PDA

View Full Version : Sockintine Sock Swap!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

Vendie
02-18-2007, 11:35 AM
Cawthraven...does your spreadsheet say perhaps that Vendie has meeeeee?? :eyebrow:

Sources say: Not enough information. :teehee:

:teehee:

Here are some hints...

I knit socks for someone who:

-> lives north of me
-> has bigger footsies than me
-> is friends with someone here in real life

:whistle:

allegra918
02-18-2007, 11:40 AM
Wendie that could be like SO many people!!!! :hair:

the socks look awesome by the way!

Julie
02-18-2007, 11:56 AM
:verysad:

mwedzi
02-18-2007, 01:19 PM
:heart: :heart: :heart: SHE'S SOOO CAYOOOT! :heart: :heart: :heart:

But.. um... where's the PARTIAL in that nudity?? :teehee:

She is wearing socks. :roll: That pic is so funny. They fit her whole leg! And that is a really interesting stitch. I haven't seen it before. Very cool.

Partner, your socks were sent Priority Mail on Friday. I really hope you get them tomorrow.

Vendie
02-18-2007, 03:31 PM
Wendie that could be like SO many people!!!! :hair:

the socks look awesome by the way!

Too vague??? :teehee:

I'm still hoping to get them in the mail tomorrow. I decided to block them at the last minute, just to work out any fur that I might have accidentally knit in. I have a horrible feeling that one of the socks grew, even though it's a superwash wool. And that adds to the nagging feeling that I might have made them too big! :help: Pal, I'm sending along the rest of the yarn too, so you can make adjustments if necessary.

dreadfull
02-18-2007, 03:50 PM
not too vague.
you were already in suspician as not being my partner (booo)
but that settles it, you are officially highlighted in purple: the official not my partner colour!!!!!!
:pout: :pout: :pout:

of course, now knowing that we are keeping track of this, you could be just sayign this to throw us off!!!! tricksy tricksy!!!!

I've got it REALLY narrowed down: only about 6 or 7 possibilities.

Yarngineer
02-18-2007, 05:19 PM
I received my socks from my pal on Saturday!!!! Sorry, Earthchick, I did not post yesterday, but I was totally exhausted. I did not even go to my knitting group last night, I was so tired. I did manage to remember to go by the post office!

:muah: :muah: :happydance: :cheering: :notworthy: :cheering: :happydance:

I posted pictures on my blog since I am not sure how to do that here. They are perfectly lovely socks, in Furman purple. Thank you so much! I am wearing them today.

http://yarngineer.blogspot.com/

http://bp0.blogger.com/_s0obBJFAaFw/Rdi_NRtd0OI/AAAAAAAAAJM/C1p6g9pS5Ew/s320/sockentine_2007+socks.JPG

CarmenIbanez
02-18-2007, 05:29 PM
:heart: :heart: :heart: SHE'S SOOO CAYOOOT! :heart: :heart: :heart:

But.. um... where's the PARTIAL in that nudity?? :teehee:

She is wearing socks. :roll: That pic is so funny. They fit her whole leg! And that is a really interesting stitch. I haven't seen it before. Very cool.

Partner, your socks were sent Priority Mail on Friday. I really hope you get them tomorrow.

Hey, I say, run around naked and get your picture taken while people still want to see it!

KellyK
02-18-2007, 05:33 PM
I TOTALLY agree, Andee! And, for me... that pretty much limits me to at home with my dogs. Im not saying they APPRECIATE it, per se, but they dont seem to mind. :shrug:

Yarni... click "edit" on your post above and see what I did. :thumbsup:

Those sockkies look GREAT, EC!! :notworthy:

Yarngineer
02-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Wow! Thanks for doing that! I came back to the website before reading your post and thought "how in the heck did I do that?" Ha!

I am going to have to figure it out. It probably involves taking smaller pics or editing to smaller sizes. I need a decent photoediting software though.

KellyK
02-18-2007, 05:45 PM
After you post pics in your blog, you can right-click on THAT pic and choose "properties". Copy the url string, insert it it the post and put [img] and /img (with brackets) on either side of the string. The pic will be the same size on KH as it appears in your blog.

Hope that helps! :hug:

Liliyarn
02-18-2007, 10:05 PM
Yarngineer -

If you make it to the knit meet ,bring 'em so we can all drool :drool:

Yarngineer
02-19-2007, 12:39 AM
Lili,

Don't worry, I will. I am feeling better now.

Yarngineer

jolenel
02-19-2007, 11:08 AM
I got my socks :woohoo: Oh my god they are simply gorgeous and the colorway... to die for :heart: I love them so much thank you Jolene
I even got some goodies along with my socks. The rest of the yarn, (hmmm..what can I make) and some yummy chocolates in a cute little knitted bag, I cant show the chocolates that were in there since me and the fiance ate them all :teehee: Come on I know you all are seeing the :biting: teehee
THANKS PAL!
Glad they got there safe and sound! :hug:

Leah22b
02-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Oh... all these socks are soooooo purdy! :mrgreen: I want them all... :twisted:

Happy Birthday Andrea....
Mine is tomorrow....woohoo

Hahahaha I've been keeping a spread sheet as well... We have our snicky snicky ways of trying to find out who has us... :teehee:

:muah: :hug:

cara
02-19-2007, 01:11 PM
I mailed my socks to my pretttttttttttttttty partner yesterday!!! So I hope they arrive Tuesday (with my birthday on Monday being a real holiday this year!! I've been telling people all this time that it IS a national holiday! :teehee: )

I hope you like them pal!! :heart: You should be able to smell the contents before you open it :wink:

It is mY birthday today too!!!

Happy Birthday to US!!!!! :present:

earthchick
02-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Happy Birthday Andrea and Cara! :muah:

And YAY :cheering: my sock pal got her socks! Yarngineer, I'm glad you like them! And they look like they fit! (your foot is like 1/8" shorter than mine) I really didn't intentionally make them Furman colors, but you know, maybe subconsciously I came up with that after seeing you live there (Yarngineer lives near my alma mater, which I just thought was so cool since no one up here has ever heard of Furman University).

I guess I'm not as much of a geek as I thought I was, with the spreadsheet (though mine isn't nearly as intricate as everyone else's!). I guess we're all just knitting knerds. :teehee:

mwedzi
02-19-2007, 01:34 PM
Andrea and Cara, happy birthday! :cheering: :balloons: :present:

Leah22b
02-19-2007, 03:20 PM
It is mY birthday today too!!!

Happy Birthday to US!!!!! :present:

Happy Birthday Cara!

dreadfull
02-19-2007, 03:25 PM
happy happy birthday (s)!!!!!!!!!!

:present: :clink: :balloons:

jolenel
02-19-2007, 04:16 PM
Happy birthday, Andrea & Cara! :balloons:

sara_jayne
02-19-2007, 05:05 PM
For someone who hasn't gotten their socks yet, here is the first sock of a pair to be mailed to you next week to tide you over until your pal can finish the "official" pair for you. :heart:

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/swapsock1.jpg

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/files/swapsock2.jpg

Leah22b
02-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Sara Jayne
Those are really pretty... what a beautiful job! Someone is going to be really Happy...

KellyK
02-19-2007, 06:11 PM
OOOhhh! What yarn is that, SJ?? Its so nice and FUZZY!

zip
02-19-2007, 06:15 PM
All your socks are so pretty!
I've been feeling self-pity
Joined KH too late
To participate
Please have another sockintine swap knitty.

:groan: sorry

thischicknits
02-19-2007, 10:34 PM
Got my socks and some chocolates and did I mention the socks? And some sweets, and Oh Yeah, the mostest BEAUTIFUL, SOFT, WONDERFULLY WARM, FITS ME PERFECTLY, LOVELY, I SQUEALED WHEN I SAW THEM SOCKS! And did I mention my SOCKS?

THANK YOU, MOST WONDERFUL PARTNER!!!!!!!

:heart: :cheering: :heart: :happydance: :heart: :muah: :heart: :hug: :heart: :happydance: :heart: :cheering: :heart: :muah: :heart: :happydance: :heart: :muah: :heart: :hug: :heart: :happydance: :heart: :cheering:

jhelanee
02-19-2007, 11:51 PM
Hi Margaret (thischickknits)-

So glad that you love your socks and that they fit! :cheering: (I worried about that). I was getting concerned about whether or not they had arrived since it had been almost two weeks since I sent them and they theoretically should have been there right when you were getting slammed with snow, so I am glad to hear that they arrived.

And now I am going to show them off so everyone can see:

thischicknits
02-20-2007, 12:24 AM
Thanks for showing them off for us - with the crazy snow then company in town, I hadn't had time to snap some brag pics! I got them on 2/13. You are a FANTASTICALLY WONDERFUL

thischicknits
02-20-2007, 12:24 AM
Thanks for showing them off for us - with the crazy snow then company in town, I hadn't had time to snap some brag pics! I got them on 2/13. You are a FANTASTICALLY WONDERFUL knitter!
:muah:

jhelanee
02-20-2007, 12:27 AM
Thanks for showing them off for us - with the crazy snow then company in town, I hadn't had time to snap some brag pics! I got them on 2/13. You are a FANTASTICALLY WONDERFUL knitter!

:aww: Glad to know they got there "on time."

