PDA

View Full Version : Sockintine Sock Swap!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Angelia
11-06-2006, 11:29 PM
Sockintine’s Day approacheth!!!

What is it, you ask? Why, it’s a sock swap in which you knit socks anonymously for another KH member!

Who can play? New knitters, experienced knitters—doesn’t matter. Everyone is welcome! :hug:

Signups will begin November 20 and will close December 16. Partner notifications will begin December 18. Socks should be mailed by Valentine’s Day.

Please note that the plan is not for you to begin knitting your socks during the holiday gift rush. Rather, the mid-December notification means that you will have time to consider your partner’s likes/dislikes and begin pattern searching /yarn selection before you need to start knitting.

I will post the questionnaire and registration info ASAP, but for now, here are the guidelines:

Sockintine’s Guidelines:

1. If you do sign up for this swap, please remember that you have done so. It seems silly, I know, but sometimes people do forget such things.

2. If time or financial constraints prohibit your participation after your signup, let me know ASAP.

3. This is not about speed knitting. Knit at your own pace. This is particularly important for those of you who will be knitting with fingering-weight yarn. You have several weeks to complete your socks.

4. Try to stick within the budget you have chosen for yourself, and this is particularly important if you plan on including other goodies for your partner. If you have chosen the $10 - $20 budget, then let $20 be your cap for everything, including sock yarn. This prevents people with tight budgets from feeling the need to overspend to match other participants’ more lavish gifts.

Extra goodies are not required, of course; I for one will be happy just to receive a pair of socks knit by another KH member! :heart:

5. Your Sockintine’s giftie should be mailed by Valentine’s Day. Try not to mail too early (we don’t want anyone to feel pressured to knit quickly). There’s no need to rush shipment, either, if you find Valentine’s Day upon you, but you only have one sock completed. Just let your partner know there will be a delay. We’re all good people and realize that life happens when we least expect it.

knitqueen
11-06-2006, 11:36 PM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Friskums
11-07-2006, 12:17 AM
Ooooh, I can't wait!

Deeknit
11-07-2006, 06:27 AM
Oh, I"m in.

deeknit

misstialouise
11-07-2006, 06:37 AM
ooh... sounds like fun..

question.. can the socks be 'around the house' chunkier yarn socks???

Angelia
11-07-2006, 08:26 AM
ooh... sounds like fun..

question.. can the socks be 'around the house' chunkier yarn socks???

They can be if that's what you want! :happydance:

Jeep_Girl
11-07-2006, 09:01 AM
I'm in too....

Jeep_Girl
11-07-2006, 09:02 AM
if you'll have me...

Angelia
11-07-2006, 09:17 AM
Of course we'll have you!! :hug:

rebecca
11-07-2006, 11:07 AM
I have a question or 2! You wrote
" Try to stick within the budget you have chosen for yourself, and this is particularly important if you plan on including other goodies for your partner. If you have chosen the $10 - $20 budget, then let $20 be your cap for everything, including sock yarn. This prevents people with tight budgets from feeling the need to overspend to match other participants’ more lavish gifts."
Does this mean that we are going to select a $ that we want to spend and switch with a partner that also wants to spend said amt of $ like we did with the yarn swap?
Also, is one of the questions about which wt yarn we prefer? Like misstialouise asked about the chunkier wt yarn, some people may prefer fingering wt and not want chunkier wt yarn and vice-versa.

Just had to throw out these questions that were on the top of my head :wink:
I'm so excited that it's not until after the 1st of the year...in which case, I'M SO IN :cheering: :cheering:

Thanks for being the hostess of such a wondrous swap :muah:

Angelia
11-07-2006, 11:19 AM
Yay, Becka, Her Highness the Sock Queen is joining us!!! :notworthy:

:rofl:

Yep, you'll have several monetary amounts from which to choose; that way, everyone can participate according to his or her budget.

And yes, one of the questions is about yarn weight--from fingering weight to bulky, you'll have the option to pick whatever weight socks you like.

Actually, I'll make my next post the actual questionnaire so that everything is clearer. Off to finalize it! :out:

Angelia
11-07-2006, 11:41 AM
When I'm ready, I'll provide info as to where this questionnaire should be sent--don't post here. (Well, you can; you'll just need to re-send the info to me later! ;))

I'm only posting this so that everyone has a clearer idea of how the swap works.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sockintine's Questionnaire

1. What weight sock do you prefer?

(A) light (fingering weight)
(B) medium (DK/sport weight)
(C) heavy (worsted weight)
(D) chunky/bulky
(E) I'm easy! I'll let my partner decide.

2. What sock fiber do you prefer? (Consider here allergies to wool, aversion to acrylic footwear, need for non-wooly yarns owing to a warm climate, etc.)

3. What are your color preferences? Are there any colors you refuse to wear, even on your feet?

4. Will you wear funky, fair isle, or striped socks? Would you prefer textured solids--cables, lace, that kind of thing? Or....are you willing to throw caution to the four winds and let your partner's creativity to determine the style of your sock?

5. What is the length of your foot, from your longest toe to the back of your heel? (Stand on a tape measure to determine length--don't measure a foot that isn't planted firmly on the floor because the measurement will be waaaaay off.)

6. Are your feet narrow/wide? Any other special instructions your knitter needs to know about your feetsies to ensure a proper sock fit?

7. Since this is a Sockintines swap--just in time for Valentine's Day--would you be horrified if hearts appeared on your socks somewhere?

8. How much are you willing or able to spend on this swap? (Pick one)

(A) less than $10
(B) between $10 & $20
(C) between $20 and $30

9. What kind of care for your socks--machine wash or hand wash?

10. Anything else your partner needs to know about you?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this list answers your questions! If there's anything not on the questionnaire that you think should be, then please let me know! :heart:

rebecca
11-07-2006, 03:09 PM
Yay, Becka, Her Highness the Sock Queen is joining us!!! :notworthy:

:roflhard: :rofl: :roflhard: You are just too funny :roflhard: :rofl:

Angelia
11-07-2006, 03:44 PM
:teehee:

CateKnits
11-07-2006, 03:46 PM
I love question 7. :teehee: Dilly, looks like you and I have nothing to worry about.

Angelia
11-07-2006, 03:47 PM
I love question 7. :teehee: Dilly, looks like you and I have nothing to worry about.

I put that question in just for you! :roflhard: :roflhard:

CateKnits
11-07-2006, 03:48 PM
7. YES! YES, I WOULD BE HORRIFIED! :roflhard:

jhelanee
11-07-2006, 03:50 PM
This looks fun - I may have to join you all...

:thinking:

Angelia
11-07-2006, 04:10 PM
7. YES! YES, I WOULD BE HORRIFIED! :roflhard:

:roflhard: :roflhard:

Oh, do join us, Jennifer! It's a low-pressure swap and should be very fun if you like sock knitting!

ETA: I've no idea why I called you Jane in the earlier version of this post. I need more coffee, apparently. Sorry! :help:

Shandeh
11-07-2006, 07:54 PM
I'm in! I LOVE how organized you are, Angelia!!!

You da GIRL! :happydance:

Angelia
11-07-2006, 08:06 PM
:aww:

Thanks, Sandy! :heart:

cara
11-07-2006, 08:22 PM
I've never knit socks before, and frankly I am a little intimidated by it, but I would love to join in teh fun. Do you think that someone would want a pair of socks from a sockvirgin?.. mistakes and all? Cause I'm assuming that I'll make a few!

