can't WAIT to see my package!!!!! :happydance: :happydance:

:poke: Welllll? You didn't answer my question!

Leah22b
02-06-2007, 12:23 PM
My camera wasn't much better Leah. I think the colors come through more. Natrual light would do it justice...not the yellow lights in the cafe.

Thanks for trying. Maybe if it warms up sometime this week I'll take them outside and try again. :hug:

Leah22b
02-06-2007, 12:27 PM

I'm working on sock #2 its going much faster then sock#1. I'm almost done with the leg. If I can keep this pace then I should be done by this weekend, or Saturday at the latest.

:cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

JLC
02-06-2007, 01:57 PM

I'm still working on them. I'm about halfway done with the cuff on the 2nd sock. I'm hoping to get them in the mail on Saturday, but weekends are my only real time to knit, so they may have to go out on Monday. :oops:

thischicknits
02-06-2007, 05:39 PM
Thanks for the :cheering: guys! These were really fun to do. Dreadfull - I didn't intentionally do the BFF pattern but they do look very much the same! I'd love to see the pattern to see if I actually did the same thing. I came up with this design by merging two different patterns into one for these socks.

I am now on the hunt for goodies to putin the box! :teehee:

Yarngineer
02-06-2007, 05:53 PM
Bwahahaha! I just mailed my package to my socky swap pal today. Should only be a few more days....till socky goodness.... :eyebrow:

earthchick
02-06-2007, 06:24 PM
Everybody's socks are gorgeous, just GORGEOUS!!!

Allegra, in answer to your question:
I am still working on mine and they will be sent out at the very last minute. Right now I'm aiming for Feb. 12, Priority Mail.

I made a small mistake that I haven't been able to face fixing because it will involve either frogging 25 rounds or trying to drop 3 sts 25 rounds (you can read about it here (http://earthchicknits.blogspot.com/2007/01/on-perfection.html)). Since I was sick last week, I didn't feel up for the challenge so I set them aside for the weekend. Then on Thursday night, my uncle died and I decided to go to the funeral in North Carolina. I took the socks with me but it turned out that the plane rides (the only chance I had to knit) were just not conducive to the kind of concentration needed for this pattern. I just got home late last night and am hoping to tackle the socks again tonight.

Andrea
02-06-2007, 06:37 PM
I am turning the heel on my second sock...little slower than I had wished...I started in 200 :!!!: 6 on these :!!!: things!!!!

But I plan to knit my heart out on my days off this Thursday and Friday :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

My pal wrote me and said she's sending them out tomorrow!!!!!!!!1111111111224e4e34 :thud:

SJ! I loooooooooove your socks!!! And these little sheepies!!! OMG! :inlove:

Angelia
02-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Please please don't freak out over the 'deadline', folks! It's meant to be a guideline. Life happens, so no worries, okay? This is supposed to be fun! :heart:

Shandeh
02-06-2007, 08:55 PM

:poke: Welllll? You didn't answer my question!

Sorry you had to wait so long, Stine. I had a busy day! I just got in a little while ago, and I've been away from home since 10:15 this morning!

Anyway, enough of my whining. The heel design of this pattern was interesting, and a bit confusing to be honest, but it turned out nice, didn't it?

Begin Heel:
NOTE: Heel is worked in rows on 32 stitches.
Heel Pattern:
Row 1 Slip 1, *k1, slip 1 repeat across from *
Row 2 and 4 Slip 1, purl across
Row 3 Slip 1, *slip 1, k1 repeat across from * until the last 2 stitches, k2.
Knit in heel pattern until you have 32 heel flap rows. Heel flap shape should be
close to square. End with a purl row.

This came from the "River Rapids Socks" (http://files.blog-city.com/files/aa/3830/b/river_rapids.pdf) pattern by Sock Bug. It's free online.

jrsas
02-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Sara I am so glad you like the socks. It was great fun knitting the socks. I enjoyed looking for things to put in the package too.

:balloons: xxx :blooby:

Shandeh
02-06-2007, 10:51 PM
I finished one of the socks today, and I'm kitchenering the toe of the other one now, so it should be finished in a few minutes!
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/181/382239777_d5eaad3bb1_m.jpg

Hsiaokuo62
02-06-2007, 11:14 PM
I got my socks today, I got my socks today! :blooby: :woot: :woohoo:

Pictures below.... from my DP (dear pal) Cara--she did a beauuuutiful job!

Also am including pics of the socks I am knitting for my pal... there is a story to this...can't type it AGAIN so go to my blog! :teehee:

dreadfull
02-07-2007, 03:15 AM
for the poll:

I'm not done yet! it's Day Of Action for the Canadian Federation of Students tomorrow, and i have been working to get rallies and marches figured out. it's midterms at school now too, so life is hectic.
I warned my partner (who hasn't posted on this thread in a VERY long time) that they will be recieved late, so it's all good.

i'll probably send them out over reading week ( which is about 10 days from now)

thischickknits:
the bff pattern is on this page underneath the pictures
http://www.knitanon.com/blog/bff.html

AmandaC
02-07-2007, 06:02 AM
:cheering: :cheering: Did you see my socks ??? did ya? did ya? Aren't they gorrrrrrrrr-geeeeee-ous!!

They are going to be worth the wait :happydance: :cheering:

feminine_earth
02-07-2007, 08:54 AM
I finished! I finished! :woot:

Sock Pal, your socks are going out in tomorrow's mail! I really hope you like them...they are soft, warm ankle socks knit with Colinette Jitterbug superwash wool. They are not perfect, but they were made with love just for you! :hug:

I'll be updating my blog with a picture of the whole package later when I get home from work. :)

AmandaC
02-07-2007, 09:16 AM
Ok sock pal .... you're socks probably won't reach you by Valentines Day - but hopefully will be close.

A picture clue ...

Julie
02-07-2007, 10:45 AM
I have to share that I had a dream last night that I got Angelia's socks in the mail...I was soooooo excited!!! :roflhard:

In other news...I will finish my socks tonight :cheering: I just have about 4" of foot to knit, two toes to graft, and ends to weave. :cheering:

Due to the distance they have to travel, ;) I'm not sure if they'll make it in time for Valentine's Day though... :pout:

Angelia
02-07-2007, 10:52 AM
:rofl: :rofl: Julie!! :hug:

mwedzi
02-07-2007, 11:12 AM
Please please don't freak out over the 'deadline', folks! It's meant to be a guideline. Life happens, so no worries, okay? This is supposed to be fun! :heart:

Too late. I'm totally freaking out. FREAKING. OUT. :noway: :eyes: :zombie: :gah: :hair: :thud:

partner, you WILL have your socks by V-day. *looks into the heavens* I have sworn a solemn oath, and I shall not waver.

allegra918
02-07-2007, 11:36 AM
I am glad that I am not the only one behind in all this and not the only one FREAKING OUT!!! I will probably do priority around the 14th and make sure I add tons of goodies to make up for it.......

Stiney
02-07-2007, 01:57 PM
:doh: I'm starting the heel for sock #2, and I just realized why the heel for sock #1 wasn't quite right. It's a 4-stitch rib pattern fron SKS, and the heel instructions say there will be a 3-st garter border, but I only had the border on one side.

I missed the "p3" at the beginning of row 2.

So....should I do the second sock right, or match it to the first sock? Or should I do the second sock right, and frog the first sock so it's perfect? If it was for me, I wouldn't care, but I want my sockies to be liked and I'm already afraid about sizing issues. :pout:

Friskums
02-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Even though I'm rather nit-picky when I'm making my own things, I say match sock 2 to sock 1 and call it a new design element. :teehee:

Stiney
02-07-2007, 02:12 PM
Even though I'm rather nit-picky when I'm making my own things, I say match sock 2 to sock 1 and call it a new design element. :teehee:

It'll just be weird because then the garter will be on the inside of one heel and the ouside of the other.

Maybe I could modify it so it's either both on the inside or both on the outside. :thinking:

Leah22b
02-07-2007, 02:26 PM

It'll just be weird because then the garter will be on the inside of one heel and the ouside of the other.

Maybe I could modify it so it's either both on the inside or both on the outside. :thinking:

I agree with Friskums... I was once told its not a mistake if they match...lol

That would be kind of cool putting the garter on so they would be always on inside or out. Good Luck!

Leah22b
02-07-2007, 02:31 PM
Progress Report!