KellyK
02-20-2007, 09:57 AM
OOOH! Those are PREEEEETY! Will I get to meet them in person on Wednesday, Margaret??? :cheering:

Leah22b
02-20-2007, 10:15 AM
Oh how purdy!

:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Angelia
02-20-2007, 10:43 AM
Beautiful!! :inlove:

And SJ, those socks are lovely!! I also want to know what yarn that is!!

sara_jayne
02-20-2007, 11:42 AM
Ang & Kelly - The yarn is Plymouth Yarn's Suri Merino (http://www.yarndex.com/yarn.cfm?yarn_id=2343) in color # 791.

It isn't a sock yarn, but it is a light worsted weight, so I was able to get guage for a DK weight sock. It is super soft. I hope it wears okay as a sock!

Shandeh
02-20-2007, 12:24 PM
All your socks are so pretty!
I've been feeling self-pity
Joined KH too late
To participate
Please have another sockintine swap knitty.

:groan: sorry
Ginger, you can make some socks for me if you want. I don't have any from my partner yet. :pout:

(SJ, are those for me?) :inlove:

mulene
02-20-2007, 01:41 PM
JULIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG OMG OMG :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah: :muah:

THANK YOU FOR THE GORGEOUS JAYWALKERS AND FABULOUS BAMBOO/MERINO FOR SPINNING

I am still recovering, and today the post arrived at my mums house (where I am staying) with a gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous package for me!

I'm SO excited they totally made my day =D Thank you soooo much. Photos will be done as soon as I can, meanwhile I am back to staying off the PC and working on recovering =D

THANK YOU MY FABULOUS SWAPPY PAL JULIE! =D :cheering: :cheering:

Edit: for my swap pal - I promise you will have socks made by my own fair hand as soon as I can. A Huge huge thank you to the pinch knitter who stepped in for me :heart:

Shandeh
02-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Yay!!! I got my socks from my sockintine's pal! :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/186/396657115_ad57ebe368.jpg
They are a GORGEOUS DARK BLUE - my absolute FAVORITE color for socks!!!

And guess what? :psst:

THEY HAVE KH ON THE HEELS!!!!
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/163/396657118_c4111ec919_m.jpg

THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOO MUCH, MWEDZI!!! :muah: :heart: :muah:

Here's the whole package, with my GORGEOUS socks, a sweet note, and some CHOCOLATE!!! (I think I need to go rent a "Chocolat" DVD again, and watch it while I eat this nice variety!)
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/180/396657122_97455c116c.jpg

I'm a happy girl! :woot: :woohoo:

Angelia
02-20-2007, 02:04 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Cool socks!!!

Shandeh
02-20-2007, 02:12 PM
I LOVE them! They are SOOOOOO soft, because of that gorgeous merino wool yarn. After posing for photos, I quickly took them off, lovingly caressed them, then carefully folded them to save in my sock drawer for special days. They are VERY nice. :heart: :heart: :heart:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/129/396657112_d86fafd1e2.jpg

AmandaC
02-20-2007, 02:13 PM
I got my socks today :cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

I have to go and make DS1 some pancakes before he drives me insane, then I will upload the photo.

Thank you Laura ... Hsiaokuo62....

Shandeh
02-20-2007, 02:20 PM
I think it's WAY COOL that I received my socks the same day as the United Kingdom members. I feel so BRITISH! :)

knitqueen
02-20-2007, 02:22 PM
I have to go and make DS1 some pancakes before he drives me insane, then I will upload the photo.

I heard somewhere else that it's pancake day in the UK. Is that true?? If so, I think that's SO coool! I grew up having pancakes for dinner on a regular basis - I do it with my own family now too, and my dh finally doesn't think it's weird. :teehee:

Still waiting on my socks -- I think they should be here soon, my buddy emailed that they were being mailed late last week. :happydance:

Everyone's socks are gorgeous!! :muah:

SandraEllen
02-20-2007, 02:30 PM
After looking at all the pretty socks, that's all I want to knit.

socks, socks, socks!!!!

:happydance:

Stiney
02-20-2007, 02:51 PM
My socks should be waiting for me at home! :cheering:

After being stuck at "Accepted for delivery in Garden City, MI" for a week, it finally updated to "Arrived at unit, Northvale, NJ!" :cheering: (It's says it arrived yesterday. :?? There was no mail yesterday for stooopid holiday.)

earthchick
02-20-2007, 02:51 PM
WOW! - love the gorgeous dark blue socks. Great job, Nikki! So yummy.

Speaking of yummy, we are doing pancakes for dinner at our house, too, for Shrove Tuesday/Fat Tuesday/Mardi Gras/whatever you want to call it. Also, where I live in Michigan, it's traditional on Fat Tuesday to have Paczki - Polish jelly-filled doughnuts. So I started the day with doughnuts and will end it with pancakes. Fat Tuesday indeed! :teehee:

Shandeh
02-20-2007, 02:56 PM
To my partner *clearing throat*

I thought I should stop in, dear partner, to say
For you not to fear on this Sockintine's Day
It looks like I'll finish your socks, yes, today
And by tomorrow they should be well on their way
And if all things go right on your porch Saturday
And when they arrive, post a pic here and display
The Socks on the feet of my partner, _____

Shandeh? :pray:
I just realized.....I was RIGHT!!!! mwedzi WAS writing about me! :hug:

Julie
02-20-2007, 03:13 PM
:cheering: Glad they got there safely Mulene! I was beginning to get a little :tap: with the PO...but then again I knew you might have a hard time making it to the computer to post as well. Glad you are recovering well too! :D

Oh, and...I think that in my haste to get your package in the mail, I neglected to include the sock fiber info...they are 50% superwash merino, 50% tencel. What fabulous yarn to work with! I'd spun with merino/tencel before but I hadn't knit with it...it's so yummy!!

AmandaC
02-20-2007, 03:18 PM

I heard somewhere else that it's pancake day in the UK. Is that true?? If so, I think that's SO coool! I grew up having pancakes for dinner on a regular basis - I do it with my own family now too, and my dh finally doesn't think it's weird. :teehee:

Yep - it's Shrove Tuesday, I had forgotten but Cameron kindly reminded me. Fortunately they don't take long to make - flour, egg, milk& water .... then some lemon juice, sugar and grated dark chocolate YUM YUM YUM!

Usually if I am organised and remember we will have ice-cream to put in them but he was satisfied without.

Secksiebrat
02-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Here is a picture of my beautiful socks. My swap partner made me a pair of beautiful earrings. The charm is a ball of yarn with needles stick out of it. I can't get a good picture on my camera though :( I absoluately love my socks and my earrings. Thank you so very much!

My swap pattern used the sensational knitted socks book, the basketweave (I believe is the pattern). They are just beautiful. The same day I received my socks, I also received that book in the mail that I ordered. It was almost like christmas!

~danielle~

jbird05
02-20-2007, 03:27 PM
I received my socks a week and half ago (or so) but didn't have a camera to take pictures. My daughter (secksiebrat) came to visit and took pictures of my socks. They are beautiful. I have already worn them to work and gotten great compliments on them! Thanks again!

Joan

earthchick
02-20-2007, 03:51 PM
:happydance: :cheering: :mrgreen: :D :thumbsup: 8) :inlove: :balloons: :present: :blooby: :yay: :woot: :star: :sun: :woohoo: :woohoo: :sun: :star: :woot: :yay: :blooby: :present: :balloons: :inlove: 8) :thumbsup: :D :mrgreen: :happydance: :cheering: :heart: :heart: :heart: :muah: :hug:

Can you tell? I GOT MY SOCKS TODAY!! Thank you, Andrea!!! :muah: I love them!

I just got home from work, and there was the package in my mailbox - I could see it sticking out as soon as I pulled up to the house, but I had to wait for my babysitter to leave before I could open it. I put the socks on immediately - I :heart: them! And I'll be tearing into those chocolate mints as soon as I get off the computer. Thank you sooooo much! :muah:

I'll post pics later today. :cheering:

AmandaC
02-20-2007, 04:05 PM
Here are my socks ...

Thank you again....

JLC
02-20-2007, 04:10 PM
All your socks look so beautiful. I haven't gotten mine yet. :shrug:

mwedzi
02-20-2007, 04:30 PM
Yay! Sandy got her socks! And they fit! And she likes them! I'm so happy. :happydance: You know, after I wrote that poem, I realized I wasn't sure if "Shandeh" was pronounced like "shan-DAY" so it would rhyme. :teehee: I'm so happy you like them, Sandy. :muah:

Shandeh
02-20-2007, 04:50 PM
Poor JLC. :pout:

To brighten your day, I want to say THANK YOU for all the wonderful Wool-Ease yarn you sent to me for my charity knitting! You're a GEM!!
:hug: :heart: :hug:
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/145/396829723_49fbcf59b0.jpg

Shandeh
02-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Yay! Sandy got her socks! And they fit! And she likes them! I'm so happy. :happydance: You know, after I wrote that poem, I realized I wasn't sure if "Shandeh" was pronounced like "shan-DAY" so it would rhyme. :teehee: I'm so happy you like them, Sandy. :muah:
YES! Shandeh is pronounced SHAN-DAY. :teehee:
By the way, I love the poem. It's so cute. :heart:
I had NO IDEA you were my partner, though. I was asking if it was me just for fun. How cool is that?! :)

KnittyKitty
02-20-2007, 04:58 PM
I haven't gotten my socks yet either and no note from my pal either... :pout:

Shandeh
02-20-2007, 05:04 PM
:pout: :hug: :heart:

Leah22b
02-20-2007, 06:01 PM
Oh what beautiful socks.... You all did a wonderfull job...

I'm still waiting patiently and :hiding: stalking the mail carrier... I think she thinks its funny when I run out to see if she has anything for me :whoosh: ...lol :teehee:

five_six
02-20-2007, 06:27 PM
All these socks look fantastic! This has been so much fun.

I just wanted to update, that I have sent mine... mailed yesterday. I'm not sure how long before my lovely partner will get them, fingers crossed it's not a hugely long wait.

Stiney
02-20-2007, 06:30 PM

Sandra Ellen did her homework! The socks are gawgeous! They fit perfectly! AND she got me dark choccies and one of only two chocolate/mint combinations I like...Andes! :heart: I need to put them in the fridgetator but hide them from Butt-fink...hmmmm....

Here's the gawgeousness!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/174/396927921_710073ddb1.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/173/396927918_e7fcbc82ec.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/141/396927916_72f2885e69.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/149/396927915_02da1ef922.jpg

JLC
02-20-2007, 08:05 PM
Ooo! Lovely sockies!

Angelia, I do believe Barbados is North of you :teehee: (anywhere can be north if you put yer body right!) Simply GORGEOUS and such detail! I on the other hand am slightly ashamed of what I've sent. I really tried. They came out great sockwise but... anyways when you see them you'll know what happened. :verysad:

please don't stone me with sock yarn y'all when you see her sockies - that's why I'm not botherin' to post 'em

I haven't gotten a word from my sock pal and that's not a problem because I haven't contacted mine either. Poor thing must be wondering (like me) if she's even getting socks at all!

I got my socks today!!! My partner was KnittyKitty, and Lisa, I am in NO WAY disappointed with my socks. (I got an e-mail from KnittyKitty and she explained what had happened with the socks and offered to rip them and start over so they wouldn't have the spliced section and I told her to leave them as they are, that it makes them unique.) The color is a lot like the color I chose for the socks I made for my partner, and is definitely "me"! I also got a "coffee cake" candle that smells good enough to eat, and some face lotion for dry skin that I'm going to try tonight. I've had the socks on since I opened the package, they fit perfectly and I am touched that so much work and thought was put into them. They came out great and I love them. Honest. :hug: :muah:

Stiney
02-20-2007, 08:11 PM
OMG hippopotamus socks! :inlove:

Secksiebrat
02-20-2007, 08:23 PM
My partner's sock will go out in the morning. Hopefully they will make it there by Saturday if I send them priority. Sorry for the long wait, but I think they came out really nice for my first pair of finger weight socks. I've done one other pair before, but they were worsted weight! So I learned about with this pair :)

~danielle~

PS I think my mom will be sending her partner's out in the morning as well. She had problems grafting toes (these are her first real pair of socks, she's done slipper socks).

jrsas
02-20-2007, 08:24 PM
Beautiful, lovely socks...

:cheering: :happydance: :cheering: :happydance: :hug: :notworthy:

earthchick
02-20-2007, 08:29 PM
All the socks are so gorgeous! Including mine!

earthchick
02-20-2007, 08:30 PM
p.s. to Andrea - thank you for introducing me to a new (to me) yarn - I love it! Also, where did you get the pattern? (great short row heels, btw!)

SandraEllen
02-20-2007, 09:21 PM

Sandra Ellen did her homework! The socks are gawgeous! They fit perfectly! AND she got me dark choccies and one of only two chocolate/mint combinations I like...Andes! :heart: I need to put them in the fridgetator but hide them from Butt-fink...hmmmm....

Here's the gawgeousness!

:cheering: I'm glad they fit so well. I was scared when they got so much longer when I washed them. Maybe having a foot in them stretches them back out side to side and shortens the length. I wanted to put them back on to see if that would happen, but i had just washed them. :wall:

The Andes mints were pure luck though. I thought, "Andes mints. EVERYONE loves Andes mints..."

KnittyKitty
02-20-2007, 09:42 PM
JLC!! :muah: :muah: :muah:

I'm so glad you got the socks and that you liked them! I was so worried that they would be a huge disappointment but now reading how you are so pleased with them I feel much better and am happy that you are happy. Yay! :cheering:

Lisa

Stiney
02-20-2007, 09:58 PM
Andes mints remind me of my grandma. :heart:

I would've been okay with you trying them on one more time. I would've understood. :teehee: The colors are just sooooo pretty. :inlove:

dreadfull
02-20-2007, 10:34 PM
So many socks!!!! I am away for a day and here are a whole whack of gorgeous socks. great work ladies! they all look fantastic!
My list of potential sock partners is growning smaller and smaller!

mine are going out on friday. I'll include some extra goodies to amke up for the lateness

-Lianne

earthchick
02-20-2007, 10:49 PM
Hey y'all. I am sooo feeling the sock love right now. :heart: If you've never read Pablo Neruda's "Ode to My Socks," I put it on my blog today in honor of my gorgeous Sockintine Socks and my sweet Sock Pal. Check it out. (http://www.earthchicknits.blogspot.com/)

KellyK
02-21-2007, 02:25 AM
EC... those are RPM socks from Knitty.com. I got to see your socks SEVERAL times during the process, and I must say, Im JEALOUS!!

EVERYONE'S socks look SO yummy and SO comfy and SO pretty!!!

Liliyarn
02-21-2007, 03:32 AM
awwww....I'm lovely :flirt:

and wow...it must be sock delivery day.....They all look wonderful!

AmandaC
02-21-2007, 07:38 AM
EC... those are RPM socks from Knitty.com. I got to see your socks SEVERAL times during the process

I was just about to say the same thing!!! I got to see them being knitted! Fortunately for you, she didn't take our advice to leave her mistake - she only decreased on one side on one of the toes :doh: I/We told her that she should leave it and then the sock would be a definite left/right sock :teehee:

mwedzi
02-21-2007, 12:28 PM
Socks! I got socks! I'm totally :whoosh: because the UPS guy buzzed me to say I had a package and I was trying to think what it was. Then I opened it up and it was a box wrapped in red paper with hearts all over it. I thought it was from a boy! When I opened it, socks! And candy (Lindt truffles - "so not good for the 4 pack I'm hoping to have by summer", I say as I pop one in my mouth)! And a teddy bear! :happydance: Thank you sooooo much Nan101, you are such a great sock partner! I'm wearing them right now. I'm leaving for school and work in a bit, and I'm going to wear them out and show them to everybody.

Btw, what sock yarn is this?

KellyK
02-21-2007, 12:50 PM
What a GREAT package! That color will go with SO many things... especially jeans!

allegra918
02-21-2007, 01:30 PM
So I've been in this frenzy to get my socks finished and sent to my dear, ever-so-patient pal, and I forgot that I'D be getting a pair too!!! :cheering:

JLC THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE AMAZING SOCKS!!! I've been wearing them all morning!! Ah, Lorna's Laces!!!!! Incredible! My DH has the camera, so I can't upload my pics right now, but plan to later tonight and pics of the nice treats you added to the package!!

Amazing toes, too!!!! Love them!!! THANK YOU!!! :muah:

Stiney
02-21-2007, 01:43 PM
I'm wearing my socks right now. :heart:

Andrea
02-21-2007, 02:47 PM
:muah: I'm so glad you liked them, Stacey!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

And yes, they are RPMs from Knitty. They give you so many options in the pattern, I loved it! (heel flap vs. short row, etc)

:hug:

JLC
02-21-2007, 02:58 PM
So I've been in this frenzy to get my socks finished and sent to my dear, ever-so-patient pal, and I forgot that I'D be getting a pair too!!! :cheering:

JLC THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE AMAZING SOCKS!!! I've been wearing them all morning!! Ah, Lorna's Laces!!!!! Incredible! My DH has the camera, so I can't upload my pics right now, but plan to later tonight and pics of the nice treats you added to the package!!

Amazing toes, too!!!! Love them!!! THANK YOU!!! :muah:

I was hoping you'd get them today. So they fit ok? I'm glad you like them. :happydance:

AmandaC
02-21-2007, 03:04 PM
I wore my socks today - they fit in my shoes :cheering: :happydance: PERFECT!!!!

Nan101
02-21-2007, 04:29 PM
Socks! I got socks! I'm totally :whoosh: because the UPS guy buzzed me to say I had a package and I was trying to think what it was. Then I opened it up and it was a box wrapped in red paper with hearts all over it. I thought it was from a boy! When I opened it, socks! And candy (Lindt truffles - "so not good for the 4 pack I'm hoping to have by summer", I say as I pop one in my mouth)! And a teddy bear! :happydance: Thank you sooooo much Nan101, you are such a great sock partner! I'm wearing them right now. I'm leaving for school and work in a bit, and I'm going to wear them out and show them to everybody.

Btw, what sock yarn is this?

I'm glad you like the socks. The truffles are my weakness, especially the white chocolate :happydance: I totally forgot to put the wrapper with the rest of the yarn in the box :wall: The yarn is Austermann Step. I really enjoyed working with it, so soft.

knitqueen
02-21-2007, 04:41 PM
Ohhh, I love Austermann Step too :heart: It's so soft. I've got a ball of it sitting around here that I need to turn into a pair of socks for ME. :teehee:

allegra918
02-21-2007, 05:16 PM
I was hoping you'd get them today. So they fit ok? I'm glad you like them. :happydance:

They fit PERFECTLY!! :muah: Just the right amount of snug! :cheering:

*KnitPixie*
02-21-2007, 05:19 PM
Well, I don't know what you did to your heel, but they are really comfortable. I really need to lean that. What did you do? If I knit with yarn this thick, I definitely feel where I picked up the stitches, but with your socks not at all. I really love them and I'm never gonna take them off again. (ok, just quickly to wash them)

Lieke I accidentally knit the heel inside out or backwards I guess :aww: but I'm glad that their comfortable. I was so worried I didn't pick the stitches up correctly because that was my first timew doing that as well :teehee: I feel so proud now that I know you like them soo much :hug:

cheesiesmom
02-21-2007, 08:41 PM
TO WHOMEVER KNIT THE RPM SOCKS FROM KNITTY,

Sorry it's too much for me to figure out just now, but I'd love the pattern for some handpainted Opal that I bought. Could this same pattern be done on dpns or just 2 circs? (I don't know how to do that!!)

Everybody's socks are gorgeous. I want a pair of each. I think it would be nice if everyone posted the patterns they used. Some, I know, are freebies and I'd love to try them.

I used blueberry waffle http://www.knitlist.com/98gift/blueberrysocks.htm
which is a nice stretchy pattern for those of us with puffy feet. but it's a simple pattern and really comfortable. I know, I have several pairs in that pattern.

I wish I could post the socks, but I'm picture challenged.
(Besides, i sent my socks off without a pix.)

:shrug:

Shandeh
02-21-2007, 10:31 PM
I wore my socks today, mwedzi!! :heart: :heart:

They are so soft and smushy and wonderful! :hug:

KellyK
02-22-2007, 12:07 AM
I knit the RPMs on 3 DPNs, using the 4th as my working needle. Just put 1/4 of the sts on needles 1 & 2, and half on needle 3. You'll be all good! That's not even a pattern that needs to be centered before starting the heelflap!

AmandaC
02-22-2007, 11:56 AM
I knit the RPM's on 4 dpn's - I just split the stitches that would have been on one circ into 2 dpns and called them both needle 1 ... if you get what I mean. Same as KK but 1 more dpn. I've never tried 2 circs (because I don't have more than 1 set in each size!)

knottydaisy
02-22-2007, 03:17 PM
Thanks Vendie!!!

I got your package today and I'm already wearing the socks. So soft and comfy and the colors :passedout: are... TO DIE FOR! I'll post pics as soon as I can find my camera :eyebrow:

I stayed up late last night to finish the socks for my Pal. They are currently drying and should be ready to send tomorrow!!!

Stiney
02-22-2007, 03:26 PM
I wanna see your socks in peeeeeeerson, Daisy!

Vendie
02-23-2007, 10:33 AM
Do they fit ok, Daisy?? I'm not used to knitting socks that aren't for me :teehee: I was looking at them and thought they might be a little too long.

KellyK
02-23-2007, 02:26 PM
No teaser pics, Daisy??? :pout:

earthchick
02-23-2007, 04:39 PM
Okay, because I'm still a curious geek, even though I've got my socks and my pal has gotten hers, I'm still keeping up with my rudimentary spreadsheet. I'm trying to figure out who is still waiting on socks. Here's the list I have of who hasn't gotten theirs yet:

Angelia
cheesiesmom
dreadfull
Vendie
Jsiaokuo
jcmom
Jenelle
jhelanee
jolenel
jrsas
Julie
KellyK
knitqueen
knittingmitchie
KnittyKitty
Leah22b
Lilliyarn
lissalue
mwedzi
Rorshach
want2knit

Is that list right? I realize that some people's names have changed since sign up (Deeknit is now five_six, right? and I know that Fiber_Girl is Vendie - has anyone else's name changed?) I also may have a couple of those names wrong b/c I can't read my own writing very well (like knittingmitchie - I'm not at all sure that is right). I also may very well have missed a couple of "I got my socks" announcements, though I do track this thread rather obsessively.

what? can you tell?

Stiney
02-23-2007, 04:45 PM
deeknit and five_six are not the same person.

Let me see what I have...

Angelia
Cara
Cheesiesmom
Deeknits
Dreadfull
five_six
friskums
jcmom
jhelanee
jolenel
jrsas
julie
kellyk
knitqueen
knittingmitchie
knittykitty
leah22b
liliyarn
lissalue
rorshach
want2knit

knitqueen
02-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Yep, I'm still waiting.... :nails: , and stalking my mailbox like a fanatic :teehee:

Angelia
02-23-2007, 04:59 PM
Yep, I'm still waiting.... :nails: , and stalking my mailbox like a fanatic :teehee:

Me too!! :teehee:

Lookie what Sandy (Shandehhhhhhh) sent me as thanks for organizing the swap!! Thanks so much!! :aww: :hug:

cheesiesmom
02-23-2007, 05:19 PM
I got my socks this week from Knittinmitchie. Sent her a personal note, but I guess I should have let the forum know too. My apologies.

My pal created a pair of st st socks from KP Dancing in a lovely peachy-aqua-brown colorway. They were very nice and I particularly loved the color. I would post a picture but I am picture challenged. (gotta work on that!)

A public thanks to Knittinmitchie for the socks and her delicious peanut butter fudge bears. (And the recipe, too.) :hug:

And especially thanks to our swap leader for putting this all together. It's been a lot of fun.

five_six
02-23-2007, 05:45 PM
I shouldn't be on the still waiting list... My partner is still waiting to receive my socks, poor thing, but I have got my lovely socks.

And I posted pics, somewhere back a few pages... :oops:

Vendie
02-23-2007, 05:45 PM
EC, I got mine last week. Yarngineer was my pal :heart:

dreadfull
02-23-2007, 05:53 PM
Yep I'm still waiting! :nails: :hair: :tap: :violin:
:shrug: :waving: :teehee: :teehee:
take your time pal!

oh and as i was looking at that list i realized tha tmy user name might sound kinda weird. but i called my self dreadfull because i have dreadlocks, so i have a head full of dreads!

i'm sending my socks super soon

I PROMISE!

jhelanee
02-23-2007, 06:05 PM
You are correct that I haven't gotten mine yet. Because she was running late, my pal revealed herself to me, sent a nice present to ease the waiting and promised she will get my socks finished soon. :muah: Real Lift (tm) trumps swap knitting occasionally, and that is as it should be in this case and fine with me. Hope things are going better for you, pal! :hug:

allegra918
02-23-2007, 06:26 PM
Wow, I must say I am relieved to know that my pal isn't the only one who hasn't received their socks yet!!!! Beginning of next week, I promise!!!

I still have to post pics on the lovely socks and treats I got from JLC. I have been wearing my socks NON STOP...... :oops: maybe too much :oops:

Stiney
02-23-2007, 06:31 PM
I've been using Google Spreadsheets, and noticing some wonkiness, five_six. I remember putting your info into the spreadsheet. :shrug:

Spreadsheet has been duly updated! :thumbsup:

Friskums
02-23-2007, 06:34 PM
I'm patiently waiting for my socks too.

(Take your time pal! I bought yarn to tide me over. :oops: :shifty: :teehee: )

AmandaC
02-23-2007, 06:35 PM
My swapee is on that list - her socks have been sent - last Wed - but they had a bit of distance to go but should hopefully arrive soon....

jolenel
02-23-2007, 08:15 PM
I'm patiently waiting here too. This is good incentive for me to check my mail more diligently! :teehee:

earthchick
02-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Der, I'm a doofus - I knew that you had gotten yours Vendie - my sock pal was your pal! - I don't know how I ended up with your name still on my list.

Five_six, I knew you'd gotten yours (who could ever forget that nakey pic of your little cutiepie! :teehee: ) - but for some reason I thought you used to be deeknits (I guess b/c you are both named Dee!)

And I don't know how I left friskums off the list - sorry 'bout that. And I don't know why I had mwedzi on the list. Dudes. I'm a slacker geek, eh?

So have Hsiaokou and Jenelle received their socks? (I didn't see them on your list, cawthraven)

And wow, Shandeh, that was so sweet (and classy!) for you to send our awesome swap coordinator that package. Thank you, Angelia, for organizing a great swap!! :cheering:

Stiney
02-23-2007, 09:05 PM
Let's see...Hsiaokuo yes (from Cara), and I thought Jenelle got her socks, but I don't see any mention in the thread, so she might have said it in chat?

jrsas
02-23-2007, 09:23 PM
Yes I am on your list :verysad: as Mulene was my swap pal...Hopefully she is beginning to feel better :hug: . My mom has had back problems and pain for years so I do understand. I enjoy looking at all the beautiful socks and stuff everyone else is receiving.

Thank you Angelia for organizing the swap :happydance: :muah: :notworthy:

Shandeh
02-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Lookie what Sandy (Shandehhhhhhh) sent me as thanks for organizing the swap!! Thanks so much!! :aww: :hug:
Yay!!! I'm glad you got your package, my friend! :muah:
(I was beginning to think it was lost in the mail, because I mailed it the same day I sent my partner's socks. What's up with that? :?? )

Angelia, you ROCK! Thanks SO much for all your hard work organizing and communicating during all this sockintine craziness!!! You da GIRL! :happydance:

Angelia
02-24-2007, 08:16 AM
:aww: Thanks Sandy!!

I'm really looking forward to knitting socks with funky heels and toes; I've never done color changes like that! I feel rather naughty...:shifty:

mwedzi
02-24-2007, 11:10 AM
I got my socks, EarthChick, from Nan101. Has she gotten hers yet?

mintdee
02-24-2007, 12:11 PM
I just wanted to let my pal know that I am finally almost done with my first sock. I am sorry that it has taken this long. I didn't realize that I would have had such a hard time learning to make socks with sock yarn I made a pair a while back in ww yarn that turned out allright :shrug: I hope that the socks and the extra stuff that I have been adding are worth the wait :hug:

Shandeh
02-24-2007, 12:19 PM
I'm really looking forward to knitting socks with funky heels and toes; I've never done color changes like that! I feel rather naughty...:shifty:
I'm looking forward to seeing your naughty knitted socks! :rofl:

Jenelle
02-24-2007, 12:52 PM
I did get my socks about two weeks ago and did post about it. The person who knit my socks was jcmom. :hug:

Since I don't feel like going through mounts of posts to find it, here's what I got:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i283/Knitting-Nelly/HPIM0566.jpg

Stiney
02-24-2007, 01:03 PM
:cheering:

Pretty socks!

jolenel
02-24-2007, 01:21 PM
I got my socks last night! :cheering: :cheering: They were made by Danielle (secksiebrat) in a gorgeous Jitterbug self-striping yarn. The socks fit perfectly and look great. Thank you so much!

She also included some tealights and a cute knitting greeting card. I don't have access to a camera right now, but I'll definitely take photos next time I can.

P.S. I'm wearing the socks right now. :teehee:

Secksiebrat
02-24-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm glad you got them and I'm sorry they went out a little late. I did send the priority mail so I'm glad you got them before the weekend :) I love that yarn. It was so much fun to work with! It patterned so pretty as well. The tealights are from my partylite stash. I sell partylite so I always have beautiful candles burning!

Glad to hear they fit!

~danielle~

KellyK
02-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Jenelle... what pattern is that?? LOVE that red!!

jcmom
02-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Kelly,
Don't think I mentioned the pattern to Jenelle when I made those. It's the Crossroads Sock, from Woolen Collectibles. I used Casacde worsted weight.
Thanks for the compliment. I went back and forth on the pattern and what to use.

Shandeh
02-24-2007, 10:08 PM
I think it's so cool that so many new sock knitters have made their first socks for the sockintine's swap. Now, they are official sock knitters! :cheering:

KellyK
02-24-2007, 10:27 PM
THAT'S why they looked so familiar! Im knitting another pair of their socks right now... the Porthole Socks (http://www.woolencollectibles.com/infoglueDeliverLive/Products/Patterns/Knitting/Free+Samples/Socks)!

cara
02-25-2007, 08:35 AM
You are right. I haven't gotten my socks yet. My partner sent me a note saying they will be late.

That is okay! :) I am waiting patiently! :heart:

Andrea
02-25-2007, 11:29 AM
Happy late birthday, Cara! My birthday Soul Mate!!! :balloons:

Here's a picture of my lovely socks from Sara Jayne that I've neglected to post so far! I would take a picture of the Godiva chocolate that she also gave me, but that would be kinda hard if you know what I mean :shifty:

cara
02-25-2007, 11:35 AM
:thud:

Sara Jayne, those socks you made for Andrea are amazing! They look sooooo warm! What is the yarn/pattern? I LOVE IT!

the owner of my LYS has our birthday too..... no wonder her and I get along so well!!!

Andrea
02-25-2007, 11:38 AM
The yarn is Socks That Rock in Beryl (sp?) and the pattern is one she got from the Sensational Knitted Socks book.

Angelia
02-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Oh, wow, lovely socks SJ!!!

Must.Buy.Beryl.

So the Godiva's gone bye-bye, Andrea? :teehee:

Shandeh
02-25-2007, 11:11 PM
Andrea and SJ, those socks are DIVINE! I love that color of yarn. :heart:

sara_jayne
02-26-2007, 10:33 AM
:thud:

Sara Jayne, those socks you made for Andrea are amazing! They look sooooo warm! What is the yarn/pattern? I LOVE IT!

Cara - Like Andrea mentioned it is from the Sensational Knitted Sock book - it is the "Oblique Open Work" pattern. It is really pretty! :heart:

Leah22b
02-26-2007, 11:18 AM
Let's see...Hsiaokuo yes (from Cara), and I thought Jenelle got her socks, but I don't see any mention in the thread, so she might have said it in chat?

I have that Jenelle got her socks from Paula but she didn't know who Paula was on the board. (Was jcmom)

Hahahaha I need to finish reading before I post... :teehee:

What pretty socks.... I love them :heart:

Yes I'm still :hiding: staulking the mail carrier. My partner sent word that they would be late... :nails: :whistle: :teehee: :hug: Take your time and have fun!

Andrea
02-26-2007, 12:17 PM
Cara - Like Andrea mentioned it is from the Sensational Knitted Sock book - it is the "Oblique Open Work" pattern. It is really pretty! :heart:

Just like you! :muah: :muah: :muah:

So the Godiva's gone bye-bye, Andrea? :teehee:

:shifty:

knitqueen
02-26-2007, 03:55 PM
I got my goodies today! :cheering: My swap pal was monzogary and I just want to say THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! You have spoiled me. Lovely socks, I believe it's the Hedera pattern from knitty (the pic makes it look like one is longer than the other but they are the same, trust me), some bubble bath from Bath & Body Works, a great coloring book and stuffed toy for my kids, a Betty Crocker dessert mix, a nice note and some Arby's valentines coupons (too bad we don't have an Arby's close by :pout: ). THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!

P.S. You didn't mention anything about the yarn - is it machine washable???

monzogary
02-26-2007, 04:05 PM
Yeah it finally got there! :cheering: I'm glad your package got there safe and sound. The yarn is vintage 100% washable wool, and I hand dyed it with kool aid especially for your socks. It says washable, but not whether it is dryable or not. I am making some socks for my dd with the same brand of yarn now, but haven't made or washed anything else with it yet. Oh and yes, the pattern is Hedera, and it was such a fun knit! Looks nice, but the pattern is not especially hard to do. I'm glad you like the stuff, and it looks like the socks fit!
You are very welcome!

P.S. I went to the Arby's website and it said there were Arby's within 50 miles of your city :shrug: . Oh well LOL!

Leah22b
02-26-2007, 05:39 PM
Ohhhhhh those came out really nice... They are sooooooo pretty!

KnittyKitty
02-26-2007, 06:26 PM
no socks here... :verysad:

Rorshach
02-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Finally, Finally got my socks out today. had a bathroom remodel set me back so I couldn't mail out my first pair, or finish the 2nd pair for my wife. But they're finally done and out. Here's a link to both pairs, as a prelude to what my wife and my partners are gonna receive.http://picasaweb.google.com/aoehler/Knitting

jcmom
02-26-2007, 07:27 PM
What a fun Monday surprise. Socks have arrived and I love them! They're a great color and perfect to wear with jeans. My pal in Texas says they're made with Jitterbug yarn from Colinette. Thank you, thank you!! :happydance:

dreadfull
02-26-2007, 07:29 PM
ooooo love those socks!!!!!

That salmon colour is fabulous!

good work everyone!!!

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

my partner sent me a little poem saying that my socks are on the way !!!!! :happydance:

knitqueen
02-26-2007, 08:03 PM
What a fun Monday surprise. Socks have arrived and I love them! They're a great color and perfect to wear with jeans. My pal in Texas says they're made with Jitterbug yarn from Colinette. Thank you, thank you!! :happydance:

Who was your pal??

jcmom
02-26-2007, 08:37 PM
I don't know who my pal on this site and don't know if she's ever posted. I only know her first name and not sure if she wants that info. posted.

I did a little checking and I've only seen one person from Texas so far. Don't think it's her though.
:shrug:

Secksiebrat
02-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Jcmom.... My mom (Jbird05) was your pal! She doesn't post often. I got her on the site, but she spends much more time knitting them surfing the boards. She said she is so glad you like them and they look great on ya!

~danielle~

Leah22b
02-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Finally, Finally got my socks out today. had a bathroom remodel set me back so I couldn't mail out my first pair, or finish the 2nd pair for my wife. But they're finally done and out. Here's a link to both pairs, as a prelude to what my wife and my partners are gonna receive.http://picasaweb.google.com/aoehler/Knitting

Nice job... They both came out beautifully. :cheering: You were able to do 2 pair.... :notworthy: :notworthy: I had all I could do to get one done. :passedout:

Jbird05
Those socks are pretty I love the colors. They remind me of the ocean.

Rorshach
02-27-2007, 04:39 PM
yeah, unfortunately, my wife wasn't able to have time to do her socks, so I picked them up in her place.

allegra918
02-28-2007, 12:42 PM
I am finally getting my act together and posting pics of the wonderful socks and other goodies JLC sent me!!!! I really love these socks and think knitting with Lorna's Laces is somewhere in my near future.

