PDA

View Full Version : Warm hat pattern

jess_hawk
11-10-2006, 02:14 AM
So, I tried to use a pattern for my current hat project, but it didn't work out so well since I'm double knitting and I hate k2p2 rib. So here's MY version of the hat:
Materials: 2 skeins of worsted weight yarn. I used red and navy.
four dpns, size 3
1 circular and 4 dpns, size 7

Cast on 104 stitches on the smaller dpns, holding both yarns together. place marker and join in the round. Work in k2, p2 rib until the ribbing measures two inches. The next round, switch to the circular and k1 with MC and p1 with CC around. continue alternating knit stitches in the main color with purl stitches in the contrasting color for 4 inches.
On the next round, **(k1MC p1CC) 12 times, then knit together the next four stitches using both strands. ** repeat from **
On the next round, repeat the same procedure as the last round, but (k1MC p1CC) 11 times before combining stitches.
Next round: same as before, but (k1MC p1CC) 10 times
Continue decreasing the number of stitches between combined stitches (Switch to size 7 dpns when necessary) until 12 stitches (6 in each color) remain. Then, cut the yarn, thread it through all the remaining stitches, pull it tight, knot it, and weave the ends in.