It took me 5 weeks to finish sock 1 and in just 2 days I've finished the leg portion of sock 2.... :woohoo: ... I'm onto the fun part :happydance: :happydance: Heel flap, heel turn then Gusset... xxx xxx xxx

CarmenIbanez
02-07-2007, 02:34 PM

This is my new motto!

Liliyarn
02-07-2007, 02:47 PM

This is my new motto!

That was from me "It's not a mistake if they match. It is a personalized, customized design feature." :sun:

And you can also use this one, "It's not a mistake until someone else notices it with out prompting from you."

I'm thinking of writing a knitting book entitled, The Knitter's Guide to Lazy Knitting.

Yarngineer
02-07-2007, 02:50 PM
I agree with Lili. I call all alleged mistakes "design features." Just like a true engineer...as long as lives are not on the line, don't worry about it.
:oops:

And to my sockentine sweetheart pal, if the sockies are late, I do not mind. Just drop a line on my blog anon to let me know you are still alive. :muah:

Liliyarn
02-07-2007, 02:53 PM
I'd also like to add...

Knitting is very forgiving. Most mistakes are easily fixed. Like Leah's "princess" heel. When she started the second sock, it didn't have the princess heel. So to make it match we simply turned it inside out. Thankfully, she hadn't made it past the heel flap, so we could do that.

Think creatively and most mistakes can easily become design features.

My socks have mistakes...er um....customized design features swap pal

Liliyarn
02-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Oh hey...also here's another idea...in your package add chocolate. It fixes everything.

Okay time to go to work now...later...

:waving: hey Yarngineer

jhelanee
02-07-2007, 03:27 PM
A teaser for my pal:

Leah22b
02-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Oh hey...also here's another idea...in your package add chocolate. It fixes everything.

Okay time to go to work now...later...

:waving: hey Yarngineer

:woohoo: Yup chocolate is good for the soul (but not the sole :teehee: )....lol

Happy Knitting everyone...
:doh: Bad Pun :doh: :rofl: :rofl:

earthchick
02-07-2007, 04:38 PM
I am so pleased with myself that I had to post this. I made a teeny mistake, twice, at the instep of sock #1 and could not just leave it that way. For one thing, I would had to have just kept doing that same mistake down the rest of the foot for it to look right (not to mention doing the same thing to sock #2), and still it would've been mismatched to the other side of the foot.

So this morning I did what I haven't been able to face doing for a week now. I dropped the three stitches involved - 35 rounds down! I figured if I wasn't able to get things fixed I could just frog, but I wanted to try fixing it first. And I did! I went back and put the p1, yo, sl 1, k2tog, psso, yo, p1 where it was supposed to go, and then picked up the dropped stitches from there, and then did the same thing every 12 rounds and voila - it's all fixed. And I didn't have to frog and reknit all those teeny stitches on 35 rounds. :happydance:

So these babies may actually get done in time. We'll see....

Oh, and if my sock pal is out there - I'd love to hear from you. An anonymous comment on my blog would make my day, or a PM through Angelia, or you can just do like KK does and send me a direct email that actually reveals your identity in the address. :teehee:

knitqueen
02-07-2007, 04:53 PM
Wow, Stacey! That's awesome and you should be very pleased with yourself! :cheering:

I think I've got my pal figured out :teehee: . Based on her emails to me and some heavy investigative work through pages and pages of posts here, I came across something veeeery interesting! :teehee: Can't wait to know for sure though.

Hsiaokuo62
02-07-2007, 05:09 PM
Stacey you ROCK! That sounds like a very challenging task -- next time I am in a jam like that I will try to remember to get encouragement from you!

Jenelle
02-07-2007, 05:53 PM
I got an email from my partner who said my socks are on the way! :woohoo:

Leah22b
02-07-2007, 05:58 PM
earthchick That is awesome! Way to go! :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: I love when that type of stuff works out correctly! :notworthy: :notworthy:

cara
02-07-2007, 08:31 PM
jhelanee, those socks are so YUMMY!!!!!!!!

KellyK
02-07-2007, 10:47 PM
J... those socks are GAWGEOUS!!! :notworthy:

or you can just do like KK does and send me a direct email that actually reveals your identity in the address. :teehee:

:!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

Shandeh
02-07-2007, 11:05 PM
jhelanee - I WANT THOSE SOCKS NOW!!!!
:heart: :inlove: :heart: :inlove: :heart: :inlove: :heart:

Angelia
02-07-2007, 11:07 PM
Oooh, they're beautiful!!! :inlove: The color, the cables--everything!

jhelanee
02-08-2007, 12:12 AM
:blush: Thanks! It was hard to mail them off - I was so happy with how they turned out I wanted to keep them for myself. I suppose I could make another pair, but where's the fun in that? :shrug:

want2knit
02-08-2007, 12:18 AM
:doh: I'm starting the heel for sock #2, and I just realized why the heel for sock #1 wasn't quite right. It's a 4-stitch rib pattern fron SKS, and the heel instructions say there will be a 3-st garter border, but I only had the border on one side.

I missed the "p3" at the beginning of row 2.

So....should I do the second sock right, or match it to the first sock? Or should I do the second sock right, and frog the first sock so it's perfect? If it was for me, I wouldn't care, but I want my sockies to be liked and I'm already afraid about sizing issues. :pout:
Cawthraven - this happened to me as well.

My sock pal is going to have a "very unique design element" also! I didn't realize I had done the sole of the foot in garter stitch until I had already cast on for the second sock. I also made a mistake on the gusset on the first sock because the pattern in SKS wasn't clear to me. Now I can see what I did wrong but it's too late to frog the entire sock and re-do it. The second one I had to make to match the first. I figured really only the cuff and top of the foot show anyway, so I hope my pal can forgive me, plus I'm including other goodies 8)
I'm still on the foot portion of the sock but should finish up this week and maybe get them mailed Sat., but more likely not til Mon next week.

Jenelle
02-08-2007, 12:23 AM
Here's a teaser!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i283/Knitting-Nelly/HPIM0543.jpg

Still working on the second one.

earthchick
02-08-2007, 12:38 AM
Jenelle, those look great!

I just finished sock #1 tonight, all but the kitchener. I'm so happy with it! AND when I tried it on - it fit me perfectly! Will I be able to send them off to my sock pal next week? We'll see....

AND I just got a message frommy sock pal! :happydance: Made me smile. :teehee: Thanks, sockpal! :muah:

KellyK
02-08-2007, 12:47 AM
Ive NEVER heard from my pal... :verysad: She doesnt luv me. :pout: I dont know why.... Im kinda cute! :flirt:

Lieke
02-08-2007, 05:27 AM
I want to hear from my swap pal as well :verysad:

Andrea
02-08-2007, 10:27 AM
You ARE cute, KK :flirt:

My sock pal loves me and that makes me happy :heart:

KellyK
02-08-2007, 10:59 AM
:aww:

Shandeh
02-08-2007, 11:36 AM
Yay!!!!! I finally finished my partner's socks!!!!
:cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/184/383745043_4c48bdecf9.jpg

I didn't want to put them on my feet to try them on, because I kinda felt like I would be intruding on my partner's space. :shrug: Plus, the yarn is so soft and yummy and beautiful, that I was afraid I would never be able to take them off again. :teehee:

So, sock partner....whoever you are, you'd better like 'em!! :-x
:heart: :teehee:

Andrea
02-08-2007, 11:41 AM
Very pretty, Shandeh!! :cheering:

earthchick
02-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Shandeh, that's okay, you can try my socks on, I won't mind! :hug:

KellyK
02-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Shandeh... they look GREAT! I like that "eye of partridge" heel! :flirt:

Shandeh
02-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Thank you all so much! :muah:

I'm proud of them, but a little peeved about the yarn. I bought two skeins, same color, same dye lot.....but OBVIOUSLY one of the skeins is a little darker than the other.

I didn't notice it until I had already turned the heel, but the shop didn't have another skein, and I was almost out of time, so I had to run with it.

Hopefully, my pal is willing to live with it, or will dye the socks to match if she can't. :teehee:

earthchick
02-08-2007, 03:17 PM
Shandeh, they are so gorgeous that I totally won't mind wearing one that's darker than the other. :muah:

Stiney
02-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Shandeh, I didn't even notice until you pointed it out. :teehee: Now I can see one has more purple than the other, but otherwise, I wouldn't have noticed. :hug: They're beautiful.

Andrea
02-08-2007, 04:38 PM
:rofl: EC :rofl:

thischicknits
02-08-2007, 05:27 PM
KK - I'll be your sock-partner-in-proxy - but only because you ARE cute and only til you hear from your very own.

:muah:

Vendie
02-08-2007, 06:32 PM
I just finished my pal's socks! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I'll take pics tomorrow, since we're losing light now. The socks will go out on Monday, after I pick up a couple of things to complete the package.

Angelia
02-08-2007, 07:18 PM
I just finished my pal's socks! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I'll take pics tomorrow, since we're losing light now. The socks will go out on Monday, after I pick up a couple of things to complete the package.

You're so sweet to spoil me!!! :muah:

Hsiaokuo62
02-08-2007, 11:56 PM
Wow Shandeh those are BEEEEYYUUUUUTIIFULLLL!

What pattern did you use, and was it really hard????

Shandeh
02-09-2007, 12:04 AM
Wow Shandeh those are BEEEEYYUUUUUTIIFULLLL!
What pattern did you use, and was it really hard????
Thank you, my friend! :hug:
I used Wildfoote Luxury Sock Yarn (colorway "Sonatina"), and the free online pattern called "River Rapids Socks" (http://files.blog-city.com/files/aa/3830/b/river_rapids.pdf) by SockBug.

The only difficult part for me was the heel, because I kept forgetting which row I was on. :doh: The lace pattern is not too bad, but it can also be confusing if you don't use a row counter diligently.

This was my very first attempt at continuing a design down the top of the foot, and I think I did a good job! (Maybe I should have tried a simpler design first.) :teehee:

Liliyarn
02-09-2007, 03:03 AM
cawthraven

I'm immortalized now....

:oops: :thud:

Jenelle
02-09-2007, 02:25 PM
I got my swap socks! Paula you are AMAZING! :muah: :heart: :muah:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i283/Knitting-Nelly/HPIM0566.jpg

Though I'm still trying to figure out who you are on here, thank you so much! I understand now why you didn't want to taunt. :teehee: The socks are a great fit, and they are really warm. :heart: :heart: :heart:

want2knit
02-09-2007, 05:03 PM
:psst: Shandeh has started a thread on CHOCOLATE (of all things) over in the general discussion. Might want to check it out for goodies for your pal!

Angelia, you matched me up with a great sock pal! I'd already gotten her the kind of chocolate she said she likes before I even saw Shandeh's thread!

Almost done, pal, should be kitchenering tonight and possibly mailing tomorrow! Woo-hoo!

Andrea
02-09-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm almost done too!!!!!!! :cheering:

I'm hoping my sqcks come today, because my pal said so! :teehee:

Angelia
02-09-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm almost done too!!!!!!! :cheering:

I'm hoping my sqcks come today, because my pal said so! :teehee:

:pray: Stalking the mailman is fun! :twisted:

Yay Holly!! It's nice finding out about your pal through verray snikky ways!

want2knit
02-09-2007, 05:30 PM
oh Angelia you're killing me........I can't wait to get my socks!! :cheering:

Andrea
02-09-2007, 05:34 PM
No sqcks today! :pout:
But I did get my new IK! :happydance:

jberry16
02-09-2007, 08:08 PM
knitqueen!!! thank you, my son loves the hotwheels car and my dd has been sick so I haven't taken a pic of the socks on her yet, but they fit and so do mine! so purty, I'll be wearing them with my other shades of green on St. Patricks day. The yarn is sooooo purdy. and the chocolates were yummy, ok so I haven't eatin all of them yet, but that's only because we've had a nasty tummy bug and I didn't want to eat them in hiding, I like to taunt...jk thanks so much. It was very sweet of you to include something for my ds too since you made matching socks for my dd.
I think it's funny that I've asked youmany questions about doing sock magic loop and then you were my buddy. BTW I love the magic loop method of sock knitting, more than the dpn.

pal, I hope to hear from you I mailed your socks on the sixth. here's a hint, I had my grandma e-mail you asking you for your zip code, 75657, since I've been without internet until tonight.

knitqueen
02-09-2007, 10:15 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: So glad you're happy with them!! :muah:

Shandeh
02-10-2007, 01:33 AM
KnitQueen, that was a PRECIOUS package! :hug:

Liliyarn
02-10-2007, 03:43 AM
I am posting this simply because it should be my 500th post....

Shandeh
02-10-2007, 03:47 AM
Woo Hoo! It was! :balloons: :star:

jrsas
02-10-2007, 08:51 AM
The socks are all beautiful. I have not been on in a while so had to catch up. So many wonderful patterns and beautiful yarn I want to knit a little of each. So much to do so little time!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Angelia
02-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Aww, KQ, the widdle socks are adorable!! Of course the big ones..:inlove:

Yarngineer
02-10-2007, 11:03 AM
KQ - The little socks are adorable. And so are the Lindt Chocolates. I adore those. I give them away to friends all the time and turn them into Lindt fiends too. :teehee:

mintdee
02-10-2007, 12:03 PM
:hair: darn USPS won't update their tracking! My pal sent me the link so I could track it and they have it in transit in NC from a few days ago. This is agony.

In other news my sock are finally shapeing up and I am almost done with sock one. I even think that it may fit. I hope.
Later Gators! :hug:

want2knit
02-10-2007, 05:08 PM
I did it! I completed my first PAIR of socks! Sock pal, your socks were mailed today. Hope you like them...........

Shandeh
02-10-2007, 05:24 PM
Pretty Pretty! :heart:

Angelia
02-10-2007, 11:46 PM
Those are lovely, Holly!! And congrats on your first pair of socks!! :cheering: :cheering:

KnittyKitty
02-11-2007, 02:57 AM
Oh wow! Everyone's socks on here are just beautiful!! Great job everyone! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

jhelanee
02-11-2007, 02:07 PM
To my pal (who is knitting for me):

I got the PM Angelia forwarded me. I completely understand if my socks are delayed, and look forward to getting them once you finish. Thanks for letting me know! (Very cute poem, BTW) :muah:

Vendie
02-11-2007, 06:07 PM
Bwahahaha! I just mailed my package to my socky swap pal today. Should only be a few more days....till socky goodness.... :eyebrow:

Oh! And what socky goodness it is!

When my husband picked me up from the airport this afternoon, he told me there was a package waiting for me at home, and that he thought it was from my sock swap partner. I squeeeeed and :woot: 'ed all the way home!

I picked up the box and said " :!!!: this is heavy!" and then squeeeeed and :woot: 'ed some more when I opened it. Wanna see what was inside???? My pal made me Monkey socks out of Lisa Souza Sock! in what is easily my most favoritest color in the world - burgundy! Gorgeous!

Thank you Yarngineer for the wonderful package! I left a note for you at your blog, but I'll tell you again here that I love the socks, they fit wonderfully! And I can't wait to dive into all those goodies that you sent along with them. You spoiled me rotten! I think I may have had the best sockatine swap pal ever!

Andrea
02-11-2007, 06:51 PM
Preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty, Vendie!!!!!!1 :cheering:

I found out who my pal was---Sara Jayne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not only was she my pal, but because of my wonderful surprise party this weekend, I got mine IN PERSON!!! :woot: :woot:

I will take pictures later, I have to take Amanda to the airport soon :verysad:

KnittyKitty
02-11-2007, 09:47 PM
:passedout:

Wuhloss!!! Can I squee with you?

SQUUUUEEEEE!!!! Gorgeous! You guys are getting some wonderful packages! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Angelia
02-11-2007, 10:28 PM
Oh Vendie, those are beautiful!! And lookie at all the other goodies! :inlove:

Yarngineer!! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Liliyarn
02-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Vendie -

I was very close to distracting Yarngineer with chocolate cookies at the knit meet so I could run away with those socks...

luckily, I'm a good person at least 50% of the time and it happened that at that moment, I was being good....

dreadfull
02-12-2007, 12:50 AM
oh my!!!!!

Those are absolutely fantastic!!!!!
love the colour! love the pattern! GORGEOUS!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

dreadfull
02-12-2007, 12:53 AM
sorry to double post

but just a little taunt for my partner :waving: (even though they are never on this thread - maybe they are lurking?):

i just got a brand new spindle and some gorgeous roving... perhaps some homespun in your package???? :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

KellyK
02-12-2007, 01:09 AM
:inlove:

What ARE all those extra goodies, Vend?? DETAILS, please!!

Lieke
02-12-2007, 04:11 AM
:woot: I just got an e-mail that my socks are on their way :happydance:

mulene
02-12-2007, 08:14 AM
My dear socky swap pals and everyone at KH.com;

Sadly I am writing to say I have failed terribly in this socky swappy thing. I do have a good excuse but it doesn't make me feel less bad or sad that I had to drop out at the last minute.