This is also my stalling technique since the socks I am knitting for my pal still aren't finished. I suck. :verysad:

allegra918
02-28-2007, 12:46 PM
Wait......my post didn't post my pics. Let me try again.

I swear the posting gods on this site hate me...

Leah22b
02-28-2007, 01:00 PM
I am finally getting my act together and posting pics of the wonderful socks and other goodies JLC sent me!!!! I really love these socks and think knitting with Lorna's Laces is somewhere in my near future.

This is also my stalling technique since the socks I am knitting for my pal still aren't finished. I suck. :verysad:

You don't suck! I hope your feeling better! :hug: :cheering: Yeah for Morning sickness free days :cheering:

JLC those socks came out great...

KellyK
02-28-2007, 01:11 PM
YAYYYYY YOUR FIRST BABY TOY!!! Im all farklempt! :crying:

The socks look great, too!!! :cheering:

Stiney
02-28-2007, 10:36 PM
Dear Sqap Pal,

Your sqcks are finally on the way. Sorry that I suck at life.

Love,

Your Sqap Pal, Stine.

KellyK
02-28-2007, 11:47 PM
Sorry that I suck at life.

OMG that may be the SADDEST thing Ive ever heard!!

:pout: :hug: :heart: STEEN!!! :heart: :hug: :pout:

cheesiesmom
03-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Your sqcks are finally on the way.

Good things come those those who wait. Patiently.

I bet your sqcks are bee-you-tiful. :hug:

Leah22b
03-01-2007, 10:25 AM
Stine don't feel bad a lot of people have had problems. :hug: :muah: :hug:

Stiney
03-01-2007, 11:20 AM
:oops:

But mine were finished for a week before I sent them out.

Angelia
03-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Oh Rorshach, I got my socks yesterday!!! Squeeeeeee!! They fit perfectly: they're a bit snug, which I love :heart:, and they're really cozy! I've had them on since last night (I even slept in them!) :happydance: The fuzzies at the tops of the cuffs are sooo soft!! It's nice not having ribbing cut into my calves! :teehee:

For the rest of you, I also got a cute kitty card (kitty with yarn!! :inlove:) and some chocolates (perfect knitting companions, those little chocolates...though they're not companions for long... :shifty:)

Thank you thank you thank you!! Oh...nice gussets, by the way! :eyebrow:

Here they are! I can't manage to take a decent photo of them on my feet--how do you people take photos of your socks while you're wearing them?!

KnittyKitty
03-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Here are my socks from my sockpal AmandaC!

Thank you very much they were worth the wait. :muah:

Details:

Cotton Lycra from Yarn Ahoy
Colour - Fields of Violets
Pattern: Coloured Rib from SKS

My package contained my socks, a skein of yarn, a card and a sheep keyring.

Thank you AmandaC!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/hewittli/sockspackage-1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v64/hewittli/socksfeet-1.jpg

Lisa

Stiney
03-01-2007, 09:27 PM
Ooooh, lovely socks!

Vendie
03-01-2007, 09:51 PM
Pretty sockies!! :cheering:

Angelia
03-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Preeeeeeeety!! :inlove:

Stiney
03-01-2007, 11:11 PM

:poke:

Whatever happened to your Fair Isle masterpieces?

Rorshach
03-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Your quite welcome, Angelia, though knitting the cuffs wasn't easy, as I had never worked with that type of yarn before, but after the first one was done, it was fairly easy to tell where the real stitches were. Now my wife wants a pair of the same type of socks :)

Angelia
03-01-2007, 11:34 PM

:aww:

They're in the mail somewhere headed somewhere and will get there someday... :teehee:

Rorshach, I can't even SEE the stitches on the fuzzy part! I've worked with fake mohair, and that was hard enough--I'd have gone mad with this yarn. You did really well, though! (Oh, and I still have the socks on...all I can say is your wife's feetsies will be very happy! :teehee: )

Rorshach
03-02-2007, 12:18 AM
hehe, well the trick to that particular yarn was that I could feel the real stitches on the needle. Though I'm wondering how you were able to take that picture of your socks, every time I did so I couldn't get a good picture of it, and the one good pic I did get had to be shot in very low light.

AmandaC
03-02-2007, 05:31 AM
Hurray they arrived :happydance: :cheering: I was beginning to panic because other packages that I sent after the sock package had arrived at their destinations already ...

Vendie
03-02-2007, 08:34 AM

:happydance: I know where they're going to! I know where they're going to!

....ME!!!!

...oh yeah, I already have my own beautiful socks :shifty:

(I still know where they're going to! :teehee: )

AmandaC
03-02-2007, 08:42 AM
Well ... lets think ... they are either sitting in the same mailing pile as my Memories Smores (so they will never get to their rightful owner x-( ) , ooooooor, they may be going in person to wherever Angelia may be going in a couple of weeks ... :thinking:

Angelia
03-02-2007, 08:59 AM
:psst: Your Smores is on its way, Amander...and there's another pressie in there...

AmandaC
03-02-2007, 09:22 AM
:noway: :thud:

:muah: :hug: :teehee:

cara
03-02-2007, 09:29 AM
still no sockies at my house!! :pout: Maybe Angelia's fair isle fabulous footies are coming my way?

I hope everything is okay for my pal!

In the meantime, wow those socks for KnittyKitty by Amanda C are really nice. What a gorgeous color for the upcoming spring!!!

jcmom
03-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Amanda,
Those socks are so pretty. How did that yarn work for you? I'm looking for a good option to wool.

Stiney
03-02-2007, 11:54 AM
Dear Sock Pal,

Your socks are on the truck for delivery AS I TYPE.

You will get them today.

:heart:

AmandaC
03-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Amanda,
Those socks are so pretty. How did that yarn work for you? I'm looking for a good option to wool.

I found it quite difficult to work with because I am a very tight knitter and it is of course stretchy :teehee: I would try again though but I need to learn to relax my hands when knitting.

They also recommend this yarn for knitting bikini's and swimsuits :teehee:

Leah22b
03-02-2007, 01:50 PM
Oh what pretty sockies... They look nice and soft and comfy! Great job Amanda! :notworthy:

:verysad: still no sockies for me.... :hug: :muah: :hug:

My pal is taking her time and makeing some really pretty socks... I just know it... :teehee:

Leah22b
03-02-2007, 01:54 PM
Has anyone used TOFUtsies yarn? If so what do you think of it? I'm thinking of buying some, but I've never felt it so I'm not sure if It will be soft enough. :shrug:

Any Feedback will be helpfull. :muah:

Thanks!

Stiney
03-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Dear Swap Pal,

Your socks were delivered. Why aren't you at home, opening the box?????

DON'T YOU KNOW I HAVE NO PATIENCE????

Love,

Christine

Leah22b
03-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Dear Swap Pal,

Your socks were delivered. Why aren't you at home, opening the box?????

DON'T YOU KNOW I HAVE NO PATIENCE????

Love,

Christine

:teehee: now you get to be on the waiting end.... :teehee:

Stiney
03-02-2007, 04:34 PM
:nails: :poke: :tap:

Angelia
03-02-2007, 04:39 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: Stine!!! Payback is hell! :teehee:

Dear Stine's swap pal,

Please wait two weeks to open the package she sent. This is karmic retribution for her tardiness.

Sincerely,

The Knitting Gods

Stiney
03-02-2007, 04:47 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: Stine!!! Payback is hell! :teehee:

Dear Stine's swap pal,

Please wait two weeks to open the package she sent. This is karmic retribution for her tardiness.

Sincerely,

The Knitting Gods

As Yarn Pope, I call that heresy! HERESYYYYYYY!!!!!!

KellyK
03-02-2007, 08:59 PM
:tap: YARNMEN!

Friskums
03-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Well, I certainly couldn't wait two weeks to open the mysterious box waiting for me when I got home. I was very much :?? :?? :?? wondering what I had ordered that would need such a large box. Not one to pass up a mystery, I opened the box to find delicious goodies in all kinds of forms!

Thank you soooooo much cawthraven :hug: :muah: :hug: :muah:

The yarn is Artyarns Supermerino (color 107 - which I love!).
My feetsies are so spoiled now! They'll never feel the same way about a pair of socks again. :rofl: :rofl:
Oh, what are the little pulltags for/supposed to be? I think they look like little ears, but my boyfriend said they look like antenna on a slug. :teehee: Either way I think they are adorable! :heart:

You'll, uh, notice the Moose Munch is already empty. To be fair, it wasn't all gone before I took the picture... but it probably will be by the time I'm done writing this post. :rofl: I've never had it before, but I've always wanted to try it. It's great!

The card, the stickers, the copious amounts of chocolate... it's all wonderful!

I had such a blast with this swap. Thank you again!! :muah: :heart: :muah:

Stiney
03-02-2007, 09:41 PM
They're kitty ears! Mommy said they looked like mistakes. :verysad: (If you want to take them out, I picked up stitches to do them, so you can take them out without ruining the socks.)

Do they fit okay??? They look kinda big. :pout: I'm glad you liked the color. Mom told me repeatedly how much she didn't like the color. :roll:

The Moose Munch is just delicious...we love Harry & David, and they sell the Moose Munch in Target now! :cheering:

Jenelle
03-02-2007, 10:16 PM
I hope my pal got her socks. I sent them over a week ago and I haven't heard anything from her. :pout:

Friskums
03-02-2007, 10:29 PM
I had a feeling they were kitty ears! Of course I won't take them off. I don't have any socks with kitty ears (well, except these now) :rofl: :heart: :heart: :heart:

They fit great. They're a little bit loose, but that just means I can wear them as my super comfy around the house socks. I bet I can even wear them to bed to keep my feet warm since they don't squeeze my toes like normal socks! :happydance: :happydance:

Looks like you "knew" me better than your mom did. ;) :rofl: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Stiney
03-02-2007, 10:30 PM
Well, I kept telling her that they weren't for her, but you know how moms are. :roll:

I'm so glad you like them! :cheering:

Angelia
03-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Oh how cute, Stine!! Nice work! :cheering: And what do moms know?! :-x

Liliyarn
03-03-2007, 02:58 AM
OMGosh..kitty ears! How adorable! And ahem..tell yer mum that they aren't mistakes, cuz they match :sun:

They are with out a doubt a customized, personalized design feature if I ever saw one.

and I want the kitty stickers... :teehee:

I travel for work starting tomorrow. SO, I'm sure my socks will arrive while I'm away.... :pout:

story of my life...

dreadfull
03-03-2007, 02:17 PM
I GOT MY SOCKS I GOT MY SOCKS I GOT MY SOCKS I GOT MY SOCKS I GOT MY SOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT MY SOCKS I GOT MY SOCKS I GOT MY SOCKS I GOT MY SOCKS I GOT MY SOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT MY SOCKS I GOT MY SOCKS I GOT MY SOCKS I GOT MY SOCKS I GOT MY SOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT MY SOCKS I GOT MY SOCKS I GOT MY SOCKS I GOT MY SOCKS I GOT MY SOCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:
they are the most spectacular, beautiful comfortable perfectly fitting amazing wonderful socks EVER!!!!

THANKS sooooooooo much to Margaret!!!!! (aka: thischicknits)
What's even more amazing is that I had you colour coded on my spreadsheet as not being my sock pal, so it was a complete surprise!!!! i thought i knew who they were coming from but I was wrong!

She also sent my a lovely card, some delicious chocolate covered cherries, sweethearts candy, foot creme! (to keep my feet beauuuuutiful!), Altoids chocolate peppermints, and a lollypop courtesy of her dd.
I woke up to this package being delivered - the best wake up ever. and now i have my socks to wear to make it the best day ever!
thay are spectacular!!!!

I took pictures, but i can't post them yet as I don't have the right wire for my camera to computer, but i am getting one soon and will post pics then.

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

KellyK
03-03-2007, 05:04 PM
:teehee: I wanna know how you ruled Margaret out. I was in cahootz with her to send you those teaser emails from MY phoney baloney email addy. :twisted:

Rorshach
03-03-2007, 07:03 PM
KellyK, you are verra verra snikky.

KellyK
03-03-2007, 11:12 PM

cara
03-05-2007, 10:55 AM
How many people are still waiting for their socks?

Just curious who is left with me!

earthchick
03-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Not me, but I feel bad for all of you who are. :hug: I wish I had the time to offer to be a sock angel and knit up some goodies for all of you who are waiting patiently....

AmandaC
03-05-2007, 11:32 AM
How many people are still waiting for their socks?

Just curious who is left with me!

I was wondering that too.... :shrug:

Stiney
03-05-2007, 11:59 AM
I've got...

rorshach
Cara
Leah22b
liliyarn
Julie
want2knit
jrsas
Jhelanee
Dee
lissalue

still waiting for socks. Yes? No? Maybe so?

AmandaC
03-05-2007, 12:08 PM
Did KellyK get hers :?? I must have missed that - who made hers?

Stiney
03-05-2007, 12:10 PM
Oops, missed Kelly.

I knew I was missing peoples. Let me check again.

rorshach
Cara
Leah22b
liliyarn
Julie
want2knit
jrsas
Jhelanee
Dee
lissalue
KellyK

Did knittingmitchie get her socks?

Leah22b
03-05-2007, 12:16 PM
I'm still waiting... :shrug: :hug: :teehee:

I show the following as not received there socks yet:

Cara
Deeknit
FiberGirl
jhelanee
jrsas
Julie
KellyK
KnittinMitchie
Leah22b
Lieke (I think she got hers, but I can't remember from who, does anyone remember?)
liliyarn
lissalue
rorshach
want2knit

If you have received them or if you have not received and your not of the list please let me know.

Thanks!

KellyK
03-05-2007, 12:24 PM
Nope... take me back OFF that list! I got my sockies!!!!!

THANK YOU, DAISY!!!!

These are Socks That Rock Med wt (my FAVORITEST sock yarn!!) in Midsummers Night... GAWGEOUS!!!!! I LOVE them!!!!

:woot: :woohoo: :woot:

And, take a look at that GUSSET! :eyebrow:

AmandaC
03-05-2007, 12:31 PM
Nice :happydance: :cheering:

Stiney
03-05-2007, 12:44 PM
That's why I "forgot you" on my list.

I saw your socks in progress. :teehee:

They ARE fabulous!

Stiney
03-05-2007, 12:47 PM
I'm still waiting... :shrug: :hug: :teehee:

I show the following as not received there socks yet:

Cara
Deeknit
FiberGirl
jhelanee
jrsas
Julie
KellyK
KnittinMitchie
Leah22b
Lieke (I think she got hers, but I can't remember from who, does anyone remember?)
liliyarn
lissalue
rorshach
want2knit

If you have received them or if you have not received and your not of the list please let me know.

Thanks!

FiberGirl is Vendie, and did receive her socks. Lieke got socks from knitpixie. :)

Leah22b
03-05-2007, 01:05 PM
Thanks!
I'm up to date and show 11 more to go...lol

:cheering: :happydance: :cheering:

allegra918
03-05-2007, 02:42 PM
So here's a little teaser for my pal who has been ever so patient.

It's only a teaser of one sock because, ahem, well.......I guess one of my cats decided it wanted to knit on it, and proceeded to "knit" with its claws and I had to RIP THE WHOLE :!!!: THING OUT!!!!!!

granted, I only had about half of it done, BUT STILL!!!!

:waah:

So I'll be hopefully knitting up a storm in the next few days.
The teaser pic doesn't really show the pattern very well and I didn't want to wear it on my foot. I will also be blocking them later......

Leah22b
03-05-2007, 03:53 PM
Allegra :hug:

Sorry about the kitty misshap (Bad kitty Bad Kitty), :figureditout: maybe next time you have to felt something you can put your kitty to work...

Of course they never do it when you want them to so that might be a problem...lol

Don't worry I'm sure your pal will continue to be patient.... :nails: :whistle: :tap: (Just kidding)

allegra918
03-05-2007, 04:22 PM
The funny thing (well it's not really that funny) is that my cats rarely even acknowledge my knitting (how dare they?!?!?) but Moxy was really intrigued by this pair of socks for some reason. Always needs to lay near them, chew on that pattern, and then try to knit a few rows..... :pout:

cara
03-05-2007, 04:53 PM
The funny thing (well it's not really that funny) is that my cats rarely even acknowledge my knitting (how dare they?!?!?) but Moxy was really intrigued by this pair of socks for some reason. Always needs to lay near them, chew on that pattern, and then try to knit a few rows..... :pout:

Well, I have a kitty who likes to play with my knitting all the time. :) I can appreciate the set back for sure! The sock that is done is beautiful!!! Is that Purple?? mmmm yummy!!!

allegra918
03-05-2007, 06:02 PM
Thanks Cara!
Yes, the yarn I'm using is a mixture of purples, blues, and a bit of brown. Very earthy, but warm at the same time!

Angelia
03-05-2007, 06:20 PM
My cats have knitting attacks every so often. Mainly they go for my needles, though I have found "felted" bits of yarn and knitting (the result of someone's chewing it! :-x )

I love that sock! Maybe Moxy was just showing appreciation for its loverliness? :shrug:

allegra918
03-05-2007, 06:25 PM
I love that sock! Maybe Moxy was just showing appreciation for its loverliness? :shrug:

that's what I think. She does have good taste!

jrsas
03-06-2007, 08:33 PM
YEAH!!! :woot: I received a box today from Sara Jayne with the best pair of socks in it and a bunch of goodies. You are the best for being my surrogate swap pal. :muah: :notworthy: :muah: :notworthy: :muah: :notworthy:

I want to make gussets like you do. :pout: xxx
The socks fit so well and are very warm.

I love the stuff you added. A sock bag, the best smelling candles, a candle holder, candy (yum), the cutest daisy card and a marker. Thank you so much.

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k109/jrsas/DSCN2062.jpg

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k109/jrsas/DSCN2064.jpg

sara_jayne
03-07-2007, 10:11 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: I'm so glad they got there and that you like everything! :heart: :heart: :heart:

As for the marker :teehee: I lost that in the car while I was addressing the box...I had wondered where it went! It wasn't really supposed to be in there, but enjoy it! :muah:

:hug: :hug: :hug: Feel better soon Mulene!

Leah22b
03-07-2007, 10:12 AM
Those came out really pretty! What nice gussetts :eyebrow:

Angelia
03-07-2007, 12:25 PM
:muah: :muah: :muah: for pinch-knitting, SJ!!!

