PDA

View Full Version : Knitting Fairy Fantasy

Chel
11-10-2006, 01:10 PM
The Knitting Fairy has sprinkled a generous bit of Knitting Fairy Dust™ on your little heads and now you have the power to design a new knit-centric life. You need not work... money is no object.

Where do you now live?
What yarn do you now have an unlimited supply of?
What are your needles of choice?
What technique have you magically mastered?

Where do you now live? Malta
What yarn do you now have an unlimited supply of? Mmmmmmalabrigo
What are your needles of choice? Addi's
What technique have you magically mastered? Sweater making. I am *no longer* intimidated by necks and arms and stuff.

snowbear
11-10-2006, 01:20 PM
[quote="Chel"]Where do you now live?

I live In San Diego, close to daughter and her family.
All webs can supply, due to love of so many..
My Denise's and my Aeros.
How to knit socks!

janelanespaintbrush
11-10-2006, 01:34 PM
Where do you now live?

I'd probably travel a lot, actually. Not sure I could choose one place. I might need to have a few different homes across the world. (Hey, this is a fantasy, right?)

I have to choose one? Probably one that doesn't exist then... like a superwash cashmere. Of course, if money is no object, I suppose some one else would be doing my laundry. A sumptuous cotton that knits like wool would be nice too. (In real life, it would have to be machine washable, but in the fantasy world, I suppose it doesn't matter.)

I'd have a set of everything so I could choose based on the yarn and project.

Everything!

mwedzi
11-10-2006, 06:44 PM
The Knitting Fairy has sprinkled a generous bit of Knitting Fairy Dust™ on your little heads and now you have the power to design a new knit-centric life. You need not work... money is no object.

Where do you now live?

Me and my bunnies (and whatever guy I have a crush on at the moment, cuz this is a fantasy, right?) go somewhere different every few months, but spend a lot of time lounging on small islands in the Philippines, buying beads in South Africa, and dancing in Korean hip hop clubs. After years of doing this, when the bunnies begin to show gray hairs, we finally come back to the States and spend most of our rich fabulous lives hanging out in Santa Monica in California and being ultra trendy in New York City. After 20 years of that, when I'm raising the bunnies' great grandchildren (which is really a fantasy since they've been neutered and spayed), we live on the edge of a forest in New Zealand (how's *that* for elaborate!)

I have lots and lots of yarns, but have moundfuls of Karabella Aurora 8 and some spun silk from Sarah's Yarns.

I have all Crystal Palace dpns and circulars.

I have mastered pattern design and pattern marketing.

mulene
11-13-2006, 10:19 AM
Where do you now live?

I'm with Jane. I'd travel a LOT and I'd go on yarn buying expeditions all over the globe. I'd have houses all over the place (or apartments in cities) but I'd call home a ranch in Australia which is a sheep, alpaca and Kashmir goats farm. I'd have lots of Aussie men to do the work and run the ranch for me and I'd spin the shorn animals myself!

I'm also with Jane on the superwash cashmere, but I'm also leaning towards an unlimited supply of Plymouth Bamboo yarn - that stuff was so delicious to knit with and it created such gorgeous drapey fabric - it would also be perfect to use to make things to wear on the ranch as it will be hot!

I'd also have a set of each (in fact I already do =P) I'd like a spare set of Denise, I'd like a ton more spare cables for my Options. I'd keep the boye set so I could take it out every so often and laugh at my naivety when I got them. I'd keep my Plymouth Little Sister set for when I fly and I'd have addi turbos in all the sizes under the sun!

Hrm Colour work. Seaming. Spinning! Everything! =D