Angelia
11-07-2006, 08:40 PM
Of course you're welcome to join us, Cara! You can even get in some practice sock knitting before the swap even starts! This tutorial (http://www.cometosilver.com/socks/SockClass_Beginning.htm) is wonderful (many of us here learned from this tutorial, actually!), as is Amy's video (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/advanced_techniques/) on how to turn a heel and pick up stitches on the gusset. And of course we're always here to help if you have questions.

Socks look so much more difficult to knit than they actually are. Don't let them intimidate you!

Dilly
11-07-2006, 09:04 PM
Seeing as I can choose to have socks without hearts, and as per question 3, I can state my aversion to the colour pink, then I'm in too!!!!

Thanks for setting this up Angelia, and thank you for being considerate of those of us you aren't big fans of the whole Valentine's Day holiday. :heart:

thischicknits
11-07-2006, 09:07 PM
I wanna join the fun!!!

CateKnits
11-07-2006, 09:15 PM
I still secretly hope I get Dilly. :teehee: I can think of some great socks to make her.

Stiney
11-07-2006, 09:23 PM
I'm in if I learn how to knit socks between now and then. I want to make pairs for Mom and G-pa, so they stop complaining that I don't knit for them (HELLO I started in July!) and if I have time, I'll start this, too.

I'm with Dilly! No pink, no hearts, nothing for BSAD.

Jenelle
11-07-2006, 09:47 PM
My mom said I could join! :cheering:

I'm in agreement with Christine and Dilly.. no pink or hearts please :shifty:

jolenel
11-07-2006, 10:25 PM
This sounds wonderful! I'm in.

To anyone who's nervous about making socks...don't be! From the perspective of someone who juuuust learned how to make socks, it's not that difficult. Amy's video on the site is great at covering the parts I thought were a little intimidating, like turning the heel. :cheering:

And I'm also in the no-hearts camp. Pink? It really depends on the pink and how much. :??

Shandeh
11-07-2006, 11:12 PM
I prefer to wear blue, black or brown socks. I know....boring. But, they look better with my trousers and jeans!

KellyK
11-08-2006, 12:45 AM
I am SOOOOOO in!!!!! PINK HEARTY CUPID's AROW SOCKS FOR EVERYONE!!!

AmandaC
11-08-2006, 09:38 AM
I wanna play tooooooooo! :cheering: :cheering: can I can I ????

Angelia
11-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Of course!! :hug: :hug:

Vendie
11-08-2006, 10:15 AM
Yay! I want in too! Now that I've actually finished a whole pair :shifty:

Angelia
11-08-2006, 10:20 AM

And finishing didn't hurt much, did it? :teehee:

Carol_OH
11-12-2006, 08:18 PM
can I play too!?

Angelia
11-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Of course, Carol!! :hug:

mintdee
11-12-2006, 08:54 PM
I wanna play!

Sounds fun :) :hug:

Angelia
11-13-2006, 07:21 AM
Ooh, yes, Sandra, join us!! :happydance:

allegra918
11-13-2006, 03:11 PM
I am SOOOOO IN!!!!! :cheering:

Liliyarn
11-13-2006, 03:47 PM
socks? socks! did I hear something about socks??? :??
Socks=I'm in.

:happydance:

Julie
11-13-2006, 11:07 PM
:cheering:

When is sign-up going to start Angelia?? I want an excuse to buy some more sock yarn!! :twisted:

Liliyarn
11-13-2006, 11:45 PM
I don't need an excuse to buy sock yarn. It is an obligation! But I am excited.....

lissalue
11-14-2006, 12:56 AM
i would like to join, but i have never knitted socks before, or anything besides scarves :teehee: but i am willing to try if i can gat an easy pattern and someone wants my possibly messed up socks. :shrug:

mulene
11-14-2006, 01:33 PM
EEk I didn't see this! I am SO in. I've discovered the delights of sock knitting just recently but I'm not hugely experienced. I've been coming to work by train the last week or so (another two weeks of it too while they dig up the road outside the office) and managed to complete my boss's Christmas pressie. My next project for train use is more socks - I've done 3 pairs now. Time to start experimenting with a pattern soon I think =D

This is a brilliant idea I am SO in for this too!

Angelia
11-17-2006, 08:38 PM
*bump*

Everyone is welcome--new to socks or an old hand at them!

Registration starts Monday! :happydance: :happydance:

Liliyarn
11-18-2006, 03:00 AM
:woohoo:

Hope I dont forget..... :shifty:

Angelia
11-18-2006, 09:42 AM
:rofl: :rofl:

Angelia
11-20-2006, 08:05 AM
**Change of contact procedure: see below**

IT'S TIME!!! :woot:

Registration begins today! So, copy/paste the following questionnaire into a PM to me, answer all the questions, and be sure to include your email address. I have a yahoo group set up for the swap and will send out invitations as soon as I get your info.

Sockintine's Questionnaire

1. What weight sock do you prefer wearing?

(A) light (fingering weight)
(B) medium (DK/sport weight)
(C) heavy (worsted weight)
(D) chunky/bulky
(E) I'm easy! I'll let my partner decide.

2. What sock fiber do you prefer? (Consider here allergies to wool, aversion to acrylic footwear, need for non-wooly yarns owing to a warm climate, etc.)

3. What are your color preferences? Are there any colors you refuse to wear, even on your feet?

4. Will you wear funky, fair isle, or striped socks? Would you prefer textured solids--cables, lace, that kind of thing? Or....are you willing to throw caution to the four winds and let your partner's creativity to determine the style of your sock?

5. What is the length of your foot, from your longest toe to the back of your heel? (Stand on a tape measure to determine length--don't measure a foot that isn't planted firmly on the floor because the measurement will be waaaaay off.)

6. Are your feet narrow/wide? Any other special instructions your knitter needs to know about your feetsies to ensure a proper sock fit?

7. Since this is a Sockintines swap--just in time for Valentine's Day--would you be horrified if hearts appeared on your socks somewhere?

8. How much are you willing or able to spend on this swap? (Pick one)

(A) less than $10
(B) between $10 & $20
(C) between $20 and $30

9. What kind of care for your socks--machine wash or hand wash?

10. Anything else your partner needs to know about you?

11. How experienced are you at sock knitting? Is this your first pair, or have you lost count of how many socks you've knit?

12. Should unforseen circumstances result in a participant's need to withdraw from the swap, would you be willing to serve as a pinch-knitter?

13. What is your snail mail address? What is your email address?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KellyK
11-20-2006, 08:44 AM
Was I the first one, Ang? Was I?? Was I???? :woohoo:

KellyK
11-20-2006, 09:28 AM
Ang, I got an error message at the email addy you have above... it had me resend to
sockintinesockswap-owner AT yahoogroups DOT com

It said it was a closed group where only the moderator can post.

:shrug:

Angelia
11-20-2006, 09:38 AM
:nails:

Let me reset some things--try the original email again in a couple of minutes.

Angelia
11-20-2006, 09:49 AM
How about using this email addy:

sockintinesockswap-subscribe AT yahoogroups DOT com

I've never used yahoo groups as a moderator of a group. Can you tell?! :-x

Friskums
11-20-2006, 10:32 AM
I emailed! :happydance: :happydance:

AmandaC
11-20-2006, 10:34 AM
I'll email in a minute ... if the yahoo group doesn't work, you could try googlegroups....

Angelia
11-20-2006, 10:55 AM
I think what I'll do is this: I want everyone to PM the questionnaire to me and include an email address. I'll set up the yahoo group that way. I'll make a change in the post above, too, to reflect the new way of doing things.

mulene
11-20-2006, 11:34 AM
:cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: I've sent my answers

This is a BRILLIANT idea. My knitting of late has mostly been socks squeezed in between other things.

knitqueen
11-20-2006, 12:17 PM
I sent mine!! :cheering:

Angelia
11-20-2006, 12:19 PM
I've got lots of messages in my PM inbox! :woot:

I want more!! :twisted:

Friskums
11-20-2006, 01:15 PM
Oooooh, oops.

I'll resend my answers to your PM box. :thumbsup:

Angelia
11-20-2006, 04:14 PM
Well, the subscription thing does work, though the PMs are better since I get the questionnaires right away. I'm about to go through the PMs, reply to those I have, and get everyone invited into the group.

Excitement abounds! :teehee:

allegra918
11-20-2006, 05:12 PM
I PM'd you !!!! :cheering: :cheering:

lissalue
11-20-2006, 05:15 PM
i am so excited!!!! i pm'd you!!! :happydance: :happydance: :happydance: :cheering: :cheering: :cheering: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Angelia
11-20-2006, 10:46 PM

So far there are 13 of us--not bad for the first day of registration!

thischicknits
11-21-2006, 12:34 AM
Add one more! I'm really excited to join all of you! :hug:

Angelia
11-21-2006, 08:45 AM
Yay!!!

Oooh, we have lots of peepages so far--keep registering! :happydance:

Rorshach
11-21-2006, 02:06 PM
Count me in on this one, unless throwing a male knitter into the mix louses things up for you ^.^

Angelia
11-21-2006, 04:54 PM
Count me in on this one, unless throwing a male knitter into the mix louses things up for you ^.^

Only if you have big feet! :rofl:

Of course you're welcome to join us! Just PM me your info from the questionnaire on page 4.

Hsiaokuo62
11-21-2006, 05:15 PM
just waiting to know where to post our answers...
:nails:

heehee always wanted to use that icon!

KellyK
11-21-2006, 05:19 PM
Just PM them to her, as she said in her update on page 4.. :nails:

:teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

Yeah... how big ARE your feet, R??? :?

Vendie
11-21-2006, 06:37 PM
Well, you know what they say about guys with big feet....

...they need big socks :shifty:

Angelia
11-21-2006, 08:16 PM

Rorshach
11-21-2006, 08:35 PM
Yeah... how big ARE your feet, R??? :?

hehe big enough to fill my shoes. ^.^

KellyK
11-22-2006, 12:00 AM
Snotty Fatpantses! EVERY ONE of ya!! :!!!:

Angelia
11-22-2006, 12:30 AM
:angelgrin:

Rorshach
11-22-2006, 12:49 AM
me? :angelgrin: NEVER!

Liliyarn
11-22-2006, 03:21 AM
*hopes she doesn't get Rorshach's feet to knit for...unless he has little girlie feet....no wait! yes, pretty pink hearts on a camo background for Rorshach's socks!!!*

Wait did I think that out loud??! :doh:

I'm just an evil thinker.... :twisted:

Rorshach
11-22-2006, 03:59 AM
*hopes she doesn't get Rorshach's feet to knit for...unless he has little girlie feet....no wait! yes, pretty pink hearts on a camo background for Rorshach's socks!!!*

hehe and here's the ironic thing, I'd wear them ^.~

Rorshach
11-22-2006, 04:00 AM

hehe and here's the ironic thing, I'd wear them ^.~

Liliyarn
11-22-2006, 04:21 AM
:oo:

Shandeh
11-22-2006, 05:39 AM
OK, I was one of the FIRST to say in this thread that I would join.

But, here I am now, one of the LAST to read the instructions on how to actually join.

Figures....it's so "Sandy" of me. :roll:

KellyK
11-22-2006, 07:44 AM

R's got pretty little girlie feet.... :teehee:

catownedanna
11-22-2006, 08:28 AM
This post's Swedish word/phrase: "Jag har inte bestämt mig ännu" = "I haven't made up my mind yet"
_____

I was a part of the Yarn Swap this summer and really loved :heart: it so I'm a bit tempted to join this... But...

All the questions on the questionnaire is about what kind of socks one wants to recieve... There's only one question really about the knitting part of it. What if I get matched with someone who loves something I find very boring to knit? Or something too advanced for me? Or something too plain? Then the knitting part wouldn't be so fun... :shrug:

Or?

I also wonder if this will be set up as the yarn swap with person A knitting for person B, who's knitting for Person C and so on? Or if it's a paired match where person A knits for person B and person B knits for person A.

Jeep_Girl
11-22-2006, 10:25 AM
those are good questions, Anna. :shrug:

when is the deadline,Ang? I'm too lazy to go back and look.

Friskums
11-22-2006, 10:44 AM
Dec 16th.

KellyK
11-22-2006, 12:57 PM
All the questions on the questionnaire is about what kind of socks one wants to recieve... There's only one question really about the knitting part of it. What if I get matched with someone who loves something I find very boring to knit? Or something too advanced for me? Or something too plain? Then the knitting part wouldn't be so fun... :shrug: .
I think some of that is a chance we all take when we join a swap, but if I know Ang, she will match us all up as well as she can. :shrug: I think it will be FUN no matter what, because you can be all creative about the sneaky ways you TAUNT your swap partner into guessing who you are, etc. If its too advanced, then you can look at it as a FUN challenge. If its plain, then it will be a quick knit! They are only socks...

I also wonder if this will be set up as the yarn swap with person A knitting for person B, who's knitting for Person C and so on? Or if it's a paired match where person A knits for person B and person B knits for person A.
My vote is for the A-B-C version, which is the way the yarn swap worked.

Angelia
11-22-2006, 01:00 PM
Anna, so far, most everyone has said "I'll let my partner decide" re the sock pattern, and even those who have been more specific haven't been so to the extent that they've said "I'll only wear _____ type patterns" or anything like that. Mostly I'm seeing what people don't want--lace tops the list in that regard. (Something about holes in socks seems wrong to many of you :rofl: )

As for the arrangement of partners, it will be A knits for B, B knits for C, etc., just like the yarn swap.

Oh, I did get a question about anonymity: I am not revealing who is knitting for whom. It's a surprise! :happydance:

One more thing: I have a few people who've registered in the yahoo group but have not sent me a PM with answers to the questionnaire--please make sure to send the questionnaire to me. If you don't, I can't put you in the swap because I'll have no info on you. (If you've received a "gotcha" PM from me, then you're set.)

Last note: We have 21 people so far who have submitted the questionnaire! Looking good!! :happydance:

knitqueen
11-22-2006, 01:15 PM
I see Anna's point a bit - what if you like you wear fingering weight socks (so that's what you selected in the questionnaire) but you hate to knit fingering weight socks or have a hard time knitting on such small needles, etc.??

Angelia
11-22-2006, 01:40 PM
Well, most folks are asking for fingering weight, though there are a few requests for DK weight (along with a few "I'll let my partner decide").

But if you're asking for fingering weight socks, shouldn't you be, in all fairness, willing to knit with fingering weight yarn? I wouldn't request something that I wouldn't be willing to knit myself.

mwedzi
11-22-2006, 02:09 PM
sweet, i'm in. "sweet" is my word of the day.

knitqueen
11-22-2006, 03:56 PM
Well, most folks are asking for fingering weight, though there are a few requests for DK weight (along with a few "I'll let my partner decide").

But if you're asking for fingering weight socks, shouldn't you be, in all fairness, willing to knit with fingering weight yarn? I wouldn't request something that I wouldn't be willing to knit myself.

