PDA

View Full Version : KnitPick Options

pug
11-10-2006, 09:28 AM
I have never ordered from KnitPicks and was going to ask for KnitPick Options for Christmas. How long does it take to receive your order once it is placed and if anyone has had any problems receiving their order.

Thanks

brendajos
11-10-2006, 09:45 AM
I think we all have had pretty varied experiences. Options would qualify for free shipping. I have had the free shipping take 1 1/2 weeks to arrive and I have had it take less than a week. Usually, if i qualify for free shipping i pay the extra $7 (what i figure i would have paid for shipping, at the very least anyway) for 3-day select so i don't have to wait.

I have never had any issues with ordering from them. From everything I have heard, there haven't been too many issues beyond the occasional lost shipment which will happen and KP is good about taking care of those problems pretty quickly.

janelanespaintbrush
11-10-2006, 09:48 AM
As brendajos said, it seems like delivery times for KP can range a lot. For myself, it's been a low of a couple days to a high of maybe a week. But there have been stories of longer waits, and I could definitely see them getting busier during the holiday season. I'd probably allow a couple of weeks, maybe a little more. And (horrors!) what if they ran out of stock -- I'm sure it's on a lot of knitters wish lists. Better to order earlier than later, I think. Oh, and I can also vouch for their excellent customer service. I wouldn't be concerned about that at all.

moon
11-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Usually it's about a week for me.

The Options set is so great. If you look around here you'll see so many positive reviews. I would snatch one up as quickly as you can.

I've never had any problems. They are wonderful!

nadja la claire
11-10-2006, 05:00 PM
My orders have taken about a week give or take. They are thoughly worth the wait. Although with one of my needles the nickle plating had chipped in places and the opening for the cable conection was too wide on another but the customer service is amazing, the woman I spoke to offered to ship them over night if I needed them right away at no cost to me. I love my Options and KP.

Nadja xxx

Sissy
11-10-2006, 07:04 PM
:muah: I love KP.I have not ever had any problems with them......

Pink Dandelion
11-10-2006, 08:23 PM
When they were overloaded with orders for the options it took over 2 weeks for us to get some books ordered from them. They didn't make it in time for my moms BD :pout:

But other times they've shipped really fast!

Over Christmas season I would imagine they would have more orders, and take into account that the post office also slows down around then too. How close you are to their werehouse can also make a big difference, this sounds silly but if the shop is in the same state as me it can get here as soon as the day after it's shipped, but if it's a few states over, 3-4 days - across on the other coast a full week, all depending on the post office.