PDA

View Full Version : Specific videos not working - very frustrating

MrTea
11-08-2006, 10:33 PM
The videos:

"Duplicate Stitch Join" and "Double Knit-in join"

Are not working!

Other videos seem to work fine.

Can these be fixed? Anyone have any ideas or advice?

brendajos
11-08-2006, 10:50 PM
:thinking: they are both working on my computer here at the office.

MrTea
11-08-2006, 11:04 PM
:thinking: they are both working on my computer here at the office.

Hmm...

I'll have to try another computer.

gardenmommy
11-08-2006, 11:07 PM
http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/videos//bas-tech-more/duplicate-stitch-join.mpg

http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/videos//bas-tech-more/double-knit-in-join.mpg

Here are the direct links, maybe those will work for you?

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-08-2006, 11:29 PM
Mr Tea, if they still don't work for you, there are some "video trouble shooting" tips at the bottom of the home page (www.knittinghelp.com) .

If that doesn't work, PM me and I'll let Amy know.

skNYC
11-09-2006, 12:21 AM
Can you play the Correcting a stitch without unraveling rows under "fixing Mistakes"? The reason I am asking is your computer might have memory limit for the buffering because the clips you tried to play are longer than the average clips (I think); and this other one is pretty long too.

What exactly happens when you mean they are not working?

PS - is the avator a real photo of you or it's the TV character?

MrTea
11-09-2006, 12:34 AM
They work just fine on the other computer. Hmm, an enigma.

Both machines have plenty of RAM and are both running the latest version of firefox and quicktime.

Tried this machine again and it still dosn't work. Weird.

What exactly happens when you mean they are not working?

It plays for about 30 seconds and then just stops.

PS - is the avator a real photo of you or it's the TV character?

It's real. :hmm:

MrTea
11-09-2006, 12:40 AM
Actually, I've been concidering changing the avatar and the screen name. It's so 2005, i'm like so totally over it. :roll:

Here's the real me skNYC...

skNYC
11-09-2006, 12:42 AM
Did you try the Correcting a stitch without unraveling rows on the " bad" computer?

MrTea
11-09-2006, 12:50 AM
Did you try the Correcting a stitch without unraveling rows on the " bad" computer?

Yup. That one works fine on the "bad" computer.

brendajos
11-09-2006, 01:05 AM
wait...someone was having trouble with them starting and stopping part way in a few days ago...don't know if they got it fixed or not.... :thinking:

nice pic btw

skNYC
11-09-2006, 01:06 AM
Yup. That one works fine on the "bad" computer.
You might want to ask Amy to send you the clips to see if they work without the link.

I thought Mr.T was from the 80's? Yes, change the avartar is a good idea since it's so outdated.

brendajos
11-09-2006, 01:07 AM
well here's (http://www.knittinghelp.com/knitting/forum/viewtopic.php?p=295954#295954) the thread but i don't see a conclusion to it....

janelanespaintbrush
11-09-2006, 07:34 AM
I thought Mr.T was from the 80's? Yes, change the avartar is a good idea since it's so outdated.

His heyday may be over, but Mr. T. will have a special place in our hearts forever! :teehee: I had to say that to stick up for a friend who is a huge A-Team fan, esp. Mr. T. I got him "Mr. T. in your pocket" for Christmas once (it's a little key chain that plays several of his most popular quotes) and he carries it around with him wherever he goes. That way he has it handy whenever the perfect opportunity to say "Quit your jibba jabba!" presents itself (it's surprisingly frequent). :rofl:

Stiney
11-09-2006, 09:00 AM
Mr. T is never outdated! I pity the foo who don't like Mr. T!

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-09-2006, 12:05 PM
:shifty:

Mr Tea is cute

:teehee:

Stiney
11-09-2006, 12:08 PM
:shifty:

Mr Tea is cute

Really cute. :eyebrow:

MrTea
11-09-2006, 12:14 PM
Mr Tea is cute

I know, what a hunk. :heart:

His dog is cute too.

And his sisters.

brendajos
11-09-2006, 12:18 PM
your sisters are cute...but what you doin' taggin' yer dog...and if he gets fat you gonna put an L on his forhead? sheesh...it is like the scarlet letter

janelanespaintbrush
11-09-2006, 12:20 PM
if he gets fat you gonna put an L on his forhead?

:roflhard: :roflhard: :roflhard:

MrTea
11-09-2006, 12:21 PM
your sisters are cute...but what you doin' taggin' yer dog...and if he gets fat you gonna put an L on his forhead? sheesh...it is like the scarlet letter

He has already moved from S to M in the time we've had him.

Hildegard_von_Knittin
11-09-2006, 02:49 PM
Those are your sisters?? How old are they??

CreativeCreature
11-09-2006, 03:50 PM
I was the one having the video loading problem. I never really got it worked out. It never worked on the Mac and my desktop (running Windows xp) wouldn't cooperate either.
I sat and reloaded the video over and over until it loaded the entire thing but it took 20 minutes. After that, it played all the way through. It just took forever. I also had to click on the direct link to the videos b/c they wouldn't play (or load) any other way.
And as of today, still the same problem. :shrug: Don't understand why but kinda glad it's not just me. (Sorry Mr. Cutie, uh, TEA! Mr. TEA!!) :teehee:

skNYC
11-09-2006, 03:51 PM
Mr. T:
I don't think everyone believes they are your sisters ;)

Because:
- you are cute so you can't be single
- they look kind of like 20 yrs younger than you (don't kill me now)
- they are cute so they might be your daughters

:flirt:

MrTea
11-09-2006, 04:31 PM
Mr. T:
I don't think everyone believes they are your sisters ;)

Because:
- you are cute so you can't be single
- they look kind of like 20 yrs younger than you (don't kill me now)
- they are cute so they might be your daughters

:flirt:

Yes, they are my sisters. There is 11 years difference between me and the oldest one who is 19.

20 YEARS YOUNGER!!! :shock: Daughters! :shock: Do I look that old?! :doh: Time must have ravaged my once youthful looks.

I have no offspring, that's how I can afford to buy the yarn I use. :teehee: No offence to those of you that like children, but... THANK GOD! I have plenty of sisters to spoil, don't need any more. Plus, they will probably have children some day ( :pray: hopefully not too soon), that's good enough for me.

I am "single" in that I am not (and never have been) married. However, I do have an Amy that I love very much. But that doesn't mean that I don't enjoy all the attention I get here.

MrTea
11-09-2006, 04:35 PM
P.S. She doesn't have red eyes in real life.

MrTea
11-09-2006, 04:46 PM
Those are your sisters?? How old are they??

From left to right: 18, 19 and 15

skNYC
11-09-2006, 06:09 PM
Hm, excuse me! I didn't mean you were old, but I thought the girls were lot younger. Amy looks like she is 15. Maybe the area you live is just a good place to preserve youth. :D

janelanespaintbrush
11-09-2006, 06:16 PM
Maybe the area you live is just a good place to preserve youth. :D

...except that it apparently doesn't work for Mr. Tea! :teehee: Actually, I was wondering whether you were going to get in trouble for your accusation because I didn't think he looked quite old enough to have teenage kids. :rofl: It's hard to tell when you can't see the eyes, I think.

skNYC
11-09-2006, 06:20 PM
:rofl: It's hard to tell when you can't see the eyes, I think.

See, it is not my fault.

janelanespaintbrush: are you hinting Mr. T for a photo without glasses?

MrTea
11-09-2006, 06:21 PM
Amy looks 15? Wow. She is 30, just like me. That is an old picture though. She may be 26 in that photo. She is still just as pretty, but I don't have a better recent photo of her on hand.

No offence taken.

janelanespaintbrush
11-09-2006, 06:27 PM
janelanespaintbrush: are you hinting Mr. T for a photo without glasses?

:teehee: Uh, no. I'm happily married, thanks. Anyway, I've always been attracted to tall, skinny, boyish looking men like DH. (I really lucked out when I found him because he is totally "my type" physically as well as otherwise. :heart:)

I was actually trying to make you feel a little better about being mistaken because it's totally understandable.

MrTea
11-09-2006, 06:42 PM
Well, I am certainly not tall, skinny or (apperantly) boyish looking. :teehee:

I didn't understand what you meant by not being able to see the eyes. Then I realized i'm wearing my glasses in that photo. LOL I tried to find another, but my glasses are always on, I guess. Those transitions lenses.

I found this one. Although, I'm not sure it will help.

brendajos
11-09-2006, 07:18 PM
sooooooo....just out of curiosity....Did you get the videos working? :teehee:

AnreeAce
11-09-2006, 07:18 PM
:roflhard: :roflhard:

MrTea
11-09-2006, 07:59 PM
sooooooo....just out of curiosity....Did you get the videos working? :teehee:

Wise guy A!?

Well, yes and no. They work on my home desktop machine but not my laptop.

I still have no idea why, but I no longer really care as I was able to watch them on the other machine.

skNYC
11-09-2006, 09:59 PM
I was actually trying to make you feel a little better about being mistaken because it's totally understandable.

Of course. You are my life saver! After all, Mr T owns a gun ;)

brownishcoat
11-09-2006, 09:59 PM
Still cute, even blurry!

I live in the Houston area (TX) and we lived in West Texas for a couple of years. In Houston it's very humid and WT was very dry and people thought that we were much younger than we were. My ex got mistaken for a high school student when he was 28. The funny thing is, his hair is going prematurely white. It was pretty funny.

I think the humidity level can be a factor in aging, but that's just a theory.