I am lying here, against doctors orders, typing on this site. I have pulled all the muscles in the left side of my back. It was a very simple twisting movement that did it, at first I just thought "ah pulled a muscle oh well" but then after a few days BAM the entire thing ceased up and went into spasm. Since then I have been ordered to lie on my stomach, put ice on once an hour for fifteen minutes and rest rest rest rest. I can't concentrate to read, I can't get comfortable enough to knit and so I had to fail in my valentines task.

The wonderful Angelia has arranged for my pal to get some socks, and I WILL complete the socks I had in mind for my pal as soon as I am able to.

Looking at all these fabulous goodies people have knit and sent I feel sad that I had to be the one to let the side down.

I'm sorry dear pal, and dear KH'ers. I'll return soon as I can. :heart:

Vendie
02-12-2007, 08:30 AM
Vendie -

I was very close to distracting Yarngineer with chocolate cookies at the knit meet so I could run away with those socks...

luckily, I'm a good person at least 50% of the time and it happened that at that moment, I was being good....

Thanks for being a good person while around my sockies. But I understand why you'd want to snatch them :teehee:

Kelly, oh, there are so many goodies in there! There's a little sampler box of Godiva truffles, gourmet hot chocolates, Valentine's candy, what looks to be homemade peach jam, and other yummies that I can't name right now b/c the box is in the kitchen to keep the pup pup out of it. There were also two little bottles of lotion from Bath and Body Works (they smell so divine).

I got majorly spoiled. :heart:

Mulene! You have had the worst luck lately! I feel so bad for you :hug: I'm sure your pal will understand and will want nothing more than for you to take care of yourself and get better.

jberry16
02-12-2007, 09:56 AM
bless your :heart: Mulene, hope your back is better soon. :hug:

KellyK
02-12-2007, 10:23 AM
:pout: :hug: :heart: MULENE!!! :heart: :hug: :pout:

NICE GOODIES, Vend!!! :eyebrow:

mwedzi
02-12-2007, 11:44 AM
Vendie, what a package! Wowza!

Mulene, I'm so sorry to hear you are hurt. :pout: Don't you worry about it at all. Your partner will understand and s/he will get some socks.

I got a PM from Angelia today saying my socks will be a week late. Oh, woe is me! :pout: How, how I ask, will I keep my little toes from getting frostbite, as they will instantly become colder on V-Day. :teehee: Partner, I understand. My feetsies will be waiting for your socks when they are ready.

And to my partner, your socks might be a day or two late. I know, I know, I suck, but they are in the home stretch, I promise.

Yarngineer
02-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Vendie -

Well, I am sure you noticed how I would take the socks out to show, then quickly sweep them back into my yarn bag. I could not risk those babies disappearing on me. My carpal tunnel had been acting up pretty badly, and I did not want to be set behind another month to recreate them! :)

Yeah, I tend to put alot of little presents in any gift I give to my friends. I like giving people alot of little goodies to enjoy. Especially sweets. The peach jam was a last minute idea. I made a ton of it this fall to give as gifts, since SC has the best peaches. My husband is diabetic, so I used a low amount of sugar and splenda. Peaches don't need alot of sugar to make nice jams or pies.

Yarngineer
02-12-2007, 11:57 AM
Vendie,

I forgot to say your feet are only about 3/4 inch longer than mine, so I would just put them on my feet, check to see the point at which I would start doing the toe, and then just add another monkey pattern repeat. It worked out perfectly! I am so happy.

:cheering: :happydance:

Leah22b
02-12-2007, 12:16 PM
Mulene... Get better soon! Don't worry about the socks your health is much more important! :hug:

Oh what beautiful socks everyone is getting and such yummy goodies!

I can't wait to find out when mine are comeing... :shrug:

I finished my pal's socks last night now I'll gather some stuff together and ship it tom....

Jenelle
02-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Mulene! :heart: :heart: :pout: I hope you feel better soon! :hug:

Yarngineer
02-12-2007, 12:46 PM
Mulene,

Hang in there. I know how hard it is, and how frustrating it is to have major back pain. I have seriously hurt my back several times in the last 10 years. When you feel well enough, try to go see a good Physical Therapist. I still have to do back exercises every day, but it is worth not being taken out of commission for very long. I still get some spasms, but I do not get as hurt as badly when I do, and I recover faster.

Angelia
02-12-2007, 01:31 PM
:hug: :heart: :hug: Mulene!

Liliyarn
02-12-2007, 02:48 PM
i just got a brand new spindle and some gorgeous roving... perhaps some homespun in your package???? :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

I am doing something similar for my partner. :eyebrow:

want2knit
02-12-2007, 03:54 PM
Yarngineer, those are some gorgeous socks you sent to Vendie, and the package of goodies--oh my! Vendie, you were spoiled rotten!

Mulene--take care--I don't even know how you managed to write that e-mail! I had a back spasm on Thanksgiving this year, I was in agony for the whole night and had no pain medicine and had to fly home with it the next day. I didn't get any relief until I got home and was able to take muscle relaxants all day and the next, and finally it subsided with rest after 2 days. I don't know if you have children, but that pain is worse than labor with no drugs. I'm sure your partner will understand your temporary setback. Feel better :hug:

Yarngineer
02-12-2007, 04:12 PM
want2knit,

Muscle spasms are worse than labor pains? Wow, I can actually look forward to giving birth with less pain than I have experienced? I am shocked. I guess I would be more than prepared!

I really hope that is true. My husband and I are going to try to conceive this year.

My last major back problems were about 15 months ago. Even reared up on my honeymoon. Oh boy, was that a major spoiler. I do exercises every day to try to prevent it from interfering majorly in my life again. But it still rears up sometimes.

want2knit
02-12-2007, 04:48 PM
Yarngineer, it was the worst pain "I've" ever been in, can't speak for others. I delivered my first 2 kids with no pain meds, my last with an epidural, but the back muscle spasm brought an awareness of a pain I've never experienced. I have a herniated disc and actually went through physical therapy, and the pain for that wasn't as bad as when I had the muscle spasm. Good for you that you're doing back exercises every day! (I should be better........)

Willow
02-12-2007, 05:08 PM
Feminine_Earth, thank you for the lovely socks. The stuffed puppy, chocolate and teas were a nice touch as well. I haven't worn them yet, but I'll be posting pics with them on my feet later today.
:woot: :blooby:

CarmenIbanez
02-12-2007, 05:12 PM
Andrea, Amanda is home already, so I know you aren't at the airport anymore. Pictures of the socks? :poke:

feminine_earth
02-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Feminine_Earth, thank you for the lovely socks. The stuffed puppy, chocolate and teas were a nice touch as well. I haven't worn them yet, but I'll be posting pics with them on my feet later today.
:woot: :blooby:
Wow! That was quick! I wasn't sure if the package would make it to you on time! Yay! :happydance:

I hope you like the socks...they were my first pair. Your questionnaire said you preferred "funky" socks, and when I found that colorway, I thought they'd be perfect. I hope they fit good, and keep your feet nice and warm! Happy Sockintine's Day! :hug:

socksforfriskums
02-12-2007, 05:23 PM
:verysad:

Socks will definitely be late. I am almost done with the gusset decreases, Friskums, but I still have the whole foot to do. :pout:

Andrea
02-12-2007, 05:56 PM
Andrea, Amanda is home already, so I know you aren't at the airport anymore. Pictures of the socks? :poke:

I will take pictures soon! I wore them as soon as she handed them to me, so they're in the hamper. Soon, my child, soon :heart:

Angelia
02-12-2007, 06:08 PM
Soon, my child, soon :heart:

jrsas
02-12-2007, 07:15 PM
Mulene,

I hope you feel better!!! No worse pain than a muscle spasm...Take care of yourself and don't worry about the socks. Your health is more important.

:hug: :hug:

Friskums
02-12-2007, 09:24 PM

Socks will definitely be late. I am almost done with the gusset decreases, Friskums, but I still have the whole foot to do. :pout:

Awww, dont :verysad: or :pout: !

I kinda forgot I was getting any, after sending mine out. :teehee: :teehee:

I'm not worried, so neither should you be. :muah: :hug: :muah:

Andrea
02-12-2007, 10:51 PM
I finished my sqcks today!!!

I hope to get them in the mail tomorrow!!! :woot:

Angelia
02-12-2007, 11:38 PM
I finished my sqcks today!!!

I hope to get them in the mail tomorrow!!! :woot:

Pictures? :shrug: Of the ones you're mailing, the ones you got, anything?

SandraEllen
02-13-2007, 12:00 AM
I got my socks today!!! The package was on my porch when I got home and I couldn't figure out what it could be. SOCKS!!! =)

It was a valentines day surprise! red socks, a chocolate heart, valentines tea (from adagio.com), pink tissue paper, pink lotion, and the BEST chocolate! I can't wait to try out the tea!

Here are the socks on my happy feet! (BTW, I love red. It's pretty much my favorite color.) :cheering:

Thank you so much want2knit!!!

want2knit
02-13-2007, 12:44 AM
Sandy, I mailed those Sat about 12:30 pm--I can't believe you received them already! They look great on your feet (and your camera shows the color way better than mine did!) I'm glad you liked everything! Happy Valentine's Day!

KellyK
02-13-2007, 02:55 AM

Lieke
02-13-2007, 04:05 AM
:hug: :heart: :hug: Mulene, take good care of yourself. I know how it feels, and I'm sure your swap pal will understand. Just get well as soon as possible, because back pains are BAD. I hate them as well.

cara
02-13-2007, 09:04 AM
for all you back pain people...

pilates.... do it! the pay offs are huge. :)

on another note.. I still don't have my socks. :pout: I am leaving for my parents for a week tomorrow so if I don't get them today I won't get them until I get back. I sure hope my husband remembers to pick up the mail.

I haven't heard from my partner so I don't know if my socks are going to be late or not. I don't mind a bit, but I just wish I knew when to start expecting them!

:heart:

jberry16
02-13-2007, 10:51 AM
SandraEllen and want2knit, those are beautiful, what color and yarn did you use?

SandraEllen
02-13-2007, 11:59 AM
she used Wildfoote (http://www.achildsdream.com/handwork_supplies/dreamy_yarn/wildfoote_sock_yarn.htm) yarn in geranium.

so pretty...

jolenel
02-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Oh Mulene, take care of yourself and get well soon! :heart: :heart:

Leah22b
02-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Oh... Yummmy yummmy socks... they have all come out soooooooo pretty! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:verysad: I haven't heard from my sock pal either.... Are you out there? :hiding: Come out come out wherever you are... :teehee:

I'm waiting as patiently as I can... :nails: :tap: :teehee: :hug:

Yarngineer
02-13-2007, 01:01 PM
for all you back pain people...

pilates.... do it! the pay offs are huge. :)

:heart:

I would agree, but I would wait and do calisthenics and other exercises that are a little more gentle first...only because pilates can be tough on your back if your back is not strong enough for it yet. And find a good instructor.

Even when my back was not a total mess, certain pilates exercises would trigger pain.

Just my opinion though. Everyone is different. :aww:

mintdee
02-13-2007, 05:39 PM
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: {{{{Liliyarn}}}}
You have got to be the best pal ever! I got a Godiva chocolate bar (mmmm...), Some oh so nummy chocolate truffles, Some coffee and a tin of Chinese tea that I can not wait to try. That tin will also make an awsome notions holder! She also stuck a 1.5oz Miss Babs Crazy Batt that is so beautiful. You were right in assuming that I would appreciate it. I can not wait to start spinning on it! :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:
And the socks. You are the most talented knitter! These sock are by far the nicest socks that I own. Absolutely beautiful! I put them on the second I opened the box. :teehee:

Thanks Pal!!!

feminine_earth
02-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Wow! Those socks are gorgeous!! :inlove:

dreadfull
02-13-2007, 05:46 PM

GORGEOUS!!!!

those socks are lovely! I also really like the Babs! it looks sooo soft!

jberry16
02-13-2007, 05:52 PM
very pretty, love the blue and green!

CarmenIbanez
02-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Great socks.

Leah22b
02-13-2007, 06:27 PM
:oops: You do not know how hard it was not to snick those socks when I saw them done.... and that miss babs spinns up so nice and pretty... I'm turning green :mrgreen:

Enjoy!

AmandaC
02-13-2007, 07:33 PM
I finished my socks :cheering: so they will be posted on Valentine's Day ... sorry pal that you won't receive for probably another week seeing as they have quite a distance to travel .. but then the postal service could surprise us! :shrug:

KellyK
02-13-2007, 07:45 PM
OMG those are GAWGEOUS!!!! What's that pattern?!?!?!

knitknut
02-13-2007, 08:11 PM
Even though I didn't sign up for this swap, I have enjoyed reading all about y'alls socks. Each pair is more beautiful than the next. Anyway, you have inspired me to knit a pair of Valentine socks for a dear friend that I haven't seen in a couple of years and send them to her as a surprise. Here they are -

jberry16
02-13-2007, 08:18 PM
Even though I didn't sign up for this swap, I have enjoyed reading all about y'alls socks. Each pair is more beautiful than the next. Anyway, you have inspired me to knit a pair of Valentine socks for a dear friend that I haven't seen in a couple of years and send them to her as a surprise. Here they are -
what a cool idea, I just knit a pair of baby socks for my cousins baby, due in June, and I'll mail them out Thurs. again, complete surprise.

jcmom
02-13-2007, 10:37 PM
More beautiful socks. Quite impressive.
Leah, you're not the only one who hasn't heard from your pal. I haven't either. :tap:
The anticipation is getting to me, but I'm sure they'll be worth the wait.

want2knit
02-14-2007, 01:48 AM
OMG those are GAWGEOUS!!!! What's that pattern?!?!?!

Yes, Liliyarn, please tell us the pattern and what yarn you used. They are really nice!!

Liliyarn
02-14-2007, 03:00 AM
MintDee -

They fit good? That is my main concern :teehee: Your feet make the socks look so lovely.

The goodies...well...I ran around screaming...what do I put in the package? I dunno what to get....where do I shop?

I wasn't impressed with my goodies. I read your blog and tried to find something you'd like....in one entry you admitted addiction to fiber, so I gave my favorite spin.

I'm not very creative, so it was the best I could come up with at the time.

I do hope you like the socks. It was fun to be your swap pal and I'd be honored to have you as a swap pal again(Angelia - there may be Malabrigo in it for you if you rig the next swap).

The pattern is just SockBug's River Rapid Socks (http://sockbug.blog-city.com/) using Miss Babs super soft sock yarn (http://www.missbabs.com/store.php?cat=21) in Forest Afternoon. I have my own skein that I'm using for the Pomawhatever socks. I admit giving up Miss Babs was difficult so I ordered a replacement skein... :rofl:

This has been the best swap and I haven't even gotten my socks yet...and it doesn't matter cause I've had so much fun!

Now it's time to wait for my socks... :pout:

KellyK
02-14-2007, 03:20 AM
I think I just may use that pattern for the Cherry Tree Hill that's been sitting in my stash wanting to BE SUMBUDDY! :cheering:

Lieke
02-14-2007, 03:52 AM
:hug: :heart: Happy valentines day everyone :heart: :hug:

(my socks are taking their time. they still haven't arrived yet (I assume, I haven't seen my sock pal posting she has them), althought the TNT promised me they would be there in a week :verysad: , sorry pal, I've done all I can)

cara
02-14-2007, 08:47 AM
My pal sent me a note through Angelia that my socks will be a bit late..

That is okay with me Pal!!! I know you are putting lots of TLC into them!!!

Happy VD

( :teehee: :teehee: )

horve1
02-14-2007, 09:36 AM
Dilly - Wow! Here I am on the snowiest day of the year here in NE PA keeping myself so comfy and warm in the PERFECT SOCKS! and nibbling on delicious treats. You did an amazing job - they fit just right, the stitch is perfect and shows off the yarn so well - and the colors... I couldn't have found a better yarn if I had searched for years. Thank you!!!!!!! You are a great Swapper! (Is the star meant as a stitch marker, 'cause that's what I plan to use it for. It's pretty!)

feminine_earth
02-14-2007, 09:45 AM
:hug: :heart: Happy valentines day everyone :heart: :hug:

(my socks are taking their time. they still haven't arrived yet (I assume, I haven't seen my sock pal posting she has them), althought the TNT promised me they would be there in a week :verysad: , sorry pal, I've done all I can)
Lieke, if you are my partner *wink wink* :teehee: , I totally don't mind that the socks aren't here yet. It's ok! Sometimes my post office takes a long time to get things to me. As soon as they get here, I'll take pictures of them on my fat-toed feet and post them on here for everyone to see! :happydance:

Happy Valentine's Day!! :hug:

P.S. Thank you for the e-card!! It was a lovely surprise!! :)

Dilly
02-14-2007, 09:49 AM
:aww: I'm glad you like the socks and that they fit! The star was just a trinket that was on the little box of chocolate, but using it as a Stitch Marker is an excellent idea!

Angelia
02-14-2007, 10:00 AM
Preeeeeeeeeety sockies, everyone!! :inlove:

I love the star on that chocolate...am I the only one who'd buy lots of that chocolate just to have a set of stitchmarkers? (And, um, lots of chocolate :shifty:)

Yarngineer
02-14-2007, 10:09 AM
Happy Valentine's Day Everyone!

:hug: :muah: :hug: :muah: :hug:

mintdee
02-14-2007, 10:14 AM
Ohhhh Ang I would totally do that!
:hug:
Miss Lilly the socks fit beautifully! And getting your socks made me realize why the ones i was trying to knit were so awful. The needles were too small. So the fabric was too tight and really hard to knit. So I went 'a froggin' last night and am doing it right. I feel so much better about them now.

Also I got a lavender sachet and this beautiful card that she made. (Sorry I forgot to mention before I was just overly excited) I love everything that was put in the box. My poor dh had to look at everything so many times :teehee:

knitqueen
02-14-2007, 11:25 AM
Everyone's socks are beautiful!! :cheering: :cheering:

And I think it's about time that the Oatmeal Fudge Bar recipe be SHARED so everyone can enjoy! :teehee:

Yarngineer
02-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Yes! Please share the recipe. My dh would love it.

KellyK
02-14-2007, 11:49 AM
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!!

I hope my pal comes out of hiding soon... :pout:

earthchick
02-14-2007, 12:19 PM
Happy Valentine's Day everyone! :muah:

All the socks are sooooo beautiful. I finally finished mine this morning and they will go in the mail today. I'll post pics once I'm home. I hope my sockie pal likes them!

sara_jayne
02-14-2007, 12:27 PM
:teehee: I've started something evil by sharing these Oatmeal Fudge Bars (or OFBs as we call them) with everyone. They are quite addicting. I'm quite lazy about typing, but here is the recipie for the bars! (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=10376&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=1860)

If you don't want to use the shortening I would imagine that any oatmeal cookie recipie (leave out any raisins, nuts or chocolate chips though) would work fine for this. The recipie is from an old school cookbook - I'm just glad it doesn't call for lard! :teehee:

Everyone's socks look so wonderful! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Leah22b
02-14-2007, 12:39 PM
I ended up blocking my socks... my first attempt at blocking. It worked pretty well and fixed my few small problem areas.

I've sent everything out to you pal and hopefully you should receive then very soon!

ENJOY! :muah: :hug: :muah:

allegra918
02-14-2007, 02:48 PM
HAPPY :heart: DAY EVERYONE!!!!

All the packages look so wonderful! I do hope my pal has patience, because I probably won't be able to send my package out until early next week :pout:

I am SOOOOOOOOOO pukey it's not even funny.

But I will SO make the package worthwhile!!

Angelia
02-14-2007, 04:03 PM
:hug: :heart: :hug: Allegra!! Don't stress yourself--that's the last thing you need!

allegra918
02-14-2007, 04:06 PM
:muah: Thank you Angelia! Very often my dilemna of the day is "do I do anything productive? or do I pass out on the couch?"

The couch always wins.

cheesiesmom
02-14-2007, 04:37 PM
I sent my package out on Monday priority hoping it would arrive today, but it probably won't.

Looking at all the nice little surprises you've included for your swap partners, l feel like such a crumb-bum that I wasn't able to get more creative. Not much you can do when you're relegated to shopping at Rite-Aid.

Hopefully the socks will arrive soon and they fit. (I still have to send her the extra yarn I have from the socks, just in case.)

:wall:

AmandaC
02-14-2007, 05:08 PM
I sent my package out today ....

AND the postman delivered a HUMUNGOUS chocolate heart to me with a valentines card :muah: Thank you Laura :heart: Good post timing!!! :teehee:

HAPPY SOCKINTINE'S DAY everyone

Leah22b
02-14-2007, 05:10 PM
HAPPY :heart: DAY EVERYONE!!!!

All the packages look so wonderful! I do hope my pal has patience, because I probably won't be able to send my package out until early next week :pout:

I am SOOOOOOOOOO pukey it's not even funny.

But I will SO make the package worthwhile!!

:muah: :hug: :muah: Hope you feel better!

allegra918
02-14-2007, 05:49 PM
Thanks Leah!! :muah:

mwedzi
02-14-2007, 06:15 PM
To my partner *clearing throat*

I thought I should stop in, dear partner, to say
For you not to fear on this Sockintine's Day
It looks like I'll finish your socks, yes, today
And by tomorrow they should be well on their way
And if all things go right on your porch Saturday
And when they arrive, post a pic here and display
The Socks on the feet of my partner, _____

Friskums
02-14-2007, 06:27 PM

KellyK?!

:teehee: :teehee:

Cute poem.

knottydaisy
02-14-2007, 08:10 PM
I'm probably the worst partner on the planet but I will say that my partner will not be disappointed, it's going to be hard to let these babies go. Luckily for my partner I have big feet :)

Hang in there cuz these socks ROCK!

jrsas
02-14-2007, 09:15 PM
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!!!

All the posted socks are wonderful

:thumbsup: :heart: :muah:

KellyK
02-14-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm probably the worst partner on the planet but I will say that my partner will not be disappointed, it's going to be hard to let these babies go.

Well, if you are knitting those Bayeriche Socks (http://www.eunnyjang.com/knit/2006/09/bayerische_sock_part_ii.html) that you mentioned once before, there's NO WAY your partner will be disappointed!!!! That pattern is A-FRIGGIN-MAZING!!! :passedout:

Angelia
02-15-2007, 12:55 AM
That pattern is so...so....:thud:

JLC
02-15-2007, 09:21 AM
I finished my partner's socks! :happydance:

I will take a pic tonight before I wash them. Then they will be on their way! I'm so relieved to be finished with them. They are a teeny bit small on me, so they should fit my partner perfectly (I hope).

jberry16
02-15-2007, 11:15 AM
I love the Bayeriche Socks (http://www.eunnyjang.com/knit/2006/09/bayerische_sock_part_ii.html) they're so amazing!!! :notworthy: to whoever tackles those!

Shandeh
02-15-2007, 01:06 PM

Shandeh? :pray:

Leah22b
02-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Mwedzi: That was sooooooo cute..... Good luck and don't sweat it life tends to get in the way sometimes.

Now that my pal has received her socks I can let the cat out... :teehee: Jessica I hope they fit and keep your feet nice and warm on the cold class days! Enjoy

To my pal who is makeing my socks... Thanks for the update... take your time and enjoy the process because their is no point in knitting if its not enjoyable! :teehee: :muah: I will wait :nails: :tap: :teehee: with baited breath, as I know they will be beautiful. They can't help but be from any of the people on here! :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Shandeh
02-15-2007, 02:29 PM
I sent my partner's socks out on Monday, so hopefully she'll be posting about it soon! :pray: (I actually had Marvin mail them for me.)

She never posts in here, so I'm hoping this will light a fire under her to post a message. :teehee:

I did get ONE taunt from the person making my socks, but that was a long time ago. I hope things are going well for you! :heart:

Friskums
02-15-2007, 02:40 PM
I'm assuming my pal got the socks I sent. :shrug:

I mailed them out Feb 2nd. She only has a few posts on the forum, and those she was selling things, so I don't even know if she comes in here. I sent her an email too, so, at least if she didn't get them, she knows it wasn't because I didn't send them. :pray:

jolenel
02-15-2007, 09:42 PM
Just checking in here...everyone's socks look great!

I haven't received socks nor heard from my partner since December, so I'm sure she's taking the time to make me the bestest socks ever. No rush at all! :teehee:

I'm hoping my recipient gets her socks soon with all the weather shipping delays around the country!

earthchick
02-15-2007, 11:12 PM
My partner should be receiving these tomorrow, or at the very latest on Saturday. I hope you like them, sock pallie! :muah:

KellyK
02-16-2007, 02:45 AM
PREEEEEEEEEEEEEETY!!

dreadfull
02-16-2007, 02:53 AM
*GASP*!!!!!

