PDA

View Full Version : DPNs and doggone

Limey
11-09-2006, 05:10 PM
Came downstairs yesterday morning and there was no sign at all of Sam Pup – no unbridled bundle of energy bowling me over as usual.

Checked all the house and garden before I clocked a hastily scribbled scrap of paper hanging from the mantel piece.

It was from the hubby, who said (from what I could make out) that he had suddenly discovered urgent and pressing business in Scotland – (in the middle of the night!?)- and had decided to take Sam and meet up with Harris and Mitchell for an extended walking holiday and couldn’t say for sure when he would be back.

What a relief!!!!! I thought Sam had gone missing !!!!!!

He thought the change of air would do Sam no end of good and would help him develop normally, instead of spending most of the day fetching Mum’s double-pointed knitting needles from next door’s garden. He thinks it’s a bit strange for Sam to be expected to recover my knitting paraphernalia from all around the neighbourhood – (cheek – those points have only landed in one or two nearby gardens – the way he goes on you’d think I sent them halfway round the block).

He said he could be back this side of Christmas if I could stop making holes in the lounge walls – the shop was now totally out of filler and he felt awkward about asking if they could supply it by the barrel-load.

Hard to make out the next bit – something about ‘very nice of DH members to encourage you to carry on with the DPNs but ……. something, something, - big-advantage- safety, 3,000 miles – Atlantic Ocean.’

Can’t imagine what he means by that …. Oh, well, as long as Sam’s okay.

Many thanks for all your kind help!

Limey

Stiney
11-09-2006, 05:11 PM
Few, got scared at the beginning of this story when you saw the note. I was sure it was going to be "Ran to vet, dog ate needles, internal bleeding."

Jan in CA
11-09-2006, 05:27 PM
Does your husband disappear in the middle of the night often? :?? And how do your needles end up in neighbors gardens? :??

Limey
11-09-2006, 06:13 PM
Must admit sometimes hubby ends up in neighbours gardens and needles disappear in the night :??

Thanks for all the encouragement Jan, - you're a ray of hope!

Limey

AnreeAce
11-09-2006, 06:16 PM
So, the DPN experiment is going well, is it? :rofl:

Secretly glad about the fact that you're an ocean and a continent away!

Chel
11-09-2006, 07:11 PM
I :heart: Limey.

Seeing Brit-speak makes me feel soooo mushy inside.

Now all she needs is to start typing wot instead of what.

bjc1050
11-09-2006, 07:28 PM
Came downstairs yesterday morning and there was no sign at all of Sam Pup – no unbridled bundle of energy bowling me over as usual.

Checked all the house and garden before I clocked a hastily scribbled scrap of paper hanging from the mantel piece.

It was from the hubby, who said (from what I could make out) that he had suddenly discovered urgent and pressing business in Scotland – (in the middle of the night!?)- and had decided to take Sam and meet up with Harris and Mitchell for an extended walking holiday and couldn’t say for sure when he would be back.

What a relief!!!!! I thought Sam had gone missing !!!!!!

He thought the change of air would do Sam no end of good and would help him develop normally, instead of spending most of the day fetching Mum’s double-pointed knitting needles from next door’s garden. He thinks it’s a bit strange for Sam to be expected to recover my knitting paraphernalia from all around the neighbourhood – (cheek – those points have only landed in one or two nearby gardens – the way he goes on you’d think I sent them halfway round the block).

He said he could be back this side of Christmas if I could stop making holes in the lounge walls – the shop was now totally out of filler and he felt awkward about asking if they could supply it by the barrel-load.

Hard to make out the next bit – something about ‘very nice of DH members to encourage you to carry on with the DPNs but ……. something, something, - big-advantage- safety, 3,000 miles – Atlantic Ocean.’

Can’t imagine what he means by that …. Oh, well, as long as Sam’s okay.

Limey

Sounds like the 1st few pages of a chapter in a book. :shrug: