PDA

View Full Version : First piece sweater

nonny2t
11-10-2006, 09:29 PM
This is my first piece sweater :happydance: and boy I am never ever using Homespun again for a sweater until I am really experienced. I had a devil of a time with the stuff and it didn't help it was a dark color. Dumb me, but I guess for each thing you make you learn something, right????

Chrissie
11-10-2006, 10:53 PM
:yay:

It looks really soft and cozy....I like the design, too.

ae
11-10-2006, 11:11 PM
looks great! :cheering: so warm and soft.

Amber
11-10-2006, 11:42 PM
It looks great, and I really like that color too!

blueeyes28
11-11-2006, 08:45 AM
It looks great I tried to make a sweater with homespun before and I could not do it ! Is it really comfy??

nonny2t
11-11-2006, 09:25 AM
It looks great I tried to make a sweater with homespun before and I could not do it ! Is it really comfy??

I found the blue color I did (see pic under subject first one piece sweater and I also did a baby set) to be softer than this brown stuff. I thought it a bit scratchy so who knows? Hopefully my grandson will like it. I hated the Homespun because it unravels so easily and you can "pick" it when you are knitting and then you end up with snags. Unfortunately for me, I still have 4 skeins of the blue that Lion Brand sent me when I complained that I had a bad skein that was totally unraveled in the middle.

meg
11-11-2006, 11:55 AM
it looks perfect! homespun can be a bugger, but you did a great job with it. i love the colorway and the sweater looks so comfy! great job!

gardenmommy
11-12-2006, 07:15 PM
I think the sweater turned out great, and you were really dedicated to get it done!

Somebody somewhere likes Homespun, you might be able to swap what you have for something else!