Earthchick those are SPECTACULAR!!!!

i LOOOOVe vintage socks. amazing. they are beautiful! :muah: :muah:

Yarngineer
02-16-2007, 09:54 AM
EC, those are really beautiful.

I keep dutifully checking my PO Box, but no such luck.

Boohooooooo! :verysad:

It is not that I am sad waiting, but it just sucks when you get your anticipation all built up and there is nothing. I am doing another exchange with a lady in England too. Plus a sock club. You would think I would eventually just get one of those packages this week?

Poor little me. Ha! :pout: :teehee:

Leah22b
02-16-2007, 10:42 AM
My partner should be receiving these tomorrow, or at the very latest on Saturday. I hope you like them, sock pallie! :muah:

Those are really pretty... nice job! :notworthy: :notworthy:

Leah22b
02-16-2007, 10:46 AM
EC, those are really beautiful.

I keep dutifully checking my PO Box, but no such luck.

Boohooooooo! :verysad:

It is not that I am sad waiting, but it just sucks when you get your anticipation all built up and there is nothing. I am doing another exchange with a lady in England too. Plus a sock club. You would think I would eventually just get one of those packages this week?

Poor little me. Ha! :pout: :teehee:

:hug: We can wait together :muah: :teehee:

Julie
02-16-2007, 11:22 AM
I am starting to worry about my socks :pout:

I sent them a week ago and they should have arrived on Valentine's Day, or the day after :verysad:

Stacey, those are faaaabulous :inlove:

Leah22b
02-16-2007, 11:33 AM

I sent them a week ago and they should have arrived on Valentine's Day, or the day after :verysad:

Stacey, those are faaaabulous :inlove:

:thinking: Maybe they were delayed due to weather? Maybe have Angelica or someone send your pal an email to see if they have received them? :shrug:

I hope everything is ok with them.

Shandeh
02-16-2007, 11:38 AM
Maybe we've just overloaded the postal service with all these packages! :teehee:

jolenel
02-16-2007, 12:51 PM
Maybe we've just overloaded the postal service with all these packages! :teehee:

You know, when I was sending out the socks I made, the woman in front of me at the post office was also sending socks to someone! :rofl: I really doubt they were handknit though...I suspect it was a college care package! Plus when the postal worker asked if she wanted insurance, she said, "Nah, the insurance probably costs more than the socks." That would NOT be her response if she'd made them herself!

Liliyarn
02-16-2007, 01:12 PM

The man at the PO said "4 days." Well it took my socks about a week with no bad weather to reach the destination.

For those who haven't sent socks yet: I spent a few cents more for the tracking option on my package. That way, I'd know when they were delivered. It was worth it for me. I could just see a mailman opening the package and slipping on the socks...

monzogary
02-16-2007, 02:40 PM
OOOOOOHH I got a package today! Shandeh was my swap pal and her goodies are wonderful! I got the River Rapids socks made with Wildfoote yarn, a Godiva chocolate bar, a cute little note card, a vintage sock pattern book and a pretty necklace. I put the socks on right away and am keeping them on. I was just telling my oldest daughter this morning that my feet were cold, because all my knitted socks are in the wash pile! They feel wonderful! Thank you so much Sandy!!!!!! :heart:

KellyK
02-16-2007, 02:49 PM
VERRRRY pretty!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Leah22b
02-16-2007, 02:52 PM
Oh how pretty.. and they look like they fit sooooooo well. :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:

Shendeh did you make the Necklace? Its really pretty.

Liliyarn
02-16-2007, 02:52 PM
monzogary -
Nice gusset :eyebrow:

Julie
02-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Those look sooooo cozy :inlove:

Andrea
02-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Prettttttty!

My socks are clean, so I'll take a picture of them soon :teehee:

feminine_earth
02-16-2007, 07:38 PM
My socks! My socks!!! I got my socks!!!!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot:

I'm wearing them right now! They are soft and comfortable, and they fit my feet perfectly!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/jelti/mylovelytoesocks.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/jelti/sideviewtoesocks.jpg

My partner, Lieke, also sent me some dutch waffle cookies (oh my goodness, they are so yummy! She sent me two of them, but there's only one in the picture below because I ate the other one! :teehee: ) and some adorable stitch markers!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/jelti/swapsockspackage.jpg

Lieke, thank you so so so much!! :hug: :heart: :hug: This has been the best Valentine's ever! I'm so glad to have you as my partner! :D

amy
02-16-2007, 09:10 PM
OMG, I'm enjoying this thread so much. Look at all the amazing socks you all made! And these lovely, thoughtful packages. What fun!!! Angelia, way to go, this was such a fantastic idea.

Every pair of socks is so unique and wonderful! :inlove:

Nikki, how AWESOME is your heel with the KH knit in?! :lol: LOVE it!!! :cheering:

KellyK
02-16-2007, 09:24 PM
OMG, EC... those toesies are HYSTERICAL!!! :roflhard: :cheering: :roflhard:

*KnitPixie*
02-16-2007, 10:41 PM
I got my socks :woohoo: Oh my god they are simply gorgeous and the colorway... to die for :heart: I love them so much thank you Jolene
I even got some goodies along with my socks. The rest of the yarn, (hmmm..what can I make) and some yummy chocolates in a cute little knitted bag, I cant show the chocolates that were in there since me and the fiance ate them all :teehee: Come on I know you all are seeing the :biting: teehee
THANKS PAL!

KellyK
02-16-2007, 11:03 PM
SOOOOOOOO pretty!!!

Its becoming more and more DIFFICULT to wait for my sockkies!!!! Im DYIN to know who my partner has been!!! :hair: :wall:

Nan101
02-16-2007, 11:04 PM
I got my beautiful socks today. :happydance: My sock partner was Cheesiesmom and she did a fantastic job of knitting them. They are so pretty and fit perfectly. She also sent some chocolate...but thats gone :teehee: I would post a pic but regretfully I'm totally computer stupid when it comes to things like that :wall:

To my sock pal, your package is going out tomorrow. We are supposed to get a couple inches of snow overnight but you have waited long enough and come ice or snow, they are heading your way :muah:

Lieke
02-17-2007, 12:46 AM
My socks! My socks!!! I got my socks!!!!!!!! :woot: :woot: :woot:

I'm wearing them right now! They are soft and comfortable, and they fit my feet perfectly!

I'm glad they arrived. I started to worry a bit. And I'm absolutely glad they fit and you like them. This was the first time I knitted for someone else. Hope you'll enjoy wearing your socks as much as I enjoyed knitting them. :hug:

Shandeh
02-17-2007, 01:17 AM
Yay!!! I'm so glad you like your socks, Monzogary!!! :muah:

I wasn't sure if you liked pink. And I was SOOOO nervous that the socks would not fit. I didn't want to put them on my feet, because I wanted them to be COMPLETELY NEW for you! :heart: They FIT! :cheering:

I really loved knitting with that sock yarn - it felt divine in my hands. I hope it feels as good on your feet. I've heard that the Wildfoote sock yarn gets softer when you wash it.

Oh how pretty.. and they look like they fit sooooooo well. :happydance: :cheering: :happydance:
Shendeh did you make the Necklace? Its really pretty.
Thanks Leah! I didn't make the necklace. I bought it from a lady at my church, who makes them. I'll tell her that you complimented her art. :)

Liliyarn
02-17-2007, 03:44 AM
Ooooooh I love this swap! I still get to be snikky and catch my sock partner talking about socks meant for me in another thread.....

:whistle:

You are soooooo busted...... :teehee: :hug:

five_six
02-17-2007, 05:33 AM
ooohhh, you snikky snikky girl. I believe I saw that thread too, but who's socks are yours!!! I bet you feel a little relieved knowing you are still going to be a recipient of some socks, and that your partner, whoever they may be, hasn't fallen off the face of the earth!!

You have been reassured! :teehee:

earthchick
02-17-2007, 10:08 AM
Everyone's socks are SOOOOOO gorgeous! :heart: :heart:

And thank you for also for all the sweet comments about the socks I made. :muah: In addition to stalking the mailman to see if my sock package has arrived, I am also stalking this thread to see if my sock pal has received my package....

Angelia
02-17-2007, 10:19 AM
Ahhh, stalking!! :inlove: My pal said my socks are on their way...maybe they'll arrive today! Woo hoo!!