I suppose you're right.....guess I just like being difficult! :teehee:

KellyK
11-22-2006, 04:06 PM
And, its a SWAP. There's no way to absolutely guarantee who or what you're gonna get. That's what makes it FUNNNN and challenging and MYSTEEEEERIOUS!! :cheering:

Angelia
11-22-2006, 04:31 PM
It's exactly the mystery of it that I like! Taking a little bit of someone's personal info and shaping that into a sock that is a little bit of him or her, and little bit of you! KEWL!! :woot:

And really, what's a bit of fingering-weight yarn among friends? Why, it can be something loverly, even if you are only able to knit on it for a little bit at a time! :teehee:

:muah:

knitqueen
11-22-2006, 04:36 PM
And, its a SWAP. There's no way to absolutely guarantee who or what you're gonna get. That's what makes it FUNNNN and challenging and MYSTEEEEERIOUS!! :cheering:

See, I'm such a dork being nervous about this because I know that normally I'm SO not into the mysteries of life or even surprises, it's a challenge for me even in that way! :teehee: I AM excited though!!! :happydance:

Angelia
11-22-2006, 05:15 PM
Tap into your mysterious self, KQ! OHM!

KellyK
11-22-2006, 05:20 PM
That's a GOOD challenge! Challenge yourself to NOT be nervous and just take socks as they drift through life in your general direction.... Hop on a groooovy sock WAAAAAVE, mannnn! 8-)

knitqueen
11-22-2006, 05:53 PM
:clink:

By the way, I DO enjoy knitting with fingering weight and teeny needles, just so ya know!

Rorshach
11-22-2006, 07:02 PM

^.^ yup.

Stiney
11-22-2006, 07:05 PM
I yam all signed-uppeded! I pity whoever gets my socks, because it looks like they might well be my first. :teehee:

Shandeh
11-22-2006, 07:28 PM
I think that "first" socks are just as warm as "100th" socks. :hug:

KellyK
11-22-2006, 09:11 PM
Stinee, you COULD knit one small practice sock in the meantime... if you are worried about it... :shrug:

knitqueen
11-22-2006, 09:26 PM
Let me recommend the North Country Cotton Baby Socks (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/free_patterns/sock-pattern.php) as a practise one. It is SO small but has all the same elements as a "grown up" sock, not to mention how absolutely CUTE they are!! You can use any yarn too.

Angelia
11-23-2006, 12:31 AM
:thumbsup:

Wee socks are perfect practice! You can follow along with Amy's video, too--that's how I figured out how to turn the heel flap and pick up the gusset stitches.

Liliyarn
11-23-2006, 03:06 AM

^.^ yup.

S'okay Rorchach....I have short pudgy feet.... :verysad:

Angelia
11-23-2006, 09:07 AM
:hug: :hug:

Mine are kind of duck-like. Narrow heels, wide at the toes. Finding shoes that fit well is tough. :pout: Fortunately, socks are never a problem!

Shandeh
11-23-2006, 11:20 AM
I just thank God that knitted socks stretch. I have wide, flat feet. Shoes REALLY hurt sometimes.

Angelia
11-23-2006, 11:23 AM
They do hurt. :pout: I've started buying a lot of Clark's from the UK--European shoes are made wider than American ones and fit my feet so much better.

AmandaC
11-23-2006, 11:29 AM
I wear Clarks too! obviously it will be easier for me to get them but I also have WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEe feet - and I passed that onto Cameron .... when I go to get him new shoes we don't look at styles - we just ask for whatever they have in his size because the wide shoes are limited and I don't want him to be disappointed.

AmandaC
11-23-2006, 11:31 AM
um :?? :thinking: Angelia ... will you be joining in? Or will you just be overseeing it? shame if you don't join in too - although you will know who is knitting your socks .. .and the person who is knitting your socks will know that you know .... and you will know that she knows that you know that she knows that you know ... :eyes: :teehee:

knitqueen
11-23-2006, 11:54 AM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :eyes: (I LOVE the little purple smiley!!)

KellyK
11-23-2006, 12:13 PM
ARe the Clarks in the UK any different from teh ones they sell here? Because they DO tend to be a bit narrow on me... Borns fit me, though...

Ang... have you tried making your socks with a heel that's slightly less than 1/2 the sts?

Angelia
11-23-2006, 01:13 PM
The heels on socks are usually fine, Kelly--I don't make any adjustments on them at all. If the heel is too big, then chances are the sock itself is too big. The great thing about socks is they kind of adjust themselves, esp. if they're knit a bit snug.

I am joining the swap :eyes: (:teehee:), but I'm having dh do the name drawing so that everyone can rest assured I didn't choose my partner or the person who's knitting for me. Of course people could still think that, but it won't be true! It will stink knowing who has my name though. :pout: I suppose I could have him send out the notifications so that I don't know anything, but that might prove very difficult. More :eyes:

Shandeh
11-23-2006, 01:36 PM
You could let one of us could handle HALF of the contacts, which would help you avoid knowing!

Dilly
11-23-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm visiting you a couple of days after the deadline, Angelia. I can help organize things so that you don't know who has you. I can also help in organization in general if you want help. :shrug:

Angelia
11-23-2006, 08:33 PM
:thinking: I was hoping to get contact info out to everyone by the 18th...

It is tempting, though! Lemme think...

Julie
11-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Ang, I'm involved in a secret santa thing right now and I had my DH send out all of the notifications for me. He's such a stickler...wouldn't even tell me who I had. He said I had to wait for the e-mail. :teehee:

You could always do the matches for the two price ranges you're not in, and have him do the third one. :D

Angelia
11-24-2006, 09:37 AM
Ang, I'm involved in a secret santa thing right now and I had my DH send out all of the notifications for me. He's such a stickler...wouldn't even tell me who I had. He said I had to wait for the e-mail. :teehee:

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Wow, he takes his role seriously!

You could always do the matches for the two price ranges you're not in, and have him do the third one. :D

Ooh, that would work, actually! People are only choosing groups b & c, but that doesn't really matter.

rebecca
11-24-2006, 01:15 PM
Hey Ya'll :waving: As most of you know, I'm on bedrest...well, right now I'm cheating a bit because I (and our fearless leader, Angelia) thought it only fair that we let you (whoever you, poor, defenseless sock swapper may be) know what you are in for when you get me :wink:
I am giving you a very brief glimpse:

I'm a sock yarn snob, I :!!!: don't like acrylics and the like..yuck!
I tolerate a nice wool or silk or bamboo or blend of any of these. In other words....a stellar, excellent sock yarn...yummy sock yarns....this is a MUST!
I've stated those fibers that I tolerate, the preferred and usual fiber for my socks is and always will be the new (no split ends!), golden hair of young virgins....if you can't find the golden hair of these children, then red, brunette and black will do....but, it must NOT be mixed, I don't like my hair of virgin socks to be variegated.
GOT THAT?!

trollgirl
11-24-2006, 01:22 PM
I'm afraid to join sock swap now... :hiding:

:mrgreen:

Angelia
11-24-2006, 01:28 PM

Becka just has very refined tastes....VERY refined... :teehee:

She wanted silk straight from the silkworms, but I told her that might be a bit much to ask on such short notice, harvesting being so time consuming and all... :rofl:

rebecca
11-24-2006, 02:05 PM

Becka just has very refined tastes....VERY refined... :teehee:

She wanted silk straight from the silkworms, but I told her that might be a bit much to ask on such short notice, harvesting being so time consuming and all... :rofl:

I still think that freshly harvested silk should NOT be a problem...we have until FEB, for goodness sakes!

lissalue
11-24-2006, 04:37 PM
i am so looking forward to this!!! like christine though, they may be my first pair, especially at the rate my christmas knitting is going!!!

KellyK
11-24-2006, 04:53 PM
I told her that might be a bit much to ask on such short notice, harvesting being so time consuming and all... :rofl:

Of course, virgins can grow out their hair ON COMMAND and at a MOMENT'S notice!! :teehee:

Angelia
11-24-2006, 05:56 PM
I told her that might be a bit much to ask on such short notice, harvesting being so time consuming and all... :rofl:

Of course, virgins can grow out their hair ON COMMAND and at a MOMENT'S notice!! :teehee:

But they require less work, though they are harder to catch...

rebecca
11-24-2006, 06:21 PM

But they require less work, though they are harder to catch...

Whatever it takes... :shrug: ...... I don't need to know the details about however it's done...I just need to know it's the correct sock yarn...AND, I can tell just by looking :tap:

knitqueen
11-24-2006, 07:31 PM
I'm skeeeeered :out: :teehee:

KellyK
11-24-2006, 11:19 PM
OHHH, that Becka!! :hug:

Liliyarn
11-25-2006, 01:41 AM
So what price range would that put you in...what's virgin hair going for these days...???
:shrug:

*hoping like 'ell...that she's not the one I draw....I'd rather have R's girlie feet....unless he asked for wacked out fiber too....*

And just so everyone else knows...I'm a spinner. I have a very fluffy cat....and I love spinning sock weight singles....

'nuff said :twisted:

Angelia
11-25-2006, 08:44 AM
So Lily...If I send you a big bag of cat hair... :roflhard:

KellyK
11-25-2006, 10:02 AM
SERIOUSLY??? OH how INTERESTING! Have you worn cat socks before???

Liliyarn
11-25-2006, 01:41 PM
Angelia
I'd mix it with wool and spin it :D

Kelly -
No I've never worn cat socks. Pet fur is a lot like angora. Very fluffy and hot. So in all reality they wouldn't make very good socks. Well, if you live in a place that gets below 0 then maybe....or I could just throw in a tiny bit for a fuzziness factor....

Angelia
11-25-2006, 02:54 PM
Ew, like angora? It gives me the sniffles, as does the cat hair sheen on everything in the house. Guess I won't bother sending the cat hair ;)

rebecca
11-25-2006, 06:16 PM
*hoping like 'ell...that she's not the one I draw....I'd rather have R's girlie feet....unless he asked for wacked out fiber too....*

:pout: I am shattered......Not only does the doc have me on bedrest, but now....I feel, well...unloved :verysad: :violin:

I'm now off to the bed...to knit, and cry :roflhard: :rofl: :roflhard:

earthchick
11-25-2006, 08:14 PM
I'm in! I just sent in my questionnaire - I'm so excited!

Becka, I'd love to get selected as your pal! :muah: I'd be perfectly happy to knit with freshly harvested silk, or pure virgin hair. It would definitely suit the fiber snob in me. :teehee:

Liliyarn
11-25-2006, 08:56 PM
:pout: I am shattered......Not only does the doc have me on bedrest, but now....I feel, well...unloved :verysad: :violin:

I've got the silk....but definitely no virgin hair. So, unless you supply that fiber, I dunna wanna knit fur ewe...sorry.....

Oh wait...my kittie is a virgin...does that count? :rofl: :rofl:

Hope you feel better and at least you can knit in bed :happydance:

Jenelle
11-25-2006, 10:26 PM
I've got the silk....but definitely no virgin hair. So, unless you supply that fiber, I dunna wanna knit fur ewe...sorry.....

Want me to shave my head hair and send it to you? :rofl:

Angelia
11-26-2006, 08:51 AM
Oh wait...my kittie is a virgin...does that count?

Want me to shave my head hair and send it to you?

OMG, you two!

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

sara_jayne
11-26-2006, 03:25 PM
I'm in! :cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

Liliyarn
11-26-2006, 05:19 PM

Want me to shave my head hair and send it to you? :rofl:

It's so heart warming....that someone would make that sacrafice for rebecca's *perfect* socks......now how can she say she isn't loved??? We're shaving our heads for her....and I'll tell you what since you're shaving your head, and I'll mix it with silk and unicorn mane.....plus I'll knit it using the feathers from the golden goose while sitting in rupunzelle's tower being entertained by the singing toad. That should make some special socks....good enough for becca's tastes....

:roflhard:

Angelia
11-26-2006, 07:09 PM
I dunno...she's pretty picky. I'll bet she'll have a problem with the unicorn mane...it probably needs to be a virgin unicorn, born on the first full moon after the summer solstice but NOT if that full moon occurs on a Monday.

KellyK
11-26-2006, 07:38 PM
She'd be NUTS! The Monday Unicorns are the BEST ONES!!! :shrug:

thischicknits
11-26-2006, 08:37 PM
What a difference a few days makes - I check in and I'm reading about virgins, cat hair, unicorns and full moons? :shock: WOW - I really like you guys!! And here I thought we'd be knitting socks. Silly me.

Liliyarn
11-26-2006, 08:52 PM
Not just any socks….socks made of handspun virgin hair, freshly harvested silk, and mane of a virgin unicorn born on the first Non-Monday full moon after the summer solstice, knit with the feathers of the golden goose while in rupunzelle’s tower accompanied by the singing toad….

Do I need to mention that the spinning wheel is made from the Tree of Life and hand carved by Noah himself? He made it while on the arc…..

Whew….

Feel the love beccca….feel it. :muah:

Am I the only one who’s already window shopping for sock yarn? Looking for great yarn and good prices. Any excuse to shop for sock yarn…

I want them all....

rebecca
11-26-2006, 10:35 PM
OMGoodness, YES! I am feeling the love and I needed it, too! :muah:
Ya'll are too great....I must say, I was thinking that I might be thought of as 'going overboard' had I mentioned the unicorn mane (with the correct days, as ya'll have pointed out :teehee: ) but it just shows me that my knitty buds know me so well AND that says a lot to me, my friends...more than you will ever know :grphug: :muah: :grphug:

Ya'll are the best :muah:
Oh, I forgot to mention, I've been doing a paraffin foot wax twice daily to prepare for these socks, too....can't have a hang nail or anything (as if I ever have :angelgrin: ).

Luv u LOTS, I'm off to have the servants massage my feet (with oils of the fruit and roots of mysterious, ancient trees) while I'm on bedrest...this, too, prepping for the socks (not the bedrest, the massages :wink:).

Angelia
11-26-2006, 11:53 PM
I'm off to have the servants massage my feet (with oils of the fruit and roots of mysterious, ancient trees) while I'm on bedrest...this, too, prepping for the socks (not the bedrest, the massages :wink:).

Should we have virgins handwash the socks and block them using blocking tools imbued with essential oils from the fruit and roots of mysterious ancient trees? Just curious.

KellyK
11-27-2006, 01:32 AM
That's a mighty fancy footrub there, Becca! :teehee:

rebecca
11-27-2006, 05:32 AM
Should we have virgins handwash the socks and block them using blocking tools imbued with essential oils from the fruit and roots of mysterious ancient trees? Just curious.

I thought that was a given!

That's a mighty fancy footrub there, Becca!

Just part of being me :wink:

Angelia
11-27-2006, 07:44 AM
:rofl: :rofl:

Angelia
11-27-2006, 11:52 PM
Okay, we have 27 people so far!!!

C'mon, let's try to make it to 50!! :happydance: :happydance:

jhelanee
11-28-2006, 12:03 AM
:waving:

I'm going to join in, but I can't get you my info until later this week at the earliest. How long do I have again?

sara_jayne
11-28-2006, 12:08 AM
You have until the 16th of December Jen!

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!! :heart:

Angelia
11-28-2006, 12:23 AM
Jen, SJ is going to follow you all around the forum, just so she can keep wishing you good luck... :rofl:

KellyK
11-28-2006, 08:39 AM
Is is Dec 16th yet?????? :!!!:

Angelia
11-28-2006, 09:00 AM
No...patience, grasshopper! ;)

And sadly, we've already had a withdrawal from the swap--we're at 26 again.

sara_jayne
11-28-2006, 09:05 AM
Jen, SJ is going to follow you all around the forum, just so she can keep wishing you good luck... :rofl:

:teehee: I posted it in here first and then figured I'd better cover all my bases! :teehee: Just sharing the love! :heart:

Angelia
11-28-2006, 09:13 AM
Cuz you're so sweet that way!! :hug: :heart: :hug:

KellyK
11-28-2006, 09:34 AM
No...patience, grasshopper! ;)

And sadly, we've already had a withdrawal from the swap--we're at 26 again.

Well, STINK!!! :pout:

And, you are correct! I have NO... PATIENCE, GRASSHOPPER! :!!!:

sara_jayne
11-28-2006, 10:07 AM
Cuz you're so sweet that way!! :hug: :heart: :hug:

:aww:

Angelia
11-28-2006, 11:29 AM
Well, STINK!!! :pout:

And, you are correct! I have NO... PATIENCE, GRASSHOPPER! :!!!:

:roflhard: :roflhard:

Leah22b
11-28-2006, 02:08 PM
:happydance: Woohoo :happydance:
I just PMed my info. in. I keep getting an error when I try the Yahoo Groups pages though. :??

I hope I don't screw up anyones socks...... This will be only my second pair ever made.

Have a great day!
Leah

On needles:
Alpaca Belt; Alpaca lace Mobius; Bliss Mobius; Blend Scarf;
These 2 have gotten pushed to the bottom...lol Kilt Hose; Fisherman's pancho

Angelia
11-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Hey, those first-ever socks look fantastic! You should see mine... :oops:

Yahoo should work now that you've gotten your invite! :happydance:

jhelanee
11-28-2006, 02:47 PM

:teehee: I posted it in here first and then figured I'd better cover all my bases! :teehee: Just sharing the love! :heart:

:teehee: :teehee: Thanks - I like the love. :muah:

Leah22b
11-28-2006, 04:08 PM
Hey, those first-ever socks look fantastic! You should see mine... :oops:

Yahoo should work now that you've gotten your invite! :happydance:

Thanks I got in! The picture being so small helps a lot... :teehee: I won't tell you I had to knit the 2nd one backwards to get it to match the first one :oops: .... Oops did I say that out loud. :doh:

Regardless of my mistakes Lili is a good teacher even though she doesn't think so...

Have a great day!
Leah

Angelia
11-28-2006, 07:58 PM
What do you mean you knit it backwards? :?? Toe-up?

Leah22b
11-29-2006, 02:05 PM
What do you mean you knit it backwards? :?? Toe-up?

When you were supposed to knit you had to pearl instead. I think somewhere on the first one (probably around the heal flap) I got mixed up and started on the inside instead of the outside(probably about the time I was frogging for the 4th time). I'm not 100% sure, but it looks kind of cool... and they match...lol :happydance:

Have a great day!
Leah

Angelia
11-29-2006, 11:47 PM
OH!!! I know exactly what happened! I did that a few times when I first started knitting in the round. At least you got them to match! :cheering:

KellyK
11-30-2006, 12:01 AM
Some people do that on PURPOSE... its called the "princess foot" because the V side of stockinette is smoother against our dainty little soles. :teehee:

I didnt think we were using the yahoo group, Ang... :??

Liliyarn
11-30-2006, 03:28 AM
Yup...all I told her was that it isn't a mistake if you can repeat the stitch..it's a design feature :teehee:

See Leah got all fancy with "princess" heels on your first "real" sock.

Is it dec 15th yet?......

mulene
11-30-2006, 07:23 AM
*drive by* I'm almost finished my second sock on the fourth pair! Next up, I'll be working out how to do toe up socks. I have some yummy regia silk sock yarn but its not a huge amount. If I do toe up I can stop when I hit the end of the balls!

Can't wait to do this!

Angelia
11-30-2006, 09:03 AM
I'm also anxious for this to start!! :tap:

Oh, the yahoo thing just keeps everyone in one place--it's easier for me to see peeps. We'll be talking about socktastic-ness here, though.

Think Rebecca prefers the "princess foot"? :teehee:

Stiney
11-30-2006, 10:13 AM
Only if the "princess foot" sock has been blessed by Vestal Virgins during the third new moon of the year, as counted from the Spring Equinox. :teehee:

Angelia
11-30-2006, 10:29 AM

As long as it's not a Monday...

mwedzi
11-30-2006, 11:26 AM
I had to rip back 1/2 a sock this morning because I realized I wasn't going to have enough to finish it. :frog: Next socks are being down toe-up! :wall: I was using Claudia Handpainted yarns in Ink for socks for my stepfather, and apparently, 50grams is not enough to make a sock with a 7" cuff in ribbing for a men's size 10. To me that doesn't seem unreasonably large, but oh well. This yarn is thicker than the sock yarn I just used in the cursed Online socks, so I guess it doesn't go as far. I was done decreasing for the gusset when I realized this and had to frog back to 5 1/2". Curse it all!

Leah22b
11-30-2006, 12:02 PM
:frog: ... lol... I love this icon its so cute... That was me last night as well... only not so cute...lol Remind me never to put lace alpaca on metal needles... oh what a horrible mess. If I wasn't so upset last night I probably would have been singing slip slip sliding away... :whistle: I'm going to try again tonight only with Bamboo needles instead... I hope that helps... as I have 2 lace projects to do before Christmas and some really nice soft squishy lace alpaca that I want to use.

Have a great day!
Leah :hair:

Angelia
11-30-2006, 12:19 PM
Mmm! Alpaca! :inlove:

Sorry about the :frog: and not having enough yarn! :pout: That happens to me all the time. The :frog: and the yarn shortage. Someday I'll learn the secret to buying enough to finish a project. :roll:

Rorshach
11-30-2006, 02:38 PM
Someday I'll learn the secret to buying enough to finish a project. :roll:

Easy enough to solve. just buy the whole store, then you won't have to worry about the yarn shortage, unless the sheepies decide to go on strike, Or KellyK has been holding up the yarn convoys again, THEN I'd be worried. :roflhard:

Angelia
11-30-2006, 04:19 PM

I'm more worried about Ingy holding up the yarn convoys! I've seen her stash, and I'm pretty sure I know how it got that big! :oo:

I have tried buying more than the pattern says and still ended up short. Though Yarn Harlot says if you use much more than the pattern requires, it will come back somehow (like when her sweater grew 4 feet longer when she washed it :rofl: ).

Leah22b
11-30-2006, 04:52 PM
:shifty: :hiding: heheehe

I'm just building my stash so maybe it will be me sneaking up and stealing the yarn...

Some day I'll have a stash to rival everyones....lol :notworthy:

Have a great day!
Leah

Angelia
11-30-2006, 05:37 PM
Mine stash is actually very small. I think it might fill up one of those big black hefty bags.

Rorshach
11-30-2006, 08:40 PM
I don't have a stash, mine is only big enough for to be called a "st"

jolenel
11-30-2006, 09:03 PM
My latest silly sock-knitting problem:

I got the yarn and pattern for the KP Simple Stripes pattern a few weeks ago and started on sock #1. Somehow, I couldn't get the heel centered by following the pattern exactly, so I improvised. Then I got to the foot and...lost one of my DPNs! :wall: So I'm stuck until I go to the store.

This was my first Fair Isle project, and it's sooooo fun! I ought to get a new set of size 2's anyways. Most of my DPNs are from an eBay lot of needles, and I only had 2 size 2 needles (now 1). My "set" actually consisted of 2 size 2 needles and 2 size 3 needles.

Angelia
11-30-2006, 09:05 PM
Gah, how frustrating to lose a dpn! :-x

I use extras when I knit socks, so I usually have two sets of the sizes I knit with most often.

jolenel
11-30-2006, 09:09 PM
I might've left that DPN at my parents' place over Thanksgiving, but I need new needles regardless! :teehee: My needle stash is small, like my yarn stash. I have my Options though, and that takes care of most needle needs!

Except not sock needle needs. :doh:

thischicknits
11-30-2006, 11:51 PM
My dpn's keep disappearing too - but I found their hiding place. After my DH :grrr: at me for leaving small pointy dpn presents in the general area of his pillow after falling asleep a few times after knitting in bed, he learned to check under his pillow before laying down his head. :teehee:

Angelia
12-01-2006, 08:00 AM
:roflhard: Who knew sleeping could be so hazardous!

I tend to be neglectful and leave dpns on the coffee table. "Toys!" the kitties think. :-x

KellyK
12-01-2006, 08:09 AM
I'm more worried about Ingy holding up the yarn convoys!

Ingy has her OWN yarn convoy!!

Mein stash is actually very small.
:thinking: Hmmm... "Mein Stash".... isnt that some kind of yarny world domination propaganda book??

I don't have a stash, mine is only big enough for to be called a "st"
:pout:

I use extras when I knit socks
Do you have a special Ang-technique that you havent told us about? How many do you use?

I have 2 sets of all my sock needles (except for 1's because I dont like 'em), too, because I like to knit them both at once... seems to go faster that way and they are guaranteed to be the same.

Angelia
12-01-2006, 08:57 AM
OMG, did I actually write "mein stash"? :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Oh yes, Ingy DOES have her own convoy! She has the knitting van of harmony that leads it! :roflhard:

I use extra needles when picking up the gusset stitches: two needles on the heel flap, one for the gusset stitches on one side, two for the instep, and one for the other gusset stitches. The extras make the gussets easier to work. Then I slowly get rid of the extra two needles as I do the gusset decreases and return to the usual four.

KellyK
12-01-2006, 09:00 AM
OMG, did I actually write "mein stash"? :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
no. :teehee: :teehee: :teehee:

WOW you're FAINCY![/i]

Angelia
12-01-2006, 09:53 AM
Oh...I wrote "mine"--I'm not sure which is worse, being a Stash Nazi or being illiterate. :roflhard: I teach English fer cryin' out loud! :oops:

Leah22b
12-01-2006, 12:15 PM
My stash still fits into 2 Granny bags as my BF calls it... (Big quilted totes) Even with Lili's attempt to fill my car... :cheering: ..... I love clean out time (I should say other peoples clean out time not my own... :happydance: )...Woohoo. Get ride of the old and bring in the new, and whats old for you is new for me Yeah. :present: It's like Christmas came early...lol

By the way.... Bamboo Needles work much better with Alpaca Lace xxx ... I'm back in business...Yeah... only 23 more days to finish... :shock: Oh boy... Def. into stage 3 boarderline stage 4 of IT!

Have a great day!
Leah

Leah22b
12-01-2006, 01:31 PM
This is just too cool. I have to pass it along.

You Tube - Real Men Knit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jYa_rJyG18

Have a great day!
Leah

thischicknits
12-01-2006, 10:43 PM
Angelia - I think being an illiterate Stash Nazi is far worse than being either just a Stash Nazi or only illiterate. Just my opinion. :shrug:

Angelia
12-01-2006, 10:59 PM

Rorshach
12-02-2006, 03:22 AM
hehe Angelia, I think you now have a new title, and that being "Stash Nazi". heh Heil Knitler! :pout: :roflhard: :roflhard:

Liliyarn
12-02-2006, 03:28 AM
13 more days.........ugh............ :verysad:

Angelia
12-02-2006, 08:28 AM
Heil Knitler! :pout: :roflhard: :roflhard:

:roflhard: I just choked on my coffee--nice one! :thumbsup:

I know Lily...it seems like it's taking forEVER for this to get here! But people are still signing up! :happydance:

Vendie
12-02-2006, 09:13 AM
re: the dpns - I have so many sets of size 1 and 2, I could probably knit an army of socks all at once. Mostly b/c I lose them. Or Monkey decides that they'd make a good snack. Or Emmie thinks that we'll never come home again. Or...

But it does make it easier to have sock ADD :teehee:

thischicknits
12-02-2006, 11:59 AM
Knitler? :roflhard: :roflhard: That's a scream!

Angelia
12-03-2006, 08:50 AM
Just updating to keep things in order! :happydance: Here are the participants from whom I have received questionniares via PM.

(If your name is not on the list, but you sent a PM, then please re-send it. Sometimes PMs get stuck in the outbox, never going anywhere. :pout:)

1. KellyK
2. mintdee
3. horve1
4. AmandaC
5. mulene
6. knitqueen
7. jolenel
8. Friskums
9. Liliyarn
10. allegra918
11. lissalue
12. Jenelle
13. thischicknits
14. ~babydill~
15. Julie
16. Hsiaokuo62
17. Rorshach
18. KnittyKitty
19. Shandeh
20. rebecca
21. monzogary
22. mwedzi
23. cawthraven
24. cara
25. jcmom
26. Leah22b
27. cheesiesmom
28. jrsas
29. Angelia
30. FiberGirl
31. sara_jayne
32. earthchick
33. jberry16
34. Nan101
35. knottydaisy
36. jhelanee
37. KnittinMitchie
38. Andrea

If you have not yet signed up for the swap, doooo iiiiit! :cheering: The questionnaire is here (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?t=20679&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=45). You still have time--the deadline is December 16th.

Stiney
12-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Yes, ma'am, Knitler, ma'am!

Angelia
12-03-2006, 10:39 AM

thischicknits
12-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Uhm, Angelia, where is YOUR name on the list? :shrug:

Angelia
12-03-2006, 11:48 AM
I'm a given! But I can add myself if you'd like. ;)

Vendie
12-03-2006, 07:20 PM
Ang, my name isn't on there, but I'm pretty sure you got my questionnaire. Can you double check?

Angelia
12-03-2006, 07:32 PM
:oops:

I'm a doofus! You're on the list now! :muah: :muah:

allegra918
12-03-2006, 09:26 PM
Cool! There are 30 of us already!!