The socks are GORGEOUS!! :notworthy: :notworthy:

:hug: :heart: Mulene!

knitknut
03-07-2007, 01:04 PM
Hi Swappers - I've been lurking and admiring everyones great socks! :drool: Can I ask a dumb question? What is a sock bag? :shrug:

sara_jayne
03-07-2007, 01:13 PM
The bag is a "knitting on the go" bag. It is from Know Knits (http://www.knowknits.com/) (I got mine at the LYS). It is designed to either clip on your belt or around your wrist so you can knit while out and about. It has a snap loop inside to keep your yarn from tangling and comes in 3 different sizes. Great for throwing in a purse or for those who are coordinated (unlike me) who can knit while walking! :cheering:

knitknut
03-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Oh, that is just muy spiffy! I'm always trying to figure out how to hold on to my ziploc bag and knit at the same time. :thinking: I wonder if I could make one. . .

Stiney
03-07-2007, 05:21 PM
Dear Angelia's Sqap Pal,

Your socks are famous (http://lisaknit.typepad.com/tiltawhirl/2007/03/the_hammering_h.html) and were knit a by a knitebrity.

Jealously Yours,

Christine

(No offense, Sandra Ellen. I just want famous socks. :teehee:)

SandraEllen
03-08-2007, 08:42 AM
None taken. :)

those socks deserve to be famous... :notworthy:

Liliyarn
03-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Dear Socks,

It pleases me to no end that you are out globe trotting from Aussie to the US. I'm sure you're stopping by all the wonderful landmarks and tourist spots. Be sure to take lots of pictures of your travels. I wouldn't object to you stopping by LYS or two and picking up souvinier yarn. Maybe I can make lots of international friends for you. I hear the wool in New Zealand is nice. However, I must say we are lonely and would love to enjoy your company....

Love,
Liliyarn's feet

Leah22b
03-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Dear Socks,

It pleases me to no end that you are out globe trotting from Aussie to the US. I'm sure you're stopping by all the wonderful landmarks and tourist spots. Be sure to take lots of pictures of your travels. I wouldn't object to you stopping by LYS or two and picking up souvinier yarn. Maybe I can make lots of international friends for you. I hear the wool in New Zealand is nice. However, I must say we are lonely and would love to enjoy your company....

Love,
Liliyarn's feet

:roflhard: :roflhard: Lets just hope that when they are done globe trotting that they aren't all tired out.... :teehee:

Angelia
03-08-2007, 04:14 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Rorshach
03-08-2007, 06:12 PM
Leah,

Want2knit should've already received hers, as I was the one who made them, and I show that the package did arrive.

cara
03-09-2007, 08:18 AM
I got my socks! :cheering: I got my socks! :woot: I got my socks! :thud:

My swap partner was.............. Angelia!

Holy SMACK! WOW. These socks are AMAZING! my digi camera is with my husband right now, but you all know what socks I'm talking about!!!

She didn't include goodies as she went over budget with the socks. hehe. that is fine with me! I am so happy with these amazing socks I wouldn't have wanted anything else anyway! I have looked them over, inside and out and they are so perfect. I can not ever imagine being able to knit at this level. I am in a state of shock right now! hehe!!! So very worth the wait!!! Holy, if I had been knitting this pattern for my partner I would still be knitting them NEXT Valentines day! ha!

Angelia said in her note that she chose this pattern because I said that I wear Birks and crocs... which I do.. all the time! YAY!!!!!

:notworthy:

Angelia, thank you so much for all the many hours you put into these socks. I will be blabbing to everyone all about them everytime I wear them! I am going to take them to my Pilates Training in boston in a couple of weeks as I will be wearing my crocs inside the whole weekend!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

cara
03-09-2007, 08:21 AM
OH yes... and I have to add, that when the postman came to my door with that package in his hand and I saw the return name/address I shreiked and did a happy dance right in front of him.

I know he must think me nuts! Oh well!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Angelia
03-09-2007, 08:24 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

I'm so glad you got them!!! I had shipping mix-up with some package items and was so afraid I'd mailed the socks to someone else by mistake!

Once I saw in your questionnaire what kind of shoes you wear, I knew I had to do something with cables or fair isle. I'm so glad you like them!! :hug: :heart:

Do they fit?? I've been so worried!

cara
03-09-2007, 08:31 AM
They are PERFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE THEM.

is typing in CAPS like SCREAMING?... cause I'm not really screaming..but very excited.

good thing my husband isn't here... he'd be having to leave the room for fear of getting caught up in the happy dance!

So does superwash really mean... super wash? in the machine? and dry?

please tell me how to take care of these so I can keep them forever and ever!

Cara

Angelia
03-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Yes, all-caps is 'screaming'--though we use it here for emphasis ALL the time! :teehee:

Yep, superwash means machine washable (i.e., won't felt). On the yarn bands, the directions are "Hand or machine wash/dry." So you can toss them in the dryer as well, or you can lay them flat to dry. Your choice!

I'm SOOOOO glad they fit and that you like them! :blooby:

catownedanna
03-09-2007, 09:56 AM
This post's Swedish word/phrase: "Äntligen!" = "At last!"
_____

Cara,

I've known for a while that Angelia was knitting her socks for you and I've been looking forward to seeing your reactions to them. I giggled a lot last week when I saw your wish for Angelia's socks. :teehee:

Continue to enjoy them!!! :hug:

KellyK
03-09-2007, 09:59 AM
Hi! I'm JEALOUS! Nice tameetcha! :waving:

Leah22b
03-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Leah,

Want2knit should've already received hers, as I was the one who made them, and I show that the package did arrive.

Thanks!
I'll update my list.

Yeah cara... those are some really awesome socks... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:rofl: Enjoy!

cara
03-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Okay catownedanna, so who else knew about my socks? :grrr: :tap:

hee... sometimes if you wish hard enough it will come true!!! :cheering:

Dilly
03-09-2007, 10:39 AM
I knew from the very beginning! :teehee:

catownedanna
03-09-2007, 10:58 AM
This post's Swedish word/phrase: "" = ""
_____

Okay catownedanna, so who else knew about my socks?

I don't know who else knew... :shrug: Except for Dilly... And... And... :teehee:

Leah22b
03-09-2007, 12:17 PM
This post's Swedish word/phrase: "" = ""
_____

Okay catownedanna, so who else knew about my socks?

I don't know who else knew... :shrug: Except for Dilly... And... And... :teehee:

I knew :cheering:

Just teasing I had no idea... :roflhard:
Crongrats though them r some nice sockies for some Really Happy Feet... :teehee:

Leah22b
03-09-2007, 12:23 PM
Update I show only 8 more people waiting for socks....

Deeknit
jhelanee
Julie
KnittinMitchie
Leah22b
liliyarn - Socks on tour (World tour #1)
lissalue
rorshach

If I have anything wrong, please let me know. Thanks!

By the way can anyone tell me who sent socks to jbird05 and secksiebrat? I have that they received them, but not who sent them. Thanks!

Friskums
03-09-2007, 12:36 PM
I sent them to jbird05.

Leah22b
03-09-2007, 12:52 PM
I sent them to jbird05.

Thanks!

Secksiebrat
03-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Jberry16 sent me my socks :)

~danielle~

Stiney
03-09-2007, 01:40 PM
We've got the knitters waiting for socks, but I know who hasn't sent them, too. :twisted:

And I'm not telling!

want2knit
03-09-2007, 03:44 PM
Leah,

I'm here..........hi guys, I've been without a computer for going on 2 weeks now (typing from library right now!) , so I haven't been able to keep updated on all the socks, but I did get my socks from someone on here named "willow"--is that you Rorshach? They fit me great, and once I get my computer back I'll take a pic. I've missed this board so much. Good news, I've almost completed another sock since Sockintine swap ended! See ya!

Leah22b
03-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Jberry16 sent me my socks :)

~danielle~
Thanks!

Leah22b
03-09-2007, 04:05 PM
We've got the knitters waiting for socks, but I know who hasn't sent them, too. :twisted:

And I'm not telling!

I know too :teehee: :twisted:

xxx xxx xxx

Angelia
03-09-2007, 11:18 PM
Holly, Willow is Rorshach's wife.

CateKnits
03-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Okay catownedanna, so who else knew about my socks? :grrr: :tap:

hee... sometimes if you wish hard enough it will come true!!! :cheering:

I knew, too! I asked her who she was knitting for at the beginning. :teehee:

Jenelle
03-09-2007, 11:49 PM
My partner should have gotten her socks, but she hasn't replied to any emails and I haven't seen her on here. :shrug:

Hsiaokuo62
03-10-2007, 12:19 AM
Couldn't happen to a nicer person, Cara! I'm tickled for you!

Rorshach
03-10-2007, 04:22 AM
but I did get my socks from someone on here named "willow"--is that you Rorshach? They fit me great, and once I get my computer back I'll take a pic.

Actually, Willow is my wife, but unfortunately due to some RL concerns she had to bow out, so instead of disappointing someone, I jumped in and made her pair for her, but she did pick out the design, and yarn.

:doh: Didn't read far enough down to see that the identity of "Willow" was already answered. oh well, if you didn't know then, you do now :roflhard:

Angelia
03-10-2007, 06:54 PM

cara
03-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Couldn't happen to a nicer person, Cara! I'm tickled for you!

Thanks!!! :heart:

I wore the socks today! I showed them off to EVERYONE! I will have to wash them and then I'll get my husband to take some pictures. :)