Andrea
02-17-2007, 11:44 AM
I mailed my socks to my pretttttttttttttttty partner yesterday!!! So I hope they arrive Tuesday (with my birthday on Monday being a real holiday this year!! I've been telling people all this time that it IS a national holiday! :teehee: )

I hope you like them pal!! :heart: You should be able to smell the contents before you open it :wink:

Liliyarn
02-17-2007, 11:58 AM
I never once thought my partner had forgotten me. She seems to be a very kind and generous person.

And time for a little happy dance.... :happydance:
My socks are on their way...my socks are on their way....

:blooby:

all the way from Aussie.....so it will take a little longer.... :pout:

but totally worth every minute of the wait!

jcmom
02-17-2007, 12:16 PM
This may actually be a how to question, but with all the sock knitters here I figured you're the people to ask.
I just finished my first pair of socks using sock wt. yarn and sz. 2 dpn's. I really had fun making them and I'm now wondering.............from your experience, what's the best way to make the heel so it lasts longer and what do you do when your socks start to wear thin? Darn the hole with hopes it will last a bit longer?
I almost don't want to wear them because I'm afraid they'll wear out too fast.
Thanks for suggestions.

*KnitPixie*
02-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Im getting worried I shipped my partners socks about Feb 7th and as far as I know she didn't get them yet :verysad: It was suppossed to take 4-6 days

want2knit
02-17-2007, 01:40 PM
No socks for me yet :pout: I bet they're going to be great though when I do get them! In the meantime, I just ordered some more sock yarn with my birthday money :teehee:

Lieke
02-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Im getting worried I shipped my partners socks about Feb 7th and as far as I know she didn't get them yet :verysad: It was suppossed to take 4-6 days

Don't worry, the've just arrived. It couldn't be a better timing, because I had a really hectical day at work today. I totally love your socks, thanks a lot. I've put them on right away and won't take them off today. (ok, only to take a bath) Thanks knitpixie, I really love your socks and the goodies you've send me :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

For everyone else, this is what I received and made my day good again:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Liekevangenesen/ontvangenswapsokken.jpg
The socks on my footsies. As you can see, they are a perfect fit. They are nice and warm, just what I needed :happydance:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y21/Liekevangenesen/swapgoodies.jpg
The goodies. I've got a knitting journal, which I'm definitely gonna use, because now I keep track of everything in a to small booklet, some scented lipbalm, handmade stitchmarkers and a card.

Aimée, thanks again, I love the socks :hug:

earthchick
02-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Love the orange socks! :heart:

Okay, peeps, here's what a total nerd I am. I am in the process of creating a little database of sock pal matchups for myself. I went back to the original list of participants and am now working my way through the posts to see who has received their socks and from whom, so I can mark them in my little database and narrow down to see who might have whom (and, in particular, who might have me!). Am I a dork or what?

[anything to kill time while I stalk this thread and the mailbox...] :teehee:

Stiney
02-17-2007, 02:07 PM

Okay, peeps, here's what a total nerd I am. I am in the process of creating a little database of sock pal matchups for myself. I went back to the original list of participants and am now working my way through the posts to see who has received their socks and from whom, so I can mark them in my little database and narrow down to see who might have whom (and, in particular, who might have me!). Am I a dork or what?

[anything to kill time while I stalk this thread and the mailbox...] :teehee:

:shifty:

I haven't been doing this for over a week. I swear.

:shifty:

Lieke
02-17-2007, 02:29 PM

they are red, but it's already evening here, so I didn't have the right light. I know they look orange, but they are really red. :oops:

Liliyarn
02-17-2007, 03:42 PM
earthchick & cawthraven -

Very geeky snikky :teehee:

and I don't do anything to help my socks last longer. Sometimes I may knit the sole and heel on smaller needles, but that's it. I have yet to need to darn.

My solution is to keep knitting socks so when one eventually does wear out, then I have a replacement. Also, the more handknit socks I have the bigger the sock rotation potential. So, they get less wear.

It is the sad life of a sock....it will eventually wear out, especially the really soft ones....

SandraEllen
02-17-2007, 06:15 PM
I sent my socks out earlier this week, but I don't think my pal has gotten them yet. :verysad:

dreadfull
02-17-2007, 08:16 PM
oh yeah, i definetly have a word document with everyone's name in the swap. anytime anyone gets a sock i highlight the sender in purple. If anyone says something that leads me to believe that they are not my pal (but i don't know for sure) i highlight their name in blue. and if they say something that makes me think that they are my pal, i highlight them in yellow.
and then there are people who never post. so there's a few complete mysteries.
my sock swap receiver hasn't posted on here since the very beginning, but when she gets her socks I hope she lets me know!

-Lianne

*KnitPixie*
02-17-2007, 08:19 PM
Don't worry, the've just arrived. It couldn't be a better timing, because I had a really hectical day at work today. I totally love your socks, thanks a lot. I've put them on right away and won't take them off today. (ok, only to take a bath) Thanks knitpixie, I really love your socks and the goodies you've send me :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Oh thank God :cheering: I am so glad you like them Lieke :hug: I was so worried because I never knit socks before and I couldn't figure out how to do the short row heel :verysad:

Vendie
02-17-2007, 08:49 PM
These will be going out to my pal on Monday (I think I said that last weekend :oops: )....They're blocking at the moment.

Stiney
02-17-2007, 08:58 PM
Mine's a Google Spreadsheet so I can update it from work or home. :teehee:

:!!!: ing post office! My wonderful sqap partner paid extra for tracking, and it says that my socks have been "accepted" in Michigan, on the 13th, and hasn't updated since then! :!!!:

cheesiesmom
02-17-2007, 09:17 PM
earthchick & cawthraven

Maybe I shouldn't say, but neither of you are my swap partner.

Julie
02-17-2007, 09:18 PM
I didn't have either of you, either :teehee:

Stiney
02-17-2007, 09:23 PM
Cheesiesmom, Julie, I already had that marked down. :teehee:

five_six
02-17-2007, 09:41 PM
well seeing as how i can officially post the socks i received, here is a pic of Horve1's socks:

five_six
02-17-2007, 09:44 PM
oh, and when i received them my daughter immediately confiscated them, so I just have to post a pic of her modelling them as well, mind the partial nudity :teehee: this is the one she is most 'decent' in....

horve1
02-17-2007, 10:23 PM
Dee - she is sooooooooo darling! I wish I had thought to knit a mini-pair for her! :hug:

KellyK
02-18-2007, 12:00 AM
:heart: :heart: :heart: SHE'S SOOO CAYOOOT! :heart: :heart: :heart:

But.. um... where's the PARTIAL in that nudity?? :teehee:

Stiney
02-18-2007, 12:15 AM
:heart: :heart: :heart: SHE'S SOOO CAYOOOT! :heart: :heart: :heart:

But.. um... where's the PARTIAL in that nudity?? :teehee:

The part where you can't see her butt or anything else inappropriate. :teehee:

Beautiful!! :muah:

Kid's cute, too. :rofl:

Secksiebrat
02-18-2007, 12:35 AM
My mom (jbird05) and I will have our socks in the mail on Tuesday (Monday being a holiday) for our secret pal, so have no fear they aren't lost, just fashionably late :). We are a bit behind, we apologize but the last 2/3 weeks have been VERY busy, more so than we expected.

I will post pictures of our socks that our secret pals have knitted tomorrow. They are just beautiful!

~danielle~

Julie
02-18-2007, 01:08 AM
Cawthraven...does your spreadsheet say perhaps that Vendie has meeeeee?? :eyebrow:

Lieke
02-18-2007, 04:18 AM

Oh thank God :cheering: I am so glad you like them Lieke :hug: I was so worried because I never knit socks before and I couldn't figure out how to do the short row heel :verysad:

Well, I don't know what you did to your heel, but they are really comfortable. I really need to lean that. What did you do? If I knit with yarn this thick, I definitely feel where I picked up the stitches, but with your socks not at all. I really love them and I'm never gonna take them off again. (ok, just quickly to wash them)

Angelia
02-18-2007, 09:10 AM
OMG, I can't believe a couple of you are keeping track of who has socks and by whom!!

I love it!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

*wonders if, as the swap organizer, she should have done that herself* :pout:

Stiney
02-18-2007, 10:43 AM
Cawthraven...does your spreadsheet say perhaps that Vendie has meeeeee?? :eyebrow:

Sources say: Not enough information. :teehee:

Angelia, I don't think you needed to keep track. I'm just doing it cause I was trying to figure out who was knitting for me. :teehee: I think I figured it out, but I'm just waiting for the post office to send them.