Vendie
12-03-2006, 09:35 PM
:oops:

I'm a doofus! You're on the list now! :muah: :muah:

I can't believe you forgot about me :pout:

:teehee: :muah:

Angelia
12-03-2006, 10:41 PM
I can't believe you forgot about me

I could never forget my Vendie!!! :muah: :muah: :muah:

And yes, we're at 30! :woot:

Leah22b
12-04-2006, 12:15 PM
Woohoo... 30 :cheering: and 12 more days to wait... :pout:

Have a great day!
Leah

sara_jayne
12-04-2006, 12:37 PM
:verysad: But she can forget about me! :verysad:

Angelia
12-04-2006, 01:22 PM
What? Ack! :waah:

Okay, when I get home, I will double-check the PMs I have against the list I have.

I don't want to leave out my SJ either! :muah: :muah: :muah:

Wow, it's a good thing I posted the list of names! :doh:

Liliyarn
12-04-2006, 02:04 PM
are we there yet????

:pout:

jberry16
12-04-2006, 06:49 PM
I just thank God that knitted socks stretch. I have wide, flat feet. Shoes REALLY hurt sometimes.
me too-why haven't i seen this I wanna play too :happydance:

earthchick
12-04-2006, 06:50 PM
I don't see my name on the list either - but I sent the questionnaire in and got your PM back. Can you double-check and let me know if I need to re-send?

jberry16
12-04-2006, 07:15 PM
I just PMd you!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited! never done anything like this but I LOVE to do socks!!! :woot:

Angelia
12-04-2006, 08:46 PM
OK--Julie and Stacey, you're on the list now. So are you, SJ!

Sorry about the mishap!

sara_jayne
12-04-2006, 09:07 PM
:muah: :muah: :muah: I wuvs you Ang! :muah: :muah: :muah:

Angelia
12-04-2006, 11:16 PM
:muah: :muah: :muah:

I wuvs you, too!!

AmandaC
12-05-2006, 05:46 AM
ummmmm :shrug: Andrea's name wasn't on the list :shrug: is she not playing ?? :pout:

Angelia
12-05-2006, 09:26 AM
No, she hasn't joined. I think we should :poke: her until she does! :twisted:

cheesiesmom
12-05-2006, 10:30 AM
I made the list!! Haven't been this excited in years. :happydance: And Astrids is having a sale on trekking.

Andrea
12-05-2006, 10:48 AM
Ouch! I'm thinking about it still. I'm really bad about the SSS :pout:

AmandaC
12-05-2006, 10:56 AM
but if you are knitting for someone else - you probably won't get sss .... you'll get 'I've got to finish this for xxxx by February' instead :flirt:

Angelia
12-05-2006, 11:02 AM
That's my thinking too, Amanda. C'mon Andrea!! You can do it!

jberry16
12-05-2006, 03:14 PM
how is everyone planning on doing there socks; dpn, 4 or 5, 2 circs or magic loop???
just curious, I'd love to try 2 circs but prolly wont b/c I want to make them look nice with as few mistakes as possible. What's your fav. method?

horve1
12-05-2006, 03:46 PM
DPNs for sure, 'cause I haven't done them on circs or magic loop yet and don't want to experiment for this. 4 or 5 will depend on the pattern I go with.

knitqueen
12-05-2006, 03:50 PM
Magic loop, all the way!!

Friskums
12-05-2006, 04:26 PM
I want to try this (http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall06/FEATextreme2in1.html). But I'll probably just do 2 circs since I'm really used to that.

KnittinMitchie
12-05-2006, 04:29 PM
On DPNS for sure. Depending on what my person says I'm goingto use the sock pattern i wrote for myself. I managed to loose on of US6 DPN's which are my sock needles.

jberry16
12-05-2006, 04:52 PM
I want to try this (http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall06/FEATextreme2in1.html). But I'll probably just do 2 circs since I'm really used to that.
that looks interesting too, I'm trying two toe up on one long circ right now, just got the toe increases done...I'll keep you informed. Never done toe up or magic loop before.

Vendie
12-05-2006, 04:57 PM
dpns for me. gee, I sure hope my partner likes lacy socks, b/c that's what makes up my sock pattern collection.

Andrea
12-05-2006, 05:01 PM
Alright, I signed up! QUIT YER POKIN'! :!!!:

I think I'll do DPNS, but we'll see :shrug:

Friskums
12-05-2006, 06:01 PM
If I don't do the knitty thing, I'll be doing the 2 socks on 2 circs, toe up.

Quite, uh, ambitious for someone who's never knit socks before. :teehee: :teehee:

Stiney
12-05-2006, 06:25 PM
Alright, I signed up! QUIT YER POKIN'! :!!!:

:blooby: :woot: :blooby:
:woot: :blooby: :woot:
:blooby: :woot: :blooby:

Andrea
12-05-2006, 07:30 PM

:hug: Ang must have been really looking forward to me joining. She hasn't been on since I sent her the PM! :!!!:

Angelia
12-05-2006, 08:13 PM
:!!!: :!!!: :!!!:

I got your PM Smarty Sockpants! :-x

( :hug: :heart: Thanks for overcoming your SSS! :muah:)

:psst: Andrea says her feet are 24" long....

jberry16
12-05-2006, 08:28 PM
y'all are crazy, I love it! :muah:

Hildegard_von_Knittin
12-05-2006, 08:29 PM
I found this baby pic of Andrea,,,,

http://www.bits.webhs.org/blog/big%20feet.gif

jberry16
12-05-2006, 08:33 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:
With my luck I'll get her, jk Andrea-I don't mind.

mwedzi
12-05-2006, 08:35 PM
:roflhard:

Angelia
12-05-2006, 08:42 PM

Andrea
12-05-2006, 09:15 PM

I blame my mistake on Amanda...that whole foreign MM thing... :teehee: I'm so stooooopid that it didn't even register when I wrote it! :teehee:

jberry16
12-05-2006, 09:22 PM
I just have to say Poor Andrea, what'd you do to deserve this picking on?

Andrea
12-05-2006, 10:01 PM
They say they love me but... :shrug:

KellyK
12-05-2006, 10:13 PM
Uhm, Angelia, where is YOUR name on the list? :shrug:
:waving: :cheering: :waving: :cheering: :waving: HI MARGARET!!!! :waving: :cheering: :waving: :cheering: :waving:

:psst: Hey, Everybody! That's my Margaret! She's one of the "regulars" at Chix! She's another one of Howie's WEEEMEN!

Get a second set of DPNs and you can knit both socks at once! I do it that way and they FLY by!

Im SOOOOOOOOOO glad you're in!!! :muah: :muah: :muah:

Angelia
12-05-2006, 10:18 PM
They say they love me but... :shrug:

We dooooo!! :hug: :heart: :hug:

Hi Margaret! When I saw your addy, I meant to ask if you knew Kelly! :teehee:

KellyK
12-06-2006, 01:20 AM
Margaret is SO FUNNNNNN!!!!!!

And, you should see the cheeks on her DD! :heart:

catownedanna
12-06-2006, 02:26 AM
This post's Swedish word/phrase: "Övertala mig!!!" = "Talk me into this!!!"
_____

I can't decide if I want to do this or not... Talk me into it!!! :teehee:

want2knit
12-06-2006, 02:38 AM
Ouch! I'm thinking about it still. I'm really bad about the SSS :pout:

See below. I'm thinking about it though! Someone tell me to go for it. I've only knit one sock but it was fun and took way longer than it probably should have! Can I really finish 2 socks in 2 months?!

Liliyarn
12-06-2006, 03:33 AM
I usually do two circs, but may also dive into two socks on two circs at the same time toe up. I've never done toe up before....

Either way, I plan on doing two at the same time.

It all depends on what my sock swap buddy wants....and man I want to shop for sock yarn soooooo bad.......